GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aggreed but I'm feeling lately like we should look at it in a more simple way. I think you mentioned mom2 that yhey showed other pictures of bedrooms. Were any of the beds disturbed? I ask because i think its plausible that she took off to a spare room and had a belly anger she couldnt control, she may have even went down and had another drink out back and brought her phone and there it is the brick, il show him
Heck she may have even been texting him from downstairs throwing insults (phone will be important) if he ignored her rage it would have grew like a hurricane imo

She maybe wanted to just hurt him teach him a lesson maybe it was blind rage but at some point Imo that changed to, I have to stop this man telling anyone I hit him, and imo the possible clean up sealed her fate.

Just my opinions

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk
The bed in the master bedroom was not made, three bedrooms upstairs were photographed. Two had unmade beds. One the bed was made. Hope that helps.

Honestly, in my opinion, if I was on the jury two things that would really stand out to me are (Besides all the gory overkill) . ..
1. First off, hearing TM on the 911 call, especially the rude comment about he guessed he would have to take over during CPR, and seeing his smug demeanor sitting on the front row every day would be a HUGE deciding factor for me. Absolutely no remorse shown and I truly believe he still thinks he will beat the charge.
2. When defense attorneys are constantly objecting that would cue me in on the fact that there is definitely something to hide. I know that is not uncommon for defense attorneys, but I honestly believe those are things that would stick in my mind.

Honestly, in my opinion, if I was on the jury two things that would really stand out to me are (Besides all the gory overkill) . ..
1. First off, hearing TM on the 911 call, especially the rude comment about he guessed he would have to take over during CPR, and seeing his smug demeanor sitting on the front row every day would be a HUGE deciding factor for me. Absolutely no remorse shown and I truly believe he still thinks he will beat the charge.
2. When defense attorneys are constantly objecting that would cue me in on the fact that there is definitely something to hide. I know that is not uncommon for defense attorneys, but I honestly believe those are things that would stick in my mind.

I agree completely.

I would like to add. The fact that there are no marks on TM or MM would stand out to me. The only time Molly cries is when her photos are shown or S is mentioned. She otherwise watches the clock and looks bored. As a juror I would take note of that.

I agree completely.

I would like to add. The fact that there are no marks on TM or MM would stand out to me. The only time Molly cries is when her photos are shown or S is mentioned. She otherwise watches the clock and looks bored. As a juror I would take note of that.
Unbelievable that's the only tears she sheds. They seem to behave like they are superior to even the truth.

Do either mom2 or justice&t see the defence being able to cast doubt on the bloody scene and autopsy evidence, would anything convince either of you they were justified?

Also for those trying to understand the dynamics of the courtroom. The Corbett family is visibly upset through out the testimony. Usually holding each other for support. It is heartbreaking.

The Martens family look down and show little or no emotion.

If I recall correctly, didn't Jason's family in Ireland learn of his death in a very short phone call from Sharon Martens (I Think?) who told them there had been an accident and he had fallen down the stairs? Then they tried to organise a snap funeral before his family could object? Surely if the cops did not already suspect their story this was a huge tip off that they were not being completely honest.

Any ideas why they would give such different stories to the cops and to Jason's family?

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/146225/Corbetts-believe-there-was-a-.html

They will try to say she pushed him and he hit his head off the stone in order to account for the hinge fracture. I would put money on it.

I agree completely.

I don't see how it possible. How did her bracelet not get broken? How did her hair stay neatly tied back? There are a lot of how's? All my opinion and how I processed the photos.

Thanks so much for these great insights, it really does help to put everything into context.

I do wonder how her supporters feel now watching her demeanor. If you guys are picking up on these things they must be too, between that and the evidence, I wonder if any of them are doubting their position...

They will try to say she pushed him and he hit his head off the stone in order to account for the hinge fracture. I would put money on it.

Teeny, tiny Molly pushed this giant BEAR of a man and he fell over?! Surely not...

I think you are right, but I'm hoping their own defense will trip them up on that one!

Thanks so much for these great insights, it really does help to put everything into context.

I do wonder how her supporters feel now watching her demeanor. If you guys are picking up on these things they must be too, between that and the evidence, I wonder if any of them are doubting their position...

i second that thanks great to get an idea of what the jurors are seeing and how people are perceiving the Martens

Do either mom2 or justice&t see the defence being able to cast doubt on the bloody scene and autopsy evidence, would anything convince either of you they were justified?

Take in to consideration I would not be selected for the jury. I have a biased opinion of what happen that night. No, there is no evidence the defense can show that will change my mind. The jury though is unbiased. They were each selected partly because they had no knowledge of the case. I watch body laungage and try to hear the testimony as someone with no knowledge. If they see what I see, the defense will have a hard time proving reasonable doubt.

Teeny, tiny Molly pushed this giant BEAR of a man and he fell over?! Surely not...

I think you are right, but I'm hoping their own defense will trip them up on that one!

Me too logic lady! Thanks so much to mom2catie and twins and truth and justice. It's so helpful to those of us so far away to have your input. May I ask are the jury watching the defendants? Especially when the devastating evidence is shown and the corbetts are so clearly suffering?

Me too logic lady! Thanks so much to mom2catie and twins and truth and justice. It's so helpful to those of us so far away to have your input. May I ask are the jury watching the defendants? Especially when the devastating evidence is shown and the corbetts are so clearly suffering?

I have chosen a seat in the back of the courtroom. I chose it for the view of the defendents. It does not give me a clear view of Jury at all times. I couldn't say if they are watching MM or TM. The Corbett family is seated on the front row closest to the jury. I can't imagine the jury not noticing their sadness. All just my opinion.

I wonder who grabbed the paver? Was it Molly? Did she wake her parents then? Did Tom grab the paver? If so why didn't he mention it on the 911 call? Or did Sharon bring them the paver? I think finding out how the paver ended up in the bedroom answers a lot of questions.

Yes, I think you are right. The paver does seem to be the main weapon, so much focus has been placed on it. I don't understand as to why TM did not mention it on the 911 call, can't see that he missed it and even if he did come in wielding a bat, he would have seen what laid before him.

From the evidence given by the neighbour, MM came out when they were both sitting having some beers to tell Jason that her parents were coming, This can only be in the late afternoon or very early evening. If, like TM is claiming, he woke up in the morning and told his wife SM that he wanted to go visit his daughter, surely MM would have told Jason well before the sit down for beers after all the grass cutting had been done. Maybe the parents decided to visit after receiving calls from MM in a frenzy because she found out or came to the realisation that Jason was leaving and taking his children. Not only was she losing his children but she was also losing her comfortable life. Maybe after the parents arrived, there were some conversations between all of them, Jason went off to bed and MM stayed up talking to her parents. If there was a realisation that Jason was leaving, her parents would have told her the truth that the children were gone, MM had no right over them. Maybe she was sitting in their bedroom chatting, or even out on the back patio where the stones were piled up. She could have grabbed the paver when she was going back upstairs or come back later for it when things got a bit heated as she tried to convince Jason not to leave.

The attack on Jason was frenzied, hopefully forensics can shed some light on where the attack started and which blows were caused by each weapon. It is inconceivable that such an attack could leave virtually no blood on either MM or TM. They had to be wearing other clothes or at the very least MM was. The fact that Jason was cool and evidence of dried blood suggests that the attack happened much earlier then TM is saying. Where are their clothes? Who disposed of them? Blood spatter experts I think will be crucial. SM sitting calmly in the basement must also be an uneasy fact for any jury to accept, it is only up a flight of stairs but they are expected to believe she stayed downstairs. Don't buy it. The defence are going to come in with all guns blazing, their are going to do a hatchet job on Jason's character, it is going to be tough.

I also out of respect for Jason and his family look down when some of the photos are shown. With that choice I miss Jury and defendent reactions.

I am so highly curious as to what Attorney David Freedman has up his sleeve when the defense's side is presented. I noticed they didn't have many questions for the last few witnesses and when they did they seemed to be beating around the bush. But on the other hand, what can be said to defend such damning evidence? I am very curious about TM having blood on his hands in the police photos afterwards. I was stunned when I saw the crime scene photos and saw what looked like to me bloody fingerprints smeared on the door casing. I wondered if somehow they are going to try to spin their ridiculous story and say they were TM's fingerprints. Did the vile man finger paint in JC's blood after the murder? To be as clean as he was there HAS to be a reason for him to have blood on him in the areas it was shown.

With all of that being said with what has been presented so far, there is NO WAY I could look at Jason's injuries and their lack thereof and not convict them.

Thursday was a great day for the prosecution!! IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member