GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=twitter;892104183557607424]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/892104183557607424[/video]

What???!!!!!!!

So no prints on the weapon that TM claims he used. Not even prints from buying it, from the sales person in the shop (if he indeed did buy it prior to visiting), from carrying it into the house. Well well, there is a twist.
Add no prints from any other potential customer at store or stockboy, but most importantly no prints from JC grabbing the bat away from TM as claimed. And it is an aluminum bat so one would think it would attract fingerprints.

I don't think the issue of no fingerprints on the bat is that significant. The bat is made of thick aluminum with a leather, vinyl or rubber grip at the end where it is is held. Those materials might not show prints well.

Also when a person grips a baseball bat the tips of the fingers don't cleanly touch the grip of the bat. I can see how it's very hard to detect fingerprints on a baseball bat.

Furthermore, someone, TM, has already admitted that he used the bat to beat Jason and kill him. Do we need TM's prints on the bat to prove that is the way Jason was killed? I don't think so.

I don't think the issue of no fingerprints on the bat is that significant. The bat is made of thick aluminum with a leather, vinyl or rubber grip at the end where it is is held. Those materials might not show prints well.

Also when a person grips the bat the tips of the fingers don't cleanly touch the grip of the bat. I can see how it's very hard to detect fingerprints on a baseball bat.

Furthermore, someone, TM, has already admitted that he used the bat to beat Jason and kill him. Do we need TM's prints on the bat to prove that is the way Jason was killed? I don't think so.
all you need for prints is a smooth dry surface

Also when a person grips the bat the tips of the fingers don't cleanly touch the grip of the bat. I can see how it's very hard to detect fingerprints on a baseball bat.

We do if it was mm that killed him and tm is a cover story.
Plus imo it's significant if bat was wiped.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Add no prints from any other potential customer at store or stockboy, but most importantly no prints from JC grabbing the bat away from TM as claimed. And it is an aluminum bat so one would think it would attract fingerprints.

Great point! The only reason to wipe the bat is to protect Molly.

If the defense is trying to hint that both MM and TM were hit with the bat...that would have to be the softest touch in history. They are trying way WAY too hard to invent something. I hope the jury is catching on to this.

It may prove who was doing the bashing with the bat. Like Molly?

Hitting Jason Corbett with the baseball bat multiple times, Mr Martens allegedly caused his son-in-law to release Ms Martens. It was at that point, Mr Freedman said, Jason Corbett went after Tom Martens.

In the scuffle, Mr Freedman alleged Mr Martens lost his glasses and feared that he would lose his life. All Mr Martens knew, his lawyer said, was that his little girl was behind her husband and so he began “whacking” Mr Corbett with the bat, not knowing whether he would get back up.Prior to Mr Freedman’s opening remarks, Davidson County assistant district attorney Alan Martin presented jurors with a representation of what the crime scene appeared to be like when a police detective arrived at the house.
https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.iri...room-in-which-husband-died-1.3166818?mode=amp

But no prints on the bat . I can't believe this

Also when a person grips a baseball bat the tips of the fingers don't cleanly touch the grip of the bat. I can see how it's very hard to detect fingerprints on a baseball bat.

Furthermore I think it's also telling that the bat which it has been claimed was the main weapon only had 2 hairs, yet the paving stone had 25...if weapons were wielded as to defense testimony, then Molly played a far larger role than the glancing blow they have stated.

[video=twitter;892104183557607424]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/892104183557607424[/video]

Can the Corbett's re-use this evidence for the civil trial and if so can they then request samples of SM's hair and DNA?

While many of you have followed every detail 100%, I started from the beginning early on then wavered in the previous 6 months. Plus, I have a poor memory. Regarding paving stone...was it speculation from one of us early spectators but I thought I recalled someone saying the paving stone was in the house for one of the children's school project

Can the Corbett's re-use this evidence for the civil trial and if so can they then request samples of SM's hair and DNA?
I dont know. Am about to give up on the tweets.. will have to await news reports. Its not working for me.

Which is ridiculous. What person takes a school project item into the master bedroom?

Exactly...and In the summer, when school is not in session...and in August...when in NC school has probably been out since very early June. Here in SC, school was out on June 1 this year.

Hello all,

Does anyone know if information will be outlined in court regarding JC's "alleged comfortable financial status".

Assets I have heard mentioned are:

1. The house in panther creek.
2. $60k JC was going to move to Ireland.
3. $80k JC leant/gave/provided to TM

I had a quick look on Glassdoor. This website provides salary information for various employer. This estimates that the salary for a "Plant Manager" with Multi Packaging Solutions are between $84 and $96k.

Glassdoor could be wrong but even if they are out by say 50% then JC was not earning rockstar type money.

Running 2 cars, providing for 2 children and a wife with "concerning" spending habits would not leave much left over.

I started out thinking that Molly was a victim but i have since changed my mind.

The injuries suffered by JC cannot be justified by self defence.

I think that MM had had been bleeding JC dry financially. This is part of the reason why he could not take it anymore and had decided to move back to Ireland.

He may also have requested that TM return the $80k.

Does anyone have any info on other assets that might explain the "comfortable financial status" alluded to?

Thanks to all.

Which is ridiculous. What person takes a school project item into the master bedroom?

Initially I thought there must be some truth to it as it is such an easy statement to disprove...but now I am wondering as so much of the story is being torn to shreds so quickly. I can't figure out if we're missing something big, but things seem to be falling apart so fast, even basic statements are proving false. In a trial where credibility is key, I have to say I am a little surprised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meowmeowface143