GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason that I question the financial health of the Martens family begins with the almost instantaneous greed grab of Jason's financial assets before the poor man was probably even on the autopsy table. Who does that? Why was it imperative to rush to banks and empty accounts? Why was that even in the mind of the family after such a horrific event? Why were they so quickly organized to get money, yet gave no thought to how to break the awful news to Jason's family?

The only rational reason I can imagine is need. They needed money. Certainly the documents we have seen indicate even the
Police who see tragedy every day...saw this has very suspicious activity.

I also look at the movement of two large sums of money. Coupled with the GreedGrab, I'm suspicious of what these amounts were for. It is NOT an American custom for the parents of the bride to expect the groom to pay. Certainly no bride or groom has offered our family in excess of $130,000 combined for the pleasure of marrying one of our offspring.

Finally, there is the GreedGrab of used furniture and used linens for an entire large home by a woman ...living where? The only rational reason again is to be selling used linen and bedroom furniture (once stained with her husband's brain tissue)...is financial need.

Then, we have the selling of the beach house. Individually, all these things may be explained. Collectively, they begin to hint at a financial need and a motive.

all by Molly right?...do you think she should have been compensated for being a nanny?...

another thing the money transfer(s) could have been used for is to get Jason set up in the golf club...IMO

Do you have a link to a story that says Jason didn't pay her

I think he did pay her with the $80K, or some kind of combination or gesture...I also think their marriage would change their financial structure with tax implications...I just think it's a bit of a stretch to look at those transfers as sinister...there could be plenty of legitimate reasons for those transfers that Jason himself made...and delving into them might not yield the result$ those seeking to find something want to see...IMO...

another thing the money transfer(s) could have been used for is to get Jason set up in the golf club...IMO

http://www.meadowlandsgolfclub.com

Not a "true" country club. No initiation fees,no minimums.

"Regarded as one of the finest courses in the Triad area, Meadowlands offers affordable memberships without Initiation Fees, Food & Beverage Minimums or Assessments. In addition to Membership, daily play is welcome allowing for a truly special “Member for a Day” experience."

Mike Earnest set it up cheques were to made payable to him and Mona maybe they need the money I don't know . I wasn't suggesting that it extended to the beach house I was suggesting they didn't seem to need to sell the house before ship wash made his ruling but just days after they and that's questionable IMO premeditated or not Jason was brutally murder and IMO the DA dropped the murder one because to prove premediation beyond reasonable doubt was a risk they weren't willing to take But there is definitely argument for premidation IMO but I'm not going to arguing over and back because we have yet again changed from the subject we were all discussing to another repeitive difference in opinion argument that in all honestly will not change this case anyway because th DA doesn't need to prove premeditation IMO
I've come to think that "Uncle Mike" stepped up to help because TM wasn't able to help Molly in her pursuit of Molly anymore...I don't at all agree with his tactics in attempting to penetrate JCs office...he has a big mouth...IMO

http://www.meadowlandsgolfclub.com

Not a "true" country club. No initiation fees,no minimums.

"Regarded as one of the finest courses in the Triad area, Meadowlands offers affordable memberships without Initiation Fees, Food & Beverage Minimums or Assessments. In addition to Membership, daily play is welcome allowing for a truly special “Member for a Day” experience."

I read that too...but I also know when you live within the grounds of a gated golf course community, there are all sorts of special assessments, etc...IMO

I've come to think that "Uncle Mike" stepped up to help because TM wasn't able to help Molly in her pursuit of Molly anymore...I don't at all agree with his tactics in attempting to penetrate JCs office...he has a big mouth...IMO

IMO Mike stepped up because he likes the limelight and the sound of his own voice . I would also suggest that he has told so many lies now his credibility is gone out the window and if he really wants to help his family he should take a step back and take a seat . Also there is no information supplied to the police regarding the transfer of the money because if there was the Martens lawyers would have provided both shipwash and the media when questioned about the large sums of money being transferred. I can't find any information on substantial amounts of money being needed to move into the house I would have thought that was probably included in the price of it wasn't it wouldn't be costing 10s of thousands annually. I suggest we have run out of steam on this subject and should try to move on unless you can supply new information that we haven't seen to the contrary

I read that too...but I also know when you live within the grounds of a gated golf course community, there are all sorts of special assessments, etc...IMO

I live in one. You do not pay the "assessments" in a lump sum of $80,000. We have monthly fees for various a entities and services apart from Club fees and minimums.

With regards the transfers of money, MM admitted during the hearing of the property matters that JC had transferred the sums of 50,000 and 80,000 to her and her parents respectively. IMO this money was to pay for wedding expenses and to finish furnishing the home. There were also two cars, both 2011 models, purchased. Could JC have lent sums of money to the Martens family? It's a possibility and should be easy to ascertain if they simply handed over the documents Shipwash requested. As for the money being payment for MM's nannying fees, if this were the case how did she manage to support herself during her time in ireland?

I could be wrong but they have simply appealed a ruling; nothing has changed bar the decision of Shipwash being frozen until after the hearing of the appeal. This is all routine. I cannot see how any lawyer can dismiss the transfer of 130,000 as being irrelevant to this matter. If the Martens family can provide invoices showing that the wedding cost 130,000 then it becomes irrelevant until then transfers of large sums at around the same time as a house being purchased is very relevant IMO.

I could be wrong but they have simply appealed a ruling; nothing has changed bar the decision of Shipwash being frozen until after the hearing of the appeal. This is all routine. I cannot see how any lawyer can dismiss the transfer of 130,000 as being irrelevant to this matter. If the Martens family can provide invoices showing that the wedding cost 130,000 then it becomes irrelevant until then transfers of large sums at around the same time as a house being purchased is very relevant IMO.

this appeal in NC under NC law is an "appeal by right" not by process...meaning it's actually a "trial de novo" or a new trial... http://nccriminallaw.sog.unc.edu/trial-de-novo/... IMO

there are plenty of ways to account for those transfers without having to imply that Jason gave the Martens and Molly that money for no reason ... IMO...like no reason that he wants us to know...I just don't see it being subject to clawback...it wasn't a marriage & murder scheme...

Ten years ago there wa quite a sweep of arrests in a corruption scandal in the Tennnesse FBI

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tennessee_Waltz

Sad to have more scandal with this indictment of TM. Also wonder if the investigation into Mike Earnest's actions have come to conclusion. Has anyone seen any more articles?.
What a co-incidence, I was just researching FBI background checks for applicants
http://www.federaljobs.net/fbijobs.htm.. heres the link..
dont see how any of the three of them can ever be employed by fBI again..
Was it an assassination?

Ten years ago there wa quite a sweep of arrests in a corruption scandal in the Tennnesse FBI

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Tennessee_Waltz

Sad to have more scandal with this indictment of TM. Also wonder if the investigation into Mike Earnest's actions have come to conclusion. Has anyone seen any more articles?.
they probably turned it over to his employer and now it is a private personnel matter...JMO...

If anyone does have any further information on the Mike Earnest investigation , please post it. They may need to consider that situation when trial starts, and choose a different spokesman.

I sincerely hope that you become part of the incredible media extravaganza yet to come in this case...you never know it could go Hollywood and you have an incredible imagination...write the story...IMO

IMO. Those stories are far more believable than the fairytales the Martens, Earnest, their lawyers and their supporters have said so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member