GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so highly curious as to what Attorney David Freedman has up his sleeve when the defense's side is presented. I noticed they didn't have many questions for the last few witnesses and when they did they seemed to be beating around the bush. But on the other hand, what can be said to defend such damning evidence? I am very curious about TM having blood on his hands in the police photos afterwards. I was stunned when I saw the crime scene photos and saw what looked like to me bloody fingerprints smeared on the door casing. I wondered if somehow they are going to try to spin their ridiculous story and say they were TM's fingerprints. Did the vile man finger paint in JC's blood after the murder? To be as clean as he was there HAS to be a reason for him to have blood on him in the areas it was shown.

With all of that being said with what has been presented so far, there is NO WAY I could look at Jason's injuries and their lack thereof and not convict them.

Thursday was a great day for the prosecution!! IMO
Sincere thanks to you both you have been kind with your time answering questions here

J4J[emoji172]

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I'm beginning to wonder if they will go soft on the DV. Remember how she kept "married" on her FB for so long. Calculate in TM now being shocked to see Jason with his hands on MM. I think the defense story will be that Jason had a drinking problem and when he drank he could sometimes be abusive to MM. She endured it because she loved him and she loved the children. She martyred herself...poor girl. They will go heavy on the cookie baking swim coach Earth Mother.

We will be told that they had mostly repaired their marriage after her visit to the attorney and she did not confide much in her parents. She did confide in her dearest friends...who will be trotted out to confirm her story telling.

They had just had a lovely visit with Wayne. She had no fear of him leaving her.

But that night, after heavy drinking, things got out of hand between them.Her father ran up, Jason would not let go of her, and when he did let go...she only hit him to protect her Dad. She was devastated that he died and then she lost the children. This was all a terrible accident.

She will cry a lot.

But, as they say..."the blood will out."

I don't want to be bugging ye with questions but does Mm look over at Wc . Jc and Wc look very similar. Same build . In fact possibly like looking at Jc

They will try to say she pushed him and he hit his head off the stone in order to account for the hinge fracture. I would put money on it.
Yep. That has been my theory for a while.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Great article thank you . It's great to get a sense of what people in the room are thinking

That question has been a point of contention between the two sides, and perhaps even at the heart of the case. As the assistant district attorneys question each witness about whether there was any noticeable injury to Ms Martens’s neck, they seem to be hinting at a different question, a more pertinent question, to Ms Martens.
Have you ever been strangled?

I'm beginning to wonder if they will go soft on the DV. Remember how she kept "married" on her FB for so long. Calculate in TM now being shocked to see Jason with his hands on MM. I think the defense story will be that Jason had a drinking problem and when he drank he could sometimes be abusive to MM. She endured it because she loved him and she loved the children. She martyred herself...poor girl. They will go heavy on the cookie baking swim coach Earth Mother.

We will be told that they had mostly repaired their marriage after her visit to the attorney and she did not confide much in her parents. She did confide in her dearest friends...who will be trotted out to confirm her story telling.

They had just had a lovely visit with Wayne. She had no fear of him leaving her.

But that night, after heavy drinking, things got out of hand between them.Her father ran up, Jason would not let go of her, and when he did let go...she only hit him to protect her Dad. She was devastated that he died and then she lost the children. This was all a terrible accident.

She will cry a lot.

But, as they say..."the blood will out."

I agree that the dv allegations aren't going to play as much as a part as they initially were mainly bc they don't know if Jack's testimony is going to be allowed (as far as I know)

I don't know if it has been reported or not, but the defense made a big deal out of Jason not taking his thyroid medication as prescribed and the statement that he allegedly made to the nurse practitioner about getting angry for no reason. For these reasons and the opening statements, they are going to say that Jason was acting out of character due to effects of not taking his medications like he was advised which caused mood swings and a rage on that night. Because TM had never seen him like that they are going to say he was more afraid for their lives.

This is just a guess of what I am thinking and I could be wrong. This is just what I feel so far in my gut.

I would be surprised if the Prosecution used Jack's testimony. Their job is to protect the innocent. The defense is horrid if they use the words of a young boy to free their defendents. Molly is no mother. But I will believe that even more if she allows her lawyer to use any word spoken by Jack or Sarah.

I agree that the dv allegations aren't going to play as much as a part as they initially were mainly bc they don't know if Jack's testimony is going to be allowed (as far as I know)

I don't know if it has been reported or not, but the defense made a big deal out of Jason not taking his thyroid medication as prescribed and the statement that he allegedly made to the nurse practitioner about getting angry for no reason. For these reasons and the opening statements, they are going to say that Jason was acting out of character due to effects of not taking his medications like he was advised which caused mood swings and a rage on that night. Because TM had never seen him like that they are going to say he was more afraid for their lives.

This is just a guess of what I am thinking and I could be wrong. This is just what I feel so far in my gut.

thyroid meds have all kinds of side-effects and they are documented online.. not pleasant.
But if that were to wash he would be choking people in his office too, all over the place.. it wouldn't mainfest only at home with his wife because it would be a physiological effect as opposed to an endemic rage manifestation?

Does anyone know if J was being treated for hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism? Or the name of the drug if known would be beneficial in determining if hypo or hyper. Very different symptoms for hypo vs hyper thyroid.

I agree...I think they ran with the DV to justify the self defense defense. It came from Molly herself, she has people utterly convinced of the 'truth of their lives'. Apparently, we will all be proved wrong when we see the 'proof' that the defense have hidden up their sleeve.

I think the uncharacteristic explosion of rage fits their theory much better, but I find it hard to see how they can backtrack now and make that the main focus, too many of their supporters are invested in the DV angle now.

Thanks for the info on the thyroid medication. I would be really interested to see how a medication for thyroid could lead to such explosive rage all of a sudden in the middle of the night...I hope they have some case studies to show us to prove the point!

They are probably going to stress him not taking the medication along with him drinking so much beer on that particular night. IMO

They are probably going to stress him not taking the medication along with him drinking so much beer on that particular night. IMO

You might be able to clear this up,when Jason;s neighbour was on the stand, did he mean that they had 7/8 beers each that night or that they split 7/8 beers over the course of the evening?

You might be able to clear this up,when Jason;s neighbour was on the stand, did he mean that they had 7/8 beers each that night or that they split 7/8 beers over the course of the evening?
The neighbor said that they had 7 or 8 beers each over the course of I think about 5 hours.

The neighbor said that they had 7 or 8 beers each over the course of I think about 5 hours.
And US beer used to have a much lower alcohol content than irish beer, think 3.2% when I was there many many years ago.. dont know thats still true tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46