GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it was not, we discussed it on 1st or 2nd thread. At the same time MM had taken to displaying photographs of the childrens' belongings on fb.
The bat cover was photographed as part of this particular artistic endeavor.. Stephen, you know where that photo is..
She had also taken to calling the courts corrupt publicly

She wrote: 'I cannot believe the level of slander, harassment, lies and absolute utter corruption. The truth does not matter.

Shouldn't the truth matter? Shouldn't the truth prevail? Doesn't anyone care about the truth?'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...murdering-husband-orphaning-two-children.html

She showed photos of the bat sleeve and to my eyes it looked like a gesture of contempt for the courts she so hastily berated, then deleted, but not before almost the entire media spectrum caught and shared..
The bat sleeve ws place upon a bundle of clothes, out of place.. but Jason was dead and Molly now had a new target for her ire.
Do people remember the photograph? We shared it here and we talked about it a lot and i have a suspicion thats what warrants sought too, if dates match up?
Photo still on Facebook btw I hadn't seen it before so went to have a look.

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ng-jason-corbett-with-metal-bat-36001205.html

I'm sorry, but, a child could pull this statement to pieces in seconds....utter drivel... :

He is seriously showing false notions of grandeur, and, an over inflated ego, whether it be saving the world (or Miami) in the FBI (Just like Rambo), or, saving the 'damsel - in - distress' single handedly against the younger, bigger, more dangerous foe (his statement over the night in question reads like an old Errol Flynn movie)..you know...just somehow..

Easy questions for the prosecution :

Explain the paving slab.
Explain the blood splatter.
Explain this statement "Mr Martens claimed his son-in-law had his daughter in a choke hold and he was afraid when he saw the young woman stop trying to wiggle." Yet not one mark on her neck, especially given that he states that he thought Jason was going to kill them both.

This is VERY easy for the prosecution to pull apart.

But lets not forget this from TM "
"I would not be able to save her."....Really!!

[FONT=Georgia, serif]I'm sure the prosecution could literally end this trial now, and, spare the family and friends anymore grief.. [/FONT]

Brown also argued outside the presence of the jury that a possible motive for killing Jason is that Jason Corbett had a $600,000 life insurance policy and that Molly Corbett was the beneficiary.

Walter Holton, attorney for Molly Corbett, objected to the jury hearing that evidence because Molly Corbett never made a claim on the insurance policy after Jason’s death. He also said the complete facts about the insurance policy was not disclosed to the defense until two days into the trial.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ed-for-his-and-his-daughters-life-800841.html

December 18...2015...MM's FB.

i have a link if I can post it.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...ng-jason-corbett-with-metal-bat-36001205.html

Again I'm left wondering why SM didn't phone 911 when her husband felt the need to grab a bat to intervene in the altercation upstairs.

Again, its hard with the reporting but to me his testimony reads like a collection of 'key' words, like he has been coached - 'He was really angry' 'I was really scared' ... this does not sound in any way emotive IMO.

And if Molly was screaming at Jason, why did no-one else wake up?

And how did molly scream dont hit my dad as Tm claims, if she was been choked...

Young JC said TM gave him the bat so the history of the bat may be correct in that it belonged to his son but the timing of when he gave the bat and where the bat was before he went to the bedroom is in question esp if a second bat was not found in the garage.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1603/09/ng.01.html

This transcript is from March 2016 when Rita Cosby filled in for Nancy Grace; she interviewed both defense attorneys all about the bat and what they had to say about reported inconsistencies between the sheriffs office and what was being said in the press. Freedman said TM would bring a new or different bat each year. Holton said that in 6000 pages of discovery documents, there was no backup to many of the claims being made publicly. He even asked Rita to let him know if should they find substantiating evidence in the future. Seems like a big fail on this case regarding the Sheriffs office. IMO

How does this make an iota of sense

HE** NO First , TM is significantly shorter than JC. For the bat to reach JC's head with MM between them basic geometry would say that the angle of the bat (\) would hit her head also. IMO

Second, if he is JC is facing TM how could he hit the back of JC's head?

I think this would also insult any hard working juror who saw the beautiful house , expensive clothes , nice life . Fathers often think nobody is good enough for their daughters but her job list includes receptionist at hair dressers and nanny . Not that there is anything wrong with either of those jobs but again I feel he feels they were superior tp Jason

According to the prosecution, Martens told detectives that Jason Corbett “never measured up to my daughter.”

HE** NO First , TM is significantly shorter than JC. For the bat to reach JC's head with MM between them basic geometry would say that the angle of the bat (\) would hit her head also. IMO

Second, if he is JC is facing TM how could he hit the back of JC's head?

Exactly what I was thinking. And remember the layers of fractures, any one of which could cause unconsciousness. And Jason's head sliding down the wall, while the bat is swinging down at him...sometimes hitting the wall.

The journal.ie are saying MM got away when JC grabbed the bat.

'I hit him until I thought he could not kill me': Thomas Martens testifies at Jason Corbett murder trial http://jrnl.ie/3531396

ps I'm new here

Where is the second bat? If, as TM claims, he brought this bat with him, where is the bat that JC (Jr) was using to this point? The one in the pictures? The one belonging to the empty sleeve with JC(Jr) 's name on it?

http://www.journalnow.com/news/crim...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Martens said he took a step to the right and hit Jason Corbett in the back of the head with the baseball bat.

"It seemed like the most effective place to hit him," he said. "I didn't want to hit Molly."

That's because, Martens said, Jason was taller than Molly and he had her in a tight choke hold.

The hit only made Jason angrier, Martens said. Molly was no longer wriggling in Jason's grip, according to Martens.

Jason started to move toward the bathroom and Martens said he followed. He said he had little room to maneuver.

Then they moved back toward the bedroom.

"I get what I think is a chance to hit him," Martens said. "Only this time, he puts up his left hand and catches the bat, perfectly right in his palm."
Brown also argued outside the presence of the jury that a possible motive for killing Jason Corbett was that the Irish businessman had a $600,000 life insurance policy with Molly Corbett as the beneficiary.

"I get what I think is a chance to hit him," Martens said. "Only this time, he puts up his left hand and catches the bat, perfectly right in his palm."Molly escaped at that moment, Martens said, and Jason then pushed Martens with his left hand across the bedroom.

Martens said he thought his glasses had fallen off and looked for them, then realized he had to do something. Molly was by the nightstand. Jason was looking at Martens and Molly, Martens said.

"I decide to rush him and try to get hold of the bat," he said. The two men struggled over the bat, and Martens got control of it. Then Martens said he hit Jason with the bat, again and again, until Jason was down.

Afterward, Martens called 911. He said that he and Molly performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

If the facts about the insurance policy were not disclosed until the trial the defence has their client to blame for that. She must have known she was beneficiary. They should have asked her. And as for not claiming on the policy, surely no ins co would entertain such a claim from at that stage a person of interest in a murder. Hardly makes her a saint that she didn't try to claim. If she gets off no doubt she will claim....

I think the jury must find Martens' testimony as unconvincing as I do. He struck Jason numerous times until Jason got control of the bat and then Martens regained control? And the whole time Jason was hanging on to Molly while choking her? That is not believable. :rolleyes:

The only interesting thing about Martens' testimony is that it is the first time we are hearing someone try to outline a step-by-step scenario of the how the killing occurred. And it is not convincing.

...Mr Martens said he repeatedly struck Mr Corbett with the baseball bat but, at one point, Mr Corbett shoved him away and managed to grab the bat.

Mr Martens said he jumped back up off the floor and rushed Mr Corbett.
Somehow, he said he managed to regain control of the bat from the younger man...

When the prosecution presented their case, they avoided outlining a specific blow-by-blow account of the killing. I think they were hoping that Martens would take the stand and do so and that his account would not sound believable. Martens has done exactly what the prosecution was hoping for.

While Martens was searching for his glasses on the floor after jason knocked him over the uncontrollable mad hulk Jason that he was in such fear of, suddenly stopped and what?? waited for Martens to attack him..He was after been battered by Martens , so he would have used those moments to hit back or run!!!Jason was a father first he would have ran to get his children, If Martens story was true Jason would have whacked him there and than..
Still cant understand how Molly the brilliant swimmer didnt backkick Jason into the goolies...He was naked, that would stop any man..
Whole story is complete fabrication and not even a good story even though they had two years to write it...
IMO

If the facts about the insurance policy were not disclosed until the trial the defence has their client to blame for that. She must have known she was beneficiary. They should have asked her. And as for not claiming on the policy, surely no ins co would entertain such a claim from at that stage a person of interest in a murder. Hardly makes her a saint that she didn't try to claim. If she gets off no doubt she will claim....

So true. No payout when you are indicted for murder.

If she gets off, she can endorse the check and hand it over to her army of lawyers, criminal, civil, estate... for a down payment on all she owes.

AFAIK a person convicted in the wrongful death of another can't benefit from their death. No insurance company will pay out until this case is completed.

I take great comfort in knowing no matter how this trial turns out, there WILL be justice for Jason. Oh, how there will be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member