GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael L. Hewlett Reporter at Winston-Salem Journal
Thank you for writing and sharing your concerns. The motion wasn't withdrawn; it was amended to say that the purported statements were made at a different gathering in the United States in 2012. I never reported initially where the purported statements were made because they were not in the motion filed; the wedding were referenced in a memorandum later filed that I did not report on. Nor did I report on the amended motion that was filed. The story above only mentions what is in the amended motion and doesn't make mention of statements being made at a wedding. I will be covering this motion in more detail when it comes up during the trial (Judge David Lee has not made a ruling on it).

Michael L. Hewlett Reporter at Winston-Salem Journal
Thank you for writing and sharing your concerns. The motion wasn't withdrawn; it was amended to say that the purported statements were made at a different gathering in the United States in 2012. I never reported initially where the purported statements were made because they were not in the motion filed; the wedding were referenced in a memorandum later filed that I did not report on. Nor did I report on the amended motion that was filed. The story above only mentions what is in the amended motion and doesn't make mention of statements being made at a wedding. I will be covering this motion in more detail when it comes up during the trial (Judge David Lee has not made a ruling on it).

I do not think this is good enough he should have reported the inaccurate date in the memorandum also he is aware of the inaccuracy and the public have to right to know

I do not think this is good enough he should have reported the inaccurate date in the memorandum also he is aware of the inaccuracy and the public have to right to know

I don't think it matters too much, but I wonder if Mr. Hewlett was made aware that Mr. Fitzpatricks entire family have said that this is something he would absolutely NOT say - and it cannot be proven. I cannot see how the defence can sucesfully put this foward as 'evidence'.

Common complications due to CPR are*rib fractures,*sternal fractures, bleeding in the*anterior mediastinum, heart contusion,[20]*hemopericardium,[21][22][23]*upper airway*complications, damage to the*abdominal viscera*- lacerations of the liver and spleen, fat emboli,*pulmonary*complications - pneumothorax, hemothorax, lung contusions.[24][25]

The most common injuries sustained from CPR are rib fractures

No injuries of manual cpr reported in autopsy ? I don't see that there was even any abrasion/marks from the continued chest compressions whilst waiting on paramedics?

Evidence of mechanical cpr performed by paramedics mentioned re: defibrillator pad marks.

http://www.journalnow.com/jason-cor...pdf_f8089527-06f7-5d24-a2ed-e651f4d8e6fd.html

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I don't think it matters too much, but I wonder if Mr. Hewlett was made aware that Mr. Fitzpatricks entire family have said that this is something he would absolutely NOT say - and it cannot be proven. I cannot see how the defence can sucesfully put this foward as 'evidence'.

I agree I'm sure there will be a counter to this but jury is not picked till next week I really think that is very unfair . I mean even a little research would tell them this is a blatant lie

The HANDLE of a baseball bat note the "curvelinear" description of handle

FIG. 1 is a plan view of a fully tapered baseball bat having a curvilinear elliptical handle;

5 of Jasons Injuries remarked as "Curvelinear" in appearence

On the left frontal hairline is a 1", curvilinear, superficial, red abrasion with a background of pink
contusion. In the left frontal scalp is a 2", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with two superficial,
1/2", jagged extensions; it has undermining of up to 1" on its lateral side. Just lateral to this full
thickness laceration is a 1/2" jagged, partial-thickness laceration.

On
the left temporal scalp is a 2 1/4", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with slight marginal abrasion
and with evident tissue bridging. It has inferior undermining to a depth of 3/4". On the left occipital

The inferior right orbit has a 2 x 1 1/2" area of raised, purple ecchymosis. Within, overlying the inferior
orbital ridge, is a 1/2", curvilinear, superficial, laceration.

On the right lateral chest is a 3 x 1/2", roughly curvilinear, superficial, red-
brown, abrasion.

On the right lateral chest is a 3 x 1/2", roughly curvilinear, superficial, red-
brown, abrasion.

My opinion only
a8d6f3ec6549bb645806de208397155c.jpg

Here's the problem: let's say I've been called to jury duty in this trial. That newspaper is the local paper. Lots of people get the Sunday paper for the grocery coupons, the ads..even if they don't get the paper every day. Lots read it on line. It has the local weddings, funerals. If I were a prospective juror, there's a good chance I read that story today.

Now the judge hasn't decided if that motion is going to be allowed into the trial for the jury to hear. If it is, the prosecution will be able to make rebuttal, with the information that Mags family strongly denying it.

But this reporter got it into the MINDS of the prospective jurors today. And if I read this, it would prejudice me immediately. Two wives, one dead, one abused. Oh my.

And this FAKE NEWS reporter only put in the bombshell of the murder accusation, not the denials.

So he did the Defense a big favor today by selective reporting. That's how FAKE NEWS rolls. Don't report what you don't want the reader to know.

And the big news services often use the local reporting instead of writing their own. This may be appearing all over. Just the smear. No rebuttal.

Imagine a juror reading this today....it doesn't have to get into the trial. This reporter put it in the minds of prospective jurors.

The HANDLE of a baseball bat note the "curvelinear" description of handle

FIG. 1 is a plan view of a fully tapered baseball bat having a curvilinear elliptical handle;

5 of Jasons Injuries remarked as "Curvelinear" in appearence

On the left frontal hairline is a 1", curvilinear, superficial, red abrasion with a background of pink
contusion. In the left frontal scalp is a 2", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with two superficial,
1/2", jagged extensions; it has undermining of up to 1" on its lateral side. Just lateral to this full
thickness laceration is a 1/2" jagged, partial-thickness laceration.

On
the left temporal scalp is a 2 1/4", curvilinear, full-thickness laceration with slight marginal abrasion
and with evident tissue bridging. It has inferior undermining to a depth of 3/4". On the left occipital

The inferior right orbit has a 2 x 1 1/2" area of raised, purple ecchymosis. Within, overlying the inferior
orbital ridge, is a 1/2", curvilinear, superficial, laceration.

brown, abrasion.

brown, abrasion.

My opinion only
a8d6f3ec6549bb645806de208397155c.jpg

Brilliant work from you! Thanks.
Now we need to look at these, does look as though many of them occurred while he was alive.. lets count them.. some may have been incurred with same blow, but others too distal for it to be same blow from same implement.
Again struck by the force that must have been used to make wounds as deep as this..
Microscopy will be useful.

From the article:

For 14 minutes and 27 seconds, the dispatcher told Martens and Molly Corbett how to administer CPR to Jason Corbett. Martens was calm. Molly Corbett was hysterical. During the 911 call, she could be heard counting “one, two, three, four” over and over, through tears, while administering CPR. She and Martens took turns doing CPR until paramedics arrived.

When investigators with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office arrived at the house, they found Jason Corbett with severe head injuries, according to search warrants. Martens told investigators that he had hit Jason Corbett with a child-size red-and-black aluminum baseball bat and a concrete paving brick. He described the altercation as a “donnybrook.”

Please note the insertion of the words "through tears." Ahhh, poor Molly.Doesnt that pull at your heart strings.

Please note the word "child-sized." Oh my. Just a baby weapon. Notice that description of the horrific overkill contained in the autopsy is never used in the article. What was it "heinous, grievous and cruel" ...something like that.

No, poor Molly was just heartbroken that she had to splatter her husband's brains on the bedroom wall...that she had to pound him with multiple weapons. Oh, but the bat was "child size."

See how subtle FAKE NEWS operates.

Get ready for the 20/20 and 48 Hours coverage. No Dateline? No Snapped? What about the Lifetime movie? Forget Wives with Knives; how about Chicks with Bricks? Or FBI Bad Dads? Not meaning anything rude or snide. IMO

This story has media legs; Mark Furman's book The Murder Business: How the Media turns Crime into Entertainment and Subverts Justice explains a few things. While I don't necessarily agree that media coverage has up to now been one-sided here, most shows like Nancy Grace and Court TV have moved on to streaming or podcasts. Cases like this get reported by hour-long magazine-type investigative shows. Not so much the news anymore. IMO

Here's the problem: let's say I've been called to jury duty in this trial. That newspaper is the local paper. Lots of people get the Sunday paper for the grocery coupons, the ads..even if they don't get the paper every day. Lots read it on line. It has the local weddings, funerals. If I were a prospective juror, there's a good chance I read that story today.

Now the judge hasn't decided if that motion is going to be allowed into the trial for the jury to hear. If it is, the prosecution will be able to make rebuttal, with the information that Mags family strongly denying it.

But this reporter got it into the MINDS of the prospective jurors today. And if I read this, it would prejudice me immediately. Two wives, one dead, one abused. Oh my.

And this FAKE NEWS reporter only put in the bombshell of the murder accusation, not the denials.

So he did the Defense a big favor today by selective reporting. That's how FAKE NEWS rolls. Don't report what you don't want the reader to know.

And the big news services often use the local reporting instead of writing their own. This may be appearing all over. Just the smear. No rebuttal.

Imagine a juror reading this today....it doesn't have to get into the trial. This reporter put it in the minds of prospective jurors.
when you have some time, will you please discuss more about contammination of jury pools?
Its not an expression used here that I know of..

Also great work goin' after them today. Well done you!.

Also, why would an editor decide that a hearsay motion should be published?

Hewlitt's response left much to be desired.. but he may think twice before writing nonsense again..
Good on you too getting info on executive editor.

In Ireland, I think potential jurors are asked in roundabout ways whether they have prior opinions on high profile cases.. but its a much quieter event.. not public..

Peregrino, you had experience of being called and then dismissed.. Was it a high profile case like a murder and do you remember which questions they were asking potential jurors..
Oceans apart and totally different systems.

Brilliant work from you! Thanks.
Now we need to look at these, does look as though many of them occurred while he was alive.. lets count them.. some may have been incurred with same blow, but others too distal for it to be same blow from same implement.
Again struck by the force that must have been used to make wounds as deep as this..
Microscopy will be useful.
Thanks kitty

Think we need to count
Curvelinear
Linear (both could be caused by bat.)

Then we count what's left apply them to brick, see what we come up with.

Anything that doesn't match up to either weapon then will be of interest.

Note the curvelinear part of pat is the handle. Why hit with handle?

Maybe because it's more lethal than a blunt curved surface at the tip of bat?

Moo

In Jason's autopsy their are several "RED ABRASIONS" seen all over his body indicative of injury sustained during the assault. But I was a little shocked to see BROWN AND ORANGE abrasions mentioned. This is indicative of an abrasion that caused to the skin 48 hours or more before they dry out and the surface turns brown. Red to orange is the in between of that process.

Did Jason have prior injuries?

If so, who caused them? Had he been assaulted before? In the days previous?
Is his body showing us any patterns? Injury patterns?

Jason's autopsy - brown Abrasions

brown, abrasion.

On the superior aspect of the left shoulder is a 1 1/2 x 1/2", irregular, superficial, red-brown abrasion.

Also, there is a 3/4 x 3/8", irregular,
superficial, red-orange abrasion
18f9d40be569526a941e40f497a59e96.jpg

when you have some time, will you please discuss more about contammination of jury pools?

Hewlitt's response left much to be desired.. but he may think twice before writing nonsense again..

In Ireland, I think potential jurors are asked in roundabout ways whether they have prior opinions on high profile cases.. but its a much quieter event.. not public..

Peregrino, you had experience of being called and then dismissed.. Was it a high profile case like a murder and do you remember which questions they were asking potential jurors..
In the courts in Ireland, both defence and prosecution can reject a certain number of jurors based on the visual characteristics of those jurors. They don't know anything about the juror, but say a conservatively dressed older lady may be rejected by the defence on the assumption she may be more likely to be unsympathetic to the defendant; conversely a young guy with tatoos and piercings may be rejected by the prosecution on the assumption they may be too sympathetic.

The juror walks towards the court clerk who stands next to the jury box once their name is called. The juror has their back turned to the lawyers at this point, and if one or other of them nods to the court clerk, the clerk then tells the juror to step down. That way you never know which side 'rejected ' you or why. Once the lawyers have used up their quota of rejections, they have to accept the rest of the jurors.

Not sure about jurors being asked about what they already know about a high profile case, but judges do instruct the jury to base their deliberations and verdicts based on court testimony alone, and to put aside anything they may already know about the case. I think the hope is that 12 jurors will collectively keep each other focused on the testimony and evidence presented in court. All IMO.

Kitty, my friend, your kind words mean so much to me. You are an inspiration with your knowledge, insight and hard work.

Here's some examples how media can contaminate the jury. It starts with the tone, headlines and word choice in theur articles...LEADING UP TO THE TRIAL. They are "educating."

I was close to a case involving a terrible rape accusation. From the beginning the local media never used the term "accuser"...they always used the term "victim." Its subtle, but there was not one jot of evidence yet. But they were signaling in their reporting that they believed their "victim."

Day after day, as the potential jury read the sensational stories, she was always "the victim."

They followed this with a series of very sympathetic articles about the "victim"...and very negative stories about the young men she accused. It was a soap opera. Totally one sided.

Tick. Tick, locals who will form the jury are becoming convinced.

Early on, it was learned that the "victim" has made almost identical claims of rape several years before...three men, the bathroom, very strange. The earlier charges were dismissed as bogus. But this prior set of accusations were in legal documents so they had to print it. But they had a fix for that! Before everything about this case was front page, headline news. But THIS story never even appeared online but in the local paper, it was a tiny column in the Sports section! They were not going to confuse their readers by threatening the chosen narrative. Hiding the revelation meant many people would miss it.

Other stories reported over and over that the "victim" was so brutally assaulted that her nails were "torn off" in the process. Wow! It was only later that it was disclosed that the nails were cheap Lee press on nails and the other Stripper admitted that the "victim" gave herself a manicure in the guy's bathroom. This was not reported for months and months. Lee press on nails are so flimsy that they can come off if you stir your coffee with too much enthusiasm!
Our corrupt media knows that many people do not read an entire article. So watch how often the body of the article does not have any proof to,support its inflammatory headlines. Our corrupt media uses anonymous sources that they are probably occasionally making up. Or they claim information from the dead. Much as Mags deceased Dad is now a witness against her beloved husband.

Notice this reporter defends himself by saying...well these are just allegations. But read the article again. He sure doesn't use the word "alleged." Read that article like you are just learning about the case. Like you just got your jury notice...

The media agitates, and inflames. They create a narrative with good people and bad people. With that narrative, they work to convince the local jury pool that they are the Truth Tellers.

The prosecution will be trying to weed out those who have only read about the pitiful Molly, the magnificent Mother and her fabulous FBI daddy.

Kitty, my friend, your kind words mean so much to me. You are an inspiration with your knowledge, insight and hard work.

Here's some examples how media can contaminate the jury. It starts with the tone, headlines and word choice in theur articles...LEADING UP TO THE TRIAL. They are "educating."

I was close to a case involving a terrible rape accusation. From the beginning the local media never used the term "accuser"...they always used the term "victim." Its subtle, but there was not one jot of evidence yet. But they were signaling in their reporting that they believed their "victim."

Day after day, as the potential jury read the sensational stories, she was always "the victim."

They followed this with a series of very sympathetic articles about the "victim"...and very negative stories about the young men she accused. It was a soap opera. Totally one sided.

Early on, it was learned that the "victim" has made almost identical claims of rape several years before...three men, the bathroom, very strange. The earlier charges were dismissed as bogus. But this prior set of accusations were in legal documents so they had to print it. But they had a fix for that! Before everything about this case was front page, headline news. But THIS story never even appeared online but in the local paper, it was a tiny column in the Sports section! They were not going to confuse their readers by threatening the chosen narrative.

Other stories reported over and over that the "victim" was so brutally assaulted that her nails were torn off in the process. It was only later that it was disclosed that the nails were cheap Lee press on nails and the other Stripper admitted that the "victim" gave herself a manicure in the guy's bathroom. This was not reported for months and months. Lee press on nails are so flimsy that they can come off if you stir your coffee with too much enthusiasm.

Our corrupt media knows that many people do not read SN entire article. So watch how often the body of the article does not have any proof to,support its inflammatory headlines. Our corrupt media uses anonymous sources that they are probably making up. Or they claim information from the dead. Much as Mags deceased Dad is now a witness against her beloved husband.

Notice this reporter defends himself by saying...well these are just allegations. But read the article again. He sure doesn't use the word "alleged." Read that article like you are just learning about the case. Like you just got your jury notice...
Your efforts are admirable. And its great to have a USA contributor that clarifies issues for us that side of the water. Have e-mailed also, it's totally unethical what has happened but you may just have stopped it from happening again.

Thanks.

Will all 12 jurors have to agree to get a guilty verdict or what way does it work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Will all 12 jurors have to agree to get the guilty verdict ?
Or how does that work?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Early on, it was learned that the "victim" has made almost identical claims of rape several years before...three men, the bathroom, very strange. The earlier charges were dismissed as bogus. But this prior set of accusations were in legal documents so they had to print it. But they had a fix for that! Before everything about this case was front page, headline news. But THIS story never even appeared online but in the local paper, it was a tiny column in the Sports section! They were not going to confuse their readers by threatening the chosen narrative. Hiding the revelation meant many people would miss it.

Other stories reported over and over that the "victim" was so brutally assaulted that her nails were "torn off" in the process. Wow! It was only later that it was disclosed that the nails were cheap Lee press on nails and the other Stripper admitted that the "victim" gave herself a manicure in the guy's bathroom. This was not reported for months and months. Lee press on nails are so flimsy that they can come off if you stir your coffee with too much enthusiasm!
Our corrupt media knows that many people do not read an entire article. So watch how often the body of the article does not have any proof to,support its inflammatory headlines. Our corrupt media uses anonymous sources that they are probably occasionally making up. Or they claim information from the dead. Much as Mags deceased Dad is now a witness against her beloved husband.

The media agitates, and inflames. They create a narrative with good people and bad people. With that narrative, they work to convince the local jury pool that they are the Truth Tellers.

The prosecution will be trying to weed out those who have only read about the pitiful Molly, the magnificent Mother and her fabulous FBI daddy.

Brilliant.
Language. NLP..
Do feel free to write lots more on this subject. Its vital info.
And its new info too.

Let them know we are watching every word.
Hold the sword of damacles- ethics in journalism over their heads. They will need to be told repeatedly.
We can do that.
He calls it an allegation.. it is his duty as a journalist to either publish the motion in full and to track it.

when did it first emerge? Just recently or is it a few years old? Who first mentioned it?
Was LE informed?

Jason died 2015.
Wedding was 2011.
He maintained good contact with the Fitzpatrick family in the intervening years and he ensured his children knew their grandparents well.
The Fitzpatrick family even went to visit, for a holiday.
The job of journalism is to search, primarily.
He didnt search, did he?
@we're going on holiday to uSa, we're going to be staying with the man that murdered our daughter. Yeah. Sure.

Thats how ludicrous that is.

In his response to you he referred to Tracey's allegations.. as allegations, when they actually formed part of her witness testimony in the guardianship case.
Thats a fairly substantial difference.

He lied again.

Thanks for this..

We need to watch his reporting and use the comments as necessary. He just now inserted the word "alleged" before the wedding warning idiocy.

Not enough. If he mentions that motion to the potential jury, he should mention the furious denial of Mags family.

Never have reported on the Maginn book either. I wonder if he will be on the witness list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne