Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/7393525/

2:06 is the "snore" info. Remember she told others at the hospital she heard her snoring in the night when she checked on her. How would she have remembered she said the same thing in the 911 call? She said that as an answer to 911.

5:35 "I went upstairs about3"

Sorry guys, I think the 911 is very normal, considering the circumstances.
She became very emotional at the end when she finally realized the gravity of her condition when she turned her on her back.

I heard what you were talking about and added it to the transcript. i believe you all are right. She did say, "she's a mess." thanks

missed that on SW. Strange - don't know if I would put pain meds in a divider. Think about one of those being used for more maintenance drugs. I would also think if it was a scheduled drug or narcotic it would be specifically spelled out - kind of like the exact change with the money listed on the SW.

missed that on SW. Strange - don't know if I would put pain meds in a divider. Think about one of those being used for more maintenance drugs. I would also think if it was a scheduled drug or narcotic it would be specifically spelled out - kind of like the exact change with the money listed on the SW.

That's true; I've done that myself. Special, short-term meds may not be put in a divider. Maybe she even got them at the Dr. and didn't have pill bottles?

I will listen again to the audio...but i am not going to insert what i do not hear in the transcript that i made. There are some overlaps in the voices, but i tried to make it as clear as possible without leaving out information. NC wanted works great for me.

That's true; I've done that myself. Special, short-term meds may not be put in a divider. Maybe she even got them at the Dr. and didn't have pill bottles?

possibly but they have to be labeled even if dispensed by plastic surgeon.

LOL

But we're all in agreement it is "gauze" and not "shawl"?

I don't know how D can be cleared with all the inconsistencies in her statements. The cops are bound to think she was somehow complicit but not necessarily the killer. What is D going to add or change next? We don't know but the cops surely are paying attention.

Kathy was friends with the Governor as well as other elected officials. The DA's wife I believe was on the board with her. You would think with all these connections that pressure on the cops to get the killer would be paramount. I just hope that if D is involved that it's not covered up to protect the reputation of the family. I hope they find the killer whoever he may be.

I also hope this doesn't turn into a cold case because it's a first time offender and there's no database of DNA for the perp. The neighbors probably aren't sleeping at night. I hope they've hired a private patrol. I know I wouldn't sleep if this happened on my street.

Aren't there a bunch of apartments or condos over near the Harris Teeter? Maybe the perp lived over there. Maybe the cops should take DNA from men over there as well as people in the neighborhood. Someone in the neighborhood is not likely to go around whacking women in the middle in the night.

"She was so upset, she didn't want to face the camera"

No doubt she did not want to be interviewed on camera and it was likely suggested as a compromise by the TV crew.

Maybe she was self conscious of her 'ruddy complexion', thinking people would immediately start comparing her to KT's beauty?

I don't know how D can be cleared with all the inconsistencies in her statements. The cops are bound to think she was somehow complicit but not necessarily the killer. What is D going to add or change next? We don't know but the cops surely are paying attention.

Kathy was friends with the Governor as well as other elected officials. The DA's wife I believe was on the board with her. You would think with all these connections that pressure on the cops to get the killer would be paramount. I just hope that if D is involved that it's not covered up to protect the reputation of the family. I hope they find the killer whoever he may be.

I also hope this doesn't turn into a cold case because it's a first time offender and there's no database of DNA for the perp. The neighbors probably aren't sleeping at night. I hope they've hired a private patrol. I know I wouldn't sleep if this happened on my street.

Aren't there a bunch of apartments or condos over near the Harris Teeter? Maybe the perp lived over there. Maybe the cops should take DNA from men over there as well as people in the neighborhood. Someone in the neighborhood is not likely to go around whacking women in the middle in the night.

Despite what some say about that immediate area, there are numerous rentals as well as a older 'lower rent' apartment complex right across Oberlin that could very well house such a person of interest.

What did the neighbor, Mr Andrews....retired sanitation worker say?

"This breaking and entering here, you know, has just got me so angry that, you know, I mean, I'm a man of little means," Andrews said.

Despite what some say about that immediate area, there are numerous rentals as well as a older 'lower rent' apartment complex right across Oberlin that could very well house such a person of interest.

What did the neighbor, Mr Andrews....retired sanitation worker say?

"This breaking and entering here, you know, has just got me so angry that, you know, I mean, I'm a man of little means," Andrews said.

I've thought about mr. andrews more than once - but i'm trying to keep an open mind and not profile or stereo-type

JTF- This is true- there are many rentals around and on the street that this crime happened on. As far as rent goes though, it is still pretty high, considering what you get and the shape some of these places come in...before I became a homeowner, years ago, i lived in the neighborhood the crime occurred in, and my rent was high then, over $700 a month for a crappy 2 bedroom apt. Little houses in that neighborhood rent for $800-$900 a month. There are some apts. across the street, and I would assume they are close to $600 or so a month as well. The condos are pretty untouchable in price and are not for rent, only sale. All that being said, most of the people who do rent across the street on Oberlin are young, so you never know. And that's not to say that someone who has tons of $ couldn't have committed a crime like this either. People do kill for strange things, and especially for drugs...and it ain't cheap to do coke. Just sayin' and I"m not sayin' that's what was going on, but if drugs were part of the reason this happened, you never know who could have gone crazy for some....IMO

I assumed she didn't want to appear before the camera because she was afraid, not of being compared to KT's "beauty" but because the killer might then know what she looked like.

(Assuming for this post that she is in no way involved.)

I can quote DH as saying at the hospital, "I was asleep on the sofa. I woke up and THINK I saw someone running on the stairs. I got up and went on the porch (or deck..not sure which word she used) and didn't see anything. I realized the door was unlocked and locked it. I checked on K and heard her snoring so I went back the sleep." Naturally my first response was ..you THINK you saw another person in the house and went back to sleep?????? She made that statement the day K was taken to the hospital. 2 days later she said, "I am sure I saw someone. It could have just as easily been me if they had seen me on the sofa."
Now, why did she say "footsteps" as opposed to actually seeing someone. Why didn't she mention that in the 911 call? Either she is confused about what she has said to whom..or she truly doesn't remember what happened. I hesitated posting this because I do not want to add fuel to a fire that may point fingers unjustly, but as I read all these posts I think this info might add a little...even if it's just added confusion.

I assumed she didn't want to appear before the camera because she was afraid, not of being compared to KT's "beauty" but because the killer might then know what she looked like.

I can't imagine for any good reason why she couldn't face the camera. She's not a mafia informant. If she was followed by someone they already know what she looks like (and she doesn't live anywhere near the crime.) She's not hiding from the media. They obviously know what she looks like. Her family knows what she looks like. Her name is everywhere - so anyone who knew her before knows what she looks like. I think she's not facing the camera for 2 reasons: 1. Can't fake enough emotion. 2. Doesn't want to be recognized by your average joe in the mall. Oh there may be a third reason - being recognized by someone else who could place her other places that night. Makes you think.:waitasec:

I've thought about mr. andrews more than once - but i'm trying to keep an open mind and not profile or stereo-type

Probably because he was quoted more than once by the media.
Not saying Cartier dr is full of "sanitation workers of little means".
He just happens to be one.

Maybe the case.
She knows there is a sicko on the loose and who knows......?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop