GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought it came out in court that the transfer went to Molly...50k went to TM & SM for the wedding...most of the expenses for the real estate were probably included in the $340k transfer...IMO... and then Molly says she bought the furniture or her parents did......

You're right, it was $50k transferred to the parents and $80k transferred to Molly. Wedding expenses were mentioned in news reports but nothing really specific, the suggestion was the $50k was for wedding expenses. Damn expensive wedding if $50k was used for it.

But the unpayed tax in Molly's case (if it were so) would be in Ireland, not the US.
What unpaid tax?
The accurate transfer of cash figures were published here a few weeks ago.
What was not published was how the monies were actually used.

In Ireland one only pays tax if one earns in excess of a certain amount. Nanny scales are low. But again this is probably a red herring..
I dont believe he was murdered for an unproven non payment of taxes allegation, by the way.
But carry on..
In Ireland also, taxes are payable upon the disposal of property.. Its part of the deal.
There is no way to avoid them, unfortunately..

But the unpayed tax in Molly's case (if it were so) would be in Ireland, not the US.
The taxes she paid in Ireland would be deductible in the US but IMO she would have to account for it...I can't say for sure.. We don't know what her nanny arrangement was, with whom, and who paid who what ... But, I only make this point because it has nothing to do the murder... And all those financial records that are going to be scrutinized might uncover secrets that even Jason doesn't want known...they were married and their finances were as well...IMO

You're right, it was $50k transferred to the parents and $80k transferred to Molly. Wedding expenses were mentioned in news reports but nothing really specific, the suggestion was the $50k was for wedding expenses. Damn expensive wedding if $50k was used for it.

I think she specifically said bridesmaids dresses...IDK...it's been awhile but every wedding I was in I was expected to buy my dress...of course dresses didn't seem to cost so much back then...nowadays they cost thousands a piece...IMO

If we look back at the Shipwash rulings Molly said she contributed less than 10 k dollars to the joint bank account in the 4 years so I don't think she had 80k . I believed the 80k was for household items but it does seem to be a lot of money ,a new car was bought when they went there so if are generous ( 2011 Honda Accord ) and said 25k that still leaves 55 k . I understand Jason brought a lot of furniture from Ireland and if we believe Mollys version that her parents bought or was gifted the items which she took from the house as reported (pics attached) that's a big difference left.We will give another 15k (feeling generous here)that still leaves 40k that's unaccounted for . That's a lot of money . I can see why shipwash didn't believe her story . The 50k for the wedding does seem very excessive but I suppose Molly does have expensive taste and weddings here are at least 20k so I suppose it is possible but I haven't seen anywhere about the bridesmaid dresses specifically . I don't think Tom was Cia to be honest and it doesn't say anywhere he was .I think he was nothing more than a pen pusher and if he was Cia don't you think he would be trained to subdue not aid in battering a man to death . I personally can't see the Martens having a lot of money as suggested . Yes they both worked . They also have had to put at least 3 children through College. Their last finishing just last year . So now would be the time they would be accumulating money IMO. Molly at least attended the first year in College and it would seem from the information we have at hand that she received treatment at least once in a private psych facility possibly more if she had be suffering from mental illness since 15 . There was the condo which was bought in my opinion so Molly wouldn't be living at home anymore it is still owned by Tom and Sharon so it wasn't gifted to Molly . Actually come to think of it if the IRS need to be checking anybodies finances they should start with the Martens . IMO they living beyond their means forgive me if I'm wrong but government jobs are not extremely well paid are they? Also in Ireland we don't do our own taxes they are automatically deducted from our pay and a live in Nanny is tax deductible.

http://www.city-data.com/knox-county-tn/B/Berlin-Drive-3.html

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5cad-8e9b-ba7f55f4ccfc/56e1083eafd3c.pdf.pdf

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gr...tt-ordered-to-return-items-she-took-from-home

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 10
If we look back at the Shipwash rulings Molly said she contributed less than 10 k dollars to the joint bank account in the 4 years so I don't think she had 80k . I believed the 80k was for household items but it does seem to be a lot of money ,a new car was bought when they went there so if are generous ( 2011 Honda Accord ) and said 25k that still leaves 55 k . I understand Jason brought a lot of furniture from Ireland and if we believe Mollys version that her parents bought or was gifted the items which she took from the house as reported (pics attached) that's a big difference left.We will give another 15k (feeling generous here)that still leaves 40k that's unaccounted for . That's a lot of money . I can see why shipwash didn't believe her story . The 50k for the wedding does seem very excessive but I suppose Molly does have expensive taste and weddings here are at least 20k so I suppose it is possible but I haven't seen anywhere about the bridesmaid dresses specifically . I don't think Tom was Cia to be honest and it doesn't say anywhere he was .I think he was nothing more than a pen pusher and if he was Cia don't you think he would be trained to subdue not aid in battering a man to death . I personally can't see the Martens having a lot of money as suggested . Yes they both worked . They also have to put at least 3 children through College. Their last finishing just last year . So now would be the time they would be accumulating money IMO. Molly at least attended the first year in College and it would seem from the information we have at hand that she received treatment at least once in a private psych facility possibly more if she had be suffering from mental illness since 15 . There was the condo which was bought in my opinion so Molly wouldn't be living at home anymore it is still owned by Tom and Sharon so it wasn't gifted to Molly . Actually come to think of it if the IRS need to be checking anybodies finances they should start with the Martens . IMO they living beyond their means forgive me if I'm wrong but government jobs are not extremely well paid are they? Also in Ireland we don't do our own taxes they are automatically deducted from our pay and a live in Nanny is tax deductible.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5cad-8e9b-ba7f55f4ccfc/56e1083eafd3c.pdf.pdf

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-gr...tt-ordered-to-return-items-she-took-from-home
Well said !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't think there is anything sinister about the money transfers. Jason would not have been able to open a bank account in NC until he could prove an address there and to purchase a house, kit it out etc, the money would have had to go through a bank account. That said, he could have easily transferred it directly to his real estate attorney through his Irish bank but I'm sure taxation/bank or currency exchange charges would have applied so it's possible some money saving scheme was going on. No harm in that, we all like to save a buck where we can.

I don't think there is anything sinister about the money transfers. Jason would not have been able to open a bank account in NC until he could prove an address there and to purchase a house, kit it out etc, the money would have had to go through a bank account. That said, he could have easily transferred it directly to his real estate attorney through his Irish bank but I'm sure taxation/bank or currency exchange charges would have applied so it's possible some money saving scheme was going on. No harm in that, we all like to save a buck where we can.

Also, would the children have had expenses? School fees etc maybe, could account for some of it. Perhaps he covered the cost for his family members to attend his wedding in the US. That could inflate the wedding bill considerably.

I agree...I think we all look for legal ways to lessen our tax burden no matter where we are...but, I think the sheriff seeking a financial motive in this crime was ill advised could have hurt their investigation ... IMO

I suggested Jason's death may have been an assassination and there followed a number of allegations regarding how Jason's tax affairs may not have been in order..
Trying to join up the dots here.. its not adding up.
Jason's vast insurance portfolios may have been a motive, his cash transfers to Tom and Molly have have been repayable.
There are other motives.. lets look at the possibilities beyond bridesmaid's dresses, shall we?
Tom is a trained FBI agent. His lifestyle was heavily subsidised by Jason's earnings.. paid holidays etc.
He was employed by Oakridge laboratories at the time of the murder.
Oakridge is mired in scandals and anomalies.
Mike Earnest, brother of Sharon is a sIGAR employee, with exact same priveliges as FBI.
Molly's brother is also an FBI agent.

Apart from financial, what are the other possibilities in relation to motive?

I suggested Jason's death may have been an assassination and there followed a number of allegations regarding how Jason's tax affairs may not have been in order..
Trying to join up the dots here.. its not adding up.
Jason's vast insurance portfolios may have been a motive, his cash transfers to Tom and Molly have have been repayable.
There are other motives.. lets look at the possibilities beyond bridesmaid's dresses, shall we?
Tom is a trained FBI agent. His lifestyle was heavily subsidised by Jason's earnings.. paid holidays etc.
He was employed by Oakridge laboratories at the time of the murder.
Oakridge is mired in scandals and anomalies.
Mike Earnest, brother of Sharon is a sIGAR employee, with exact same priveliges as FBI.
Molly's brother is also an FBI agent.

Apart from financial, what are the other possibilities in relation to motive?
How can you say Thomas Martens lifestyle was subsidized by Jason's earnings?...I'm sorry kitty that doesn't make sense...IMO

In fairness we have no idea about the financial status of the Martens , for all we know they could have lost a lot of money in the economic downturn and gone bankrupt . What we do know is there was money put into their bank account from Jason. And also if you look at the 914 folly beach house it was put up for sale AFTER Shipwash made his ruling on the 7th of March not before. Maybe that's another coincidence . Also just to add IMO if there was any dodgy dealing and tax evasion involved in those sums of money . The Martens would have hung him out to dry
http://www.trulia.com/property/35603881-914-W-Ashley-Ave-Folly-Beach-SC-29439
https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com/sc/folly-beach/914-w-ashley/pid_11109620/

In fairness we have no idea about the financial status of the Martens , for all we know they could have lost a lot of money in the economic downturn and gone bankrupt . What we do know is there was money put into their bank account from Jason. And also if you look at the 914 folly beach house it was put up for sale AFTER Shipwash made his ruling on the 7th of March not before. Maybe that's another coincidence .

the thing about government employees though...not so subject to economic downturn...that regular salary that just keeps growing ... and the retirement matching contribution... plus insurance... and a lot of them after awhile can't be fired... IMO, as an entrepreneur approaching retirement, sometimes I think I should have done it that way ... however, their stock portfolio and retirement and real estate most likely moved with the market...TM selling his beach house makes me think he probably needs to free up the cash...as far as I know his assets aren't under lien... to know the equity value to the Martens you would have to find encumbrances like a deed of trust and promissory note which in real estate is recorded public record...IMO

the thing about government employees though...not so subject to economic downturn...that regular salary that just keeps growing ... and the retirement matching contribution... plus insurance... and a lot of them after awhile can't be fired... IMO, as an entrepreneur approaching retirement, sometimes I think I should have done it that way ... however, their stock portfolio and retirement and real estate most likely moved with the market...TM selling his beach house makes me think he probably needs to free up the cash...as far as I know his assets aren't under lien... to know the equity value to the Martens you would have to find encumbrances like a deed of trust and promissory note which in real estate is recorded public record...IMO

Im not really interested in how much their net worth is. It makes them no better or no worse in my eyes . Having money doesn't make you a good person or it doesn't make you less likely to commit murder. They could have invested in stocks many people do , they could have chosen the wrong property to buy, they could have bought property in the good times and are in negative equity now . We have no idea. They did set up a pay pal fund for their legal bills so if they had enough money why did they do that. I just think it is strange that the house was put up for sale after Shipwash ordered them to give back the money

First of all, I would assume that Jason had a credit card...most people do, especially businessmen. I could outfit a home tommorrow with my credit card. No need to wire money. My husband worked for an International company and our credit card did not charge us transaction fees. If you travel frequently, and have excellent credit, those cards are available. Jason had the wherewithal to pay cash for an expensive home. His credit was undoubtly excellent.

Our children have been married in expensive American weddings....one with 300 attending with sit down rehearsal dinner catered in the Tiffany glass room at the Chrysler Museum in Norfolf, Va...a hotel reception the next day with orchestra and flowers, etc plus gift bags in out of town guests. I mention this because I have direct experience with the costs. And the American customs.

It is NOT the custom to buy the bridesmaids attire...to spend $50,000 or $80,000 indicates to me that Jason the Generous was somehow convinced to pay everything and the Martens paid nothing. It is NOT the custom to pay for guests hotel rooms.

I would love to know why the pictures on MM's FB now and before...seem to show that the Marten Family entourage was carted along on every cruise. Jason was known for his generosity. Maybe the loss of the Martens family Cash Cow enters into the motive.

Im not really interested in how much their net worth is. It makes them no better or no worse in my eyes . Having money doesn't make you a good person or it doesn't make you less likely to commit murder. They could have invested in stocks many people do , they could have chosen the wrong property to buy, they could have bought property in the good times and are in negative equity now . We have no idea. They did set up a pay pal fund for their legal bills so if they had enough money why did they do that. I just think it is strange that the house was put up for sale after Shipwash ordered them to give back the money

Shipwash's order doesn't extend to the Martens beach house so I guess I missed something...no doubt his defense is going to cost him a lot of money...I thought the paypal or was it that crowd sourcing site? was set up by Molly's friends...I get the sense that TM is devastated by all this... we haven't seen too much of him and I think it's because he took a shock to the system so to speak...this just wasn't premeditated murder...IMO...

First of all, I would assume that Jason had a credit card...most people do, especially businessmen. I could outfit a home tommorrow with my credit card. No need to wire money. My husband worked for an International company and our credit card did not charge us transaction fees. If you travel frequently, and have excellent credit, those cards are available. Jason had the wherewithal to pay cash for an expensive home. His credit was undoubtly excellent.

Our children have been married in expensive American weddings....one with 300 attending with sit down rehearsal dinner catered in the Tiffany glass room at the Chrysler Museum in Norfolf, Va...a hotel reception the next day with orchestra and flowers, etc plus gift bags in out of town guests. I mention this because I have direct experience with the costs. And the American customs.

It is NOT the custom to buy the bridesmaids attire...to spend $50,000 or $80,000 indicates to me that Jason the Generous was somehow convinced to pay everything and the Martens paid nothing. It is NOT the custom to pay for guests hotel rooms.

I would love to know why the pictures on MM's FB now and before...seem to show that the Marten Family entourage was carted along on every cruise. Jason was known for his generosity. Maybe the loss of the Martens family Cash Cow enters into the motive.

even in adult life, it was my parents who carted us along ... it was something they wanted to do... JMO...I wish I understood why the belief that Jason paid for everything?

In fairness we have no idea about the financial status of the Martens , for all we know they could have lost a lot of money in the economic downturn and gone bankrupt . What we do know is there was money put into their bank account from Jason. And also if you look at the 914 folly beach house it was put up for sale AFTER Shipwash made his ruling on the 7th of March not before. Maybe that's another coincidence . Also just to add IMO if there was any dodgy dealing and tax evasion involved in those sums of money . The Martens would have hung him out to dry

The reason that I question the financial health of the Martens family begins with the almost instantaneous greed grab of Jason's financial assets before the poor man was probably even on the autopsy table. Who does that? Why was it imperative to rush to banks and empty accounts? Why was that even in the mind of the family after such a horrific event? Why were they so quickly organized to get money, yet gave no thought to how to break the awful news to Jason's family?

The only rational reason I can imagine is need. They needed money. Certainly the documents we have seen indicate even the
Police who see tragedy every day...saw this has very suspicious activity.

I also look at the movement of two large sums of money. Coupled with the GreedGrab, I'm suspicious of what these amounts were for. It is NOT an American custom for the parents of the bride to expect the groom to pay. Certainly no bride or groom has offered our family in excess of $130,000 combined for the pleasure of marrying one of our offspring.

Finally, there is the GreedGrab of used furniture and used linens for an entire large home by a woman ...living where? The only rational reason again is to be selling used linen and bedroom furniture (once stained with her husband's brain tissue)...is financial need.

Then, we have the selling of the beach house. Individually, all these things may be explained. Collectively, they begin to hint at a financial need and a motive.

Shipwash's order doesn't extend to the Martens beach house so I guess I missed something...no doubt his defense is going to cost him a lot of money...I thought the paypal or was it that crowd sourcing site? was set up by Molly's friends...I get the sense that TM is devastated by all this... we haven't seen too much of him and I think it's because he took a shock to the system so to speak...this just wasn't premeditated murder...IMO...

Mike Earnest set it up cheques were to made payable to him and Mona maybe they need the money I don't know . I wasn't suggesting that it extended to the beach house I was suggesting they didn't seem to need to sell the house before ship wash made his ruling but just days after they and that's questionable IMO premeditated or not Jason was brutally murder and IMO the DA dropped the murder one because to prove premediation beyond reasonable doubt was a risk they weren't willing to take But there is definitely argument for premidation IMO but I'm not going to arguing over and back because we have yet again changed from the subject we were all discussing to another repeitive difference in opinion argument that in all honestly will not change this case anyway because th DA doesn't need to prove premeditation IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member