NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to navigate through the court website. If anyone has more luck then me ... please do post anything you find. LOL

I have been looking on the court calendar all day and nothing posted yet, but should be up at least in a day or so. Think he probably had to go before the judge first before posting on the calendar.

JTF - Please forgive me for asking if the answer has been stated somewhere in the thousands of posts on this topic:

Are you in contact with someone with inside knowledge of the details of this crime?

And isn't THAT a loaded question......:Banane27:

This arrest and apparent resolution of this crime has me speechless...I will no longer assume anything...(I say that now...)

I understand what you mean. Our minds are wonderful machines, but its so crazy how you can get a thought and run with it, going off in an entirely different direction from the truth! And the more, the merrier....give me a couple of people who agree with me, and I AM ON A ROLL....:rolling::takeabow:
....to be positive: to be wrong at the top of your lungs!

laces

Interesting.
Wake County Grand Jury?

No. Charlotte-Mecklenburg. (NC) I'm assuming the processes are the same, but you know what they say about assuming. The suspect must be indicted on all charges before a trial. We heard the evidence and decided which charges, if not all, to include in the indictment.

He is married...the girl is gorgeous.
She was kissing his wedding band chained to her neck.

Her name is JF.

No. Charlotte-Mecklenburg. (NC) I'm assuming the processes are the same, but you know what they say about assuming. The suspect must be indicted on all charges before a trial. We heard the evidence and decided which charges, if not all, to include in the indictment.

Interesting.
In this case, the GJ has not heard the case yet.

The attorney from Greenville (excuse irony) Ernest Conner is THE best DNA evidence attorney in the state. He was responsible for helping the wrongly accussed Duke Lacross players being COMPLETELY exonorated. He is part of a group of NC attorneys that defends indigent defendents for capitol murder cases. He knows the Taft family extremely well.

No. I live in Raleigh and heard many rumors, mainly from sources in Greenville.
However, I did get an e-mail forwarded to me from a very close family friend of the Taft family. Some of the 'details' I refer to were taken from this early e-mail.
Most have been confirmed by media accounts...locking keys in car at HT, hearing a noise in the night and checking on KT, ect.

THANKS for the answer to my question JTF. I appreciate the info.

The record from 2001 shows he broke into a neighbor's home almost next door to where he used to live. A 58-year-old woman and granddaughter were inside, but unharmed.

"That's a repeat offender type thing," Williford's neighbor Julie Elkin said. "The similarities between that crime and this one are creepy."

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7393281

He is married...the girl is gorgeous.
She was kissing his wedding band chained to her neck.

Her name is JF.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7393281

Williford's parents sat on the second row of the small courtroom, along with his wife, Jessica Foote, who listened intently and at times kissed a man's wedding ring she wore on a necklace.
To save the mods from asking for a link ... I was just reading this.

ETA
You may have read somewhere else. I didn't see any photo.

From same link:

"That's a repeat offender type thing," Williford's neighbor Julie Elkin said. "The similarities between that crime and this one are creepy."

Elkin says her roommate was asked by a stranger (an undercover cop) who was hanging around if there were doors in the back of Williford's building.

Authorities say there are and it offered Williford direct access to the creek and the sewer easement that leads directly [to] the back of the house on Cartier Drive where Taft was murdered.

Interesting.
In this case, the GJ has not heard the case yet.

Got this info on the Wake County criminal court process from:

http://www.robertslawteam.com/PracticeAreas/The-Court-Process.asp

"If you have been charged with a felony:

Lower Court Hearings
Arrest and formal charges
First Appearance: You are required to appear at the initial hearing. There, you will be advised of your charges, the maximum possible punishment and your right to counsel. We will be by your side to help you understand the process.
Preliminary settings: Often called the discovery phase of the process. This is our opportunity to collect evidence and review the evidence the prosecutor has gathered against you.
Pre-Trial Negotiations: Before court dates, we will meet with the prosecutor to discuss your case and negotiate possible alternatives to trial, including probation.
Probable Cause Hearing: If a plea bargain agreement cannot be reached, we can request a hearing to challenge the prosecution's evidence. This is our opportunity to cross-examine witnesses the prosecutors have assembled to testify against you. This is an additional opportunity to settle the case out of court because it gives both sides a chance to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the case.
Grand Jury: Should a judge find probable cause, your case will be sent before a Grand Jury. If the Grand Jury believes there is sufficient evidence, a bill indictment will be returned."

I may be wrong, but it appears that all charges would be included from the get-go, because that's what the Grand Jury proceeds with for the indictments. The "First Appearance" section of the above states that "you will be advised of your charges." I would assume this would mean all of them, and IMO the media would certainly list all of them, if for nothing more than to add the most impact to the story.

i just watched JW's 1st court appearance with tears rolling down my checks - yet from the video I watched - NO ONE (JW, his family/gf/wife) showed any emotion.

What a sad world.

I don't know ss.
I detected shame and embarrassment on all their faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07