NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Male DNA on KT does not mean that DH was not involved in any way.

And that is what I want to hear from LE. With a named police source -- name and rank ... not just "Sources close to the investigation" ...

So what are you thinking...conspiracy?
I'll whack her and you rape her?

Maybe she just set her up to be whacked. The rape was all his idea.

I don't know. But nobody is ruled out yet for me.

I think by being "in the clear" for actually killing her sister, she may be...but I still think she is somehow responsible for the person who did kill K being in the house in the first place or at least knowing where it was...either by being followed home from bar or bringing this person with her...JMO...

And if D had not slipped off for a drink & left her sister alone......we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Well that we can agree on.
She slipped off and her sister was attacked.
Maybe lucky for her, as she could have been a victim too.

Go to about 37 seconds in on this video for a picture of DH: http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/7331581/

I've been thinking about a couple of things. First, I just don't think it sounds like your "normal" rapist to come into a random house in the middle of a street, konk some obviously helpless woman on the back of the head, rape her and leave. That is leave with only that as your motive. And if it involved drugs - that's always about money. This person would "normally" have taken something of value (cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc.) The other thing that I'm thinking is about the sister DH. If I was close with sisters in a way that meant I could care for them when they needed it - I sure would be horribly upset over the condition I found them in. I would not even consider for a minute discussing with anyone the possibilty of me being cleared by the police. I would be outraged at the very notion and determined to find out who was responsible. And let's not forget how freaked out I would be thinking that possibly someone was still in the house or that my negligence in anyway was the reason my sister was hurt or dead. I feel like DH is hiding something.

D is not in that picture. That's K with her 4 children.

If I had personal issues with my sister (like those described here between DH and KT) and that sister was having plastic surgery and needed someone to stay with her -- I wouldn't volunteer to do it. I would tell her to find someone else.

susubaby, was it you who said on the other thread you were sure JG was cleared because the media reported it to be true?
Why would the same not hold true for DH? :waitasec:

JTF- Yes, that was me...but in my mind, they aren't the same at all. JG was in Fla. and not around the scene at all. There are hole and inconsistency after inconsistency in D's story, timeline, things she said in the 911 call, said to EMS about seeing someone who may have raped her sister... none of those things add up. Plus she was in the house when her sister was murdered and did not hear a thing. All of those things would make anyone question and wonder about her story, including police. I'm not saying that JG is totally out of the woods yet either, but he was in FLA with his mother and it just seems far less likely that he had anything to do with this. Nothing has been brought up about him, he wasn't around or in the house when this happened, and he doesn't have any random, inconsistent stories to tell about what happened that night. Just looking at the two, I think almost anyone would say it's like comparing apples and oranges, IMO.
I'm actually curious as to why you are now so convinced that D is not involved in anyway....

Sorry Ruben. I thought they implied that the blonde lady was her sister.

JTF, I laugh a bit at how things have changed ...

At one point in an early thread you said something along the lines of "mark my words, KT's sister killed her"...

I realize we know a bit more now ... but I can't ignore that she volunteered to stay with KT and then may have left the house for hours.

ETA
I didn't have it quite right.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Kathy Taft NC School Board Member Murdered

Yes Noway, we do know just a bit more since I made that statement.
Just last week I said I would not be surprised if it was random or if DH had something to do with it. Today's news changed my mind and I really have no doubt DH was not the perpetrator....IMO of course.

Did any of KT's family know she was having the surgery other than the sister?

How did they feel about the sister staying? Did they wonder why she had volunteered?

So many questions ...

I don't think DH was the perpetrator. But I haven't determined that she was not involved.

I would be outraged at the very notion and determined to find out who was responsible. And let's not forget how freaked out I would be thinking that possibly someone was still in the house or that my negligence in anyway was the reason my sister was hurt or dead. I feel like DH is hiding something.

I think it's very likely that Dina is hiding something.

People that drink too much are many times conditioned to hide things, it's second nature.

We got hit with a terrible blizzard once and one of my neighbors told me he was taking out his 4-Wheel drive and would take me to the Grocery store with him. I helped him clear a path on his driveway. Later, he told me in a strange tone that his wife didn't want anyone going with him. I could tell by his tone he was serious. My wife found out that his wife didn't want anyone seeing the booze he was buying and bringing home. Her fear was running out of alcohol.

That family put covers on their recycling bins (no one else has them) and then shielded themselves off pretty well too. I heard once that children of alcoholics feel like the big burden is carrying the big secret - not letting anyone know about the alcoholism.

There is a man involved in this case, but has Dina kept information from the investigators because of her lifestyle? Has she unknowingly influenced the investigation by not telling the whole truth?

clu- I'm still on the same page with you, I think. I still think the theory that I thought yesterday and earlier today makes the most sense of having someone back to the house and things going awry. We'll just have to wait and see now. Hopefully things will shake out a little in the next few weeks.

JTF- Yes, that was me...but in my mind, they aren't the same at all. JG was in Fla. and not around the scene at all. There are hole and inconsistency after inconsistency in D's story, timeline, things she said in the 911 call, said to EMS about seeing someone who may have raped her sister... none of those things add up. Plus she was in the house when her sister was murdered and did not hear a thing. All of those things would make anyone question and wonder about her story, including police. I'm not saying that JG is totally out of the woods yet either, but he was in FLA with his mother and it just seems far less likely that he had anything to do with this. Nothing has been brought up about him, he wasn't around or in the house when this happened, and he doesn't have any random, inconsistent stories to tell about what happened that night. Just looking at the two, I think almost anyone would say it's like comparing apples and oranges, IMO.
I'm actually curious as to why you are now so convinced that D is not involved in anyway....

Foregive me, I guess I misunderstood this post.
I had agreed with your statement on "the media in this town"
Guess you meant something else:waitasec:

Today, 12:04 AM
susubaby

"The attack happened at the home of Raleigh Attorney John Geil. Geil was out of state at the time of the crime, and sources say he is not a suspect in the assault." Qoute taken from WTVD news report online.

I stand corrected. if the RPD didn't say outright, the media did, and in the town of Raleigh, it's pretty much saying he isn't involved in the crime....

If D didn't bring someone home, then she must have left the door unlocked when she went out again. Someone slipped in the house, attacked KT, and left.

When D came back to the house she must not have immediately checked on KT. She went upstairs at 3. Later she heard a noise (this doesn't make sense timewise) and went downstairs and listened at KT's door.

I have never heard the full 911 call from DH. The one I listened to was from one of the news stations and it only went to the part where she is trying to give directions to the dispatcher. Anywhere else I've looked the links don't work. Does anyone know where it can be heard in full? Thanks.

I've been thinking the same thing about the rape...what type of person gets any pleasure from attacking someone whose face is covered in bandages and who is likely drowsy from pain meds? The sad thing is there are sickos out there who get their kicks from targeting helpless people such as serial rapists of elderly people and children. If rape is about power, it seems odd that they would target people who have so little power to begin with. Given the fact that the DNA has not been identified as a previous offender and that the crime is sloppy (DNA left behind), perhaps it was a first time offender. He started out by breaking into the house down the street earlier in the week and then caught a glimpse of a helpless KT being led into the house after surgery, waited for D to leave and then snuck in. Like someone else mentioned, he may have been too scared after the rape/assault to steal anything after realizing what he had done and just wanted to get out of there. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a younger offender - teenager or in his young twenties - who had no idea who KT was.
Just an idea...

If D didn't bring someone home, then she must have left the door unlocked when she went out again. Someone slipped in the house, attacked KT, and left.

When D came back to the house she must not have immediately checked on KT. She went upstairs at 3. Later she heard a noise (this doesn't make sense timewise) and went downstairs and listened at KT's door.

Touche' diphi :woohoo:

Looks like I am the lone ranger here that actually thinks DH may be totally innocent.I guess we will find out soon enough.
I have to think RPD will have a news conference soon.
Maybe they are still waiting on some of the male DNA results before telling the public their thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop