GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true. No payout when you are indicted for murder.

If she gets off, she can endorse the check and hand it over to her army of lawyers, criminal, civil, estate... for a down payment on all she owes.

I'm hoping she will sign it over to the children. At least most of it. Wouldn't that say something kind about her?

This Toms story [video=twitter;893543689821224960]https://twitter.com/mhewlettwsj/status/893543689821224960[/video]
"I get what I think is a chance to hit him," Martens said. "Only this time, he puts up his left hand and catches the bat, perfectly right in his palm."Molly escaped at that moment, Martens said, and Jason then pushed Martens with his left hand across the bedroom.

Martens said he thought his glasses had fallen off and looked for them, then realized he had to do something. Molly was by the nightstand. Jason was looking at Martens and Molly, Martens said.

"I decide to rush him and try to get hold of the bat," he said. The two men struggled over the bat, and Martens got control of it. Then Martens said he hit Jason with the bat, again and again, until Jason was down.

Afterward, Martens called 911. He said that he and Molly performed CPR until paramedics arrived.

If TM testimony is true and I dont believe it is IMO, then TM and MM had an opportunity to flee just before TM allegedly charged JC. So self defence is out the window IMO.

Wasn't insurance money held by court so she couldn't access it even if she wanted?
It was, but he had a lot of insurance policies.. many more than 3 or 4.. there is a reference to all of the institutions that handled them on the warrants.. Remember going half blind trying to match them up with eachother and how wrongful death or murder could or would affect beneficiaries.. ages ago.

Forgive me if this is a silly question..if the insurance policy was changed before Jason's death with now naming Molly,could it have been changed without his knowledge,it seems very odd that he would leave it to her if he knew his marraige was coming to and end..
we do not know which insurance policy got changed yet.. there were lots of them..

Trying to keep up and TM's testimony is confusing me. Is JC the hulk? That even with a broken nose, multiple fractures to his skull, tissue on MM's pyjamas, floor and walls together with a skull so badly damaged that the paramedics hand was able to slide into it; he only went down at the end?

There was, at the most, 4-5 inches in difference between MM and JC; she is tall - I have no doubt this is why she has taken to wearing flats for the trial. Swinging a bat in a dimly lit room is going to injure her given the height of her.

TM has now confirmed what we all know. MM did strike JC. If this happened whilst he was in the room he wouldn't need to be told. Did it happen before he entered the room? If so, given we know that JC's blood was on the brick and his hair was embedded in it, JC would already have been a bloody mess when TM entered the room.

TM also states he had no knowledge of any instances of DV between MM and JC previously.

TM confirms he has been trained in self defence. He stated when in FBI he told a colleague to 'not let him take things too far' but say he does not have issues controlling himself

(can't link as on phone but all references are from the journal now and independent articles linked above).

Is he doing himself any favours at this point?

All IMO

we do not know which insurance policy got changed yet.. there were lots of them..

Kitty was the 600,000 life insurance policy the one mentioned during the property grab? That the court said must be transferred to them (as opposed MM's lawyers). If she hadn't made a claim why would the money be with her lawyers or the court?

All IMO

[video=twitter;893550948924112896]https://twitter.com/bobcostner/status/893550948924112896[/video]

There is no responsibility without remorse and rehumanisation.
(new word I just made it up, i like it tho)
Then again rehumanisation would require a prior state of beingness.. there is none evident, is there?

Forgive me if this is a silly question..if the insurance policy was changed before Jason's death with now naming Molly,could it have been changed without his knowledge,it seems very odd that he would leave it to her if he knew his marraige was coming to and end..

I don't believe she could have changed it behind his back. He was having health issues. It's not unusual to take up life planning when health is at risk. Maybe the marriage wasn't over?

Kitty was the 600,000 life insurance policy the one mentioned during the property grab? That the court said must be transferred to them (as opposed MM's lawyers). If she hadn't made a claim why would the money be with her lawyers or the court?

All IMO
That was one, but there were lots of them. I think that one was made safe, aftr she withdrew 60k very quickly from joint account in the days following the murder (source-warrants)
I am not sure how or even whether all the others were made safe. It remained an unanswered question throughout

Has she any supporters form her old school during all this time??? I know it's an old question but the silence is deafening from that neck of the woods..

Trying to keep up and TM's testimony is confusing me. Is JC the hulk? That even with a broken nose, multiple fractures to his skull, tissue on MM's pyjamas, floor and walls together with a skull so badly damaged that the paramedics hand was able to slide into it; he only went down at the end?

There was, at the most, 4-5 inches in difference between MM and JC; she is tall - I have no doubt this is why she has taken to wearing flats for the trial. Swinging a bat in a dimly lit room is going to injure her given the height of her.

TM has now confirmed what we all know. MM did strike JC. If this happened whilst he was in the room he wouldn't need to be told. Did it happen before he entered the room? If so, given we know that JC's blood was on the brick and his hair was embedded in it, JC would already have been a bloody mess when TM entered the room.

TM also states he had no knowledge of any instances of DV between MM and JC previously.

TM confirms he has been trained in self defence. He stated when in FBI he told a colleague to 'not let him take things too far' but say he does not have issues controlling himself

(can't link as on phone but all references are from the journal now and independent articles linked above).

Is he doing himself any favours at this point?

All IMO
It appears that way... he's becomming fatigued and the cracks are showing....... just keep talking to him .....probing him.... it's such a tall story he'll vary it and trip up... IMO

There is no responsibility without remorse and rehumanisation.
(new word I just made it up, i like it tho)
Then again rehumanisation would require a prior state of beingness.. there is none evident, is there?

IMO No none at all . I was really nervous for Tom testifying . I feel the prosecution will be happy here . His story doesn't match the blood spatter expert . I think as suggested they have bought one that will coincide with their story . He has essentially landed Molly in the manure as she claimed she tried to hit Jason but failed. To me Tom sounds like he was in control of the situation. No sexually assault suggested so at least that theory can be FINALLY rested . He has insulted Jason his family and his friends , he has spoken about Mollys superiority of Jason . That Mr Fitz was uneducated. I really wish the jury heard that. He oozes in self importance IMO I don't think the jurors will identify with him

I'm not sure how you can hit someone over and over and over...watching them slide bleeding udown a wall, nose broken...and still believe you need to hit them again because YOU are in danger.

I don't think TM can be rehumanized. It's chilling to think that our government gave him authority to use force on its citizens. The job requires control in adverse circumstances. Just like an airline pilot, he can't run down the aisle screaming OH OH OH...just because a scary problem develops with his daughter on Board.

The job requires emotional control.

It appears that way... he's becomming fatigued and the cracks are showing....... just keep talking to him .....probing him.... it's such a tall story he'll vary it and trip up... IMO

I haven't seen any but Jasons primary school friends sit alongside the Corbetts everyday . Not many people can say they still have friends from when they were 5 years old "rude and rowdy" as they may be

He appears rather full of himself. Especially as he believed his daughter was too good for JC. I agree he will trip himself up. He is not as smart, IMO, as he believes he is.

All IMO

That was one, but there were lots of them. I think that one was made safe, aftr she withdrew 60k very quickly from joint account in the days following the murder (source-warrants)
I am not sure how or even whether all the others were made safe. It remained an unanswered question throughout

Grand. I wasn't too sure! Thanx

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/LexDispatchBC/status/893562686130311168

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Coworker -- "I think (Martens) is an honorable person. A person of integrity

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Coworker -- "(Martens) is a calm, deliberate person. I've never seen an angry outburst. I've never seen him do something impulsive"
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]That coworker is now off the stand[/FONT]

He appears rather full of himself. Especially as he believed his daughter was too good for JC. I agree he will trip himself up. He is not as smart, IMO, as he believes he is.

All IMO

Remind me to send him Keith Maginn's book to read in prison.

... have feeling myfox8 is a part of conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway..they own wsj and I think they own dispach too.. shareholders list might be interesting. Have not had time to investigate it fully, did some work on it a year ago or more.. lost the work .. retained a thread of a memory of a significant connection with defence.. Massive company.
I started looking at it when the same tv stations and media outlets kept running with defence stories.. nothing to be done, if accurate, but no harm calling it either.

There is no connection between Fox 8 TV, owned by the media conglomerate Tribune Media and the Winston Salem Journal owned by Berkshire Hathaway, Warren Buffet's company.

<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member