NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent traps the things under sinks that trap objects? don't police departments do that routinely with crime scenes.......take the sinks and drains apart?

Unless they take a page from the Chelsea King case...they do not HAVE to released autopsy results anytime soon, do they?

Unless they take a page from the Chelsea King case...they do not HAVE to released autopsy results anytime soon, do they?

Unless the DA has it sealed (very doubtful), the NCME is required by statute to release the autopsy report for public viewing upon completion.

Arent traps the things under sinks that trap objects? don't police departments do that routinely with crime scenes.......take the sinks and drains apart?

laces....it was trace tappings.
Somewhere upthread it was mistakenly called "trap tracings".

I'm curious to know how many times websleuths have listened to the 911 call. I'll bet some listen to it as much as the detectives have. i have listened to it several times...and woke up thinking about the case.

We've heard that no valuables seem to have been taken. Drug users on crack cocaine are interested in stealing valuables for quick cash. If they were on foot, that would mean things that could fit in pockets or "a messenger bag"....nothing large. Just wondering if anyone heard if any jewelry was taken....contents from K's purse?

It's funny how we go through our days expecting each one to be like the one before. I am sure that is how K and D felt that day.....that nothing crazy and horrible was going to happen. They had it planned out, uneventful. Then some freak decides differently.

I am interested to know what your thoughts are in all of this Ruben. You have been awfully quiet since all of the new info has been released.

I'm here. Just trying to absorb it all. Was hoping the 911 calls & SW would answer ?'s not create more!
Watching the interview w/PF broke my heart.
I do think D holds the key to solving this case.

absolutely more questions than answers from the info put out yesterday, which i did not think was possible...

imagine if you unintentionally, through your addiction, caused your sister's death. Unimaginable pain and guilt.
You were passed out. could hypnosis help bring back the memory of what happened?

Ok, our supper club has this to say (as we speak :D)

With the beer bottles, cutting board ,ritz crackers, diet coke, 2 spoons, 2 drinking glasses and plastic bag corners...the cops know D had company that night. What happened after 3am when D finally passed out?:drink: Did her 'friend' go into KT's room, whack her in the head and proceed to rape her?

thought the ritz crackers and cutting board came from kt's car, the other things you mentioned from the house???

thought the ritz crackers and cutting board came from kt's car, the other things you mentioned from the house???

Page 16 of the Cartier Drive SW starts w/ $59.67 currency and then moves to KT's 2005 Lexus ES (3 items from car)...then on to a 2010 day planner , box of cereral, cutting board, knife, sleeve of ritz crackers...all 5 presumably from the house.;)

okay. never made any sense that cutting board and crackers would be in car - thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding!

With the beer bottles, cutting board ,ritz crackers, diet coke, 2 spoons, 2 drinking glasses and plastic bag corners...the cops know D had company that night. What happened after 3am when D finally passed out?:drink: Did her 'friend' go into KT's room, whack her in the head and proceed to rape her?

It's an interesting take - but would they need to whack her head so hard to kill her. Why did they have beer and diet coke? Did she had a guest or did she and KT have diet cokes and something to eat with spoons and then she had 2 beers. The plastic bags - no clue for me.

don't see sister woman having diet coke. certainly kt would not imbibe after surgery. so who else was there and when?

Seems the "guest" could have easily had D. Why would he need to rape K?
Just thinking.......Perhaps K was calling for D and D didn't hear her, so K got up and saw D and the guest. Threatened to tell and.......
Or K was assualted sexually but not raped. But it was made to look like rape. K could have been assualted with something other than a.....
The male DNA is from the beer bottle, spoon and NOT from K's body. LE ask for DNA from the male neighbors to match it to the items.

Earlier someone mentioned a males voice on the 911 call that D made BEFORE the EMS arrived. I heard what sounded like a male voice for a second. Also, at first D says I need to go unlock the door, there's many steps and then later she says I have to go unlock the door it's not far(not exact words)

D is married. Perhaps her guest is married. If K got up & saw D and guest and drugs. K would've been upset and D and guest didn't want K to tell and things just turned horrible. Maybe K new D's married guest.
Could the sexual part of the assault have been with an object and not a body part.

this is some psycho who would attack a woman with bandages on her head...
very scary and public should be made aware if they have no idea who they are looking for...although i can't imagine not already being scared and cautious in the area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member