GUILTY NC - Jason Corbett, 39, murdered in his Wallburg home, 2 Aug 2015 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news about the verdict! *slow clap*

[video=twitter;895380839583887361]https://twitter.com/alexrosenews/status/895380839583887361[/video]

I meant if they come back with a hung jury, or a conviction that gets overturned on appeal, can the DA up the charges?

Catching up but -Charges can't be upped unless a new element has since occurred (ex- if someone is charged for aggravated assault/battery and tried, and the victim later dies- can charge murder)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex Rose @AlexRoseNews 2 hours ago
@myfox8 @TV3Ireland

"The foreman says the brick being on the nightstand was the first question they all asked (much like many of you) found it peculiar."

He also tweeted he was lined up to try to take a photo of TM and MM as they were transferred to the county jail, which is confirmation that they have been confined and are not free on continuing bail pending appeal (which sometimes happens).

I could not open the website for the Davidson County Jail inmate search.

MM does not yet appear in the North Carolina Department of Public Safety Offender Search because they have not yet been transferred there, but they should show within days.
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi/offendersearch.do?method=view

Catching up but this is not true.

"In Apodaca v. Oregon (1972), the Supreme Court held that the Sixth Amendment requires unanimity for a verdict — but that the Fourteenth Amendment does not carry this rule over to the states, and that even 9-3 verdicts are constitutionally permissible. "

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...4/04/24/non-unanimous-criminal-jury-verdicts/

Thank you for clearing this up. Which states do not require a unanimous verdict? Will help to know as we discuss other cases.

I wonder when SM was diagnosed with cancer? Is this why they both protected her?

Yes! Yes! YES!

kittythehare, stephanddoody, Be true, stmarysmead and everyone posting and reading, thank you for following through on this and keeping us all informed with links and tweets throughout. You have worked so hard on this case.

[FONT=&quot]Molly said now "Children will lose both parents. Jury did not look at all the evidence." [/FONT]#CorbettTrial[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]#JasonCorbett

Delighted with result. Saddened too as I know the corbetts will now only be able to exhale and will now have to deal with the deluge of grief. am outraged at MM audacity in above quote, absolutely outraged... this more than anything else shows her delusions. The kids lost both parents when she murdered her husband and hello.. they have been in Ireland for two years. They were lost to her
2 years ago. Surely jacks statement should Have brought that home...
#justice for Jason. Peace to the corbetts. And we will see what the appeal will bring.

Thank you all for your valuable insights and comradery.

May I just add that that post by ocean blue eyes was profoundly moving and eloquent. God bless x

Just wondering, considering that TM is ex FBI, will he get sent to any special prison or unit or will he be in general population?

Just wondering, considering that TM is ex FBI, will he get sent to any special prison or unit or will he be in general population?
I dont know, thinking the same.. But the courts most certainly did not show him favor, they prosecuted him fearlessly.
It would be wrong if he was given special prison arrangements, morally and ethically, if not legally and would disrespect justice. IMHO.

What a fantastic result today. Fair play to the Jury, they totally got it.

I'm so relieved in particular for Jason's children and his parents as they are all so vulnerable at their respective ages. It's a very important result for them. They have been through an awful lot and can at least now focus on grieving, particularly the parents as they are advanced in their years.

An interesting point the Jury foreman made in the interview was that the most shocking piece of evidence for him was that there was the tissue and blood on MM's pyjamas in such a place that meant she had to be kneeling down on the ground when she was hitting him. Very observant.

If MM said "I did not murder my husband" and "my father is not a murderer" as the media report, what the hell do they think murder is??

Yes, I picked up on that too - the jury were very observant.
What a fantastic result today. Fair play to the Jury, they totally got it.

I'm so relieved in particular for Jason's children and his parents as they are all so vulnerable at their respective ages. It's a very important result for them. They have been through an awful lot and can at least now focus on grieving, particularly the parents as they are advanced in their years.

An interesting point the Jury foreman made in the interview was that the most shocking piece of evidence for him was that there was the tissue and blood on MM's pyjamas in such a place that meant she had to be kneeling down on the ground when she was hitting him. Very observant.

Thank you for clearing this up. Which states do not require a unanimous verdict? Will help to know as we discuss other cases.

The states that allow no unanimous verdicts are:

Louisiana - felony and misdemeanor criminal cases (unless it's a death penalty case)

Oklahoma -misdemeanor cases when punishment less than 6 months

Oregon- both felony and misdemeanor trials (however murder charges require a unanimous verdict)

Hope this helps!

If MM said "I did not murder my husband" and "my father is not a murderer" as the media report, what the hell do they think murder is??

MM and TM did murder Jason. MM and TM killed a brother, son, and father. The received a fair trial and were sentenced properly. I hope this brings some peace to the Corbett's and safety to Jack and Sarah. MM is a danger to the well being of Jack and Sarah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobcatbob