GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I am human and after reading JC autopsy I was actually shook by his horrific injuries. MM and TM are on trial for inflicting these injuries and subsequently causing his death. Take away all the evidence that has come to light in recent months and we still have a human victim his injury and his death, and two people who were in the room at the time of his death with a baseball bat and paving brick. They are at the centre of this forum and discussion it cannot be avoided. And without hate but as another human being I do hope justice is served for JC and his family. I will be very much disillusioned if a person can carry out this level of violence and walk free.

And that's before we add to the picture everything we have come to know about MM.

MOO

This case is extra complicated because Thomas Martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter. Under the laws of self defense or defense of another, his actions may be justified. We will see.

This case is extra complicated because Thomas Martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter. Under the laws of self defense or defense of another, his actions may be justified. We will see.

As the two accused of murder allege....... you state it as fact. Evidence so far is what they say is not to be trusted. Only recently they have been caught out on their LIES, with regards to TM state of mind on the night. Nothing explains away the OVERKILL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mod note: Tensions build with differing opinions. If you feel you are getting aggravated with a poster’s opinion then scroll and roll, use the ignore feature or take a little break.

Comments and replies should be respectful of the other person’s point of view. Recently several comments are leaning toward personalization. Please keep this discussion civil and avoid sarcasm, snark and personalizing.

Posts should be about the facts pertinent to the case and not about the person who posted.

To avoid being on the outside looking in, focus on the case and not other posters.

This case is extra complicated because Thomas Martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter. Under the laws of self defense or defense of another, his actions may be justified.

If you know definitively that "Thomas martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter" please share with us the evidence or witness statements and we can openly debate. If you have no evidence then this is a very strange observation one which presumably could only come from Either TM or MM as their witness JC is dead?

Also, I refer to autopsy again, a factual report written by medical professionals, how would the amount of skull fractures, bruising and bleeds suffered by JC during the vicious beating be justified in any circumstances? MM has been arrested, indicted by grand jury for trial so are we really to believe she had no hand act or part in this? It's unfathomable. MOO

For my own peace of mind I cannot enter into anymore back and forth it takes from the good people try to do here on websleuths. I would ask the mods to review some persistent postings here that seem to me to have a strange theme as this is a victim friendly forum. But I would also ask that they do not shut down this thread as trial is near and there are a lot of genuinely concerned posters looking for healthy debate and discussion.

Thanks.

mod note: Tensions build with differing opinions. If you feel you are getting aggravated with a poster’s opinion then scroll and roll, use the ignore feature or take a little break.

Comments and replies should be respectful of the other person’s point of view. Recently several comments are leaning toward personalization. Please keep this discussion civil and avoid sarcasm, snark and personalizing.

Posts should be about the facts pertinent to the case and not about the person who posted.

To avoid being on the outside looking in, focus on the case and not other posters.

Thank you. Will move on and will be respectful. Thanks for keeping it open for time being.

This case is extra complicated because Thomas Martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter. Under the laws of self defense or defense of another, his actions may be justified.

If you know definitively that "Thomas martens stepped in to save Molly when he saw Jason choking his daughter" please share with us the evidence or witness statements and we can openly debate. If you have no evidence then this is a very strange observation one which presumably could only come from Either TM or MM as their witness JC is dead?

Also, I refer to autopsy again, a factual report written by medical professionals, how would the amount of skull fractures, bruising and bleeds suffered by JC during the vicious beating be justified in any circumstances? MM has been arrested, indicted by grand jury for trial so are we really to believe she had no hand act or part in this? It's unfathomable. MOO

For my own peace of mind I cannot enter into anymore back and forth it takes from the good people try to do here on websleuths. I would ask the mods to review some persistent postings here that seem to me to have a strange theme as this is a victim friendly forum. But I would also ask that they do not shut down this thread as trial is near and there are a lot of genuinely concerned posters looking for healthy debate and discussion.

Thanks.

Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.
Totally agree

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Very good point. My understanding of the self defence rules are that (1) you cannot use excessive force and (2) you can only use so much reasonable force to enable you to get away from the situation. Clearly the autopsy shows excessive force. IMO the autopsy also shows that they did not use reasonable force to let them get away from the situation. JC had extensive skull fractures and a huge fracture at the base of the skull. This was from multiple strikes (with two separate weapons). One good blow, IMO, would have stunned JC or even left him unconscious. This would have enabled both TM and MM to retreat.

All IMO

Starting fresh sleuthers,

A few financial questions came up earlier on in 2015 about TM financially and a possible transfer of money from JC account to his before JC moved to the USA. At the time we were questioning and looking into possible motives for TM.

I came across this a couple of days ago and am wondering can any USA sleuthers help explain this document further. It may not be of any relevance but would like to look down all roads we have info on. See attached. TM is listed alphabetically and his shares.

Thanks.

Attachments

• 052908idleinvestors.pdf
    159.7 KB · Views: 27
In the interest of moving the discussion onwards, does anybody know if the two defendants are to be tried together or seperately? If seperately, do we know who is to be tried first? I think this may have a bearing on the likelihood of securing a conviction, in my opinion.

In the interest of moving the discussion onwards, does anybody know if the two defendants are to be tried together or seperately? If seperately, do we know who is to be tried first? I think this may have a bearing on the likelihood of securing a conviction, in my opinion.

The prosecution has requested that they be tried together. I was unsure whether this was a good option initially, however, I do think there is more of a chance in gaining a conviction against both of them if they are tried together. For instance, SM can't testify against TM, but she can be called against MM etc.

Starting fresh sleuthers,

A few financial questions came up earlier on in 2015 about TM financially and a possible transfer of money from JC account to his before JC moved to the USA. At the time we were questioning and looking into possible motives for TM.

I came across this a couple of days ago and am wondering can any USA sleuthers help explain this document further. It may not be of any relevance but would like to look down all roads we have info on. See attached. TM is listed alphabetically and his shares.

Thanks.

Interesting! It looks as though TM had some unwise investments. It would be interesting to know if this was a one off or whether he had made a number of unwise investments and JC had in fact bailed him out financially.

Good find.

The prosecution has requested that they be tried together. I was unsure whether this was a good option initially, however, I do think there is more of a chance in gaining a conviction against both of them if they are tried together. For instance, SM can't testify against TM, but she can be called against MM etc.

I think it will also stop TM pointing the finger of blame at MM at his trial and MM pointing the finger at TM at her trial. If you try them together, they have no easy way of blaming each other.

All IMO

Is this not what Thomas Martens said on the 911 call? Don't know why he can't be afforded the presumption of innocence. The prosecution has to start there and prove it didn't happen that way. Beyond a reasonable doubt.

Very good point. My understanding of the self defence rules are that (1) you cannot use excessive force and (2) you can only use so much reasonable force to enable you to get away from the situation. Clearly the autopsy shows excessive force. IMO the autopsy also shows that they did not use reasonable force to let them get away from the situation. JC had extensive skull fractures and a huge fracture at the base of the skull. This was from multiple strikes (with two separate weapons). One good blow, IMO, would have stunned JC or even left him unconscious. This would have enabled both TM and MM to retreat.

All IMO

There is no obligation to retreat if the altercation happens in one's domicile.

Interesting! It looks as though TM had some unwise investments. It would be interesting to know if this was a one off or whether he had made a number of unwise investments and JC had in fact bailed him out financially.

Good find.

There were also various properties owned by TM and SM - I cannot recall how many without trawling through the previous threads but was at least three. If they had tied up the majority of their assets in real estate then this could have left them with very little available cash necessitating the need for a loan.

All IMO

But I would also ask that they do not shut down this thread as trial is near and there are a lot of genuinely concerned posters looking for healthy debate and discussion.

How can there be healthy debate and discussion when only one side is considered? In a case of self defense, how can the role of victim be so narrowly defined? This is such a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne