GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting .... and very convenient. ... this is how they are trying to account for the two separate weapons. TM was trying to save MM and then MM was trying to save TM. All nicely tied up in a bow for them..

Yes I agree, I think this is how it will play out. I have to say the reporting do far is quite poor and conflicting depending on the publication. If they are claiming Molly was behind Jason when he allegedly went to TM, imo I think they are setting the stage that Molly was afraid for her father and hit him from behind with the brick/paver/rock. They perhaps may say Jason was over 6 foot tall, then if she hit him from behind, taking her height into account against his, this is maybe how they will explain the blows to the base of his skull. From what I have seen so far, there are tactics at play here from the defence. So far they have let the prosecution take the lead at introducing the DV element by referring to it while choosing the jury and I think they will use this to introduce their version of the DV at a later stage during the trial. Just some observations from my own very cynical outlook !

A fight in which a father witnessed his son-in-law apparently attempting to strangle his daughter led to a scene of bloody, extreme violence resulting in the death of Jason Corbett, the son-in-law, the opening day of evidence in the trial of*Molly Martens Corbett*and her father*Thomas Martens*heard on Tuesday.

Addressing the jury at the Davidson County courthouse in Lexington, North Carolina, David Freedman, lawyer for Thomas Martens, outlined what his client says happened in his daughter and son-in-law’s home early on August 2nd, 2015.

Mr Martens woke that day and suggested to his wife, Sharon, they take a drive to see their daughter and her family in Wallburg, said Mr Freedman.

They went and Mr Martens brought with him a 17-ounce, aluminium baseball bat to give to Mr Corbett’s son, Jack, as a present. He indicated Mr Martens’s son had played college baseball.

Mr Freedman said Ms Martens drove her husband to pick Jack up at a birthday party, and by the time they arrived home, he decided it was too late to give him the bat. Sharon and Tom Martens went to bed in the basement of the Corbett home. At 3am, Mr Freedman said, Mr Martens heard someone scream and ran upstairs, knowing his daughter and grandchildren were at the top of the stairs.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...pattered-room-in-which-husband-died-1.3166818

So sharon was there. At least at one time during the course of the evening

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

TM knew his daughter and grandchildren were upstairs....where did he think Jason was? Did he not matter. I guess not. IMO

[video=twitter;889988070443012097]https://twitter.com/lexdispatchbc/status/889988070443012097[/video]

[video=twitter;889987734990925824]https://twitter.com/lexdispatchbc/status/889987734990925824[/video]

So I suppose we will know what prescriptions Molly took

Not necessarily and no pharmacist on the planet should have said that without a qualifying statement.
Also tweet did not indicate whether it was the prosecution or the defence that was the questioner..
Look at the thousands of links we shared already here- th e kid tweeting this has 117 followers, the majority are Irish, Yesterday he had 50..
That is not a sign of credibility or a trustworthy source.

He also tweeted that a nurse had prescribed the anti-depressant for ankle pain
[video=twitter;889987125743161344]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/889987125743161344[/video]

when questioned he responded that the ankle pain caused the insomnia.. I see..

His understanding of live tweeting is the time difference between Ireland and uSA. He never even heard of it.

We have discussed his articles here a million times, presuming they were based on factual acquisition. were any of them accurate?

In Ireland a MD has to make prescriptions. in recent years nurses have been allowed to make prescriptions for minor meds.

What is the law in the USA in relation to nurses prescribing anti depressants, for pain caused insomnia?

Interesting .... and very convenient. ... this is how they are trying to account for the two separate weapons. TM was trying to save MM and then MM was trying to save TM. All nicely tied up in a bow for them..

The District Attorney also said that while Mr Corbett was discovered in the bedroom naked and blood-spattered with a crushed skull there wasn't a mark on either his wife or his father-in-law when police and paramedics arrived.
"Thomas Martens - (had) no injuries, no bruises, no swelling, no cuts and no blood appeared to come from him," he said.

"Molly Martens Corbett - (had) no bruises, no swelling, no cuts and no blood appeared to come from her."

The only mark on Ms Martens-Corbett at the scene was a little redness on her neck akin to "a sunburn".
Mr Martin said that, at the scene, Ms Martens-Corbett was also asked repeatedly to stop rubbing her neck.

"That was how they walked out of that room - but Jason Corbett left it on a board."
Both Mr Martens and Ms Martens-Corbett also refused emergency medical treatment at the scene.
Mr Corbett's blood was found all over the bedroom floor and walls as well as in the hallway and bathroom.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...t-say-how-many-times-he-was-hit-35967366.html

Not necessarily and no pharmacist on the planet should have said that without a qualifying statement.
Also tweet did not indicate whether it was the prosecution or the defence that was the questioner..
Look at the thousands of links we shared already here- th e kid tweeting this has 117 followers, the majority are Irish, Yesterday he had 50..
That is not a sign of credibility or a trustworthy source.

He also tweeted that a nurse had prescribed the anti-depressant for ankle pain
[video=twitter;889987125743161344]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/889987125743161344[/video]

when questioned he responded that the ankle pain caused the insomnia.. I see..

His understanding of live tweeting is the time difference between Ireland and uSA. He never even heard of it.

We have discussed his articles here a million times, presuming they were based on factual acquisition. were any of them accurate?

In Ireland a MD has to make prescriptions. in recent years nurses have been allowed to make prescriptions for minor meds.

What is the law in the USA in relation to nurses prescribing anti depressants, for pain caused insomnia?

http://www.ncbon.com/dcp/i/nursing-practice-nurse-practitioner-faq--nurse-practitioner-np-1

This gives a lot of info on the role of a NP. They are it seems allowed to prescribe certain controlled substances. I didn't look at the schedule which details what they can prescribe yet. NPs are usually highly qualified experienced nurses. I agree about the tweeting, different reporters are tweeting different parts of the evidence. They seem to be picking and choosing what they like which is not giving an accurate report on what was said today.

Mr Martin said that, despite their 2011 marriage, Ms Martens-Corbett remained only a step-mother to Mr Corbett's two children by his late first wife - and her husband was apparently considering moving back to Ireland.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...t-say-how-many-times-he-was-hit-35967366.html

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Mr Corbett's older brother John said that Jason's second wife, Molly Martens Corbett, had tried to adopt the children but that Jason was reluctant. He said this issue had caused friction and arguments between the pair.

"Molly was trying to adopt the kids for the past two months but Jason always seemed reluctant and they did have rows about it," he said.
"She was trying to persuade Jason to adopt the kids so that they could get US citizenship," he added.

"You would think that would be a natural progression, but Jason did not want that.
"When my brother Wayne was in North Carolina a week before Jason died, she said that she would like to adopt the kids. Jason didn't even respond."

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...nd-wife-tried-to-adopt-children-31455762.html

What he is doing is portraying an amiable relationship with his son -in-law in an attempt to divert from the opinion that he killed him deliberately and possibly with pre-meditation. Remember the warrants..
Maybe he did not like him at all. and wanted him dead..
This would be a good way to insert a doubt.
Everything is for a reason.

Totally ignoring that this 'amiable relationship' is totally at odds with Tom Martens claim that he was told by Mags Corbett's father that Jason has "something" to do with Mags death. (Bear in mind that this is untrue, Mags died of asthma attack.)

http://www.independent.ie/world-new...sed-the-death-of-his-first-wife-35803451.html

Kitty,

The defense was questioning when the pharmacist admitted that sometimes family members share medications.

I have been following this case from the beginning. I have read the autopsy and discussed it here. Yet, I was actually stunned...can't think of a better word...maybe sickened and stunned... at the details we learned today.

I'm not family, not anybody... just a participant in an online discussion board, yet I felt actual physical revulsion.

Revulsion.

I'm praying for the family and true friends tonight. I just have no words.

Kitty,

The defense was questioning when the pharmacist admitted that sometimes family members share medications.

Its possible this was in an effort to head off the assumption that JC did not knowingly take that medicine himself..
However, if he had taken it,<modsnip> it is not going to work in the favor of the defense..
One does not usually get naked and swallow sleeping meds prior to carrying out a killing by choking, I assume?

It will be most interesting to see how this theory pans out for them

Maginn..pg 34

"Molly is in a psych ward being treated for severe bipolar maniac depression. I just got off the phone with her. She was hysterical, begging me to bring her Coca-Cola and muscle relaxers.

Molly is still furious with me about check in night at the "rehabilitation center" center as the delicately call it. She is enraged at me because I refused to give her muscle relaxers despite strict orders to the contrary."

Molly seems to have a habit of self medicating. I wonder if the "foot tumor" was really an excuse she used to obtain prescription medications. Was this nurse practioner at CVS? Was it one of these convenient dropin clinics...you can pop in when you stop by to get more toothpaste?

http://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/services/

Why wasnt she seeing an actual Dr. for this "foot tumor" that was there way back in the Maginn days?

Maginn..pg 34

"Molly is in a psych ward being treated for severe bipolar maniac depression. I just got off the phone with her. She was hysterical, begging me to bring her Coca-Cola and muscle relaxers.

Molly is still furious with me about check in night at the "rehabilitation center" center as the delicately call it. She is enraged at me because I refused to give her muscle relaxers despite strict orders to the contrary."

Molly seems to have a habit of self medicating. I wonder if the "foot tumor" was really an excuse she used to obtain prescription medications. Was this nurse practioner at CVS? Was it one of these convenient dropin clinics...you can pop in when you stop by to get more toothpaste?

Why wasnt she seeing an actual Dr. for this "foot tumor" that was there way back in the Maginn days?

yes indeed, it must be HUGE by now..

I have been following this case from the beginning. I have read the autopsy and discussed it here. Yet, I was actually stunned...can't think of a better word...maybe sickened and stunned... at the details we learned today.

I'm not family, not anybody... just a participant in an online discussion board, yet I felt actual physical revulsion.

Revulsion.

I'm praying for the family and true friends tonight. I just have no words.

I wish you were here..
It was shocking.
Shows how much more the autopsy may reveal as well..
what we received was the mere tip of the iceberg,

Sorry for jumping in late here. I've tried my best to read up on the case. My comment is regarding the evidence at the crime scene. Apparently, there was blood and tissue found on the floor and walls of the bedroom, bathroom and did I read hall? To me it sound like Jason was trying to get away? It breaks my heart.

Sorry for jumping in late here. I've tried my best to read up on the case. My comment is regarding the evidence at the crime scene. Apparently, there was blood and tissue found on the floor and walls of the bedroom, bathroom and did I read hall? To me it sound like Jason was trying to get away? It breaks my heart.
You are warmly welcome!
Thanks. And what a great point you make!
There would have been absolutely no reason to drag her into the bathroom while choking her.

Heres some quick links to save you trawling
jason's blood toxicology report post mortem https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.tow...-533d-86af-032964d7a959/56e1690d433ca.pdf.pdf
His autopsy is here http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-5d24-a2ed-e651f4d8e6fd/56907dd1da036.pdf.pdf

The search warrants are all in the media file on a google drive document

You have certainly provided food for thought. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3