GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, from the bits we've heard, that the prosecution has clearly shown overkill. But if MM does not take the stand, we've heard nothing about her involvement other than TM portaying her as an absolutely passive victim. I'm concerned that the jury finds him guilty but doubt with her. I hope not, as I believe she was very much a part of it, but I hope the prosecution comes back strong on rebuttal. #justiceforjason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree. There appears to be distinct lack of focus on the paving stone, as if it is just a side issue, when instead blood spatter expert said it was used more than once. I have been waiting for the spotlight to go on MM but it appears it will not. Are her team thinking if they keep their heads down and lie low everyone will forget about her involvement, especially now that the expert says first blow may have been when Jason was in bed? I hope to God the closing arguments weave a coherent comprehensive alternative scenario together for the jury. It is easier for us as we have time to analyse here but the jury are getting a lot of information thrown at time with little time to digest it before the next wave comes.

And the paving stone?
I thought MM said she'd missed when she'd tried to use it...
So, does that mean that TM used the bat, then picked up the paving stone and used it 'multiple times' - as per the blood spatter expert?

I think, from the bits we've heard, that the prosecution has clearly shown overkill. But if MM does not take the stand, we've heard nothing about her involvement other than TM portaying her as an absolutely passive victim. I'm concerned that the jury finds him guilty but doubt with her. I hope not, as I believe she was very much a part of it, but I hope the prosecution comes back strong on rebuttal. #justiceforjason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I hope so too but Tom has said today that Molly told him she used the paver after the killing.
[FONT=&quot]Brown later stated that Molly Corbett “did not try” to hit Jason Corbett with the cement paver. Instead she “succeeded” in hitting him.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“(A cement paver) that she just so happened to have on her bed stand,” Brown said sarcastically[/FONT]
The blood spatter expert said
[FONT=&quot]In regard to the cement paver, James said the distribution of blood on the paver is “not consistent with a single impact,” meaning he believes the paver was used more than once. The analyst also stated the transfer blood stains and hair fragments on the aluminum bat are “consistent with impacting the head of Jason Corbett.”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]On Tuesday, James testified that impact blood spatter was on the bedspread[/FONT]
http://www.the-dispatch.com/news/20170803/judge-rejects-motion-to-dismiss-corbett-case
[h=1]Corbett 'may have suffered first blow from bat while in bed' - expert tells murder trial[/h]
  • Jason Corbett may have sustained blow 'while in or beside his bed' - says expert

Tom says
[FONT=&quot]He told the court that when he entered the couples bedroom, Mr Corbett had his hands around his wife's neck.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Mr Martens said that he told his son-in-law to let her go, to which he replied 'I'm going to kill her'. He said this exchange happened a number of times.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Martens said at some point, Mr Corbett reversed himself and had his wife in the crook of his arm.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He was really angry and I was really scared," Mr Martens said. "I was afraid he would get to the bathroom and that would be the end of that."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Martens said that at this point he hit Mr Corbett, but it did not have any effect.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said Mr Corbett continued to edge down the hallway. Mr Martens said at this point he hit Mr Corbett as many times as he could, claiming that it was in order to prevent Mr Corbett from closing the bedroom door.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Martens said that daughter Molly Corbett told him later she had hit her husband with paving brick.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/bobcostner/status/893548709727830016[/FONT]

Forensic pathologists are often recalled to give evidence of the effect the injuries had on the victim at the closure of the trial and I would not be surprised if this happened here. The overkill here was gross and does not fit into “reasonable force” for self-defense.
I am really hoping that is what is going to happen
Does anybody happen to know if its likely in NC?

Well, we know that the call to 911 was made just after 3am, TM is claiming that he called 911 a couple of minutes after JC went down, but he is saying that it started around 2.30am. That is 30 minutes or the best part of. That is a heck of a long fight.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Molly Martens Time for alteration - Ben Coley tweet.jpg
    Molly Martens Time for alteration - Ben Coley tweet.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 133
The case has all the hallmarks of gross overkill by 2 on 1 prob sleeping and drugged but the verdict is the juries and as we all know they can be unpredictable at best and worst.

Regarding unpredictability, the very first trial I moderated for Websleuths left all of us stunned. It was the Caylee Anthony case. There was overwhelming evidence against Casey Anthony and the jury acquitted her. I never recovered from that one.

I don't know, irishmartin, if I believe JC was drugged with the small trace amounts in his system. But then I am not knowledgeable about pharmaceuticals.

Kitty was the 600,000 life insurance policy the one mentioned during the property grab? That the court said must be transferred to them (as opposed MM's lawyers). If she hadn't made a claim why would the money be with her lawyers or the court?

All IMO

JC death at the hands of Ms' means they will never benefit from any of his estate.

TM must have the constitution of an ox (as well as its sensitivity) if he could make that calm 911 call within 2 minutes of that alleged 'attack' by a man who 'threw him across the room'.
Amazing that he wasn't even out of breath!
His memory does not seem to be of equal strength however. Can't remember if he washed his hands or his clothes
Wow!
All IMO

Well, we know that the call to 911 was made just after 3am, TM is claiming that he called 911 a couple of minutes after JC went down, but he is saying that it started around 2.30am. That is 30 minutes or the best part of. That is a heck of a long fight.
attachment.php

Wow just wow

In my opinion, the defense has very little evidence to prove self defense. TM should be their star witness and he went first. Very telling to me.

In my opinion, the defense has very little evidence to prove self defense. TM should be their star witness and he went first. Very telling to me.

Were you in court today MOM2? If so what is your gut on TM testimony? Many thanks.

[FONT=&amp]Martens constantly said throughout that he didn't know if his wife heard anything or that he didn't remember

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Martens said he doesn't remember if he or Molly washed blood off their clothes[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/893599022144999424[/FONT]

Was SM, TM's wife in court today?

Jc 's body was cool..
Is it possible it had happened much earlier in the night?

Yes I agree but his story has changed . The call went in at 3.04 so a 34 min window that Sharon never dialled 911 herself . The kids never woke up and Molly and Tom weren't able to get out of the room. IMO hes likely to be at least a little generous with timing unless he was watching it on his bloodstained watch that is

From an Irish point of view, there seems to be a lot of anger in the way this man was killed. There seems to be no doubt they were not going to let him live. There is hitting and restraint and there is hitting and battery after restraint

Where was SM during the murder? Where is she today? Where will SM be tomorrow? Could she provide clarity as to what really happened? I am not the first to raise this question in or out of this forum. But the question is relevant is it not?

edmundburke377528.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members