GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevertheless, it is unverified hearsay. So much so that he felt the need to change her name.

I think the fact that he tried to shield her until she killed a man is an indicator of his own decency. Have you read the entire book?

Although it is grim in its picture of life with MM cycling in and out of her bipolar states, it is very sympathetic to her struggles. He is horrified that her physicians would have her on so many different medications. He treats her mental suffering in a very sympathetic way. This is what makes the book so powerful.

You can see that Molly can be a loving joyful partner...you understand Jason's attraction to this creative, carefree girl. But when her illness strikes, she is the complete opposite...an insomniac, who rages and makes incessant demands, or completely inconsolable, crying in her bed for days. He tells of her almost paranoid behaviors in these periods where she believes she is ugly and despised by all. Most of what Maginn articulates is a loving frustration with his inability to help her.

I think that both Maginn and Jason believed that they could "love" Molly out of her illness. I think they were so fond of "good Molly" that they just waited through these cycles, hoping to see the woman they loved again once "bad Molly" subsided. I don't believe either blamed her but instead pitied her. That made it hard to leave,

But Jason had his children to consider. They were getting older. MM may have started to focus her paranoia in ways that Jason could not abide.

Part of that picture is her story on social media, her own words, her own pictures before and after. It's as close as you get to putting her on the stand imo.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I have to agree, I came into this story not knowing either party, and if I'm totally honest, I felt that Molly was being wrongly accused in so many ways. I felt it was a tragic case, where there were many victims. It was actually Molly herself who changed my opinion of her, her quickness to engage with people on social media to get her point across, night after night private messaging people with her side of the story, it was a covert campaign in many ways. Encouraging her friends to do the same, to put information out there that she knows would devastate.The sense of entitlement in her posts, the need to get her message out there, irrespective of the consequences to people she claimed to love. And finally her utter lack of compassion, whether her relationship with Jason was in trouble or not, she had built an extended relationship with his family for 8 years as both nanny and wife. The veiled put downs, the public battles, there is not an ounce of compassion in her actions, no understanding that the person they loved had died at her hand.

Lots of her posts are still available here - https://www.facebook.com/molly.martens.37?fref=ts The most damaging in my opinion were on Instagram, but that is no longer publicly available.

I had another look at the pics and I do think that the master bedroom was the one just off the hallway from the main entrance into the house, the front is the tri-bay window at the front of the house. Another property identical to this one was up for sale on another road in the estate, complete with pictures of the house & rooms (not sure if OK to post a link to it here) which describes the main bedroom having his & hers walk in wardrobes so from looking at the pics, I suspect that the Master Bedroom ran the entire way through the house with the larch arched window at the back of the property being the window in the wardrobe area and the little window to the side being a window in the En-Suite.

From the link that you have Frizby does it look as though there something that could be considered a hallway between the bedroom and the en-suite? When I read the crime scene reports I assumed that, as is seen in many master suites, the en-suite is accessed through the built in wardrobes and that could have been described as a 'hallway' in itself.

If not, my concern is the blood in the hallway. Did someone try to escape the room? Was Jason beaten back into the bedroom? Is this why the detectives found the scene inconsistent? Did the attack start outside the room? This just throws up so many more questions about his final moments IMO.

I have to agree, I came into this story not knowing either party, and if I'm totally honest, I felt that Molly was being wrongly accused in so many ways. I felt it was a tragic case, where there were many victims. It was actually Molly herself who changed my opinion of her, her quickness to engage with people on social media to get her point across, night after night private messaging people with her side of the story, it was a covert campaign in many ways. Encouraging her friends to do the same, to put information out there that she knows would devastate.The sense of entitlement in her posts, the need to get her message out there, irrespective of the consequences to people she claimed to love. And finally her utter lack of compassion, whether her relationship with Jason was in trouble or not, she had built an extended relationship with his family for 8 years as both nanny and wife. The veiled put downs, the public battles, there is not an ounce of compassion in her actions, no understanding that the person they loved had died at her hand.

Lots of her posts are still available here - https://www.facebook.com/molly.martens.37 The most damaging in my opinion were on Instagram, but that is no longer publicly available.
Thanks for the link its a helpful place to visit when building a character reference. In the days after Jason's death I followed it closely and it was evident the page was almost being rebuilt imo. Jason's page was made private immediately, then taken down. Pictures that had previously been posted of JC, his children and family removed and then the victim narrative ensued.

As I said here before that's when my opinion changed. In those early hours and days.

Trials are built on evidence imo and beyond that facts that support the evidence. What better fact have you got that a defendants own words.
Even campaign supporters can't deny her own words surely.

AMERICAN police investigating the alleged murder of Limerick man Jason Corbett were granted search warrants to download the entire Facebook account of Molly Martens, his 31-year-old widow, who — alongside her father — has been charged over his killing.

Last September, detectives in North Carolina were granted a court warrant to compel Facebook to hand over all material relating to Martens's page, including previously deleted messages and pictures. Detectives said that they were looking for “incriminating information”.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/us-cops-scour-martenss-web-posts-for-clues-cpqxkxhtjln

From the link that you have Frizby does it look as though there something that could be considered a hallway between the bedroom and the en-suite? When I read the crime scene reports I assumed that, as is seen in many master suites, the en-suite is accessed through the built in wardrobes and that could have been described as a 'hallway' in itself.

If not, my concern is the blood in the hallway. Did someone try to escape the room? Was Jason beaten back into the bedroom? Is this why the detectives found the scene inconsistent? Did the attack start outside the room? This just throws up so many more questions about his final moments IMO.

It is identical to Panther Creek, just gives another angle of the photos & the house, it, like this one, does not show any bathrooms. The wall to the right of the front door (if you are in the house facing the front door) seems to go all the way through the house. From the look at that photo on MM Facebook page, the one of her standing in the hall at the foot of the stairs seems to suggest that the bedroom entrance door was moved from the bottom of the stairs to just as you enter the house. I have PM's a mod to see if I can put up a link, but as I said, it is virtually identical but just gives a different view.

Lots of her posts are still available here - https://www.facebook.com/molly.martens.37?fref=ts The most damaging in my opinion were on Instagram, but that is no longer publicly available.

One of the first things I noticed on her FB page was her plaintive postings of her phone number.

"Please call. I love you."

But children of that age aren't allowed to have FB pages.

Everything she posted was just a phony PR campaign. This was all about the trial, probably as they began to realize that they were indeed going to be indicted for murder.

The scrubbing of her<modsnip> of anything that showed Jason in a positive life was also a deliberate deception. But he was there if you had the sensitivity to look,for him. He was "the man behind the camera", the man she was smiling at, the man who bought her the lovely home, the expensive clothes, the luxury travels.

Jason was in every picture. Molly just never realized it.

Civil case has been filed by Jason's family against the Martens this week

View attachment 120434
attachment.php
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/posts/1934537626803779

I'm very happy to read this.

Kitty wrote a very moving post the other day about suddenly feeling her "Irishness." This morning, with the jury chosen,I'm starting to experience some of the same feelings..except, of course, I'm an American.

I feel a bit like someone who has invited special friends to her home, and only now, as they are about to arrive, do I start to be concerned about what they might see...the chips and the stains.

I have followed too many trials to know how easily and frustratingly, the flaws in our system become glaringly obvious. Please no chipping away st the integrity of the process. Please no belief in the stains on the memory of a good and decent man. Please no special deference because of nationality, hometown "good ole boys", or federal employ.

i hope our Irish friends will see American justice at its finest and fairest. I hope we Americans can take pride in the legal process when this heartbreaking trial is over.

Would be interested to see the other property if it's allowed Frizby. There are some pics on Molly's FB page which feature the internals of the house , there's one from a New Year's party of Molly in the hallway, and another of the kitchen where you can see the door into the main level guest bedroom as I understand it. I agree, I think the master suite ran the length of the house front to back.

Here is the link to the property I mentioned https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1400-Meadowlands-Dr-Winston-Salem-NC-27107/83057413_zpid/

Also, I believe that the properties were built by Isenhour Homes, can't find an exact match to the property, found similar ones without the basement bit tho & the garage doors are at the front rather then the side. They do however show the master bedroom albeit with the bedroom at the back but the entire suite running from front to back of the property. The closest was the Bradley French design. The Cortney French Design was also similar but smaller. Both are built on flat land therefore no basement bit at the back. http://www.isenhourhomes.com/pilotFiles/propModelDocs/files/Bradley French Country TEMP.pdf

One of the first things I noticed on her FB page was her plaintive postings of her phone number.

"Please call. I love you."

But children of that age aren't allowed to have FB pages.

Everything she posted was just a phony PR campaign. This was all about the trial, probably as they began to realize that they were indeed going to be indicted for murder.

The scrubbing of her<modsnip> of anything that showed Jason in a positive life was also a deliberate deception. But he was there if you had the sensitivity to look,for him. He was "the man behind the camera", the man she was smiling at, the man who bought her the lovely home, the expensive clothes, the luxury travels.

Jason was in every picture. Molly just never realized it.

It was on her FB page and during the media campaign she and the uncle went on to Irish media that I recognized the signs of narcissism, everything was about her, it was "I did this, I love you, I need you, I took care of you, I made you cookies, I took you to 'vacations' and then the only grandparents she mentioned were her own mom, especially the mom, and the father. What was especially horrible was her begging strangers, literally strangers, to find the children, reach out to them and let them know she was looking for them. That was such a huge RED FLAG for me, who knows what kind of nutter or paedo could have tracked them down and gone after them? I thought it was terrible to have all the kids pictures up publicly on social media as well, its one of the first things law enforcement tells you not to do in order to keep your kids safe from paedo's. But it was all about her, they were just extras in her life. Their father was just killed, and yet she's telling them about all the "things' she bought for them for their birthday, birthdays they didn't have their father to share with them anymore. But it's about Molly getting them "things" (using Jason's money of course.) This is link to reaction of Molly appearing on Niall Boylan show. <modsnip>

http://radiotoday.ie/2015/09/limerick-listeners-urged-to-boycott-4fms-boylan/

Here's the interview with Molly: https://soundcloud.com/bloodboylan/exclusive-molly-martens-corbett-spoke-to-classic-hits-4fm

It was on her FB page and during the media campaign she and the uncle went on to Irish media that I recognized the signs of narcissism, everything was about her, it was "I did this, I love you, I need you, I took care of you, I made you cookies, I took you to 'vacations' and then the only grandparents she mentioned were her own mom, especially the mom, and the father. What was especially horrible was her begging strangers, literally strangers, to find the children, reach out to them and let them know she was looking for them. That was such a huge RED FLAG for me, who knows what kind of nutter or paedo could have tracked them down and gone after them? I thought it was terrible to have all the kids pictures up publicly on social media as well, its one of the first things law enforcement tells you not to do in order to keep your kids safe from paedo's. But it was all about her, they were just extras in her life. Their father was just killed, and yet she's telling them about all the "things' she bought for them for their birthday, birthdays they didn't have their father to share with them anymore. But it's about Molly getting them "things" (using Jason's money of course.) This is link to reaction of Molly appearing on Niall Boylan show. <modsnip>

Here's the interview with Molly: https://soundcloud.com/bloodboylan/exclusive-molly-martens-corbett-spoke-to-classic-hits-4fm
Great points.

She thinks love is material things. I bought this, I bought that. She bought nothing. That was the money of the man she killed.

If she had their best interest at heart, she would not be trying to create controversy and further chaos in Ireland to flow into their new lives. Once they set down in Ireland, her lawyers would have told her she had no Cham evof extra ting two Irish citizens back to the US. So this was just to create chaos. This interview had no practical purpose Just bitterness against the Lynch family.Killing their son and brother was not sufficient.

Kitty wrote a very moving post the other day about suddenly feeling her "Irishness." This morning, with the jury chosen,I'm starting to experience some of the same feelings..except, of course, I'm an American.

I feel a bit like someone who has invited special friends to her home, and only now, as they are about to arrive, do I start to be concerned about what they might see...the chips and the stains.

I have followed too many trials to know how easily and frustratingly, the flaws in our system become glaringly obvious. Please no chipping away st the integrity of the process. Please no belief in the stains on the memory of a good and decent man. Please no special deference because of nationality, hometown "good ole boys", or federal employ.

i hope our Irish friends will see American justice at its finest and fairest. I hope we Americans can take pride in the legal process when this heartbreaking trial is over.

That is my hope too, we all have flaws, all of our systems have flaws, but most of all I wish Justice for Jason's family so that they can have some measure of peace. I have no doubt that the defense will portray Tom Martens as a great patriot who devoted his life to service for his country, and Molly as the all-American girl. But a man was literally battered and bashed to death by one or both of these folks. Also, with so many in the family with such active and high-level law enforcement backgrounds, it's highly suspicious that there were no steps taken to address that supposed DV they now say MM was subjected to. Tom Martens was high level manager for FBI and is qualified as an attorney, so if anyone knew the need to document any and all incidents it would be him. Mike Earnest the uncle is or was high-level intelligence officer who would also know the need to document any and all incidents. Yet, none. It was Molly seeking advice in the event of a divorce who discovered NC law would allow her custody of the kids only if Jason was a abusive and if she had adopted them. So, then started the accusations whispered to friends and neighbours... She told a friend of Jason's she had gotten legal counsel in 2013.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...cle_8a3e350b-b020-5052-a7f6-9c3fb74f70c6.html

She thinks love is material things. I bought this, I bought that. She bought nothing. That was the money of the man she killed.

If she had their best interest at heart, she would not be trying to create controversy and further chaos in Ireland to flow into their new lives. Once they set down in Ireland, her lawyers would have told her she had no Cham evof extra ting two Irish citizens back to the US. So this was just to create chaos. This interview had no practical purpose Just bitterness against the Lynch family.Killing their son and brother was not sufficient.

Yes, Molly and Uncle Mike were getting quite vicious, they wanted to fly a banner across the city of Limerick wishing the kids happy birthday from Mommy, and also take half-page ad out in county paper - the Irish pilot backed out, and the paper said no, it was inappropriate given the circumstances. That banner would have flown over Jason's grave, and his home and that of his mother and father, his brothers and sisters. There was just absolutely no empathy or sympathy for these kids having lost their father, for Jason's parents who lost beloved son, for Jason's twin brother, his sisters and brothers from Molly and her family, very cold-hearted people the Martens and Earnests, never mind any sign of guilt for having killed Jason. Nobody seems to matter to them but Molly and what Molly wants. Have to wonder how the two Martens sons must have felt growing up, having Molly be the most important person at all times.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/144282/Limerick-companies-reject-Molly-Martens-.html

Yes, Molly and Uncle Mike were getting quite vicious, they wanted to fly a banner across the city of Limerick wishing the kids happy birthday from Mommy, and also take half-page ad out in county paper - the Irish pilot backed out, and the paper said no, it was inappropriate given the circumstances. That banner would have flown over Jason's grave, and his home and that of his mother and father, his brothers and sisters. There was just absolutely no empathy or sympathy for these kids having lost their father, for Jason's parents who lost beloved son, for Jason's twin brother, his sisters and brothers from Molly and her family, very cold-hearted people the Martens and Earnests, never mind any sign of guilt for having killed Jason. Nobody seems to matter to them but Molly and what Molly wants. Have to wonder how the two Martens sons must have felt growing up, having Molly be the most important person at all times.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/144282/Limerick-companies-reject-Molly-Martens-.html

The banner could be construed as a warning. This was before the indictments. Stick to the story we told you to tell. We can reach you anywhere.

To many, a basement, finished or otherwise, is usually below ground. Such as this one below, which is probably where the confusion is coming from. I wouldn't have referred to that guest room as being in the basement either since it's above ground.

http://www.zephyrthomas.com/services/finished-basements/

Your confusion on the Basement was the same as mine. It was only when Stephen posted a link to photos of the back of the property did I realise what was meant by basement. In my mind a basement was always refereed to as being underground but guess properties like this one would not be common in Ireland really so easy to get confused I suppose. And I suspect if we did have similar properties, the basement wouldn't really be called basement anyway, I suspect it would be referred to a Lower Ground Floor. Different terminologies can be confusing but the photos cleared up so much.

Your confusion on the Basement was the same as mine. It was only when Stephen posted a link to photos of the back of the property did I realise what was meant by basement. In my mind a basement was always refereed to as being underground but guess properties like this one would not be common in Ireland really so easy to get confused I suppose. And I suspect if we did have similar properties, the basement wouldn't really be called basement anyway, I suspect it would be referred to a Lower Ground Floor. Different terminologies can be confusing but the photos cleared up so much.

Absolutely understand. It is confusing. Here's a link showing "walkout basement" homes.

https://www.dongardner.com/search/style/walkout-basement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member