NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JTF- No, you didn't misunderstand my former post at all on the JG "media" posting. And the media does have a lot of influence with it's sources etc. But, in this case, IMO, these two particular people are like comparing apples and oranges. I have explained my opinion above. Again, JMOO.

Touche' diphi :woohoo:

Looks like I am the lone ranger here that actually thinks DH may be totally innocent.I guess we will find out soon enough.
I have to think RPD will have a news conference soon.
Maybe they are still waiting on some of the male DNA results before telling the public their thoughts?
I'm with you JTF. I totally thought she was guilty at first, but with everything we keep learning it seems like D may be guilty of poor judgment and an addiction problem.

jmt- I think WRAL still has a link up where you can hear the full 911 call....

It must be my computer. It just showed a red X - like it wasn't there. Thanks diphi.

Wasn't there a murder in Carey this last weekend?? perhaps DNA on that Perp matches KT Perp DNA - could that be why D cleared.??? just thinkin' ...

JTF- No, you didn't misunderstand my former post at all on the JG "media" posting. And the media does have a lot of influence with it's sources etc. But, in this case, IMO, these two particular people are like comparing apples and oranges. I have explained my opinion above. Again, JMOO.

Both articles referred to "sources".
In fact the DH source was said to be "close to the investigation".
JG could have paid for a hit just as DH could have killed KT
I don't see they are apples and oranges at all.
The media says they are both cleared...personally I believe the reports.

LOL ... and I thought she innocent at first, and was being attacked ... and now I want answers to what I see as questionable behavior.

Maybe it will all boil down to drugs, alcohol and very poor judgment.

I don't guess there is much chance of her coming her and answering my questions, so I'll have to be patient ...

Wasn't there a murder in Carey this last weekend?? perhaps DNA on that Perp matches KT Perp DNA - could that be why D cleared.??? just thinkin' ...
I think that murder was a gun shot wound following an argument outside an apartment building. I would bet no DNA was left at the scene, but not sure. Good idea though!

IMO cleared means "cleared for the time being" nothing else. because now is now & later can mean "cleared" gets changed. & "cleared" could bring in new evidence by "cleared" person being relaxed.

if D had an unknown guest, would he not worry about being identified and leave her unharmed?
Good point.
I am thinking he did not intend to kill anyone. He hit KT to keep her quiet. He slipped out of the house, and evidently thought the sister was no threat to him. She may have been plastered by the time she went to bed. In the morning, she really did not remember about the car at first...she probably remembered it when EMS arrived....and that is probably when she remembered the whole sorry night, and put two and two together. You can hear her agony on the 911 call, it hits her right about the time she lets EMS in the door. She thought the door was locked, but was it really?

"Don't get up, I'll let myself out."

Misty Crawford Coslin in Florida insisted several times that she had been cleared of suspicion & had passed a polygraph in the disappearance of her boyfriend's daughter, Haleigh..... just sayin.

Thanks to everyone for the lively discussions & insightful posts. I must say, I have entertained some unorthodox ways male DNA came to be found on KT. From the few KNOWN FACTS, anything is possible.

IMO cleared means "cleared for the time being" nothing else. because now is now & later can mean "cleared" gets changed. & "cleared" could bring in new evidence by "cleared" person being relaxed.

Well, until the male killer/rapist is caught with a DNA match.......

LOL ... and I thought she innocent at first, and was being attacked ... and now I want answers to what I see as questionable behavior.

Maybe it will all boil down to drugs, alcohol and very poor judgment.

I don't guess there is much chance of her coming her and answering my questions, so I'll have to be patient ...

Well we are even then.
I thought she was totally guilty .
I too would love to know about her questionable behavior.
It will make for interesting conversation, but I don't think it will help us figure out who killed and raped KT.

Like I said before, I'm more than willing to explore all posibilities. Still, there are too many questions surrounding D that I cannot ignore just because sources close to the case say she is cleared.

It intrigues me that the police are not saying anything. Why do we have secret sources saying she is cleared - why don't the police say it? If it was a random killer, how come they aren't discussing this with the public? Seems like if they wanted D to relax they would be playing up the random killer aspect. I don't think they have cleared anyone.

And, why can't we get a picture of her?

I'm waiting to hear what the police have to say - of course, I may be waiting a long time.

I'm with you JTF. I totally thought she was guilty at first, but with everything we keep learning it seems like D may be guilty of poor judgment and an addiction problem.

Count me in with the two of you. I agree, poor judgment probably due to being impaired....it is very sad. I thought at first, with the little information we had, that it had to be D., but not after the SW and 911 call releases. I think there was an outsider, who D did not know, who took advantage of the situation. If I lived in the neighborhood, i can imagine I would really be uncomfortable. I wish they would release the photograph of the person of interest from the HT store. It's a shame we cannot trust people we don't know anymore.

Go to about 37 seconds in on this video for a picture of DH: http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/video/7331581/

I've been thinking about a couple of things. First, I just don't think it sounds like your "normal" rapist to come into a random house in the middle of a street, konk some obviously helpless woman on the back of the head, rape her and leave. That is leave with only that as your motive. And if it involved drugs - that's always about money. This person would "normally" have taken something of value (cash, credit cards, jewelry, etc.) The other thing that I'm thinking is about the sister DH. If I was close with sisters in a way that meant I could care for them when they needed it - I sure would be horribly upset over the condition I found them in. I would not even consider for a minute discussing with anyone the possibilty of me being cleared by the police. I would be outraged at the very notion and determined to find out who was responsible. And let's not forget how freaked out I would be thinking that possibly someone was still in the house or that my negligence in anyway was the reason my sister was hurt or dead. I feel like DH is hiding something.
something about this post keeps coming back to my thoughts... I really have to agree here. we have not heard a peep out of D except now her bragging rights that she has been "cleared" -- if that was your sister & this happened on a night you were in charge taking care of her & you did not have anything to do with what happened wouldn't you fight like a MAD DOG working to find out WHO it was that you may have seen or that you may have "known" ? Wouldn't you be on TV SOBBING & talking to anyone that would hear you that you want to find the perp??? or would you just go and politely say "I've been cleared" sounds kinda' self centered to me.

There is a man involved in this case, but has Dina kept information from the investigators because of her lifestyle? Has she unknowingly influenced the investigation by not telling the whole truth?

Certainly, but it's not "unknowingly". She knows, and LE knows. :liar:

something about this post keeps coming back to my thoughts... I really have to agree here. we have not heard a peep out of D except now her bragging rights that she has been "cleared" -- if that was your sister & this happened on a night you were in charge taking care of her & you did not have anything to do with what happened wouldn't you fight like a MAD DOG working to find out WHO it was that you may have seen or that you may have "known" ? Wouldn't you be on TV SOBBING & talking to anyone that would hear you that you want to find the perp??? or would you just go and politely say "I've been cleared" sounds kinda' self centered to me.

If I were a suspect I would not say anything. If a member of my family was a suspect I would not say anything. So, the daughter has made a comment giving her thoughts. This indicates the family is moving into a different mind-set - away from total shock and grief. It will be interesting to see if the family begins to be more vocal about finding the killer.

ETA: You can be sure the family, including D, has access to the best legal minds in the state. "On the advice of my attorney..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop