GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a line at the end of that news piece that Jason didn't take his medication. That's the first I've heard about Jason being on medication. Any ideas what's that about.

The defence was claiming he wasn't taking his tablets properly for his thyroid condition as far as I'm aware

"For example, Holton said, Molly Corbett talked to investigators with the Davidson County Sheriff’s Office for an hour around 6 a.m. Aug. 2, 2015. That statement is recorded. Lt. Wanda Thompson, head of the criminal investigations unit at the sheriff’s office, testified about Molly Corbett’s statements."

“She shows you a little piece of paper,” he said. “They (prosecutors) have the burden. Do they show you Molly’s interview? That alone would be a show stopper. ‘Hold on. Something is not right. You talk to this woman at 6 or 7 in the morning for an hour and you’re not going to let us see what she has to say.’”

More false/inaccurate information. Didn't Jason's next door neighbour say that police brought Molly to his house at 5.30am and she stayed for 90 minutes approximately using the bathroom twice.

Due to Jason being overweight, I take it that he has an underactive thyroid which I also have had for a number of years. Missing one day isn't going have much effect. I was in Florida in March for my daughter's wedding and completely forgot to take it for the whole nine days as things were so hectic. Boy did I pay for it when I got back. What you get is cronic fatigue, complete tiredness, unable to motivate yourself to do anything. I don't get jet lag but I had a bad case of it for about a week until the tablets starting working again. How can they prove he wasn't taking his meds anyway?

Due to Jason being overweight, I take it that he has an underactive thyroid which I also have had for a number of years. Missing one day isn't going have much effect. I was in Florida in March for my daughter's wedding and completely forgot to take it for the whole nine days as things were so hectic. Boy did I pay for it when I got back. What you get is cronic fatigue, complete tiredness, unable to motivate yourself to do anything. I don't get jet lag but I had a bad case of it for about a week until the tablets starting working again. How can they prove he wasn't taking his meds anyway?

So if he wasn't taking his meds he would possibly have chronic fatigue and complete tiredness, so why would he be taking her sleeping pills.

The silent assassins. TM would want to make up his mind. Between the screaming, thuds and fighting he heard, mm shouting at jc not to hit tm with the bat, but now not a word muttered just silence.

At this rate a new illness called "Tomolitis" may be discovered in relation to killings such as this. Perhaps an illness where you can remember nothing, heard nothing, saw nothing but you remember being there and remember it was your right to take a life.

Give us some credit....please

Imo

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by stephanddoody This is a detailed account from a person that attended court yesterday this is his opinion and has said I can share . The opinion is probably biased towards getting justice for Jason

Thank Stephan and your friend,
Great to get a detailed report from somebody in court :)

Does anyone know if found guilty, they will move straight into sentencing? My hope is the prosecution will bring in the appalling behavior afterwards (trying to cremate, greed grab, social media campaign, etc) as I've not seen much if any of that brought up so far. #justiceforjason

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;894916466818117632]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/894916466818117632[/video]

Defense points out recorded conversations Martens and Corbett gave to sheriffs the night it happened. ? Why they weren't evidence.

[video=twitter;894918473587060736]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/894918473587060736[/video]

[video=twitter;894917554623459328]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/894917554623459328[/video]

Defense: "What else have you NOT seen?" Builds closing arguments around why state hasn't brought forth statements of accused. #CorbettTrial

Defense keeps slamming state for lack of thoroughness of evidence and expert witnesses. "All you need is one reasonable doubt" #CorbettTrial

I now know what the defence strategy is... talk about the same thing and not back it up over and over again until everybody goes gaga and loses their minds

Sent from my SM-T561 using Tapatalk

Defense questioning credibility of blood spatter analyst state brought in, lack of knowledge, testing and scientific approach. #CorbettTrial

"This case is filled with reasonable doubt. What else have you NOT seen?" First attorney for Tom Martens rests. #CorbettTrial

Defense says only pics of Martens were taken 4 hours after #JasonCorbett's death. "Don't let them (state) use lack of evidence against Tom."

"Thomas Martens awoke from a dream to a nightmare," David Freedman starts off to close out Marten's defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

"All the evidence has shown all Tom Martens thinks about is raising a family, raising grandchildren and protecting them." -Freedman

"Malice in this case is Martens was angry at his son-in-law who drank too much and left cigarette butts at his house." Defense sarcastically

Who was more likely to have snapped that night? Defense trying to build up Martens character and putting down #JasonCorbett. #CorbettTrial

Defense questioning credibility of blood spatter analyst state brought in, lack of knowledge, testing and scientific approach. #CorbettTrial

"This case is filled with reasonable doubt. What else have you NOT seen?" First attorney for Tom Martens rests. #CorbettTrial

Defense says only pics of Martens were taken 4 hours after #JasonCorbett's death. "Don't let them (state) use lack of evidence against Tom."

"Thomas Martens awoke from a dream to a nightmare," David Freedman starts off to close out Marten's defense. #CorbettTrial #JasonCorbett

Pictures were taken of Molly outside of the house. They were taken less than 4 hours after Jason's murder. Procrastination presented the photos as evidence.

Molly doesn't take the stand and the defense is fine with that. But they want to use an interview she gave instead. Trying to avoid cross-examination while still getting your voice out there is a good move but I hope the jury can see past that ploy.

Wouldn't evidence that Jason tried to stop the bat also show that he tried to defend himself? Or was he expected to take the beating they dished out? I don't quite understand how the defense can use this.

Are they clutching at straws and spouting repeated rehersed lines in an effort to dull the senses of their audience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP