NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, LE rarely names a suspect or POI before an arrest anymore. To do so starts a timer and puts pressure on bringing charges before the case is ready. Perps stop cooperating, talking and lawyer up. It's just not good to show your hand before you are ready.

ETA: and then there is all that litigation involved in publicly calling someone a suspect and they end up not being charged.

The sheriff denied Jason young was a suspect 1 week before he was finally arrested after a 3 year investigation. In Wake County, you will rarely see LE name a suspect or even a person of interest ...unless that person flees.

That's key, who are these reliable sources? If I knew for sure that I had a piece of a crime puzzle, I'd sing like a canary...

I think LE knows where she was.

I would hope that the upstanding citizens in Raleigh would help LE out however they could.

"It's going to have to come out eventually anyhow," Morgan said. "When you start sealing documents, it makes the public think you are trying to hide something, and it tends to scare them. You have 300,000 people living in this city. If they know what's going on, they can be a big help."

Raleighrez, the reliable sources are personal contacts of Ruben and JTF. I think others have mentioned hearing that DH was at Glenwood Grill that night too though.

I think it was Ruben or JTF who said that DH volunteered to stay with KT.

Why did she do that ... some other reason for being in Raleigh?

ETA
If the reports of her being at GG are true, and they are from reliable sources ... she clearly was not interested in helping her sister out. So why did she say she'd do it in the first place?

Ruben made that statement.
Knowing what I know now, if true, I think that was very nice of her.

Despite the media saying she is cleared per sources and KT's daughter saying she thinks it was random, you are still hanging on to D as a suspect.
That is surely your prerogative.

I don't know who the perp is. I do know her stories are filled with many holes.
How can you ignore all the "unlucky" coincidences?

i'm with you, ruben. this was not random. if it was, to rephrase an earlier post about dh, kt was the unluckiest woman on earth. AND the rpd hasn't let the public know of a dangerous rapist/murderer on thr loose, so they don't believe it was random, either.

Perhaps it was not random...the cops have not said for sure.
However, Kathy's daughter knows much more about the status of the investigation (including her aunt) than any of us and her latest opinion is it was random. I tend to side with her since she is closer than any of us web sleuths.;)

Despite the media saying she is cleared per sources and KT's daughter saying she thinks it was random, you are still hanging on to D as a suspect.
That is surely your prerogative.

With all due respect JTF, I would think that PF (KT's daughter) would hang on to the hope that this crime would be random, rather than the thought that it might have been or somehow caused by the irresponsibility or addiction of her aunt. That would seem to be far more painful in an already horrible situation, IMO.

I don't know who the perp is. I do know her stories are filled with many holes.
How can you ignore all the "unlucky" coincidences?

Sorry, I don't see what you do. Sure, she may have slipped off for a drink and left her sister alone to me beaten and raped. The car locked and running?
How does that fit into her being a suspect? She already explained to the media about saying the car was in front ...I understand in view of the shock.
The only thing very odd to me about Dina's apparent story is the "family said she may have been raped"..."she may have seen someone". You know the cops have sliced and diced that to shreds. Bottom line is if there was male DNA found on KT (apparently there was), she is not the killer.

And, often, cops really don't share too much more with family than the rest of the community at the beginning of investigations. They can't risk jeopardizing any leaks anywhere. Who knows what the family really knows....

With all due respect JTF, I would think that PF (KT's daughter) would hang on to the hope that this crime would be random, rather than the thought that it might have been or somehow caused by the irresponsibility or addiction of her aunt. That would seem to be far more painful in an already horrible situation, IMO.

I disagree. If the daughter suspected her aunt had anything to do with this, she would not make such a public statement...IMO.
The family would know if the cops were closing in on D or if they were looking elsewhere.

Perhaps it was not random...the cops have not said for sure.
However, Kathy's daughter knows much more about the status of the investigation (including her aunt) than any of us and her latest opinion is it was random. I tend to side with her since she is closer than any of us web sleuths.;)

K has 4 children.

Go to about 37 seconds in on this video for a picture of DH: http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/7331581/

I've been thinking about a couple of things. First, I just don't think it sounds like your "normal" rapist to come into a random house in the middle of a street, konk some obviously helpless woman on the back of the head, rape her and leave. That is leave with only that as your motive. And if it involved drugs - that's always about money. This person would "normally" have taken something of value (cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc.) The other thing that I'm thinking is about the sister DH. If I was close with sisters in a way that meant I could care for them when they needed it - I sure would be horribly upset over the condition I found them in. I would not even consider for a minute discussing with anyone the possibilty of me being cleared by the police. I would be outraged at the very notion and determined to find out who was responsible. And let's not forget how freaked out I would be thinking that possibly someone was still in the house or that my negligence in anyway was the reason my sister was hurt or dead. I feel like DH is hiding something.

susubaby, was it you who said on the other thread you were sure JG was cleared because the media reported it to be true?
Why would the same not hold true for DH? :waitasec:

Sorry, I don't see what you do. Sure, she may have slipped off for a drink and left her sister alone to me beaten and raped. The car locked and running?
How does that fit into her being a suspect? She already explained to the media about saying the car was in front ...I understand in view of the shock.
The only thing very odd to me about Dina's apparent story is the "family said she may have been raped"..."she may have seen someone". You know the cops have sliced and diced that to shreds. Bottom line is if there was male DNA found on KT (apparently there was), she is not the killer.

And if D had not slipped off for a drink & left her sister alone......we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Male DNA on KT does not mean that DH was not involved in any way.

And that is what I want to hear from LE. With a named police source -- name and rank ... not just "Sources close to the investigation" ...

I'm not sure JG has been cleared any more than DH.

Sources close to the case say Holton is essentially right, although no one can be completely eliminated as a suspect at this point in the investigation. They say that is also the case with John Geil, the man who owns the house on Cartier Drive were the incident took place, and was once Taft's boyfriend.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7381692

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member