NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he drive there? I thought that they lived right there and that is where the truck is normally parked???? Iam understanding that he just waits for the kid, and sits in the truck while he waits. His wife was right in the vicinity and ran inside to get a charger for his cell....when she came out, she started videoing what was going on. I can't remember where I read it, but my understanding was that he flashed his cell at her, signaling that he needed his charger.............. which was why she went inside to get it.. if that happened, maybe someone thought it was a gun???? We need a timeline of everyones movements and purposes and it would be helpful if we knew to whom the gun was registered. We need facts. JMO

Does he drive there? I thought that they lived right there and that is where the truck is normally parked???? Iam understanding that he just waits for the kid, and sits in the truck while he waits. His wife was right in the vicinity and ran inside to get a charger for his cell....when she came out, she started videoing what was going on. I can't remember where I read it, but my understanding was that he flashed his cell at her, signaling that he needed his charger.............. which was why she went inside to get it.. if that happened, maybe someone thought it was a gun???? We need a timeline of everyones movements and purposes and it would be helpful if we knew to whom the gun was registered. We need facts. JMO

I would be willing to entertain the idea that police mistook a book or a cell phone for a gun if there wasn't a gun found. Since a gun was recovered I believe that police did see a gun and that's why they kept shouting to "drop the gun." JMO

YUP somehow a gun is involved.....but where did it come from? I really believe his wife believed he had no gun. She seems to have no clue..... We'll find out eventually. Maybe it was her gun and she thought it was hidden from her husband? She said that she is the one who cleans the car and there wasn't a gun kept in it. ???? JMO

YUP somehow a gun is involved.....but where did it come from? I really believe his wife believed he had no gun. She seems to have no clue..... We'll find out eventually. Maybe it was her gun and she thought it was hidden from her husband? She said that she is the one who cleans the car and there wasn't a gun kept in it. ???? JMO

My guess is the gun will come up as being stolen. Scott was a convicted felon who should not have had a gun in his possession. JMO

O/t, but is anyone else using tap a talk and getting individual notifications for every single post? This has been happening to me for 2 days now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Policy is to handcuff the suspect, even if shot. He was a threat with a handgun, and while he appeared to be unconscious, police are trained to subdue, and "clear" a violent armed suspect, before assessing for medical issues, for their safety as well as others. (The suspect could be faking unconsciousness and preparing to ambush.) The suspect has to be "cleared" of all weapons before medical aid can be rendered-- hence the actions with his trousers, IMO. And any weapons will be moved away from the suspect in a manner that will not contaminate the item with the officer's prints or DNA.

Bullets fired from handguns produce wildly varied results. People have been shot numerous times by larger calibers and survived, while some die from a single shot from a caliber generally regarded as "weak".

Handguns aren't magic death rays. People don't immediately drop dead after one or two shots in many cases.

Even if the person is on the ground, some precautions need to be taken, especially if their gun hasn't yet been secured.

Imagine if someone broke into your house one night wielding a baseball bat and your spouse shot them once and they went down. No one in their right mind would just assume they are no longer a threat, leave them unattended and go about their business.

The NYC/Jersey bomber was shot 7 times, and he seemed conscious and coherent when they wheeled him away on a stretcher.

On another note, the police know with certainty by now a lot of things about the gun.

They know:

- The serial number, or if it has been removed
- If it was purchased legally, and by whom, and when, and if it was ever transferred legally
- If it was ever reported stolen, by whom and when
- What make and model it is (caliber, etc)
- How many bullets were loaded, what kind, and if those have fingerprint or DNA evidence on them
- Whether or not the magazine has fingerprints or DNA evidence on it
- If it matches any recovered casings from other crimes in the area where a weapon hasn't been recovered
- Whether or not anyone else in KS's family and household own any guns legally, or are prohibited from owning them

They know a lot about the gun that hasn't been revealed to the public yet.

On another note, the police know with certainty by now a lot of things about the gun.

They know:

- The serial number, or if it has been removed
- If it was purchased legally, and by whom, and when, and if it was ever transferred legally
- If it was ever reported stolen, by whom and when
- What make and model it is (caliber, etc)
- How many bullets were loaded, what kind, and if those have fingerprint or DNA evidence on them
- Whether or not the magazine has fingerprints or DNA evidence on it
- If it matches any recovered casings from other crimes in the area where a weapon hasn't been recovered
- Whether or not anyone else in KS's family and household own any guns legally, or are prohibited from owning them

They know a lot about the gun that hasn't been revealed to the public yet.

Yes, all those will be very interesting facts to learn.

Charlotte Presser at 4:30 eastern............................maybe videos to be released??? JMO

It won't surprise me if we find out he was wearing an ankle holster. imo

A local NAACP leader told CNN’s Carol Costello Thursday that it didn’t actually matter whether or not black Charlotte man Keith Scott had a gun on him when he was shot and killed by police.

But in my mind and in most of the community’s mind, it really doesn’t matter if he had a gun,” she said.

“At the end of the day we have the right under the Second Amendment to carry here in North Carolina,” she said. “And [the police’s] responsibility was to engage him in a more deescalated way, to find out if he had a permit for his gun and allow him to go on his merry way and he would still be living today. That’s not what happened.”

CNN video of the interview embedded in the article.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/naacp-le...ting-it-really-doesnt-matter-if-he-had-a-gun/

These are monumentally irresponsible comments from a community leader, and not based at all in the law. Note that these comments were made 48 hours ago-- when much is now known, including the felony history of KS that precludes him from owning, handling, or having firearms in his car or household (even if they belong to another person legally).

And it illustrates my point a couple posts up, that the narrative has turned away from "racist cop" to "oppressive police brutality".

This community leader has absolutely no idea what happened BEFORE the wife began to video record. No idea what captured the immediate attention of several officers, and lead to their engagement with the suspect. Astoundingly irresponsible comments. Just like the comments from certain politicians in the early hours-- astoundingly irresponsible.

Wish the police chief would say who that evidence will be released to, and when! He's talking in circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Macogle