NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it, If you are legal to carry a weapon, what right does LE have to say anything if you are not commiting a crime. This man was not the suspect they were looking for. He is not entitled to walk around with his gun minding his own business?

I don't get it either. If he had a weapon he was allowed to have it. I can't think of any reason he would have pointed it at the officers.

I keep reading references to his "disability" and I wonder what it was. It could make a big difference in how this happened.

I don't get it, If you are legal to carry a weapon, what right does LE have to say anything if you are not commiting a crime. This man was not the suspect they were looking for. He is not entitled to walk around with his gun minding his own business?

Brandishing a weapon is not open carry. If you step out of a car with a gun in your hand you are brandishing a weapon. jmo

I don't get it either. If he had a weapon he was allowed to have it. I can't think of any reason he would have pointed it at the officers.

I keep reading references to his "disability" and I wonder what it was. It could make a big difference in how this happened.

So if he had a weapon it was because he was allowed to have it? People don't illegally have weapons?

It seems they've already said in NC they don't release police video except if they are court-ordered to. I wonder if the public will ever get to see the video.

When we have to fear for our lives because LEOs would rather shoot us than protect us there is something seriously wrong with our country.

LEO's would rather shoot us? Since when? Do you have a link for that? I'm pretty sure Websleuths is LEO friendly.

North Carolina law strictly controls the ability of individuals to carry weapons concealed.
Except under the limited concealed handgun permit provisions of State law, described in
Sections III. B. and III. C. of this publication, and the exemptions set out below, it is unlawful for
any person in North Carolina, except when on his/her own premises, to willfully and
intentionally carry concealed, either on or about his/her person, any "Bowie Knife, dirk, dagger,
slungshot, loaded cane, metallic knuckles, razor, shurikin, stungun, or other deadly weapon of
like kind."

http://www.ncdoj.gov/getdoc/32344299-a2a7-4ae5-99fd-9018262f64ac/NC-Firearms-gun-Laws.aspx

Open carry

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_North_Carolina

Open carry is also legal throughout North Carolina.[26] In the town of Chapel Hill, open carry is restricted to guns of a certain minimum size, under the theory that small, concealable handguns are more often associated with criminal activity. No permit is required to carry a handgun openly in North Carolina. In the court case of State v. Kerner(1921) the defendant ended up getting into some type of confrontation with another man. The defendant proceeded to walk back to his place of work, get his gun, and then return to the scene to fight. The defendant ended up being charged with, "carrying his pistol of the premises unconcealed," which violated a local act applicable to Forsyth County and ended up being a misdemeanor. The defendant was taken to trial and the trial judge then dismissed the charge as unconstitutional. The state then appealed, and the supreme court affirmed. During court, the court stated at the beginning that the Second Amendment did not apply, because "the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are restrictions on the federal authority and not the states." Therefore, with that being said, it focused more on the state constitution. The state constitution states that: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The court viewed the provision as protecting the right to carry arms in public. Forsyth County's local act was condemned and seen as distasteful, because it ended up putting a restriction on a persons right to carry a pistol, more so an unconcealed pistol. Although, the case of State v. Kerner helped/made more clear the allowance of openly carrying a pistol, it does not preclude all regulations regarding the carrying of firearms.[27]

Hey my WS friends. Idk much yet about this situation but so far what I have heard enrages me![emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the problem with him and his gun?

From wikipeida

Open carry is also legal throughout North Carolina.[26] In the town of Chapel Hill, open carry is restricted to guns of a certain minimum size, under the theory that small, concealable handguns are more often associated with criminal activity. No permit is required to carry a handgun openly in North Carolina. In the court case of State v. Kerner(1921) the defendant ended up getting into some type of confrontation with another man. The defendant proceeded to walk back to his place of work, get his gun, and then return to the scene to fight. The defendant ended up being charged with, "carrying his pistol of the premises unconcealed," which violated a local act applicable to Forsyth County and ended up being a misdemeanor. The defendant was taken to trial and the trial judge then dismissed the charge as unconstitutional. The state then appealed, and the supreme court affirmed. During court, the court stated at the beginning that the Second Amendment did not apply, because "the first ten amendments to the United States Constitution are restrictions on the federal authority and not the states." Therefore, with that being said, it focused more on the state constitution. The state constitution states that: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." The court viewed the provision as protecting the right to carry arms in public. Forsyth County's local act was condemned and seen as distasteful, because it ended up putting a restriction on a persons right to carry a pistol, more so an unconcealed pistol. Although, the case of State v. Kerner helped/made more clear the allowance of openly carrying a pistol, it does not preclude all regulations regarding the carrying of firearms.[27]

Ay live video feeds to see how it is going out there ???

Not sure with his criminal record if he was allowed to possess a legal handgun. jmo idk

Scott has a criminal record in three states, including Texas, South Carolina and North Carolina. Texas records show that he was convicted of evading arrest with a vehicle in 2005, and several months later of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

In 1992 in South Carolina, records show Scott pleaded guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Court records also show a misdemeanor assault conviction in North Carolina from 2004.

http://www.crossroadstoday.com/stor...cords-say-man-shot-by-cop-had-criminal-record

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member