GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Does anyone know if information will be outlined in court regarding JC's "alleged comfortable financial status".

Assets I have heard mentioned are:

1. The house in panther creek.
2. $60k JC was going to move to Ireland.
3. $80k JC leant/gave/provided to TM

I had a quick look on Glassdoor. This website provides salary information for various employer. This estimates that the salary for a "Plant Manager" with Multi Packaging Solutions are between $84 and $96k.

Glassdoor could be wrong but even if they are out by say 50% then JC was not earning rockstar type money.

Running 2 cars, providing for 2 children and a wife with "concerning" spending habits would not leave much left over.

I started out thinking that Molly was a victim but i have since changed my mind.

The injuries suffered by JC cannot be justified by self defence.

I think that MM had had been bleeding JC dry financially. This is part of the reason why he could not take it anymore and had decided to move back to Ireland.

He may also have requested that TM return the $80k.

Does anyone have any info on other assets that might explain the "comfortable financial status" alluded to?

Thanks to all.

From what I understand Jason was a savvy man, he still had a business interest in his first wife's creche, and so I assumed he would have invested heavily any life insurance he would have received upon her death. This is simply speculation on my part, based on snippets and statements from his family over the years.

Initially I thought there must be some truth to it as it is such an easy statement to disprove...but now I am wondering as so much of the story is being torn to shreds so quickly. I can't figure out if we're missing something big, but things seem to be falling apart so fast, even basic statements are proving false. In a trial where credibility is key, I have to say I am a little surprised!

The best lawyers cant defend the indefensible.

At this stage it looks like a poorly planned cover up. people are being asked to stretch reason to ridiculous lengths.

Hello all,

Does anyone know if information will be outlined in court regarding JC's "alleged comfortable financial status".

I had a quick look on Glassdoor. This website provides salary information for various employer. This estimates that the salary for a "Plant Manager" with Multi Packaging Solutions are between $84 and $96k.

Glassdoor could be wrong but even if they are out by say 50% then JC was not earning rockstar type money.

Running 2 cars, providing for 2 children and a wife with "concerning" spending habits would not leave much left over.

I started out thinking that Molly was a victim but i have since changed my mind.

I think that MM had had been bleeding JC dry financially. This is part of the reason why he could not take it anymore and had decided to move back to Ireland.

Does anyone have any info on other assets that might explain the "comfortable financial status" alluded to?

Thanks to all.

In fairness, that kind of money goes a lot further in NC than in, say, Boston. My employer has a Charlotte office, and several coworkers moved from Boston to Charlotte simply because the cost of living is so much cheaper and property is so affordable.

mod note: Websleuths is a fact based site. Rumor and gossip are not allowed. When stating a fact you must be prepared to provide a link. If you can't link it then you can't post it. Stating "I read it somewhere' does not work here. thanks

Hello all,

Thanks to all.

Didn't TM retire from the FBI? If so, why would he need $80,000? You would think a person who retired from that kind of occupation was set up with retirement accounts and would not have to worry about money at all. Unless he is a gambler or made poor decisions with a property he blew his money on. That part of the "loan" or a financial gift baffles me!

Didn't TM retire from the FBI? If so, why would he need $80,000? You would think a person who retired from that kind of occupation was set up with retirement accounts and would not have to worry about money at all. Unless he is a gambler or made poor decisions with a property he blew his money on. That part of the "loan" or a financial gift baffles me!

Was this $80K ever discussed in MSM?

Thomas Martens is a retired FBI agent. Until August he worked as a counterintelligence officer at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, in Tennessee.*

He was placed on administrative leave after the police investigation opened into Corbett's death, the*Knoxville News Sentinel*reported.*

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ers-struck-Irish-father-two-baseball-bat.html

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

The grip may not be smooth, though, I've seen ones that are more like foam rubber. I don't know if that would affect print detection.

But for the bat to be completely clean of prints is very questionable. Also, the bat was made for a child, I would highly doubt that the grip area was large enough for a full size mans hands.

The best lawyers cant defend the indefensible.
Their defensive evidence is very poor indeed. There appears to be no factual evidence for the defense that supports TM/MM version of events other than the dubious statements given by TM/MM. I'm sure they will have character references and sworn affidavits to support them but at this stage the factual evidence is in the prosecutions favor. I would like to know how factual evidence is weighted against character references and hospital records that are not guaranteed and can be manipulated? is direction given by the judge?

But for the bat to be completely clean of prints is very questionable. Also, the bat was made for a child, I would highly doubt that the grip area was large enough for a full size mans hands.

To be completely clean of prints and yet still have hair and blood on it would make me think it was not wiped.

According to court documents, Jason Corbett transferred $80,000 to Molly Martens and $50,000 to her parents to pay for their wedding expenses, including bridesmaids' dresses, tuxedo and a rehearsal dinner. He also paid $340,000 to buy the house

. http://campus.ie/surviving-college/martens-loses-legal-row-over-husbands-belongings

He seemed to share everything he had with her. Such a shame

To be completely clean of prints and yet still have hair and blood on it would make me think it was not wiped.

The room sas saturated in Jasons blood. They wipe the bat and put it down on the floor. It picks up blood and hair from the floor. Remember TM told the 911 operator that the bat was beside him. She told him not to touch it again. There were pools of blood drips of blood, pieces of scalp. After they wiped it, they laid in down in that mess.

What's the story with Twitter? Why a are they not tweeting the most important witness testimony ?

It is odd but he could have easily wiped it and threw it down in the pools of blood while still having the cloth used in his hand. Who knows what he did with it but zero latent prints is really odd. At the very least the jury should find this odd but all we have is one tweet on this, no idea what questions were put forward on this matter.

In fairness, that kind of money goes a lot further in NC than in, say, Boston. My employer has a Charlotte office, and several coworkers moved from Boston to Charlotte simply because the cost of living is so much cheaper and property is so affordable.

in Ireland banks usually make borrowers take out a mortgage protection policy - this would clear any outstanding balance due in the event of death - at least that used to be the case so Jason would have owned his house in Limerick and probably sold it when moving. Also the yearly average exchange rate between the Euro and US dollar in 2008 was 1.5067 - (€100,000 would be worth $150,000 approximately).

According to court documents, Jason Corbett transferred $80,000 to Molly Martens and $50,000 to her parents to pay for their wedding expenses, including bridesmaids' dresses, tuxedo and a rehearsal dinner. He also paid $340,000 to buy the house

. http://campus.ie/surviving-college/martens-loses-legal-row-over-husbands-belongings

He seemed to share everything he had with her. Such a shame

http://evoke.ie/news/irish-news/jason-corbett-gave-martens-family-80k

This was discussed on previous threads some time ago. My reading of this was that Jason would not have been able to open a US bank account until he had a formal address which would have been after he purchased the house. The transfer was done In May 2011 around the time of the wedding. He would have had to give power of attorney to someone in the US if he was still in Ireland when arranging the house purchase.

What's the story with Twitter? Why a are they not tweeting the most important witness testimony ?

Guessing the reporter are busy listening & taking notes to the testimony. No recording devices are allowed AFAIK so twitter would not be the most important unless they brought with them a 'special tweeter' to do that bit.

$130K for a wedding?

Let me just say that we have lived in the 'Midwest, the South and I grew up outside NYC. It is not the custom in any of those places for the groom to pay for a wedding unless the brides family is financially unable. Molly was their only daughter. They had two homes, good jobs, why did it fall to Jason to foot the bill?

And paying for the bridesmaids dresses? Every wedding...and at this stage of my life we have been to hundreds...every wedding the girls bought their own dresses.

The groom pays for the rehearsal dinner, his own tux. At my son's wedding, we offered to pay for the bar bill.

Jason was extremely generous to these people. Look how he tried to please her. And look what they did to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24