GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking the opposite, I think murder 2 mm VM for tm, he stated his case albeit perhaps fabricated, she remained silent and prosecution were questioning a lot whether he was covering for her.
At this moment she to me is too quiet, it's playing out that baby was put in the corner and daddy tried and imo failed to take the blame...much like her life so far.

Just my tuppance

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Well for one I am so happy for Jasons parents this evening, they have and still are living a nightmare, these are two elderly people, people spoke about TM been elderly what about Jasons parents in their eighties having to endure all this, the heartache everyday at the information of how he suffered and all the talk about DV must have been so hard for them to listen to, they knew their youngest child better than anyone, how horrid it must be to hear his character been taken on social media, newspapers etc, at least tonight even though brokenhearted they know that everybody now knows the truth there never was DV and never was any reason to take Jasons Life.. Not there is any exvuse to take anybodys life..
Rest in peace Jason

My guess based on only what we have heard here:

Deliberations fairly quick.
TM...guilty second degree murder
MM...guilty voluntary manslaughter.

But I kept thinking I'd lost my hearing when the jury came back in the Casey Anthony case...so it's just a guess...and a prayer.

The difference here is that the prosecution didn't go for 1st degree murder as with Casey Anthony's case. They failed to prove motive in that case. They may have gotten her if they went for a lesser charge. I believe they didn't need to prove motive for 2nd degree with MM and TM. I feel like I don't have enough details of what was said and presented in the actual court room to make a guess on the outcome. We are only getting part of it I think.

Why does manslaughter differ from murder? In simple terms the most common that there was not a specific intent but rather a basic intent in other words the accused did not foresee the consequences of their actions. Usual to this basic intent is the accused were reckless to what they done. Examples of such is I gave him a push without thinking to the consequences and he fell over hitting his head off the ground and as a result suffered head injuries which he died from. The defense can also raise issues of provocation and duress as a mitigating factor reducing murder to manslaughter. There is a second form of manslaughter involuntary manslaughter which would not apply here that of where there is an unlawful and dangerous act carried out where there was no consequences foreseen. An example of this is throwing a stone over the parapet of bridge hitting a locomotive and killing the driver.

Well the defence may have done a good job tactical by not protesting too much but Mm supporters absolutely tried to destroy Jason's character when there was no evidence to back it up . I hope they apologise to the Corbetts for the added hurt they caused them through their time of grief. If there were medical records of abuse they would of been presented. There were none because there was no abuse

Well for one I am so happy for Jasons parents this evening, they have and still are living a nightmare, these are two elderly people, people spoke about TM been elderly what about Jasons parents in their eighties having to endure all this, the heartache everyday at the information of how he suffered and all the talk about DV must have been so hard for them to listen to, they knew their youngest child better than anyone, how horrid it must be to hear his character been taken on social media, newspapers etc, at least tonight even though brokenhearted they know that everybody now knows the truth there never was DV and never was any reason to take Jasons Life.. Not there is any exvuse to take anybodys life..
Rest in peace Jason

I was just thinking a few days ago that I was glad that the schools here are on holiday so that JC's children have a few weeks before they go back. All the other kids in their school will have heard details and hopefully the chat will have died down a bit before they go back.

It seems the defense have given up, maybe the forensic evidence is too overwhelming. Therefore I'd expect it to be quick. They may debate a bit over MM though
As I recall a wise old friend onetime advising me of such a situation where there is no solution and to try find one “it’s like cleaning a cowpat by jumping into it”.

Why do they want the will? It was made before he was married to her so what is the significance? Sorry its probably something obvious but I don't get it.

well there are at least 100,00000 (exagg) insurance policies and she is named in several of them.. they should receive those as well.And they were taken out since the marriage.
This is how they rock when the social stakes are high..
defence via facebook, instagram, no onus on defendant to even show up really, was there?
where has she gone now? Beauty parlor?
State should refuse to instruct the jury and increase the charges to murder 1.

The defense does not have to prove it was self defense, the prosecution has to prove it was not.

Closing arguments should be interesting.

In a way, I think it was pretty smart not to "protest too much".

That is legally true. However when a defendant takes the stand to testify in their own behalf, IMO, the burden of proving the self defense claim subliminally shifts to the defendant since their testimony will either wind up being seen as credible or seen as incredible by the jurors. If they do not believe TM then he will be convicted, and most likely his co-defendant as well. That is why defendants rarely ever testify because most of them make lousy witnesses, and do more harm than good to their case.

In all of the other self defense cases I have seen the defendant always testified in those kind of cases. This is the first time I haven't seen a defendant (MM) take the stand while still wanting to claiming self defense.

I think the defense knew whatever they presented in their CIC would only worsen their case, and would result in a rebuttal by the state.

IMO

Maybe the Defense had no choice but to put TM on the stand to testify as they knew they had no other defence
However when a defendant takes the stand to testify in their own behalf, IMO, the burden of proving the self defense claim subliminally shifts to the defendant since their testimony will either wind up being seen as credible or seen as incredible by the jurors. If they do not believe TM then he will be convicted, and most likely his co-defendant as well. That is why defendants rarely ever testify because most of them make lousy witnesses, and do more harm than good to their case.

IMO

But I kept thinking I'd lost my hearing when the jury came back in the Casey Anthony case...so it's just a guess...and a prayer.

i was awaiting your verdict.
i am in a state of cognitive dissonance here and I fear it will not end anytime soon.
I cannot believe it, I cannot understand it and I am also highly suspicious that the m's social standing and work history has played no mean part in this affront.

Mary will the jury stay in a room now untill a verdict is reached? Could they stay up all night? Or do they go home at a certain time and meet again tmrw..

well there are at least 100,00000 (exagg) insurance policies and she is named in several of them.. they should receive those as well.And they were taken out since the marriage.
This is how they rock when the social stakes are high..
defence via facebook, instagram, no onus on defendant to even show up really, was there?
where has she gone now? Beauty parlor?
State should refuse to instruct the jury and increase the charges to murder 1.

I would guess the jury is aware that it is normal for a wife to be named on insurance policies of her husband.

My husband is named on my life insurance, should I be worried?

Are there any predictions on whether rendering a verdict will be quick or lengthy?
Would not dare as there has not even been a trial yet, IMO..

Are there any wS dispensations for venting in a situation like this or have you ever seen anything like it before?

Would love to be in the room with jurors when stone brought up, evidence j was beaten with it, man in the room that takes responsibility for the murder never saw it and only knew when daughter tells him and mm admits she tried to use it but failed

Meanwhile JC autopsy is being reviewed...... If it was me I may be saying, seriously is this all they got

Jmo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

I would guess the jury is aware that it is normal for a wife to be named on insurance policies of her husband.

My husband is named on my life insurance, should I be worried?
I dont know, whats he like?
Does it mean that if he butchers you he will be left with something or nothing?

Well the defence may have done a good tactical by not protesting too much but Mm supporters absolutely tried to destroy Jason's character when there was no evidence to back it up . I hope they apologise to the Corbetts for the added hurt they caused them through their time of grief. If there were medical records of abuse they would of been presented. There were none because there was no abuse

Over the years of reading too many cases like this one I have discovered that almost every female defendant who finds themselves in the criminal justice system charged with murder pulls the domestic violence card out immediately.

At one time when a woman claimed domestic violence in murder trials juries would just believe them because they said so. Thank goodness no longer do jurors live in a bubble and are now requiring proof of such claims instead of only 'she said' with the male victim dead, and voiceless. Often there is nothing whatsoever to support any of their claims. In fact in some cases the female perpetrator turnout to be the domestic violence abuser of the man she later on murdered.

Most in society now are aware that male victims call 911 due to the DV almost 1 million times a year to report DV abuse done by a female whether it is their wife, or girlfriend or ex. We still have a long way to go when it comes to double standards of male defendants and female defendants who do the same vile acts but we are making progress.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member