NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone please go to the link below & carefully listen to what the reporter & D say.

The reporter says....D told reporter that K would've died anyway.....even if she'd been found hours earlier!!! Are ya kiddin me????

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index
Calm down ruben. You are going into a frenzy over your obvious dislike for the victim's sister.
She and all the family were told at the hospital, KT was brain dead due to a severe blow all the way to the brain stem. She simply implied there was nothing that could have saved her, even if she found her shortly after the attack. If she was in fact doing drugs and alcohol, anything she says now about that night/morning could be far off base. It seems the cops have forensic evidence for the rapist/killer and are working hard to bring him to justice.

~~~snipped

With the plastic bag corners (supposedly used to hold drugs) - someone in that house used drugs. Why would the perp leave bag corners behind? Drug deal gone bad? I find it hard to believe DH was a druggie but in today's world nearly anything is possible.

Well, ruben claims to know DH and has said being a drug abuser is a definite possibility.

Can someone provide the link they used recently to listen to the 911 call from D. All of the ones I click on will not allow me to listen to the entire tape. I have gone to WTVD, won't play at all, WRAL plays a little, NC Wanted, won't play at all, WITN, plays a snippet! What's the deal? This is really odd.

Don't know exactly Susubaby, just reporting first impressions.

Maybe she wasn't with KT in the beginning of that call, for someone with much better audio and ears than me.

Seems to me the Police may be entering a danger zone. They withheld info and kept everything hush-hush, but they run the risk of having this seep into the background and go on the shelf.

They may be asking for help and interest from the public, and may release info to generate interest and leads at some point this year.

My sense is they made some wrong turns early on in this investigation.

/

Oh my soul!!! According to a few, we're suppose to trust the media and their sources???? On the link below, this is the EXACT words they have as the caption for KT murder case....."Police solve break-in near Taft murder scene"
It's solved????? So.....who did it?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/index

No ruben, not a 'few'.
I'm pretty sure I am the only one that said I believed WRAL and WTVD when they said their sources 'close to the case' confirmed DH has been cleared by the cops.

BTW, what is your point of your post?:waitasec:
It appears to me the cops have solved the break-in that occurred days after the murder and "have identified a suspect"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7384257

No ruben, not a 'few'.
I'm pretty sure I am the only one that said I believed WRAL and WTVD when they said their sources 'close to the case' confirmed DH has been cleared by the cops.

BTW, what is your point of your post?:waitasec:
It appears to me the cops have solved the break-in that occurred days after the murder and "have identified a suspect"

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7384257

It only plays about a minute and cuts off. I wonder why. Some of the others do as well. I have listened to it before. NC Wanted will not play at all. I'm confused.

Prancy- I just listened to the call again a few minutes ago...just go to the WRAL website, and just go to any page that has to do with KT. You can even google it. THen, on the right hand side there are things posted in blue, and under audio there is the 911 call made by D. It takes a couple of minutes to upload, but the whole call is there. NOT NCWanted, just plain ole WRAL.com

I am so with you on this ruben321!!! I find it extremely difficult to believe a "soulmate sister", even one possibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs would be so negligent.

~~snipped

Soulmate sister? What info do you have to dispute that?
Lets not forget KT chose to buy a condo right next door to her sister just 2 years ago. She also confided in her that she was having a 'secret' neck lift and asked her to be her nurse maid, driving 3 hours and staying for several days.

Drunk and high people are often very negligent and dismiss responsibility.

Well, ruben claims to know DH and has said being a drug abuser is a definite possibility.

Now, now JTF....why get personal. I never said I disliked D and I don't recall claiming I know or don't know D. I'm only responding to what D has said. Alcohol...yes. Drugs...may or may not.

Let's have a friendly, respectful debate. No need for personal attacks.

I'll accept just ONE thing D has said that makes sense. Give me ONE JTF.

Ya think D owns a White Ford Bronco.....

For the record, I've listened and listened to the 911 call with earbuds. I'm sticking to my belief that she said, "WE went upstairs about 3."

Prancy- I just listened to the call again a few minutes ago...just go to the WRAL website, and just go to any page that has to do with KT. You can even google it. THen, on the right hand side there are things posted in blue, and under audio there is the 911 call made by D. It takes a couple of minutes to upload, but the whole call is there. NOT NCWanted, just plain ole WRAL.com

It must have been my computer. I had to click on something else to get it to play. Anyway, I played it in its entirety twice. I have some questions.

1. Is there any chance this tape is spliced? It sounds like there are breaks in the tape where it stops and picks back up. Was she on a land line or a cell. A cell could have been going in and out.

2. What is that noise in the background that starts almost at the end? I can't tell what it is. It doesn't sound like either one of their voices. It's almost like a dog growling. Was there a dog in the house?

3. Why would D be so shocked that the operator said to put KT on her back? It's like she is in total disbelief that she would be requested to do this.

4. D says she can't get KT up. Why would you try to get someone up who is covered in blood? Wouldn't you want them to stay lying down?

5. NOTE: When the 911 operator said to D that she had some questions for her, her voice jumped into very serious, nonemotional tone. She says okay, in almost a casual manner.

6. Towards the end she says I went outside and WE went upstairs around 3:00. There has been a lot said of this, but I hear her say WE went upstairs at 3:00.

7. She does start crying and all emotional when paramedics arrive, very unlike her tone when she first starts the call. I would think she would feel better now that she knows KT is breathing.

I'm not saying D was responsible for the death, I'm just asking some reasonable questions about some oddities in the tape. I think that is appropiate.

Now, now JTF....why get personal. I never said I disliked D and I don't recall claiming I know or don't know D. I'm only responding to what D has said. Alcohol...yes. Drugs...may or may not.

Let's have a friendly, respectful debate. No need for personal attacks.

I'll accept just ONE thing D has said that makes sense. Give me ONE JTF.

Ya think D owns a White Ford Bronco.....

ruben, have I attacked you?
Heck no, I was just responding to a few of your posts with a different "spin".
:HBwhiteflag:

Your personal picture of DH gave me the impression you knew her?

I already said I believe she was drunk/high.
Why would anything she said make sense?

Prancy -

Certain things have been redacted to comply with public records law. Like KT's name spoken by the 911 operator, for example.

For the record, I've listened and listened to the 911 call with earbuds. I'm sticking to my belief that she said, "WE went upstairs about 3."

I listened too and I'm sticking to my belief that she said "I went upstairs about 3"

I just posted about it. That IS what she says. Now we just need to know who is the person she went upstairs with or was there a pet she is referring to.

I am thinking that the house address was written on the notes....i picture sis reading off a piece of paper when she was talking to 911. I don't think she ever said the name, "Cartier"...she always spelled it out. :twocents:

I am thinking that the house address was written on the notes....i picture sis reading off a piece of paper when she was talking to 911. I don't think she ever said the name, "Cartier"...she always spelled it out. :twocents:

Very possible.
I imagine she had the address written down and in her purse.
Before she called 911, she would naturally have grabbed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop