GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus i hope not the corbett family have waited two years. family members would be travelling over for the trial surely they wouldnt keep them there for months without any trial starting

I know, its an awful position, but, as they say, the wheels of justice turn slowly. In this case, rather slower than we would like. With a pool of over 300 I would say it would be at least a week to cut them down, maybe more. Depending on the questionairre.

All IMO

jesus i hope not the corbett family have waited two years. family members would be travelling over for the trial surely they wouldnt keep them there for months without any trial starting

As awful as it sounds, jury selection is so critical to justice. Both sides will question each potential juror to try to weed out those who have already formed an opinion. I imagine the defense has hired a professional consultant.

I agree that TM will put it all on himself however the one that has "red abrasions" on their hands was most likely wielding the brick. IMO

Well as we have no evidence of MM or TM having injuries to their hands, i assume, once again you are trying to place the blame on the victim. The injuries to JC hands were on the dorsom of the hand, or to the layman like I, the back of his hand.

Likewise the injuries to JC's left arm were to the dorsom or outside of his arm.

All IMO

As awful as it sounds, jury selection is so critical to justice. Both sides will question each potential juror to try to weed out those who have already formed an opinion. I imagine the defense has hired a professional consultant.

It really is, i had hoped they would have done this prior to the start date of the trial. But, it is what it is.

All IMO

Jury selection appears a lot different to Ireland. In Ireland, people are selected at random from the electoral register and are called for particular cases. The defence and prosecuting attorneys can reject a defined number without reason, but thereafter have to accept the rest. The selection of a jury for any given case is therefore about half a day.

When a jurors name is called they proceed to the jury box, if they are rejected by either side, the court clerk asks them to step down. When it happened to me a few years ago I felt ' Hey, what's wrong with me?' , but that's the system in Ireland, you never know which slide rejects you or why!

Well as we have no evidence of MM or TM having injuries to their hands, i assume, once again you are trying to place the blame on the victim. The injuries to JC hands were on the dorsom of the hand, or to the layman like I, the back of his hand.

Likewise the injuries to JC's left arm were to the dorsom or outside of his arm.

All IMO
True ! That's the problem when you don't consider the evidence presented, it's impossible to back up a claim. Thankfully the prosecution can with the autopsy.

The presence of defense wounds is justly considered an important sign that an individual has been the victim of an assault.*Another aspect of medicolegal significance concerns the physical activity of the victim: defense wounds indicate that the attacked person was – at least initially – conscious and able to use his limbs for protection resulting in injuries to the forearms or hands or – in rare cases – to the legs. When sustaining defense wounds, the victim must have been aware of the assault (anticipating the blow or thrust) and fit for the natural reaction of protecting himself.

Defense Wounds Due to Blunt Force

Defense wounds of this kind are seen in blunt force attacks when the victim attempts to ward off kicks,*blows of the fist, or blunt instruments. Their location is similar to defense wounds from knife attacks (hands, forearms or, less frequently, the legs). Injuries inflicted to the thighs possibly result from attempts to shield the genitals against blows or kicks aimed at the lower part of the body.
The injuries most often seen are abrasions and contusions (with concomitant bruising) on the back of the hands,*wrists and forearms (Fig. 7). Though abrasions and bruises are the most common defense injuries due to blunt force, additional lacerations may occur in skin regions supported by bone (for example the metacarpal region and the knuckles). Lacerations from a blunt instrument possibly contain embedded foreign material indicative of the weapon used. Defense injuries inflicted together with wounds in the regions the victim wanted to protect with his hands and arms show the same stage of healing on later inspection.

766c6d7f174797aaa3b0848e85909a8e.jpg

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Injuries inflicted to the thighs possibly result from attempts to shield the genitals against blows or kicks aimed at the lower part of the body.
807dd9a5c1556a0cd31cc1db45f8bc11.jpg

All IMO

No I'm not trying to put the blame on the victim. And, even though the reports say no evidence of abrasions, I don't see how the person inflicting injury with the brick could do so without their hands showing it. A brick has 6 surfaces with sharp edges in between. Very coarse material. He was hit so hard, the hands that did it would have to show it. So I'm looking for an explanation on that. IMO

True ! That's the problem when you don't consider the evidence presented, it's impossible to back up a claim. Thankfully the prosecution can with the autopsy.

The presence of defense wounds is justly considered an important sign that an individual has been the victim of an assault.*Another aspect of medicolegal significance concerns the physical activity of the victim: defense wounds indicate that the attacked person was – at least initially – conscious and able to use his limbs for protection resulting in injuries to the forearms or hands or – in rare cases – to the legs. When sustaining defense wounds, the victim must have been aware of the assault (anticipating the blow or thrust) and fit for the natural reaction of protecting himself.

Defense Wounds Due to Blunt Force

Defense wounds of this kind are seen in blunt force attacks when the victim attempts to ward off kicks,*blows of the fist, or blunt instruments. Their location is similar to defense wounds from knife attacks (hands, forearms or, less frequently, the legs). Injuries inflicted to the thighs possibly result from attempts to shield the genitals against blows or kicks aimed at the lower part of the body.
The injuries most often seen are abrasions and contusions (with concomitant bruising) on the back of the hands,*wrists and forearms (Fig. 7). Though abrasions and bruises are the most common defense injuries due to blunt force, additional lacerations may occur in skin regions supported by bone (for example the metacarpal region and the knuckles). Lacerations from a blunt instrument possibly contain embedded foreign material indicative of the weapon used. Defense injuries inflicted together with wounds in the regions the victim wanted to protect with his hands and arms show the same stage of healing on later inspection.

766c6d7f174797aaa3b0848e85909a8e.jpg

Remember too that these wounds could have been inflicted post mortem and made to look like defense wounds, ditto the smearing, he may not have smeared himself. He may have been in bed asleep when the attack occurred.

Remember too that these wounds could have been inflicted post mortem and made to look like defense wounds, ditto the smearing, he may not have smeared himself. He may have been in bed asleep when the attack occurred.
Good point and helps us keep an open mind !

No I'm not trying to put the blame on the victim. And, even though the reports say no evidence of abrasions, I don't see how the person inflicting injury with the brick could do so without their hands showing it. A brick has 6 surfaces with sharp edges in between. Very coarse material. He was hit so hard, the hands that did it would have to show it. So I'm looking for an explanation on that. IMO

if not I apologise. As far as i can tell the hands / arms of MM and TM were not reported. If they were, it has not yet been released. It appeared, to me, that you were referring to defensive wounds to JC

All IMO

Good point and helps us keep an open mind !

Autopsy throws up many questions.
The answers exist but only the pathologist knows the answers.
Those tiny miniscule wound edges with their plasma and cells have their own story to tell as to whether he was dead or alive when he incurred them.
Stomach and contents of intestine too.. autopsy did not state location of intestinal contents which are a clue to time of death and time food was injested..
theres more, much more..

I think with the extent of fractures to the back of the head it may be proven subsequent blows came from behind thus suggesting he was no threat ?

Kitty, Truthalways would wounds postmortom be easily to distinguish. Do they not colour differently due to the lack of blood flow?

Would this not show which wounds were carried out post mortem?

All IMO

Autopsy throws up many questions.
The answers exist but only the pathologist knows the answers.
Those tiny miniscule wound edges with their plasma and cells have their own story to tell as to whether he was dead or alive when he incurred them.
Stomach and contents of intestine too.. autopsy did not state location of intestinal contents which are a clue to time of death and time food was injested..
theres more, much more..
Yes only the stomach. With one content noted as chime which would have been late stages of digestion and the other masticated greens. I can't get a specific pin down of time. Some papers say mouth to stomach well chewed food can travel in minutes others say 2 to 4 hours.

Same problem with rigormortis. Jason had "full rigormortis when examined, his body cool but the important fact missing is the anal temp recording which would specify more acurrately a time?

Moo

Kitty, Truthalways would wounds postmortom be easily to distinguish. Do they not colour differently due to the lack of blood flow?

Would this not show which wounds were carried out post mortem?

All IMO
There wouldn't be blood flow to the wound postmortem. Heart not pumping blood to the wound. If the pathologist noted this and it comes up in court it would be a closed case in my opinion

Moo

We have no evidence of the hands of TM or MM at this time. If you have any evidence, I would happily consider it.

All IMO

if not I apologise. As far as i can tell the hands / arms of MM and TM were not reported. If they were, it has not yet been released. It appeared, to me, that you were referring to defensive wounds to JC

All IMO

Could we ponder that perhaps MM & TM had no marks on hands from using that brick. Maybe the third adult in the house had marks on their hand that went unchecked. Again what was Sharon Martens roll?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member