GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. I read the posts here quickly and the articles quickly and then i read them slowly later, before I sleep and they always appear new, am missing loads..'his clothes in a pile beside the bed' 'the red i-phone plugged in. was that Jason's phone?
Did the police take it in evidence?

Massive amounts of blood...
and nobody called a doctor?

If this plays out, Molly had been prescribed the Traz, bottle of rum, a single glass and a mixer in kitchen... presumably left there before the slaughter of Jason Corbett?
How many pills were missing from her prescription?
What had she taken?
What had TM taken?

I wondered about the references to blood on the bed too but there has been very little emphasis on it so I suspect it is blood splatter rather than the bed and mattress being saturated. (I am bearing in mind all the time I write that we are talking about a living breathing beloved man and I don't use these terms about blood lightly). I also wondered about the references to open drawers on the dresser and wondered if this was MM getting a change of clothes for herself in a hurry and possibly throwing a pile of new clothes on the floor that would look like Jason discarded his own clothes going to bed.

The older blood around Jasons poor eye also got me wondering if there was an earlier altercation with TM which died down and which then started up again in the small hours.

This is a great post. Once Jason got the bat, and knocked off TM's glasses, he should have been even more enraged. He's been hit! HE, Jason...is the one in the fight for his life. His adrenaline should be sky high.

But...nothing...not a bruise, not a bump, not a scratch.

And if Tom hit him in the back of the head, it's almost a reflex that his grip around Mollys neck would be tighter...you grab on as your head goes down. But she only has a little redness?

Add to that Mary, that the room was dimly lit.... Dimly lit room, TM without his glasses - how would he have managed to retrieve the bat off Jason with all those challenges, putting aside the differences in size... Again, stories don't add up. He managed to land a lot of blows for a man that allegedly couldn't see properly.

BTW - Stephan catching up on articles you are right, vacuum mentioned few times with focus being put on the fact it was moved, I think it's one to watch. It could have left dry blood stain where it was moved or we may find there is relevant contents inside, hairs, clothes fibres ??

Anyone any suggestions?

All my opinions not fact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just pure speculation on my behalf but Jason struggled a lot. There are multiple puddles of jasons blood around the master room , dents in the wall cracked outlet ,cracked lightswitch in the bathroom, jasons blood is spattered all over the walls on the bedclothes , his brain matter on the hallway leading to the ensuite , his blood in the bathroom , his blood spray on clothes in the wardrobe. He struggled and tried to get away . Maybe the vacuum gets knocked over during his struggle and blood spatters onto it . If it was then moved say maybe straightened the blood would drip down. Or if the vacuum didn't get knocked over and jasons blood spattered onto it but they decided to knock it over to make the room look like there was a donnybrook the blood spatter would be inconsistent too. Its only a very small thing but if they moved it it doesn't tie in with their story the rang 911 immediately when Jason went down . Means they are lying . In a clear case of self defence why do need to lie . Might be just a bloody vacumm cleaner as well we will see Monday what the blood spatter expert says

I wondered about the references to blood on the bed too but there has been very little emphasis on it so I suspect it is blood splatter rather than the bed and mattress being saturated. (I am bearing in mind all the time I write that we are talking about a living breathing beloved man and I don't use these terms about blood lightly). I also wondered about the references to open drawers on the dresser and wondered if this was MM getting a change of clothes for herself in a hurry and possibly throwing a pile of new clothes on the floor that would look like Jason discarded his own clothes going to bed.

The older blood around Jasons poor eye also got me wondering if there was an earlier altercation with TM which died down and which then started up again in the small hours.

I'm not sure whether it was spatter or pools on sheets. My understanding was that closet doors were open- were drawers open too? Open drawers suggest searching..
The 'older' blood around his eye suggests dried venous blood from earlier in the attack, but not earlier in the night.
HOWEVER, the timing of his broken nose could well be from earlier... We are not told how that came about or whether it was inflicted by a fist or an implement?

I am thinking autopsy will be opened up in much more detail.

Yesterday's daily mail, i think??- article described blood on the sheets, did it also discuss blood on the bed?

Should we discuss whether this supports theory that he was asleep in bed when attacked first?
That is very interesting. In my mind, I thought there was no blood in the bed and that JC was attacked while sleeping face down. MM's first blow was perhaps not hard enough to draw blood but rather he got up and started staggering around the room. I was hoping forensics found brick paver dust in the bed, but blood indicates he was attacked there. I do not believe there was any fight or even an argument that night - however it went down, JC was ambushed and attacked by these two. I do not believe even one word of the story given by MM and TM.

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMa...495363941342/1938014399789435/?type=3&theater

Attachments

• IMG_4559.jpg
    IMG_4559.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 105
That is very interesting. In my mind, I thought there was no blood in the bed and that JC was attacked while sleeping face down. MM's first blow was perhaps not hard enough to draw blood but rather he got up and started staggering around the room. I was hoping forensics found brick paver dust in the bed, but blood indicates he was attacked there. I do not believe there was any fight or even an argument that night - however it went down, JC was ambushed and attacked by these two. I do not believe even one word of the story given by MM and TM.
Could they still, Sandy? Produce paver dust from the bed? I am assuming all evidence in this regard has not yet been produced?

Is it not a huge pity that the scene and defendants were not treated as a murder from the outset?
Does it signify that a lot of valuable information/ evidence was missed?

Could they still, Sandy? Produce paver dust from the bed? I am assuming all evidence in this regard has not yet been produced?

Is it not a huge pity that the scene and defendants were not treated as a murder from the outset?

There were mistakes made. But there was also suspicion mounting among the various professionals almost from the start. Definitely a mistake was made in regard to placing the children with the killers.

But I'm more hopeful that the evidence gathering will prove to have been done with murder in mind.

Hello all,

I have been "lurking" on forum and have decided to post.

This case is fascinating. Many thanks to all who post and who have provided so much valuable and interesting information.

From when i first heard of the case what i immediately found strange was the tragic death of Mags Corbett.

I have an interest in statistics.

I would be interested to know what the odds are of someone, once in their lifetime, being involved in a night time incident which required emergency services and which resulted in the death of someone under 40.

The odds of it happening have got to be pretty small. JC (and may he rest in peace and may those children get the help they need to heal and grow) was involved in two such incidents. The odds of this have to be absolutely tiny.

This jumped out at me from day one. It is probably why the Martens and their defence looked at it also.

Im not making comment on JC - i dont have sufficient information - im just saying that it has to be extraordinarily rare for the same person to be involved in 2 late night incidents which required emergency services intervention and which resulted in the death of a young person.

JC - on all fronts - was a very unlucky person.

I would appreciate other views on this.

"There were several defects or dents in the wall also surrounded by blood"

If they are dents surrounded by blood then would it not suggest someone being forced into the wall and the injury occurring from the impact could the wall be a third weapon or manner of assault ?

Maybe explaining a fracture?

Someone is swinging the bat at someone else who is against the wall.

They are swinging so freely and wildly that sometimes they hit the wall instead. Now TM's story is that he only hit JC until he let go of Molly. Would a father swing that recklessly if his daughter was being held by his target? I thought saving her was the point...not possibly crushing her skull as well?

Hello all again,

I apologise if i missed it but can someone post the details regarding the claim that the children had a "secret" phone number which they could use to contact the Martens?

Does it mean the Martens had a seperate phone which the kept purely for communications with the kids or does it mean that the kids had the Martens phone number but that they kept it secret from JC and MM so that they could use it if they needed it?

Either way it does not suport MM assertions of a happy stable homelife for those kids.

Thank you.

Hello all,

This case is fascinating. Many thanks to all who post and who have provided so much valuable and interesting information.

From when i first heard of the case what i immediately found strange was the tragic death of Mags Corbett.

I would be interested to know what the odds are of someone, once in their lifetime, being involved in a night time incident which required emergency services and which resulted in the death of someone under 40.

The odds of it happening have got to be pretty small. JC (and may he rest in peace and may those children get the help they need to heal and grow) was involved in two such incidents. The odds of this have to be absolutely tiny.

This jumped out at me from day one. It is probably why the Martens and their defence looked at it also.

Im not making comment on JC - i dont have sufficient information - im just saying that it has to be extraordinarily rare for the same person to be involved in 2 late night incidents which required emergency services intervention and which resulted in the death of a young person.

The first thing that jumps out at me...is the second time, HE was the victim. This isn't a case where two wives have suddenly died in the night. Jason died in the second incidence.

In the case of his first wife, her sister was in the house, living with them when Mags had the attack. Emergency services were called. There was no mystery. Mags own Mother has expressed fury in interviews as scurrilous defense manipulation of her family's tragedy.

Hello all,

Hi,

A severe asthma attack can kill and does kill. It isn't uncommon. I've seen it happen time and time again young and old all with varying levels of disease. For reasons that their asthma isn't controlled or cannot be controlled by meds or external aggravating factors.

The cracking open of someone's skull exposing their brain matter, driving fragments of the bone deep into the skull shattering it and then leaving the person bleeding to death is uncommon.

In my opinion Jason Corbett was lucky to have spent the time he did with mags Corbett blessed to have their children, his luck changed when he met the martens.

All my opinions

attachment.php

The father of Jason Corbett’s first wife believed Corbett was responsible for his daughter’s death, according to a motion filed by attorneys for Thomas Martens, who is charged in Corbett’s death.
“The content of the statements were that Mr. Fitzpatrick believed that Jason Corbett had caused the death of Mr. Fitzpatrick’s daughter Margaret Corbett,” the motion says. “Mr. Fitzpatrick’s prior statements are offered in support of the defendant’s asserted defenses of self-defense and the defense of others, in that they are relevant to the defendant’s state of mind during the alleged altercation with Jason Corbett.”

http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-35803451.html

Now, the former FBI agent is claiming in a motion filed to the court ahead of the trial that he was "approached by Michael Fitzpatrick (since deceased), the father of Jason Corbett's late first wife Margaret Corbett" at his daughter and Jason's wedding in 2011.It reads; "On that occasion, Mr Fitzpatrick told Mr Martens that he believed that Jason Corbett had caused the death of his daughter Margaret."

The motion reads; "Specifically, during the alleged altercation that resulted in the death of Jason Corbett, Mr Martens witnessed Jason Corbett, a man far larger and more physically powerful than he or his daughter, choking his daughter and threatening to kill her, and thereafter acted in defense of his daughter and, eventually, in his own defense [sic]."
It adds that Mr Martens was allegedly aware of Jason Corbett's size during the assault, and that "Mr Fitzpatrick had represented to him that Mr Fitzpatrick believed his duaghter's death to have come at the hands of Jason Corbett.""[The allegation] is being offered... to show the reasonableness of Mr Martens' apprehension of death or serious bodily to he and his daughter - and thus is competent evidence with respect to Mr Martens' state of mind."

Mrs Fitzpatricks response

Claims are blatant lies Jason was just a great husband to my daughter

My husband was not at Jasons second wedding , None of us were , so the incident described at the wedding in the States is nothing more than a fabrication . We were in Ireland at the time so its physically impossible that Tom Martens had any conversation with my husband in Tennessee

And in interviews with the Mail several other guests at Mr Corbetts second wedding confirmed Mr Fitzpatrick was not there

Mrs Fitzpatrick broke down as she described the agony she felt in light of the claims . These claims have been deeply hurtful. I recently lost my own father as well as my husband its a very difficult time

But the truth is these claims are all blatant lies Michael got on extremely well with Jason. He was a great husband to Mags and a wonderful person

If you had known my husband you would have known he was a gentleman. If there had been any risk to Mags he would have stepped in

Michael Fitzpatrick was not at that wedding said Brendan O Callaghan Mr Corbetts best man . None of the FitzPatricks were

I was Jasons best man. I was there for the rehearsals the ceremony the reception the whole lot. I know for a fact MIchael Fitzpatrick was not there

I don't know why Mr Martens is making up these allegations. Mags died of an asthma attack. There was a post mortem

Karen Gorey whose daughter was a flower girl at the wedding said she found the allegations
deeply disturbing

Michael Fitzpatrick wasn't there . His passing is still very raw so these claims have been very upsetting for his family

The allegation is very serious and the fact is it is simply untrue. The fact he is not here to state that says it all. Its a very low blow to drag a deceased man into a lie

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishMai...c_location=ufi

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbett-gentle-giant-sister-in-law-claims‘I was there in the house that night when Mags passed away,’ says Catherine. ‘Mags had asthma all her life. It’s in the family, I have two brothers with it as well. It wasn’t bad, not anything that you would have been worried about.
‘That night, she gave out to the two of us because neither of us emptied the dishwasher. At 2.05am Jason knocked on my door and said he needed to bring Mags to hospital, that she was having a bit of an attack.

I knew it was something different, something serious. ‘I knew there was something wrong when she got into the car in her pyjamas because she wouldn’t have gone anywhere without getting herself organised. They met the ambulance halfway and he tried to revive her in the car. He did everything. He was devastated, totally, totally heartbroken. We all were.’ A widower at just 30, Jason Corbett was left with a two-year-old son and a 12-week-old daughter.

Attachments

• IMG_4560.jpg
    IMG_4560.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 90
Hello all,

There you go
http://www.aaaai.org/about-aaaai/newsroom/asthma-statistics

I believe you would find it extraordinarily difficult to tie both incidences together from a statistical reference.

Forensics would have vacuumed the bed and also taken the sheets into evidence for analysis. I would say that they predicted a 3 week trial and much is yet to be revealed. They started with the weakest witness, the nurse practitioner, who opined that family members sometimes share prescriptions without pointing out murderers somtimes feed tranquilizers to their victims. She also stated that JC said he had been angry lately which is simply her word. Just my impression, she seems anti-men or angry herself and she made no statement that MM claimed to be afraid of JC or his anger. The jury has already forgotten her opinion testimony anyway when they saw the bloody photos, except that MM was prescribed the trazadone not JC which was the whole reason the prosecution put her on the stand. JC has no history of drug abuse or prescription seeking. The prosecution is still building their case and has really only covered first responders and generalized information about what happened. All the details from blood spatter experts, forensics, and homicide detective recreations are yet to come and will be very exacting about measurements. I have wanted to say that if MM does not take the stand, how can her self defense claim work? With the level of shock at the general crime scene photos, she is being increasingly pushed to a position where she will need to testify. The self-defense case is slim in terms of presentation, so I estimate 10 more full court days of prosecution details and we will learn much more.

Hello all again,

I apologise if i missed it but can someone post the details regarding the claim that the children had a "secret" phone number which they could use to contact the Martens?

Does it mean the Martens had a seperate phone which the kept purely for communications with the kids or does it mean that the kids had the Martens phone number but that they kept it secret from JC and MM so that they could use it if they needed it?

Either way it does not suport MM assertions of a happy stable homelife for those kids.

Thank you.

I don't believe we have seen any specific information from the MSM about that. If so, someone will post a link and then we may discuss it.

Forensics would have vacuumed the bed and also taken the sheets into evidence for analysis. I would say that they predicted a 3 week trial and much is yet to be revealed. They started with the weakest witness, the nurse practitioner, who opined that family members sometimes share prescriptions without pointing out murderers somtimes feed tranquilizers to their victims. She also stated that JC said he had been angry lately which is simply her word. Just my impression, she seems anti-men or angry herself and she made no statement that MM claimed to be afraid of JC or his anger. The jury has already forgotten her opinion testimony anyway when they saw the bloody photos, except that MM was prescribed the trazadone not JC which was the whole reason the prosecution put her on the stand. JC has no history of drug abuse or prescription seeking. The prosecution is still building their case and has really only covered first responders and generalized information about what happened. All the details from blood spatter experts, forensics, and homicide detective recreations are yet to come and will be very exacting about measurements. I have wanted to say that if MM does not take the stand, how can her self defense claim work? With the level of shock at the general crime scene photos, she is being increasingly pushed to a position where she will need to testify. The self-defense case is slim in terms of presentation, so I estimate 10 more full court days of prosecution details and we will learn much more.

Thank you so much. Those are brilliant insights.

Just pure speculation on my behalf but Jason struggled a lot. There are multiple puddles of jasons blood around the master room , dents in the wall cracked outlet ,cracked lightswitch in the bathroom, jasons blood is spattered all over the walls on the bedclothes , his brain matter on the hallway leading to the ensuite , his blood in the bathroom , his blood spray on clothes in the wardrobe. He struggled and tried to get away . Maybe the vacuum gets knocked over during his struggle and blood spatters onto it . If it was then moved say maybe straightened the blood would drip down. Or if the vacuum didn't get knocked over and jasons blood spattered onto it but they decided to knock it over to make the room look like there was a donnybrook the blood spatter would be inconsistent too. Its only a very small thing but if they moved it it doesn't tie in with their story the rang 911 immediately when Jason went down . Means they are lying . In a clear case of self defence why do need to lie . Might be just a bloody vacumm cleaner as well we will see Monday what the blood spatter expert says

Something was mentioned on Thursday about the blood splatter on the vacuum cleaner and how it had been moved. I was unable to hear all of this testimony, but I think Mom2catie said that the blood showed that the vacuum cleaner was knocked over after the crime to stage the scene. I am sure we will be hearing more about this next week. Correct me if I am wrong Mom2catie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member