GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
there are plenty of ways to account for those transfers without having to imply that Jason gave the Martens and Molly that money for no reason ... IMO...like no reason that he wants us to know...I just don't see it being subject to clawback...it wasn't a marriage & murder scheme...

SearchinGirl,
Could you please provide links to the plenty of ways to account for those transfers? Is there some reason that J gave all that money to the Martens & Molly "for no reason"? If so, please explain why J gave that money to the Martens & Molly for no reason. Or if you have no links, it would be great if you just expand your thoughts so that others can start to understand your thinking........ Just for clarification, could you please provide the definition for "clawback"? Not sure what you meant when you said "it wasn't a marriage & murder scheme? Do you mean it wasn't a marriage? Or it wasn't a murder scheme? Just trying to follow your thoughts. Struggling,,,,,,,

This article is interesting...even though it deals with an active shooter. It shows the intensity of training at every FBI office to assess, predict, and defuse dangerous situations. This is training TM would have had intensively...and yet he could not identify, predict or defuse a situation without taking a bat and brick and essentially overkilling his son-in-law

.https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office...planning-and-response-in-a-healthcare-setting

First: Learn the signs of a potentially volatile situation and ways to prevent an incident. Second: Learn the best steps for survival when faced with an active shooter situation. Third: Be prepared to work with law enforcement during the response.

Snip

Each FBI field office has a NCAVC representative available to work with healthcare facility TATs and coordinate access to the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit. It focuses not on how to respond tactically to an active shooter situation but rather on how to prevent one. Early intervention can prevent a situation from escalating by identifying, assessing, and managing the threat. The TAT should consult with its healthcare facility administration and develop a process to seek these additional resources.

This article is interesting...even though it deals with an active shooter. It shows the intensity of training at every FBI office to assess, predict, and defuse dangerous situations. This is training TM would have had intensively...and yet he could not identify, predict or defuse a situation without taking a bat and brick and essentially overkilling his son-in-law

.https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/office...planning-and-response-in-a-healthcare-setting

First: Learn the signs of a potentially volatile situation and ways to prevent an incident. Second: Learn the best steps for survival when faced with an active shooter situation. Third: Be prepared to work with law enforcement during the response.

Snip

Each FBI field office has a NCAVC representative available to work with healthcare facility TATs and coordinate access to the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit. It focuses not on how to respond tactically to an active shooter situation but rather on how to prevent one. Early intervention can prevent a situation from escalating by identifying, assessing, and managing the threat. The TAT should consult with its healthcare facility administration and develop a process to seek these additional resources.

was just reading it coincidentally here https://www.yahoo.com/news/congress-examine-fbi-handling-tennessee-shooter-173702434.html?ref=gs

SearchinGirl,
Could you please provide links to the plenty of ways to account for those transfers? Is there some reason that J gave all that money to the Martens & Molly "for no reason"? If so, please explain why J gave that money to the Martens & Molly for no reason. Or if you have no links, it would be great if you just expand your thoughts so that others can start to understand your thinking........ Just for clarification, could you please provide the definition for "clawback"? Not sure what you meant when you said "it wasn't a marriage & murder scheme? Do you mean it wasn't a marriage? Or it wasn't a murder scheme? Just trying to follow your thoughts. Struggling,,,,,,,
you yourself say Jason was a smart man...was he in the habit of giving away money for no reason?...I just don't get how he was "schemed" into making those transfers...IMO...a clawback is a financial term usually used to describe recouping "ill-gotten gains" and I use it here in that I just couldn't think of a better way to describe how Molly's marital assets can be seized under the slayer statute... does anybody have proof what those transfers were for? ...I don't think so, so how can I explain what the money was for? can you explain it?... I don't believe Molly married Jason to defraud him of his money... and I'm still trying to ascertain her malice in killing Jason...it's difficult for anyone to understand if they haven't been through it...just saying'...and I don't believe he's blameless just because he's Irish...I want to hear her story... I think Thomas Martens may be innocent because it could have happened the way he said except for one doubt I have that I'm keeping to myself for now...of course the Martens assets are being depleted but I don't see him selling his beach condo as a consciousness of guilt ... I struggle following others thoughts too...like how deceit and scheming prove 2nd degree murder...IMO

you yourself say Jason was a smart man...was he in the habit of giving away money for no reason?...I just don't get how he was "schemed" into making those transfers...IMO...a clawback is a financial term usually used to describe recouping "ill-gotten gains" and I use it here in that I just couldn't think of a better way to describe how Molly's marital assets can be seized under the slayer statute... does anybody have proof what those transfers were for? ...I don't think so, so how can I explain what the money was for? can you explain it?... I don't believe Molly married Jason to defraud him of his money... and I'm still trying to ascertain her malice in killing Jason...it's difficult for anyone to understand if they haven't been through it...just saying'...and I don't believe he's blameless just because he's Irish...I want to hear her story... I think Thomas Martens may be innocent because it could have happened the way he said except for one doubt I have that I'm keeping to myself for now...of course the Martens assets are being depleted but I don't see him selling his beach condo as a consciousness of guilt ... I struggle following others thoughts too...like how deceit and scheming prove 2nd degree murder...IMO

I don't believe Molly married Jason for his money either, it was a side benefit that would allow her to keep herself and his kids, when she took his kids from him. She was desperate for children, apparently even trying to give the false impression that she was the birth mother to some in NC. She needed the money to support herself and the kids, but she'd have left the money behind IMO so long as she was able to take his kids from him. As for why Jason wired monies to her and separately to her parents, I believe that's why the Estate Court was requesting all of their credit and bank statements, to do a forensic accounting to see just why he did wire those monies. Martens family failed to produce those to the court so far. Did he have to pay for the wedding? Then there were the furniture purchases for the house. All those transfers too place before the marriage.

The malice comes in to play in the brutality of the murder, because the man was done with a disturbed relationship, because he was protecting his kids from her by not allowing her to adopt them. Airline tickets, wired funds to Ireland, corporate request for transfer home, might also suggest that he had already put in to motion a plan for he and the kids to return to Ireland, without her. There's your malice. Also, in US, by law, criminals are prevented from profiting from their crimes, and in this case that means Molly, if convicted (and hopefully both she and father are convicted of Murder Two) will not be allotted one single dollar from the marriage or Jason's estate. That's why the insurance funds are now in the care of the state and not her attorney's trust account, that's why she was ordered to sell the second car instead of allowing her father to drive it and those funds also deposited with state. (You have to wonder why kind of sick SOB gets behind his deceased son in law's wheels after he'd been indicted of murder of that son in law anyway - what's wrong with those people??)

Martens are forced to sell their assets to pay for their defense now that they no longer have Jason's insurance proceeds. Don't feel too badly for them, they've left a wake of horror behind, orphaned children, grief-stricken family and friends, all to enable their Molly. Jason Corbett wasn't just beaten, he was brutally and systematically bashed and battered to an inch of his life as he lay there, never able to defend himself. The Autopsy report damns both Martens, they left that man to die after battering him. I can't see how they didn't go for 1st Degree murder.

I've come to think that "Uncle Mike" stepped up to help because TM wasn't able to help Molly in her pursuit of Molly anymore...I don't at all agree with his tactics in attempting to penetrate JCs office...he has a big mouth...IMO

Mike Earnest attempted to use his badge to force entry to Jason's office 24 hours after Jason was killed. He was attempting to enter under false pretenses and that's why he's under investigation by his own employer. It looks like the whole family enabled Molly, Mike too.

Martens are forced to sell their assets to pay for their defense now that they no longer have Jason's insurance proceeds. Don't feel too badly for them, they've left a wake of horror behind, orphaned children, grief-stricken family and friends, all to enable their Molly. Jason Corbett wasn't just beaten, he was brutally and systematically bashed and battered to an inch of his life as he lay there, never able to defend himself. The Autopsy report damns both Martens, they left that man to die after battering him. I can't see how they didn't go for 1st Degree murder.
Great posts, thanks Courtney.
I am worried she may have managed to cash one of those insurance policies already..
I feel they got the stay because they had already spent a considerable quantity of this money.
I hope I'm wrong.

I think he did pay her with the $80K, or some kind of combination or gesture...I also think their marriage would change their financial structure with tax implications...I just think it's a bit of a stretch to look at those transfers as sinister...there could be plenty of legitimate reasons for those transfers that Jason himself made...and delving into them might not yield the result$ those seeking to find something want to see...IMO...

For your theory to be true, that would mean that Molly worked in Ireland receiving no pay. Doesn't make sense that it was a reimbursement of some kind. It makes sense it was fir furniture for the new house he had just purchased.

Great posts, thanks Courtney.
I am worried she may have managed to cash one of those insurance policies already..
I feel they got the stay because they had already spent a considerable quantity of this money.
I hope I'm wrong.

Thanks Kitty, she was able to get her hands on one insurance policy proceeds in amount of US$600,000. Can you believe an insurance company actually gave the suspect in the murder the proceeds?? Molly appealed Shipwash decision, and in that appeal it was ordered that her attorneys turn that $600,000 over to the state to await outcome of the criminal court. Couple days later Martens parents put their beach house on the market. Could they really have planned to use Jason's Life Insurance to defend themselves from criminal charges in his murder?

Thanks Kitty, she was able to get her hands on one insurance policy proceeds in amount of US$600,000. Can you believe an insurance company actually gave the suspect in the murder the proceeds?? Molly appealed Shipwash decision, and in that appeal it was ordered that her attorneys turn that $600,000 over to the state to await outcome of the criminal court. Couple days later Martens parents put their beach house on the market. Could they really have planned to use Jason's Life Insurance to defend themselves from criminal charges in his murder?
I reckon they could and did.
Probably sold all the household furniture in a job lot as well.. though less significant, as much as a desecration..

They are relentless grabbers.
They would be hoping to fund a custody appeal from it too I reckon as they for some strange reason believe they will not be punished for the murder.

No I'm sure they couldn't have...those funds were put in trust by an attorney...who could not have let Molly spend them without jeopardizing his license ...IMO... The state taking control of them eliminates risk...

For your theory to be true, that would mean that Molly worked in Ireland receiving no pay. Doesn't make sense that it was a reimbursement of some kind. It makes sense it was fir furniture for the new house he had just purchased.
it doesn't make a sense to me...that it was for furniture...but can we agree to disagree?

I think that was highly probable. Two murder trials in the same family is going to be expensive. The Marten's have hired prominent attorneys to defend them. What we know about Jason's financial situation & the insurance payout is likely the tip of the iceberg. I wonder what else will be revealed about the money. Could there be other insurance policies? The greed is sickening.

My head is reeling from reading through all this debate about money! I don't know what kind of transactions can be traced while Jason was alive, but I do know that in my extended family there are some generous/ dubious financial "gift" transactions that would have WebSleuths talking if there were any murders among my relatives! Sometimes people allow family members to take advantage of them, and hopefully it only happens once or twice before they close the family bank.

IMO, money was not a direct motive for the murder, Molly killed Jason out a furious impulse, and Tom attempted to cover for her. As an extension to the family instinct to protect Molly from the consequences of her actions, the family then went into overdrive trying to seize all Jason's assets, as their personal "Molly insurance." They knew they were facing expensive legal proceedings, and they knew that Molly would be incapable of supporting herself financially. So their instinct was to grab everything.
If they were planning to kill Jason to retain his assets for the grieving young widow, I would assume a couple of dodgy FBI men would have the tools and contacts to do a more efficient job than bludgeoning him at home and then confessing. Everything about Jason's death says unpremeditated to me, and the FBI connection just makes that more plausible, not less.

My head is reeling from reading through all this debate about money! I don't know what kind of transactions can be traced while Jason was alive, but I do know that in my extended family there are some generous/ dubious financial "gift" transactions that would have WebSleuths talking if there were any murders among my relatives! Sometimes people allow family members to take advantage of them, and hopefully it only happens once or twice before they close the family bank.

IMO, money was not a direct motive for the murder, Molly killed Jason out a furious impulse, and Tom attempted to cover for her. As an extension to the family instinct to protect Molly from the consequences of her actions, the family then went into overdrive trying to seize all Jason's assets, as their personal "Molly insurance." They knew they were facing expensive legal proceedings, and they knew that Molly would be incapable of supporting herself financially. So their instinct was to grab everything.
If they were planning to kill Jason to retain his assets for the grieving young widow, I would assume a couple of dodgy FBI men would have the tools and contacts to do a more efficient job than bludgeoning him at home and then confessing. Everything about Jason's death says unpremeditated to me, and the FBI connection just makes that more plausible, not less.

very true. This IMO was a rage killing . We know this is being charged as murder 2 so no premeditation needs to be proved . In saying that though nobody has any idea what we were discussing before this whole thing was brought up without absolutely no evidence to back up claims .I'm going to suggest we use the ignore button and continue with the discussion about helping Jason the victim because otherwise this whole thread may end up as help exonerate Molly and Tom and come up with reasons why everything the police have said thus far to be inaccurate. IMO

I think if I remember rightly we were talking about the possibility that Tom bringing the bat could be used against him rather than going in his favour . Also I always love to know what Sharon was doing and why didn't she get help and what are your thoughts on why Mike was/is so involved. I know we all help our family but he is very involved even risking his job . Have we got a list of lies he told or indeed a list of the lies or half truths they have all told after the fact. Might give us a better understanding of how the jury will view them

I think if I remember rightly we were talking about the possibility that Tom bringing the bat could be used against him rather than going in his favour . Also I always love to know what Sharon was doing and why didn't she get help and what are your thoughts on why Mike was/is so involved. I know we all help our family but he is very involved even risking his job . Have we got a list of lies he told or indeed a list of the lies or half truths they have all told after the fact. Might give us a better understanding of how the jury will view them

I think anytime you bring a weapon to an argument and someone dies then you are hindered by this fact. If not for the weapon being there, what could have been so to speak. Whenever i think of TM's admission to the crime I have flashes of ME's statement when being asked about his attempting to enter JC's office; that as an FBI agent he was above scrutiny and his word had to be taken as fact (I cant remember it verbatim but something along the lines of a normal person can be accused of lying but not an FBI agent). I have wondered if TM shared this same mindset and had thought his word would have been taken as gospel by the authorities; that they would have shrugged said of course it was self-defence and that would be the end of it.

I think ME likes to keep the FBI link in the press and by being the spokesperson he is able to do this. He is also probably reaching the age of retirement and so would be winding down with the FBI whilst the other members of the family who are employed in government agencies would be much less willing (IMO) to put their careers on the line.

All posts are simply my own opinions.

One thing to remember...there's only one victim here: Jason Corbett.

Molly Martens is not a victim. The Pity Party over the loss of Jason's children is a direct result of her own actions, her own choices. Years ago, my daughter called crying that her grade point average was suffering because the ballet teacher did not like her. She tried her best, she said. Why should ballet class be allowed to bring down her otherwise fine grades? I was outraged for this injustice to my child and called the Dean. It seems my daughter left out one detail...it was an early morning class and she often slept in and hadn't gone to half of them! She was lucky to have passed!

The fact the MM and her Father inflicted a heinous and atrocious beating on her husband...was her choice and her own actions. I have not one whit of pity for her and will not invent excuses. Whatever would be the reason to try to shelter a murderess with sweet excuses? Even if there was an altercation, Jason did not die from an attempt to "stop" him...their savagery went far beyond that. "Heinous and atrocious." The autopsy, coupled with the account of life with MM from Her Ex-fiancé, and the greed-grabs that commenced almost immediately, I find pity for the Martens repulsive. What kind of society do we wish,,where perhaps I can beat your son or brother mercilessly and then everyone makes excuses for ME? Poor Me? Are we a vigilante, we-decide-who dies society? I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024