GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they were both Mollys weapons. Which of the two have the forearm strength of a swimmer to wield that bat with such force?

Not Gladiator Tom. Jason could have disarmed that frail old FBI desk jockey in a second...and choked Molly till breakfast time. If he'd been awake....

100% spot on and given them flying lessons together through windows. that's why it was so important for them to know for certain the effect the drug had on him before they stated. JC was out of the contest.

Freedman's statement of what Jason alllegedly said during the assault doesn't make much sense. Why would he say "I'm sorry" and continue choking Molly?

This is an interesting trial.<modsnip> Will be interesting to see how it plays out. IMO the defense may have a hard time with the severity of Jason's injuries and the lack of evidence of physical struggle. Juries have a hard time reconciling those things in my experience.

He said Mr Martens hit Mr Corbett until he let Ms Martens go and fell down in the bedroom. Then Mr Martens called 911 and performed CPR, Mr Freedman said.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...s-in-pieces-prosecutor-tells-jury-799405.html

So we are to believe he hit him ten times or more with his daughter under Jason arm. He moved front and back of Jason striking him and she was uninjured ? He opened Jason's scalp but she was uninjured whilst being held in a head lock

Is this for real?

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Freedman's statement of what Jason alllegedly said during the assault doesn't make much sense. Why would he say "I'm sorry" and continue choking Molly?

This is an interesting trial. <modsnip> Will be interesting to see how it plays out. IMO the defense may have a hard time with the severity of Jason's injuries and the lack of evidence of physical struggle. Juries have a hard time reconciling those things in my experience.
I am only a normal Joe soap as any other juror and I find defence opening statement a little diluted, I was expecting more.

Hitting Jason Corbett with the baseball bat multiple times, Mr Martens allegedly caused his son-in-law to release Ms Martens. It was at that point, Mr Freedman said, Jason Corbett went after Tom Martens.

And not a mark on mm[emoji6]

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...pattered-room-in-which-husband-died-1.3166818

He said Mr Martens hit Mr Corbett until he let Ms Martens go and fell down in the bedroom. Then Mr Martens called 911 and performed CPR, Mr Freedman said.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...s-in-pieces-prosecutor-tells-jury-799405.html

So we are to believe he hit him ten times or more with his daughter under Jason arm. He moved front and back of Jason striking him and she was uninjured ? He opened Jason's scalp but she was uninjured whilst being held in a head lock

Is this for real?

Did he go after him or fall to the floor which was it because we need to know where your story is leading tm

[FONT=&quot]
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Share to Email App

[/FONT]

[h=4]&#8216;Little league&#8217; bat[/h]Grabbing the &#8220;little league&#8221; baseball bat, Mr Freedman said, Mr Martens approached the scene not knowing what was going on. &#8220;The last thing he thought he&#8217;d ever see,&#8221; Mr Freedman said. &#8220;All he sees is his little girl with her husband&#8217;s hands around her neck.&#8221;
Mr Freedman said Ms Martens&#8217;s father told Mr Corbett to let her go. The lawyer indicated Mr Martens said he heard Jason Corbett say multiple times that he was going to kill her. Mr Corbett walked toward the bathroom, Mr Freedman said, carrying Ms Martens in his arm.
&#8220;He thinks he may never see his little girl again,&#8221; Mr Freedman told the jury.
<modsnip> https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...pattered-room-in-which-husband-died-1.3166818

And sharon stayed in the basement while molly was been dragged around!!!! Thomas Martens couldnt scream downstairs phone the police Sharon!!! she would have heard him, they did hear the screaming in the firstplace..Or she didnt phone herself while listening.....Sickened to the pits of my stomach we knew they were killers, but you can feel the evil....
Thank God Jack and Sarah are home in Ireland....Heart bleeds for the Corbett family...
Jason hope Mags was waiting with open arms for you in heaven , rest in peace your children are safe now and so loved

No doubt from the FB they are very warped evil extended family without a shred of compassion which drew me to the case. How can such evil present itself as normal everyday. The British Killer Ian Brady can be seen for all to be mad so was Charles Manson till I'm reminded of the Ted Bundy. But these did not surround themselves with a family of evil. How can this M extended upper middle class supposedly god fearing not flinch and stay composed in court listening to this from the prosecution of what they are responsible for. I'm sure the C family were distraught but were well warned by the prosecution they could not show it as the jury would have to be disbanded and this would be into the unknown for them. They must be distraught at their baby brother ended like this.
I so shudder for Jack and Sarah if they didn't have a family that there was no bounds for them to save them and this was a daunting task with frightening legal costs. I'm sure for them just an inconvenience in their mission of mercy.
As they used to say in Ireland to ward off evil "sprinkle the holy water and light the blessed candle".

Hitting Jason Corbett with the baseball bat multiple times, Mr Martens allegedly caused his son-in-law to release Ms Martens. It was at that point, Mr Freedman said, Jason Corbett went after Tom Martens.

And not a mark on mm[emoji6]

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...pattered-room-in-which-husband-died-1.3166818

Interesting .... and very convenient. ... this is how they are trying to account for the two separate weapons. TM was trying to save MM and then MM was trying to save TM. All nicely tied up in a bow for them..

I am only a normal Joe soap as any other juror and I find defence opening statement a little diluted, I was expecting more.

Opening statements tend to be played closer to the vest. One thing to be aware of in opening is not to oversell the case. If you make a bold statement and that doesn't shake out in the evidence at trial, the lawyer loses their credibility with the jury.

Is this for real?

Hold on .. I thought once Jason let go of molly then he allegedly went for tom... not when jason let go he fell down and tom called 911???? Seems some of the reporting is all over the place or else the defence is all over the place..

This is an interesting trial.<modsnip> Will be interesting to see how it plays out. IMO the defense may have a hard time with the severity of Jason's injuries and the lack of evidence of physical struggle. Juries have a hard time reconciling those things in my experience.

Defense is on the back foot already I presume it&#8217;s in TM statement taken after killing which was not wise of him or Molly and how can one carry one and choke at the same time. Choking is with both hands. With such appalling injuries and drugged, they will have to put TM on the stand and prob SM for to add a sense of credibility.

Defense is on the back foot already I presume it’s in TM statement taken after killing which was not wise of him or Molly and how can one carry one and choke at the same time. Choking is with both hands. With such appalling injuries and drugged, they will have to put TM on the stand and prob SM for to add a sense of credibility.

TM I think will certainly testify.

Opening statements tend to be played closer to the vest. One thing to be aware of in opening is not to oversell the case. If you make a bold statement and that doesn't shake out in the evidence at trial, the lawyer loses their credibility with the jury.
I've said so many times. Law + ME = brainfreeze but I can afford to be empathetic to a victim which may be a little harder for a defence lawyer due to the nature of the job. Great to look through the window from your side though. Please do stick around, we aren't a bad bunch and could do with the grounding[emoji4]

I think a little bit of credibility slipped from defence today, no?

Was SM also in the room? During the 911 call the dispatcher asks Tom the phone number and no one gives an answer. If it was MM, why didn't she immediately give the phone number? TM ends up saying he doesn't know the number.:thinking:

<modsnip>

Reading this feeling sorry for those friends who insinuated that JC was a regular taker of this and mm knew nothing of it.
No links of course, the accusations were 'removed but I as many others saw it.

Sad[emoji21]

Jmo

[video=twitter;889988070443012097]https://twitter.com/lexdispatchbc/status/889988070443012097[/video]

[video=twitter;889987734990925824]https://twitter.com/lexdispatchbc/status/889987734990925824[/video]

So I suppose we will know what prescriptions Molly took

I've said so many times. Law + ME = brainfreeze but I can afford to be empathetic to a victim which may be a little harder for a defence lawyer due to the nature of the job. Great to look through the window from your side though. Please do stick around, we aren't a bad bunch and could do with the grounding[emoji4]

I think a little bit of credibility slipped from defence today, no?

I try to stay in the middle on these things.

I don't have access to the entire opening statement so its hard to really judge. That is an issue with media reporting of these trials. Often important details are left out. I will say that this is going to be a difficult case for the defense because of the nature of JC's injuries and lack thereof on TM and MM. TM is a crucial witness. Not sure that MM will testify. If she does she will have been heavily prepped IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck