GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And US beer used to have a much lower alcohol content than irish beer, think 3.2% when I was there many many years ago.. dont know thats still true tho

The defense attorney did ask the neighbor if he knew the alcohol content and he replied that he didn't know.

Excellent post and question. Not sure but thought that the link for the blood alcohol content is for the average person based on their weight, the volume of alcohol, alcohol content, over a period of time. Not based on trauma. In other words, in my small mind, this BAC calculator might give us an idea what a person similar to J with a certain weight, volume of alcohol, and alcohol content, over a period of time, might be expected to exhibit BEFORE the trauma. Is he totaled, or just a little tipsy. Just a means to try to understand what might be expected for average person based on the values entered. Not sure that this calculator is meant to assist in determining the BAC for someone so decimated as J was. In other words, this BAC calculator does not appear to incorporate trauma. I thought it might help us understand the state that J was in BEFORE or DURING the attack. Just a way to try to understand what the average person might be expected to encounter based on the values entered. Of course, sometimes I get lost.

Of course, after reading previous posts, the same BAC calculator can be applied to those who admitted contributing to J's death. What are their weights, what is the volume, alcohol content for wine and rum over the actual time of consumption? Well, next week might not answer all our questions, but have NO doubt that the physical evidence next week will make it PERFECTLY clear that J did NOT die as a result of "defense of self and others". J4J. Some might think I am biased, well I go where the evidence leads. Oops, there I am, just where the evidence leads. If I am wrong, then I am open to it. Just can't see the devastation and assign another reason for it yet. Defense, it is our turn.

Defense, it is "your" turn. Apologize for missing the "y".
They took their turn early# 924..
they claiming he had a psychotic episode following ingestion of alcohol and trazadone.
They are bringing in experts to testify this to be a possibility and that he had an awful lot more alcohol in his system than the autopsy calculated.

But suppose he had not continued drinkin after his friend went away.. suppose he had consumed no further alcohol with his meal, people often will not mix beer with wine.. Suppose he retired early, there was caffeine in his system-autopsy- then it would be reasonable to assume he had in fact processed down to 20/dl as per tox report by the time they savaged him..
Stomach contents did not specify alcohol content and far as I can figure this referred to ongoing process only if stomach actually contained alcohol when head injury was first inflicted

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16782292
if accurate they're going to need to do a whole lot better.. great you caught that question re alcohol content today

Didn't MM drive with JC to pick up J at 11PM? So JC was cooperative at that time, not raving drunk demanding to drive or anything. I thought the 8-page autopsy said his blood alcohol was .02% which is confusing and it could be "too impaired to drive" or else "negligible", not sure because in the US the BAC can be expressed different ways.

Of course, after reading previous posts, the same BAC calculator can be applied to those who admitted contributing to J's death. What are their weights, what is the volume, alcohol content for wine and rum over the actual time of consumption? Well, next week might not answer all our questions, but have NO doubt that the physical evidence next week will make it PERFECTLY clear that J did NOT die as a result of "defense of self and others". J4J. Some might think I am biased, well I go where the evidence leads. Oops, there I am, just where the evidence leads. If I am wrong, then I am open to it. Just can't see the devastation and assign another reason for it yet. Defense, it is our turn.

Yeah, thinking same. Who stayed up late drinking rum working herself into a frenzy, perhaps?
I am trying to locate another interview I knew I saw, TM lawyer on effects of trazadone and alcohol.. think it was a video.. cannot be sure, not finding it on a google search..
I think it was after one of the tv appearances they arranged for themselves while they were planning on how best to move the trial from DC.. it was an extraordinarily strong statement.. dramatic.. but after the few pints it is unlikely jason would have needed a sleeping medicine..
unless MM was 'on a one' and it was running for days on end already.. and not due to finish anytime soon-mcginn's book.
But even then, I really doubt he took it himself- its not the Irish man way..

But now we do know the Trazadone expert in the family, one of them, at least.

Didn't MM drive with JC to pick up J at 11PM? So JC was cooperative at that time, not raving drunk demanding to drive or anything. I thought the 8-page autopsy said his blood alcohol was .02% which is confusing and it could be "too impaired to drive" or else "negligible", not sure because in the US the BAC can be expressed different ways.
It depends on time of death.. How much alcohol had he processed by the time of his death, which according to the defendants was just before they made the 911 call..

agree BAC can can be expressed in several ways depending upon scale used.. If he had ceased drinking at 6,7 or 8pm, its possible he did and he died at 1, 2 or 3 am.. and no factors existed that would cause the body to continue processing alcohol post mortem..then its possible and likely the tox report is correct.

Also just remembering tM was asked during 911 call whether victim had been drinking.. what was his response?

.. did he need to check that out before he mumbled something like, 'yes, during the day', possibly having checked with somebody else in the room?

That would indicate he had refrained from further drinking with MM and her family after they had arrived at 8.. so , it could well be accurate, he had also been engaged in physical labor, mowing a very large lawn, for the last time ever..
Thanks for making those points.

heres the converting thingy http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/2090019-overview

Based on what has been presented thus far, not sure there is any expert that can adequately explain the torture that J endured, no matter their pretty, scientific explanations, or excuses, a human being was massacred that night. There are NO words, explanations, or excuses that could ever explain the lack of humanity that night, try as they might. Please, prove me wrong. Please give every humane effort made the night J died. Include those who admitted hitting him with a paving stone, bat, those who carried his children down the stairs telling them to close their eyes. God, I am not related to J, but need to know that humanity did NOT die with J. We all need to know that there is tomorrow. But to get there we must accept what happened and then we can move forward. If we are denied the ability to accept the truth, we are forever left in limbo. J, his children, and family deserve the truth, J4J.

Why does the Defence say that MMC and TM are innocent?

1. Because JC placed them in a life or death situation

2. JC had been drinking all day. He is a huge man.

3. It is clear from the 911 tape JC was choking MMC and he was threatening to kill her.

4. JC said, ‘I am going to kill her.’ That is a life or death situation.”

5. TM had the right to defend MMC as she was allegedly being choked by JC.

6. Holton described JC as being 6-foot tall and weighing 262 pounds.

7. Holton said “They didn’t ask for that situation. They didn’t create the situation. He did it.”

8. TM and MMC had minor amounts of alcohol prior to the JC’s death.

9. Authorities didn’t test MC and TM for alcohol because deputies “clearly” didn’t think it was a factor.

10. They did test JC who had alcohol and a drug, Trazadone, in his system.
Look at the interaction between the two online. It interacts in violence. It’s a bad combination.”

11. Holton said JC had an alcohol level of .02, which was measured seven hours after his death.

12. The Defence will have an expert who will testify on the true level at the time of Corbett’s death.

Davidson County Sheriff David Grice said he couldn’t comment on any possible alcohol involvement because that aspect is of the “evidentiary nature.”

http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20160324/attorney-maintains-corbetts-innocence

from page 50
I have thought about and this case deep/long/hard. I remained a clear neutral bystander for long time. The questions that had me baffled for so long are did MC and TM pre-plan this together and what did SM know and when did she know it? In my personal opinion now, I see the marriage quickly deteriorating, Jason announcing his plans to return to Ireland w kids. I see a mentally weak beautiful spoiled woman informing her daddy of Jason plans. The daddy that has overprotected his daughter for years needed a game plan to ensure MM's world wasn't upended. MM wanted to continue her life with or w/o JC. MM wanted the lifestyle/house/kids. The only way that could happen was with JC dead. An ex-FBI dad and a corrupt vulnerable MM laid plans. Plans that had to include domestic violence and a FBI dad coming to the aid of daughter. Adding in having neighbors share drinks as witnesses helps the alibi. I am thinking TM and MM would not have enlightened SM to their plans. But SM has now had plenty of time to work out many small details in her head...one of the biggest details is, if SM heard a scream, saw TM run upstairs w bat in hand, why did it take 3 live people 60 minutes to call police? In my mind SM became complicit and was finally included in TM and MC's plans within 60 seconds after the murder. I can hear a strong willed TM quickly telling a meek SM something along the lines of "He was attacking Molly" He was so aggressive" I had to defend her" "but wait, the police may want details with all this bloody carnage" "Let's get out stories aligned quickly" with MM and TM sharing some pre-planned alibi's w SM. I believe JC had recently informed MC to divorce plans and MC sharing JC's plans w TM forcing them to react quickly (change travel plans)

from page 51
I think Tom got taken away because he was the one that initially said he did the damage to Jason . Molly wasn't mentioned but then they are 2 weapons you can't say you defended yourself with 2 weapons or else you are admitting to overkill so when Molly is questioned she admits to using it . The vaccum cleaner is strange it's being pointed out for a reason . Was it still standing up or is it tossed over as you would expect during a struggle. What direction is the blood spatter on it ? Is it going in the opposite way ? Is this part of the reason they initially wanted murder 1 because things were moved and it didn't correspond with the evidence. My own opinion

It must be so difficult for our Irish friends to understand all the laws in the USA state by state! I checked North Carolina law and the only difference between first and second degree murder is premeditation:
http://statelaws.findlaw.com/north-carolina-law/north-carolina-second-degree-murder-laws.html

I agree with quoted poster DaleTray at least to the extent that I see premeditated & intentional first degree murder and also conspiracy to commit murder as it pertains to MM and TM. If I were a juror, the prosecutor could convince me given the bullet points we have of dried blood, victim cold, unplanned trip by TM &SM who arrive with a baseball bat, paving stone in MBR, overkill, blood all over the place, etc. BUT, that said, the prosecutors know that all 12 jurors must be convinced and they believe that second degree murder is the case they can prove and win, which agrees with the grand jury indictment. What the prosecutors in this case do not want is for the jury to go into the room and debate and become argumentative over premeditation when it is likely one or more won't see it; they want the jurors to go in the room and think "overkill and intentional" and stick to that debate which they should be able to win with this evidence.

I don't believe the murder was premeditated, but the cover up was premeditated. I think that the parents did the unscheduled trip there because Molly was going off the deep end again and they thought that they could keep her on the straight and narrow, but she was too far gone.

Blood was also found in the bathroom and on a vacuum cleaner, the latter appearing to have been moved
The 911 call was played in its entirety to the trial - and it was the only moment so far in the nine-day hearing when Ms Martens-Corbett displayed emotion, bowing her head and wiping tears away with a handkerchief.When the photograph of Jason lying dead in the ambulance was projected onto the wall, both stared at it without any visible emotional reaction.
There were multiple unexplained indentation marks on the walls.
There was also hair and scalp matter embedded in the brick.
Two 'quick pad' cardiac patches from the Davidson County EMS team were still attached to his chest. He lay on a yellow body board and stretcher inside the ambulance. His hairy chest was smeared with blood.Jason's face was already swollen, the area around one eye socket grotesquely enlarged.
His face was stained with blood to the extent that it was difficult to determine if he had been growing a tight beard or if the dark smudges were blood clots.

The back of his head was matted with blood.
His eyes were open, but such was the damage to one side of his face, it was hard to tell that both were.

They stared sightlessly upwards at the interior roof of the ambulance.

Im actually struggling with my faith in humanity hearing these descriptions,knowing there are people defending this as justified and the perpetrators can look at pictures of a man they were supposed to at least like and show no emotion never mind remorse . Strangers to Jason are looking at these and vomiting and crying yet from the Martens nothing nothing at all

Im actually struggling with my faith in humanity hearing these descriptions,knowing there are people defending this as justified and the perpetrators can look at pictures of a man they were supposed to at least like and show no emotion never mind remorse . Strangers to Jason are looking at these and vomiting and crying yet from the Martens nothing nothing at all

Jason was to Molly, an income source. Jason was to TM and SM a person to keep MM out of their hair, so having enabled her all her life, they passed the problematic MM on to Jason and MM messed up again, so they covered up for her again, and because Dad was former FBI thought that they would get away with it.

I don't believe the murder was premeditated, but the cover up was premeditated. I think that the parents did the unscheduled trip there because Molly was going off the deep end again and they thought that they could keep her on the straight and narrow, but she was too far gone.

I tend to agree. I don't think she intended to kill him, but I think she attacked him because she was angry that he was going to leave and take everything away. She was angry at the audacity of him deciding to leave. This is just my own opinion. On the other hand, I sometimes think because of what TM and SM had to lose, the attack could have been premeditated. I just don't know. What I am convinced of, is that this was not a case of self defence. If it can be proven that Jason was planning to leave , the defendants had motive, means and opportunity.

Yeah, thinking same. Who stayed up late drinking rum working herself into a frenzy, perhaps?
I am trying to locate another interview I knew I saw, TM lawyer on effects of trazadone and alcohol.. think it was a video.. cannot be sure, not finding it on a google search..
I think it was after one of the tv appearances they arranged for themselves while they were planning on how best to move the trial from DC.. it was an extraordinarily strong statement.. dramatic.. but after the few pints it is unlikely jason would have needed a sleeping medicine..
unless MM was 'on a one' and it was running for days on end already.. and not due to finish anytime soon-mcginn's book.
But even then, I really doubt he took it himself- its not the Irish man way..

But now we do know the Trazadone expert in the family, one of them, at least.

MM sought a prescription a couple of days earlier because she couldn't sleep due to her foot pain. Why didn't she take it that night? Why was she drinking if she had been prescribed medication to help her sleep? IMO

I think the only chance the defence has of proving the 'overkill ' was necessary is to portray Jason as I described in an earlier post as a 'Godzilla like creature ' as a result of a mix of alcohol and the trazadone. However how would the 'Godzilla like creature ' be calm enough to say to TM 'I know I shouldn't be doing this'? Perhaps they are trying to suggest Jason was aware of what he was doing but couldn't stop himself because of the alcohol/ trazadone mix?

If that is the case, then defence expert witnesses on the effects of mixing alcohol and the trazadone equalling uncontrolled rage will have to be utterly convincing.

Does the body of scientific evidence support the alcohol plus trazadone equals uncontrollable rage or not? Does anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46