NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will send a weblink to media within a half hour with the footage of dash cam and body cam per chief.

Beyond possession of a gun.

Involved criminal activity.

Compelling reason to approach Scott.

Absolutely in possession of a gun.

From press conference:
They will be releasing two videos--one dash cam and one body cam.
These are the two which had the best views of the incident--many other videos exist which just showed people down the street/not pointed at incident and will not be released at this time
They will also release physical evidence such as DNA
Videos should be out in the next half hour.
Investigation is still ongoing

I think the wife's audio actually helped the cop's case in the end. Although it was very emotional and tragic to hear her pleading, you also heard the cops demanding that 'he drop the freakin gun, 'and you heard her urgently pleading with her husband 'not to do it' ---which seems like he was doing something dangerous---and she turned the camera away when he stepped out of the car--seems like she did not want to get the gun on camera

"It was not lawful for him to possess the firearm."

"The gun exacerbated the incident."

"There was marijuana there."

The marijuana comment makes me think about distribution-- selling.

And that makes me wonder if he was selling from that car, in that place, every day?

Possession of marijuana and in possession of the gun.

Officers saw the marijuana and gun while surveilling the target for the warrant.

He clarified and said they saw the marijuana, but weren't concerned about until they saw rhe marijuana AND the gun.

A number of images will be released along with the video

I love this police chief. He is a no nonsense guy and seems very honest.

Everything is in place except for the gun... is it bought off the street/stolen or does he know the person that bought it legally?

Everything is in place except for the gun... is it bought off the street/stolen or does he know the person that bought it legally?

He knows. He's just not saying yet.

**Interested to find out how much MJ was recovered. That will point to intent to distribute, or not. Why have a handgun if he was just smoking one joint or blunt? Was the gun to protect his inventory? To provide him safety from his customers?

KS certainly KNEW he was not allowed to be in possession of a handgun. There is a reason he took the chance, and apparently didn't even bother to conceal it very much.

Lots of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member