GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I take issue with this as I understood from the tweet that Jason had one strand of Molly's blonde hair in his hand which we predicted could have been placed there post-mortem.

Here is what is reported in this article:

The defense lawyers, Walter Holton and David Freedman, also questioned Nelson’s examination. On Tuesday during opening statements in the trial, Holton and Freedman claimed there was a photo of Jason Corbett clutching a strand of blonde hair in his hand and a photo of redness on Molly Corbett’s neck.

Nelson said that he did not notice any blond hairs during the autopsy. He said that Jason Corbett’s hands were not put into bags, and he was not asked to examine finger nail samples from Jason Corbett. The doctor also stated that a large amount of blood was present in the body bag, which could possibly wash away an object.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170726/pathologist-corbett-struck-at-least-10-times

In the article in this link

http://www.journalnow.com/news/colu...cle_41780f72-4e95-5235-88e0-511b64a48a11.html

that we are referring to, the journalist says:

He also talked up something the prosecution didn’t mention — postmortem photographs taken by investigators that show long, blonde hair, roots and all, in Corbett’s right hand.

“In death, he was still clutching Molly Corbett,” Freedman said.

So dramatic!

I take issue with this as I understood from the tweet that Jason had one strand of Molly's blonde hair in his hand which we predicted could have been placed there post-mortem.

Here is what is reported in this article:

The defense lawyers, Walter Holton and David Freedman, also questioned Nelson’s examination. On Tuesday during opening statements in the trial, Holton and Freedman claimed there was a photo of Jason Corbett clutching a strand of blonde hair in his hand and a photo of redness on Molly Corbett’s neck.

Nelson said that he did not notice any blond hairs during the autopsy. He said that Jason Corbett’s hands were not put into bags, and he was not asked to examine finger nail samples from Jason Corbett. The doctor also stated that a large amount of blood was present in the body bag, which could possibly wash away an object.

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170726/pathologist-corbett-struck-at-least-10-times

In the article in this link

http://www.journalnow.com/news/colu...cle_41780f72-4e95-5235-88e0-511b64a48a11.html

that we are referring to, the journalist says:

He also talked up something the prosecution didn’t mention — postmortem photographs taken by investigators that show long, blonde hair, roots and all, in Corbett’s right hand.

“In death, he was still clutching Molly Corbett,” Freedman said.

So dramatic!

How could you tell from a photograph that the hair still had its root? My understanding is that the hair wasn't preserved as the hands weren't bagged, so they are working from the photos only, I don't know how they can then state definitively that the hair had its root?

This is such a crock. He might have caught her hair in a defensive posture as she leaned over to slam the paver into his head.

Furthermore, they did not bag his hands because Daddy Dearest confessed and there was no mystery. No matter if he was still "clutching her" or not she had no wounds and no blood on her except on her head. The prosecutor needs to bound that home in his closing.

Why in God's name would anyone bring their children to watch this evidence??

Was it members of the public that brought in children to the courtroom? sorry, I cant read the article properly. There are some weird people out there!

Court is in session for today -

[video=twitter;890568750277296128]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890568750277296128[/video]

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that under NC law, if I put my hands on your neck or my arm around your neck.. you cannot then legally shatter my skull into fragments, break my nose, pound me with a bat and a brick, kill me ....and call it even.

If you can, they need to post Jason's autopsy photos for guidelines for all of us..."See...this is okay to do." Put them in DV centers to enable others to follow Mollys breakthrough lead.

Was it members of the public that brought in children to the courtroom? sorry, I cant read the article properly. There are some weird people out there!

'There were audibly gasps in the public gallery, which by now had attracted a significant number of onlookers, including several young children. Judge Daved Lee had given an earlier warning about the graphic content of evidence, but no-one had left.' - It just beggars belief really!

'There were audibly gasps in the public gallery, which by now had attracted a significant number of onlookers, including several young children. Judge Daved Lee had given an earlier warning about the graphic content of evidence, but no-one had left.' - It just beggars belief really!

Maybe Molly's supporters wanted their children there as they see this trial as instructive and Molly as a hero of sorts. If you read her FB, the posts underneath show her becoming a Victim-Icon of sorts.

Yes it was people with children in the public gallery. The judge gave warning of graphic content, nobody left even then.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I dont have a subscription either but can read it although sometimes I had come across that subscription issue with journalnow articles. It comes up now and again randomly.

Here is another quote from it. I had actually picked up on this before reading different reports on it but as the reporting has been no sketchy and selective I wasnt sure about it. I did think it odd that he mentioned previous to this witness that jason had no anger issues etc but then this evidence comes out... I mean how could the prosecution not know this, surely they read the medical notes they received in relation to Jason. Dunno is it a foolish error or is there some other reasoning behind it. strange one

"At one point, Martin said that Jason Corbett had never been treated for depression and had no anger issues"

I dont have a subscription either but can read it although sometimes I had come across that subscription issue with journalnow articles. It comes up now and again randomly.

Here is another quote from it. I had actually picked up on this before reading different reports on it but as the reporting has been no sketchy and selective I wasnt sure about it. I did think it odd that he mentioned previous to this witness that jason had no anger issues etc but then this evidence comes out... I mean how could the prosecution not know this, surely they read the medical notes they received in relation to Jason. Dunno is it a foolish error or is there some other reasoning behind it. strange one

"At one point, Martin said that Jason Corbett had never been treated for depression and had no anger issues"

I think the whole article is trying to twist words. Martin said that JC had never been treated for depression; the nurse stated he appeared depressed. These are two completely different things.

Similarly, Martin said that JC did not have any anger issues. The nurse stated that JC had been to see her stating he had been under stress and had been getting angry for no reason recently. People when stressed can lose their temper, from my experience. This does not mean that they have anger issues. IMO anger issues relate to ongoing problems where one is unable to control their anger.

All IMO

I think the whole article is trying to twist words. Martin said that JC had never been treated for depression; the nurse stated he appeared depressed. These are two completely different things.

Similarly, Martin said that JC did not have any anger issues. The nurse stated that JC had been to see her stating he had been under stress and had been getting angry for no reason recently. People when stressed can lose their temper, from my experience. This does not mean that they have anger issues. IMO anger issues relate to ongoing problems where one is unable to control their anger.

All IMO
Based on this I'm dissapointed how her opinion was allowed(nurse) yet 911 receivers opinion not. They are both trained professionals and we also have LE and paramedics use the same term as 911 receiver "calm" so it was hardly a biast opinion it seemed to be a General observation.

Know I'm harping on about this but I think it was one that got away that shouldn't have. Imo

[video=twitter;890578717168345088]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578717168345088[/video]

[video=twitter;890578982701281280]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578982701281280[/video]

[video=twitter;890578358836371456]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578358836371456[/video]

[video=twitter;890579427620524032]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890579427620524032[/video]

Based on this I'm dissapointed how her opinion was allowed(nurse) yet 911 receivers opinion not. They are both trained professionals and we also have LE and paramedics use the same term as 911 receiver "calm" so it was hardly a biast opinion it seemed to be a General observation.

Know I'm harping on about this but I think it was one that got away that shouldn't have. Imo

I do not think it is the nurses testimony that is the issue but the reporting. The Winston-Salem Journal have been pretty biased, IMO, in favour of the Martens from the get go.

The issue, IMO, with the dispatchers testimony is that they wanted her to to give evidence which directly related to her thoughts specifically on the behaviour of TM over a phonecall. The judge would have to weigh up if it was more prejudicial than probative. In this case it clearly was.

My thought is we can all tell TM was too calm, too collected and clearly not out of breath on the tape. The Jury should be able to work this out themselves. I think, of the battles so far over the introduction of evidence, this was - again IMO - low on the prosecutions priorities.

All IMO

It is so hard to read the context of these statements with the conflicting reporting that's going on. I'm assuming the prosecution isn't lax enough to make an opening statement and then immediately put a witness on the stand who contradicts it...but then they must have known not having the plans to scale would have been an issue so who knows.

My reading of it is that obviously this was a marriage under stress, we now discover that Jason's position at work was under threat, so marriage issues/work stresses...as the main breadwinner that's an awful lots to be coping with, but would you really quantify that as a depressive illness, probably not. He was obviously seeking help for it in the earlier stages of having these feelings so the treatment was probably lifestyle changes rather than medication. But again, without the full testimony it's hard to get the full truth of the matter.

What I found interesting is that he was having trouble with snoring. That doesn't sound like someone who would need to dip into his wife's prescription for sleeping aids if he was falling into such deep sleeps that his snoring was becoming an issue IMO.

[video=twitter;890580788357550080]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890580788357550080[/video]

[video=twitter;890578717168345088]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578717168345088[/video]

[video=twitter;890578982701281280]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578982701281280[/video]

[video=twitter;890578358836371456]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/890578358836371456[/video]

A light redness to the neck. I wonder if this is why she started to rub it, to make it stand out more?

All IMO

All IMO

Totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members