GUILTY NC - Jeff & Tanya Borlase, found murdered, 17 y/o son charged, Deep Gap, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
NC Courts Docket -- as of today:

Court.................Defendant..................................DOB
Superior......BORLASE,TRISTAN,NOAH.....05/11
Court Date......Room....Session....Case Number
03/01/2021.....000C.......AM........19CRS050415

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Calendars / District and Superior Court Query
This does not necessarily mean a trial on this date, as we know, but that it is in Superior Court could be significant since all such trials are held in Superior Court rooms.

Of course, we all are patient, and we'll just wait & see, right??
:eek:...:confused:...o_O

Does anyone have any updates? The last I read he was supposed to have a court date again on January 6th 2021? Is that correct?

Other than the new court date I posted above, I haven't seen anything about what happened on Jan. 6.
Maybe someone else saw something...

And one more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
boots&cats !!

Other than the new court date I posted above, I haven't seen anything about what happened on Jan. 6.
Maybe someone else saw something...

And one more thing:

Welcome to Websleuths,
boots&cats !!
Thank you so much!! I think it was January 6th 2020!!! I was incorrect! I actually went to school with this boy so I’m VERY curious to see what ends up happening.

Oh, 2020, well, d'oh -- :rolleyes:. Thanks for pulling me over to 2021!!
Anyway, I checked MSM, and did not find any updates after August, 2020, which featured a recap of the autopsies -- multiple stab wounds to both victims.
The article cited below (parts of the article, that is) has probably been shown in this thread already, but I'm just coming into this case today..
----------------------------
Autopsy: Stab wounds caused deaths of Borlase couple
  • Aug 21, 2020
The Borlases were found dead outside of their home at 1174 Orchard Road in Deep Gap on April 10, 2019. Their son — Tristan Noah Borlase — was arrested the following day and charged with two counts of first-degree murder. At the time, Tristan Borlase was nearly a month away from turning 18. He is one of eight children of the couple.
[...]
The autopsy report for Jeffrey Borlase noted multiple stab wounds to the left chest and back. Additional injuries included incised wounds on the arms and hands, abrasions on the scalp and forehead and blunt-force trauma to the torso and extremities.
The report of Tanya Borlase’s autopsy indicates that she was stabbed multiple times, including in the left chest, back and arm. Multiple sharp-force injuries to the left arm were “likely consistent with defensive-type injuries,” the report said, and there were blunt-force injuries to the head, neck, torso and extremities. The report noted asphyxial injuries that “could have been sustained during compression of the neck.”

-----------------------------
Autopsy: Stab wounds caused deaths of Borlase couple

NC Courts Docket -- as of today:

Court.................Defendant..................................DOB
Superior......BORLASE,TRISTAN,NOAH.....05/11
Court Date......Room....Session....Case Number
03/01/2021.....000C.......AM........19CRS050415

Source: Calendars / District and Superior Court Query
This does not necessarily mean a trial on this date, as we know, but that it is in Superior Court could be significant since all such trials are held in Superior Court rooms.

Of course, we all are patient, and we'll just wait & see, right??
:eek:...:confused:...o_O
Its very disturbing. I went to high school with Tristan, before he moved to Boone for his Senior year. I’ve been dying to find a website like this since there is absolutely NO updates on him (basically). Tristan was actually a friend at some point. Ran cross country with him, track, he attended the same church as me and he would even be at the same church camps. As far as I could see, Tristan wouldnt be capable of this, until it happened of course. He confided a lot in some students, not ina murderous light but more like his family problems. He was a quite normal kid, and WAS annoying with hus parents for reasonable things. Like the fact that he couldnt have a phone til a certain age, couldnt have social media til a certain age, and wasnt allowed to date until his Junior year of high school. If freedom is the reason why he killed his parents, im not sure why he didnt wait until the school year was over and could go to college, he was a good student, and participated. Honestly, I think he is a sociopath. I dont think this is an exaggeration at all, he seemed so innocent and sweet through everything, never really caused problems besides the normal drama in high school. So i NEVER saw signs, and I definitely really knew this kid. I really do think he created a persona for the public and all of a sudden snapped on his parents without really even thinking of how it ruined his life.
thanks for creating a site like this! Will definitely be returning

can't see any updates that say they have picked a jury

I am thinking that he is going to claim some kind of abuse…
agree, he will likely claim he was abused, but I also think that he may claim one or both of his parents attacked him and he stabbed them in self defence, tied in with he was an abused child and he stabbed them both so many times because he was so scared of them due to prior abuse,

No way this is self defence!!! Two adults attacked a teenager and he managed to kill them both and attempt to get rid of their bodies, and all he had were some scrapes!!! All moo of course.

Day 6: Defense calls first witness in sixth day of Borlase murder trial

defense CIC, so he said his mum put him in a chokehold so he stabbed her, he can't say his dad attacked him as part of the attack on his dad was on camera, seems his defense is part self defense and part mental health issues which meant he was in an altered state when he killed his parents, he is also going to testify against the advice of his attorney

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back