GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary will the jury stay in a room now untill a verdict is reached? Could they stay up all night? Or do they go home at a certain time and meet again tmrw..
There not sequestered so I believe they would go home after being cautioned not to read or speak about the case.

I think they gave them the will to read to see that she had been ripped from "her" children by his cruelty. And to remind them she has "suffered" enough.

There not sequestered so I believe they would go home after being cautioned not to read or speak about the case.

A copy of Keiths Mc Ginns book might make light bedtime reading while they consider their verdict

I would guess the jury is aware that it is normal for a wife to be named on insurance policies of her husband.

My husband is named on my life insurance, should I be worried?

Ha-ha what options you have is you leave it to your estate and it to be subject to withering taxation death duties.

The paving slab is key for proving MMs guilt imo. Am I correct in saying she gave a statement saying she tried and failed to use it? This is a proven lie. It is almost certain she initiated the attack or joined in at a stage when he was unconscious on the floor. As for TM I would take his testimony with a large pinch of salt. There are probably a few bodges of the truth in there to suit his narrative. If you leave his questionable testimony aside. The physical evidence from independent experts is overwhelming. There is very little evidence that JC was the aggressor. The only thing the defence are clinging to is the strands of hair. Which could also easily be explained by self defence. TM brought the bat/weapon into the room. And then we know he used it on an incapacitated man multiple times. Self defence does not hold water here to any reasonable mind. I hope the jury do the right thing. Finally, I'm curious, Does any non-biased person here actually believe these people are innocent of 2nd degree murder ? I'm probably biased despite my best efforts.

IMO, you're 100% correct re. paving slab, but...
There's been so much information on this site, and it's so hard to unsee what you've seen and unknow what you know, that I find it hard to see from the jurors perspective. They've had streamlined info, packaged by two sets of very professional 'packagers'. I'm hoping the closing statements provide a clear, distinct and believable narrative.

Kitty saw this and thought of you.... we need a bit of lighthearted relief!!!

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1e/6a/1d/1e6a1d6693da548c0aa7d9a61f71e417.
859f66e3c776ef8b309d9ea9ffb1306a.jpg

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Websleuths seems to have gone really quiet all of a sudden. I can only presume everyone is in shock.
Has anyone any ideas what the jury will make of the lack of evidence by the defense?

It will leave a chasm deeper than the Grand Canyon.

I would guess the jury is aware that it is normal for a wife to be named on insurance policies of her husband.

My husband is named on my life insurance, should I be worried?

Does he keep a brick on his bedside table? Just teasing...

I wonder if when the Prosecution brought up Keith Maginn's name yesterday and I believe referred to him as "Keith Maginn,author" ...that was a warning shot about what might come in in rebuttal.

But there is no rebuttal from the Prosecution, that's what worries me.
Maybe it will come in in closing arguments
I wonder if when the Prosecution brought up Keith Maginn's name yesterday and I believe referred to him as "Keith Maginn,author" ...that was a warning shot about what might come in in rebuttal.

I was trying to think of other cases where the defense rested after a minuscule presentation. The only one I could think of was the Bill Cosby trial whereby a detective was called to the stand and testified for only six minutes. In his case the jury was hung and a mistrial was declared.

this lady is late for a beauty appointment, clearly..
[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;894594187840151557]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/894594187840151557[/video][/FONT]

Well I am shocked. Only evidence presented by MM defence team was JC will? No witnesses, no brothers? And no rebuttal by prosecution, well apart from them re-submitting blood spatter expert reports?

Voluntary Manslaughter back on the table, I think the defence are hoping for the lesser of the charges. Thomas Martens IMO did not help their case when he took to the stand.

He was a disaster every lawyer’s nightmare displaying all his contempt not just for the criminal justice system but for his victim and not an apology or attempt to withdraw the demeaning’s he made on JC character. The “not good enough for my daughter” is really offensive and for all his wisdom comes across as really negative for him. Was thinking MM may have made a better witness at least she would cry a lot till I saw her in a recent video shot and she appeared for the first time aggressive as she gathered pace and charged past waiting camera people. This is the first time I seen this mood as it has always previous being so passive. Maybe the M cohesion is falling apart and the fact none of her siblings gave character evidence.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...k-to-ireland-sister-tells-trial-35999307.html

this lady is late for a beauty appointment, clearly..
[FONT=&amp] [video=twitter;894594187840151557]https://twitter.com/AlexRoseNews/status/894594187840151557[/video][/FONT]
Don't know if it's just her natural demeanour but she is just comes across as cold and brazen imo just from looking At pictures, her posts and video through court appreances.

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member