GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason was also on a diet don't forget. He had lost a stone in one month. His blood sugars were prob low. I know when I'm on a diet I can be a bit ratty. It doesn't make me a homicidal maniac as they are trying to make out with Jason.

[video=twitter;890582439415959552]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890582439415959552[/video]

[video=twitter;890582439415959552]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890582439415959552[/video]

Choked and dragged around by her neck, but doesn't go to the hospital to make sure she doesn't have any internal injuries.

All IMO

It is so hard to read the context of these statements with the conflicting reporting that's going on. I'm assuming the prosecution isn't lax enough to make an opening statement and then immediately put a witness on the stand who contradicts it...but then they must have known not having the plans to scale would have been an issue so who knows.

My reading of it is that obviously this was a marriage under stress, we now discover that Jason's position at work was under threat, so marriage issues/work stresses...as the main breadwinner that's an awful lots to be coping with, but would you really quantify that as a depressive illness, probably not. He was obviously seeking help for it in the earlier stages of having these feelings so the treatment was probably lifestyle changes rather than medication. But again, without the full testimony it's hard to get the full truth of the matter.

What I found interesting is that he was having trouble with snoring. That doesn't sound like someone who would need to dip into his wife's prescription for sleeping aids if he was falling into such deep sleeps that his snoring was becoming an issue IMO.
I'm trying to keep up, but obviously not doing a good job of it. Where did we learn that Jason's position at work was under threat?

I do not think it is the nurses testimony that is the issue but the reporting. The Winston-Salem Journal have been pretty biased, IMO, in favour of the Martens from the get go.

The issue, IMO, with the dispatchers testimony is that they wanted her to to give evidence which directly related to her thoughts specifically on the behaviour of TM over a phonecall. The judge would have to weigh up if it was more prejudicial than probative. In this case it clearly was.

My thought is we can all tell TM was too calm, too collected and clearly not out of breath on the tape. The Jury should be able to work this out themselves. I think, of the battles so far over the introduction of evidence, this was - again IMO - low on the prosecutions priorities.

All IMO

Just managed to read the article...you are so right with the reporting.The context is so important with this stuff.

[FONT=&quot]'According to records acknowledged Tuesday, a physician’s assistant who had seen Corbett had noted signs of depression and said that Corbett, who had been treated for a thyroid condition, had discussed a few weeks prior to his death that he had been angry for no real reason.'

If Jason was placed on new medication for his thyroid condition, then the most probable explanation for this statement is that he was asked how he felt he was responding to his new medication. Most people would cite even the smallest changes in temperament/body function etc once they are on a new medication. People tend to become hyper aware, ensuring they do not become one of the small percent who suffers side effects from a drug.

This vs an admission of anger issues are oceans apart IMO.[/FONT]

I'm trying to keep up, but obviously not doing a good job of it. Where did we learn that Jason's position at work was under threat?

Martin also described a marriage that was falling apart. Corbett was a manager at Multi Packaging Solutions, and Martin said there will be testimony from co-workers that Corbett had some uncertainty about both his job and his relationship with Molly Corbett. He said Corbett was making plans to return to Ireland, along with his two children, Jack and Sarah, from his first marriage.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

In the opening statements for the prosecution he outlined that we would hear from work colleagues of Jason to testify that the company he worked for had been bought out by a new owner and his future with the new company was uncertain. I'll try to find which link it was for you.

The reporter for the Winston Salem paper is Michael Hewlett. This is the same reporter that included the incendiary statement that TM had been told that JC caused the death of his first wife by her father. In comments under the article it was pointed out to him that he did not even use the words "allegedly told." He corrected that.

He refused over and over to insert in the article that this episode had been soundly refuted by Mags mother.

This was his article as jury selection was starting. It is the type of biased news, agenda reporting that is much too common today. He sort of told the truth. Just left out the word "alleged" which would remind the readers ( and on that day, perspective jurors) to have caution. And he deliberately omitted the denial..th part of the story that foes not fit his pro-defense agenda.

FAKE NEWS! Hopefully this will be pointed out in the comments.

attachment.php
https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMail/posts/1936851316572410
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

I see Stephan beat me too it! :D Its also mentioned in this one, although I'm sure I read somewhere that the wording was more along the lines of 'uncertain future' rather than what we have here but I can't find it now.

It is so hard to read the context of these statements with the conflicting reporting that's going on. I'm assuming the prosecution isn't lax enough to make an opening statement and then immediately put a witness on the stand who contradicts it...but then they must have known not having the plans to scale would have been an issue so who knows.

My reading of it is that obviously this was a marriage under stress, we now discover that Jason's position at work was under threat, so marriage issues/work stresses...as the main breadwinner that's an awful lots to be coping with, but would you really quantify that as a depressive illness, probably not. He was obviously seeking help for it in the earlier stages of having these feelings so the treatment was probably lifestyle changes rather than medication. But again, without the full testimony it's hard to get the full truth of the matter.

What I found interesting is that he was having trouble with snoring. That doesn't sound like someone who would need to dip into his wife's prescription for sleeping aids if he was falling into such deep sleeps that his snoring was becoming an issue IMO.
Snoring issues can denote sleep apneoa and people who complain of heavy snoring and weight issues in a lot of cases with be assessed for the condition . It's a condition that can cause also excessive tiredness which is the opposite of insomnia imo

Obstructive*sleep apnea*(OSA) is also linked with*depression.*

The drug was potent so imo would not have been used in a situation such as sleep apnea

Sleeping pills relax the mind and the body so you can fall asleep. In the process of relaxing the body, the muscles become relaxed as well. If you have undiagnosed sleep apnea, any medication which relaxes the muscles can make the sleep apnea worse.

Sleeping pills assist with the relaxation of these muscles and can make snoring and apnea worse.

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/depression-and-sleep

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;890587520819486720]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890587520819486720[/video]

[video=twitter;890587520819486720]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890587520819486720[/video]

Jason must have screamed in agony, definely think molly made sure those kids were in a deep sleep..Somebody been choken bricks and bat battering a man the sound of jasons body falling on the ground their bedroom was only up the stairs and he had to wake them up!!!!!

It is chilling to know what those two precious children probably heard that night. :tantrum:

IMHO

Snoring issues can denote sleep apneoa and people who complain of heavy snoring and weight issues in a lot of cases with be assessed for the condition . It's a condition that can cause also excessive tiredness which is the opposite of insomnia imo

Obstructive*sleep apnea*(OSA) is also linked with*depression.*

The drug was potent so imo would not have been used in a situation such as sleep apnea

Sleeping pills relax the mind and the body so you can fall asleep. In the process of relaxing the body, the muscles become relaxed as well. If you have undiagnosed sleep apnea, any medication which relaxes the muscles can make the sleep apnea worse.

Sleeping pills assist with the relaxation of these muscles and can make snoring and apnea worse.

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/depression-and-sleep

Yep that's where my train of thought went aswell...I would suggest it's also unusual that Jason sought help for snoring issues a couple of weeks before Molly sought help for trouble sleeping, surely the two are linked?

Reporter Hewlett seems to think that comment from the nurse practioner is the most crucial thing to happen in court to date:

"Yet, within the first hours of the Martens and Corbett second-degree murder trial, an 11th hour surprise emerged with potential to set this whole thing on its ear. And hardly anyone noticed."

So he wants to point it out.

Very little pressure on both the carotid arteries and/or veins for ten seconds is necessary to cause
unconsciousness. However, if the pressure is immediately released, consciousness will be
regained within ten seconds. To completely close off the trachea (windpipe), three times as
much pressure (33 lbs.) is required. Brain death will occur in 4 to 5 minutes, if strangulation
persists.
Be aware that strangulation may cause the following symptoms and/or consequences: difficulty
breathing, raspy, hoarse or loss of voice, coughing, difficulty swallowing, drooling, nausea,
vomiting, changes in behavior, hallucinations, headaches, light heaedness, dizziness, urination
or defecation, miscarriage, swollen tongue or lips. These symptoms may be an early indication of
an internal injury such as swelling, bleeding, fractured larynx (“voice box”) or hyoid bone,
seizures, pulmonary edema (lungs filled with fluid) or death within 36 hours due to progressive
internal injuries and/or complications. It is possible to survive the assault, regain consciousness,
refuse medical treatment, and then die later from undiagnosed or unsuspected fatal injury.
Victims should look for injuries on their face, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, chin, neck, head, scalp,
chest and shoulders, including: redness, scratches or abrasions, fingernail impressions in the skin,
deep fingernail claw marks, ligature marks (“rope burns”), thumbprint-shaped bruises, blood-red
eyes, pinpoint red spots called “petechiae” or blue fingernails. All of these injuries change in
appearance over time after the assault. Some injuries, like redness, may persist for only a few
minutes. Others, like petechiae, persist for days. Observation of the changes in these signs over
time can greatly facilitate determination of the nature and scope of internal damage produced
during the assault, and lend credibility to witness accounts of the force and duration of the
assault. Documentation by photographs sequentially for a period of days after the assault is very
helpful in establishing a journal of physical evidence.

http://www.pottstown.org/DocumentCenter/View/211

Reporter Hewlett seems to think that comment from the nurse practioner is the most crucial thing to happen in court to date:

"Yet, within the first hours of the Martens and Corbett second-degree murder trial, an 11th hour surprise emerged with potential to set this whole thing on its ear. And hardly anyone noticed."

I think Michael Hewlett just shared this piece MAry, it's an opinion piece written by a Scott Sexton from what I can see.

Yep that's where my train of thought went aswell...I would suggest it's also unusual that Jason sought help for snoring issues a couple of weeks before Molly sought help for trouble sleeping, surely the two are linked?
Really great point!

Just managed to read the article...you are so right with the reporting.The context is so important with this stuff.

[FONT=&amp]'According to records acknowledged Tuesday, a physician’s assistant who had seen Corbett had noted signs of depression and said that Corbett, who had been treated for a thyroid condition, had discussed a few weeks prior to his death that he had been angry for no real reason.'

If Jason was placed on new medication for his thyroid condition, then the most probable explanation for this statement is that he was asked how he felt he was responding to his new medication. Most people would cite even the smallest changes in temperament/body function etc once they are on a new medication. People tend to become hyper aware, ensuring they do not become one of the small percent who suffers side effects from a drug.

This vs an admission of anger issues are oceans apart IMO.[/FONT]

He also states "Corbett, a bearish figure at 6-feet, 260-pounds, had his skull caved in with a 17-ounce, Little League baseball bat and a concrete paving brick during the course of a brutal fight."

A brutal fight that only one person was injured in.

The reporter for the Winston Salem paper is Michael Hewlett. This is the same reporter that included the incendiary statement that TM had been told that JC caused the death of his first wife by her father. In comments under the article it was pointed out to him that he did not even use the words "allegedly told." He corrected that.

He refused over and over to insert in the article that this episode had been soundly refuted by Mags mother.

This was his article as jury selection was starting. It is the type of biased news, agenda reporting that is much too common today. He sort of told the truth. Just left out the word "alleged" which would remind the readers ( and on that day, perspective jurors) to have caution. And he deliberately omitted the denial..th part of the story that foes not fit his pro-defense agenda.

FAKE NEWS! Hopefully this will be pointed out in the comments.

It's a different reporter, Scott Sexton.

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member