GUILTY NC - Jordyn Dumont, 3, Gaston County, 15 Aug 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, it's my understanding, too, that other members of the family have lived there as well. But we don't know for certain when/if McCullen may have lived there previously. We only know about the time period he lived there with Jordyn's mom and the two children. And even that is assuming the ~October 2015 date is correct.

Yes, it's the newspaper of record for Cleveland County, the county adjoining Gaston County. That paper and the Gaston Gazette share stories and reporters sometimes.

Shelby Star article

She was wearing the clothes he described in the 911 call.

ETA - this is a separate article from the one above. This one is about today's court proceeding.

Thanks for the Shelby Star info, Lovinlife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nearly three months before Jordyn Ann Dumont died, her father says, a county social worker closed a case involving her family.

Living 12 hours away in Wilmington, Ill. and saying he felt ignored in his quests to contact his daughter, Joshua Kinnett asked police to keep tabs on Jordyn's well-being, along with that of the 1-year-old daughter, Angel, who Jaylene Dumont had with William Joseph McCullen.

Gaston's Department of Health and Human Services visited the Bess Town Road home and ultimately completed a family assessment, according to a document Kinnett said was mailed to him at his home.

Social workers recommended that William Joseph McCullen seek a substance abuse assessment and follow through with all clinical recommendations. The letter to Kinnett also recommends the family ensure there is always a sober caretaker for the children. There was nothing legally binding about DHHS's suggestions, as they were listed in the letter as recommendations.

WHY WHY WHY?? DHHS knew there was a problem in that home and they just made recommendations?!?

Could he have left drugs out and Jordyn ingested them? Seems almost as plausible as physical abuse after seeing the call logs and recent articles.

McCullen's next scheduled court date is the day after Jordyn would have turned 4.

Yes.I am not crying but I am consumed by a very visceral rage.

And I am completely unforgiving of anyone who had the slightest suspicion there may be harm who did not do all they could to protect this child and the younger babe.

True story: My adult daughter is not speaking to me because she alleged I was making grave accusations without sufficient knowledge in reporting a family for sexual/domestic abuse of a young child placed in their care.

More true story: I spoke first to a detective and then he had CPS call me. In less than 36 hours CPS removed the child from that family. (daughter did not wait for outcome)

No regrets.

I wish the most vicious and vile things upon the man who did this.

And I hope those neighbors and whomever blush with shame every time they look in a mirror and wonder if they could have saved this precious child.

My other strong opinions about others in this case would earn me a time out.

Seems too few were in touch with and looking out for this little toddler girl.
Totally agree with your entire post. I'm purposefully not posting because I would surely be banned for life if I did.

It's really frustrating to see the news media still printing her name as both Jordan and Jordyn. It's not much, but I'd like to have her thread title accurate...seems like the least we could do. On that note, have we seen any court docs or anything 'official' with her name on it?

Have been offline much the last 24 hours. Has the body found been officially confirmed to be baby girl's? :( Also has the correct spelling of her name been established yet? TIA for an answer to either or both. t

like minds Kay

More from this article. This answers some questions people had before:
Kinnett says that, from his perspective, those guidelines weren't being followed, that he hadn't physically seen his daughter since Christmas 2014 and Jaylene hadn't let him speak with Jordyn in more than a month.

"It was like a 'Hi, bye,' thing," Kinnett said of that last talk. "It really wasn't a conversation."

Gaston County police called Kinnett shortly after Jordyn went missing. He and girlfriend, Lauren DiCosola, hadn't yet completed the 12-hour drive to North Carolina when another call came, this time informing the father that his child was found dead.

Now he wants answers. He wants to know why he'll never get to see his energetic and joyous daughter grow up, get married or even celebrate what would've been her fourth birthday Sept. 7.

"I want to know how she died and how long she was actually there," he said.

Note that Jordyn's real dad knows her birthday, unlike the man who they arrested for her murder. I feel so bad for Josh if he is telling the full truth that he tried to see his daughter and was not allowed by the mom. And it's pretty easy to verify that he was the one requesting welfare checks--the police could set that straight so I think he's telling the truth. JMO.

Right? And the mother had fled there after being beaten! Cmon!

We don't yet know what Mom's role may have been in the tragic death of this child, but it sounds like there could have easily been three female deaths in that house at any time.
IMO, at this time. We should know more soon, let's hope.

This just tears me up.

It's really frustrating to see the news media still printing her name as both Jordan and Jordyn. It's not much, but I'd like to have her thread title accurate...seems like the least we could do. On that note, have we seen any court docs or anything 'official' with her name on it?

I have not seen anything official. Just the Biological Dad saying it is Jordyn. Early info probably came from the boyfriend arrested for murdering her and he didn't know her correct birthdate or correct age either (at first she was reported to be 4 then 3 and he gave the wrong DOB on 911 call). I have noticed the media is transitioning to Jordyn after they interview the father. Perhaps the thread could say Jordyn (Jordan) Ann Dumont for a while so it would show up in a search no matter which spelling people look for? Just a suggestion. Thanks for all your work!

Have been offline much the last 24 hours. Has the body found been officially confirmed to be baby girl's? :( Also has the correct spelling of her name been established yet? TIA for an answer to either or both. t

No official official word from police but it was just reported the body they found was wearing the clothes Jordyn was described as wearing :( And they charged and arraigned the boyfriend for Jordyn's murder. SO at this point I don't know that we will get a press conference where police confirm it was her or not. It seems to already be a consensus by media they found her body. I hope the ME will speak but we may have to wait for trial...

Last quotes I'm going to pull from this article (Shelby Star only gives you 7 article views before they want you to pay for access and I don't want these details lost):
This info was what was on earlier:
Kinnett says he's also provided DNA to see if he's the father of *advertiser censored****, the daughter he's always thought was his but has never seen in person. He says *advertiser censored**** is currently in DHHS custody, though the agency cited privacy laws in declining to talk about the case.
Kinnett says he was dating Jaylene in North Dakota's Turtle Mountain Indian Reservation when Jaylene began seeing McCullen, who was traveling there for work.

And though Jaylene eventually moved with McCullen to his family home near Bessemer City and Kinnett relocated to Illinois, the two kept in sporadic contact throughout the years.

Jordyn's father says he wants whoever killed his daughter to spend a lifetime behind bars thinking about what he's done.

"She means everything to me," Kinnett said. "Ever since she's been born she's been my whole life, my whole influence."

WSOC did an interview with Jordyn's dad. I watched it live and can't find the interview video separately yet to post but here are some additional photos of Jordyn:

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/photos-of-jordyn-ann-dumont/424991233

This one?

Joshua Kinnett said he called DSS three months ago asking them to check on his daughter Jordyn because he lives out of town and was concerned about her well-being.

“It just makes me angry," Kinnett said.

The father showed Channel 9's Ken Lemon a letter from Gaston County that says a social worker found "stable housing" and "good family support" at Jordyn's home.

However, multiple neighbors told investigative reporter Paul Boyd yesterday that Jordyn lived in a violent and abusive environment.

Police confirmed they've been called to the family house 49 times over the past three years.

The letter from DSS said the case was closed May 20.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/father-of-slain-3-year-old-girl-upset-at-gaston-county-dss/425098899

:mad:

ETA: I'm still looking for video.

How long did he live in that house? That call log has a LOT of suicide threats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members