GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just want to point out Mags Corbett RIP even though she's deceased she is still a victim of MMs and Tms crime as are her children. We are not allowed to slueth victims it violates the tos of this forum

Hello all again,

I apologise if i missed it but can someone post the details regarding the claim that the children had a "secret" phone number which they could use to contact the Martens?

Does it mean the Martens had a seperate phone which the kept purely for communications with the kids or does it mean that the kids had the Martens phone number but that they kept it secret from JC and MM so that they could use it if they needed it?

Either way it does not suport MM assertions of a happy stable homelife for those kids.

Thank you.

when the children were allowed a visit with MM after the courts intervened they came away and the authorities found little notes stuffed into their pockets with her phone number on it. This was well documented and discussed during the time Tracey was going for custody. It was also discussed here on the original thread months ago.

Also just want to point out Mags Corbett RIP even though she's deceased she is still a victim of MMs and Tms crime as are her children. We are not allowed to slueth victims it violates the tos of this forum

glad you pointed that out stephanddoody !

Something was mentioned on Thursday about the blood splatter on the vacuum cleaner and how it had been moved. I was unable to hear all of this testimony, but I think Mom2catie said that the blood showed that the vacuum cleaner was knocked over after the crime to stage the scene. I am sure we will be hearing more about this next week. Correct me if I am wrong Mom2catie.

The blood showed that the vacuum was on its side when it was covered with blood. At some point the vacuum was placed right side up again.

This post is graphic. Apologies. I keep jcs memory in my mind in whatever I write here.

Blood in bathroom and dents in wall so we know some of the head injuries occurred here and we know Jason was then on the move because he was found near the door of the bedroom.

So if you walk it back as a possibility. First injuries may occur in bathroom with imo bat because if the huge fractures were caused here there would be more blood imo and possible loss of consciousness. He is struck stumbling out of bathroom disorientated - explaining scalp found in hallway

Then is it not possible, having been further struck coming out of hallway and into bedroom at some point he is rendered unconscious, the back of the head saw the huge catastrophic injuries if he was unconscious and laying on his front it would give someone time to get the paver and come back - perhaps then causing the fatal injuries and the most blood loss -may explain the bloody door and pools of blood. Unconscious but heart still pumping it would explain the huge blood loss and spatter in this room the force and impact of the weapon and nature of fractures would explain a lot imo. It's the first time I can make sense of scene imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my opinion this is a very graphic but well written informative piece.

Reported by Ralph Riegel in Lexington - From news article in Irish Independent News about Martens-Corbett Trial on-going now & crime scene of 8/2/15 in Wallburg, NC - Meadowlands Community -
July 29 2017 2:30 AM

IN the shocked hush of the air-conditioned North Carolina courtroom, there was a single audible gasp as the photograph was projected onto the screen.

...RSBM...

The prosecution case, led by Assistant District Attorneys Greg Brown, Alan Martin and Ina Stanton, is expected to continue until Wednesday.

The defense case, led by David Freeman and Jones Byrd for Mr Martens and Walter Holton and Cheryl Andrews for Ms Martens-Corbett, is expected to take a further four days.

It remains unclear whether Mr Martens or Ms Martens-Corbett will testify. However, two of Mr Martens' three sons will offer defence evidence.
Irish Independent

Well perhaps I have overestimated the remaining case. iirc Tuesday is a court holiday, so that would only be 2 more days of prosecution testimony on Monday and Wednesday? I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

It was a disastrous decision for Jodi Arias to testify but she had no real choice after the prosecution case but to try to explain away the overkill as self defense. And I remember it was days and days of Arias digging a deeper hole for herself. I hope MM takes the stand and gives her account which also opens the door for the prosecution to poke holes in her testimony.

The blood showed that the vacuum was on its side when it was covered with blood. At some point the vacuum was placed right side up again.

This is really interesting to me . Oh let's tidy away the vacuum before we call 911 we don't want the house to look untidy ?If you are calling 911 because you think you may have killed someone the instant he went down why would you straighten up the vacuum? If they moved that what else was moved or concealed?It comes back to the search warrant where it's stated
the struggle described was not consistent with the evidence at the scene,particularly the master bedroom
I think Jennifer is right the murder itself wasn't premeditated but there was a cover orchestrated between the 3 remaining adults left in the house that night . That's why Sharon is involved in the civil suit .The blood spatter experts testimony is going to be very interesting.

Page 11 point number 9
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-80a2-cb827408349b/568fd60db6a63.pdf.pdf

This is really interesting to me . Oh let's tidy away the vacuum before we call 911 we don't want the house to look untidy ?If you are calling 911 because you think you may have killed someone the instant he went down why would you straighten up the vacuum? If they moved that what else was moved or concealed?It comes back to the search warrant where it's stated
I think Jennifer is right the murder itself wasn't premeditated but there was a cover orchestrated between the 3 remaining adults left in the house that night . That's why Sharon is involved in the civil suit .The blood spatter experts testimony is going to be very interesting.

Page 11 point number 9
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e5-80a2-cb827408349b/568fd60db6a63.pdf.pdf

It makes sense all you say imo. If your busy fixing up your not attending a body, checking on kids or starting cpr your too busy, A time when a body can cool and blood can dry.

However long before the call even up until EMS arrive look beyond the cold caller on the phone mm sounds miles away on the call when she is shouting back Jason's age etc, even when tm suposidly moves closer to body she sounds in the distance the room is not that big.

Imo

It makes sense all you say imo. If your busy fixing up your not attending a body, checking on kids or starting cpr your too busy, A time when a body can cool and blood can dry.

However long before the call even up until EMS arrive look beyond the cold caller on the phone mm sounds miles away on the call when she is shouting back Jason's age etc, even when tm suposidly moves closer to body she sounds in the distance the room is not that big.

Imo

I don't think they called straight away . If it was clear cut self defence they would have . Holton himself said this is a case of beyond reasonable doubt in his opening statement. I'm wondering how they are going to explain why they think police men , paramedics, 911 dispatchers even Keith Mc Ginn and a wide range lot of other people are lying. Those people have nothing to gain from lying . The Martens on the other hand do

I don't think they called straight away . If it was clear cut self defence they would have . Holton himself said this is a case of beyond reasonable doubt in his opening statement. I'm wondering how they are going to explain why they think police men , paramedics, 911 dispatchers even Keith Mc Ginn and a wide range lot of other people are lying. Those people have nothing to gain from lying . The Martens on the other hand do
Stephan to be honest I am very nervous of the defences case. With a history of lies, and God knows what else and a father who has 40 odd years dealing with evidence and Perps I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something out of the bag. Some form of entrapment or maybe she has historical phony injury pics something that might cause just 1 juror to turn.

If they don't, then why are they there because evidence so far is open shut imo, I'm hoping and praying I'm wrong but these people are capable of anything imo

Just my fiction not my facts

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Given the fact that there was virtually no blood on them, there is no way that they called straight away. The 911 call lasted around 15 minutes, during which they went through the motions of preforming CPR, a task that would have got blood on them, no mind the act of murder itself and close to the end of the call the paramedics entered the room. The lack of blood on both MM & TM cannot be explained if they are saying they called when "he went down".

Stephan to be honest I am very nervous of the defences case. With a history of lies, and God knows what else and a father who has 40 odd years dealing with evidence and Perps I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled something out of the bag. Some form of entrapment or maybe she has historical phony injury pics something that might cause just 1 juror to turn.

If they don't, then why are they there because evidence so far is open shut imo, I'm hoping and praying I'm wrong but these people are capable of anything imo

Just my fiction not my facts

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Imo they are capable of doing or saying anything . It's not enough they took his life but they will now try to take his reputation.The lie about Mr Fitzpatrick is beyond low . The man is dead , his daughter is dead, Jason is dead . If they can lie about that in their quest for freedom they will lie about anything

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...-as-photos-of-bloody-body-displayed-1.3170397

"Have you ever been strangled?" That's what the deputy was asked by the defense attorney after he said he saw no visible injuries on Molly. According to this story the defense has asked this question of all the witnesses who speak of her lack of injuries and probably will ask the same of witnesses to come.

Perhaps more controversial however, is the author's opinion that "Ms Martins wears stylish dresses". Go figure. It the Irish Times. IMO

Hello all,

I have been "lurking" on forum and have decided to post.

This case is fascinating. Many thanks to all who post and who have provided so much valuable and interesting information.

From when i first heard of the case what i immediately found strange was the tragic death of Mags Corbett.

I have an interest in statistics.

I would be interested to know what the odds are of someone, once in their lifetime, being involved in a night time incident which required emergency services and which resulted in the death of someone under 40.

The odds of it happening have got to be pretty small. JC (and may he rest in peace and may those children get the help they need to heal and grow) was involved in two such incidents. The odds of this have to be absolutely tiny.

This jumped out at me from day one. It is probably why the Martens and their defence looked at it also.

Im not making comment on JC - i dont have sufficient information - im just saying that it has to be extraordinarily rare for the same person to be involved in 2 late night incidents which required emergency services intervention and which resulted in the death of a young person.

JC - on all fronts - was a very unlucky person.

I would appreciate other views on this.
Hello,

I would also like to point out that Jason and Mags were buried TOGETHER. Her father was alive at the time of Jason's funeral. No father or mother would let there Daughter share a grave with someone they thought had a hand in their daughters death. They loved and respected Jason.
http://campus.ie/surviving-college/jason-corbett-be-laid-rest-wednesday-alongside-his-first-wife

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/cri...-as-photos-of-bloody-body-displayed-1.3170397

"Have you ever been strangled?" That's what the deputy was asked by the defense attorney after he said he saw no visible injuries on Molly. According to this story the defense has asked this question of all the witnesses who speak of her lack of injuries and probably will ask the same of witnesses to come.

Perhaps more controversial however, is the author's opinion that "Ms Martins wears stylish dresses". Go figure. It the Irish Times. IMO

I thought this officer should have answered "no, but in my
LE career I have seen numerous/many people that have".... I'm sure he has sadly seen a few victims of actual strangulation and can tell the difference.....

RE the comment of "stylish" dresses I can't understand that as she appears to be purposely dressing down, however, when somebody puts themselves out there as a model I suppose the comment on style is not totally out of place. Certainly not as objectionable as being referred to as "bearish" as Jason has been.

Questions I had after leaving the courtroom.

Who brought the paving stone upstairs? There were many photos of the stone. It was coved in blood and had hair on it.

The prosecution gave a detailed look to the home. The jury was shown pictures of the upstairs bedrooms, the living and kitchen areas, the basement bedroom and the master bedroom and bath . Where do the upstairs bedrooms come into proving guilt?

In the basement bedroom I only remember seeing 3 phones. Two were smart phones one a flip phone. There was a red iPhone on the nightstand in the master bedroom. Why was 911 not called earlier?

Who did TM call after the Ambulance had arrived? He was reported to be outside on a cell phone. Not a home phone.

A moment for all of us to take in, in a photo of the stairs there was a Barbie doll. Not important to the case, but a reminder that children lost their father and there are real people mourning the death of Jason.

hi do you remember the if in the upstairs bedroom which had the bed made in the photograph was there a phone visible if the phones in basement bedroom belonged to tm/sm,tm couldnt have brought one with him as he was in boxers jc phone in master bedroom could the ph tm was using on the porch belonged to mm or ph in mbr was mm and one tm used was jctrying to figure why tm didnt use this ph to dial 911? where did it come from ?how did he get it?

I thought this officer should have answered "no, but in my
LE career I have seen numerous/many people that have".... I'm sure he has sadly seen a few victims of actual strangulation and can tell the difference.....

RE the comment of "stylish" dresses I can't understand that as she appears to be purposely dressing down, however, when somebody puts themselves out there as a model I suppose the comment on style is not totally out of place. Certainly not as objectionable as being referred to as "bearish" as Jason has been.
Had the deputy answered that question as you suggest he should have, it would have been struck from the record and the jury told to disregard. IMO

Had the deputy answered that question as you suggest he should have, it would have been struck from the record and the jury told to disregard. IMO

You are correct and this is clearly why he did not answer that way. However, as the thought occurred to me I am sure it occurred to the jury as well.

If I understood correctly the court WILL be in session on Tuesday. Wednesday, August 2nd is the day that court will not be in session. On August 2nd it will mark 2 years since Jason's life was tragically taken.

?..Ihave wanted to say that if MM does not take the stand, how can her self defense claim work? With the level of shock at the general crime scene photos, she is being increasingly pushed to a position where she will need to testify....

It will be interesting to see whether MM and/or TM take the stand. I would think that the defense would prefer to put TM on the stand rather than MM.

I wonder whether the defense lawyers have already made a decision about that or whether they are waiting to see how the trial goes.

It would certainly make an already interesting trial even more interesting if either one were to testify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member