NC - Keith Scott, 43, killed by LEO, Charlotte, 20 Sept 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tear gas being deployed. Witnesses say man was down and bleeding--they heard he was shot by police.

Not sure with his criminal record if he was allowed to possess a legal handgun. jmo idk

Scott has a criminal record in three states, including Texas, South Carolina and North Carolina. Texas records show that he was convicted of evading arrest with a vehicle in 2005, and several months later of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

In 1992 in South Carolina, records show Scott pleaded guilty to contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Court records also show a misdemeanor assault conviction in North Carolina from 2004.

http://www.crossroadstoday.com/stor...cords-say-man-shot-by-cop-had-criminal-record

[FONT=&quot]A woman who identified herself as an advocate for Scott's family, Annette Albright, said at a news conference that he shouldn't be "re-victimized" because of things he did in the past.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]She told reporters: "What he was doing at the time of the shooting is what's relevant."

There is a reason he reacted the way he did. imo[/FONT]

It's bad here, really bad. I'm house sitting a condo a couple blocks from the Epicenter. Rocks or objects have been thrown at my buildings doors. I dont feel safe taking the dog out to potty. I never thought I would see this in the city I love so much. Earlier, I took a bike ride, as usual, and stopped at a park near the stadium. Several protesters asked to pray with me. There are good people here, but I don't know why darkness brings out the ugliness. It was ok before it got dark. Peaceful protest with a purpose. Now, it's just unlike anything I've ever seen in the US.

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 17m17 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
There are several different groups of #KeithScott protestors uptown now. Am told the one right outside the Epicentre has about 300 people

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 13m13 minutes ago
Police are here uptown at the Omni in riot gear

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 11m11 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
Katie Peralta Retweeted Ely Portillo
Crowds running

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 9m9 minutes ago
It's hard to breathe after tear gas deployed. It's getting violent uptown

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 8m8 minutes ago
SWAT, more police arriving

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 7m7 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
People are now throwing water bottles at and hitting police cars uptown

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 1m1 minute agoCharlotte, NC
Police telling us to move. "They're throwing explosive. Guys, your life is in danger"

It's bad here, really bad. I'm house sitting a condo a couple blocks from the Epicenter. Rocks or objects have been thrown at my buildings doors. I dont feel safe taking the dog out to potty. I never thought I would see this in the city I love so much. Earlier, I took a bike ride, as usual, and stopped at a park near the stadium. Several protesters asked to pray with me. There are good people here, but I don't know why darkness brings out the ugliness. It was ok before it got dark. Peaceful protest with a purpose. Now, it's just unlike anything I've ever seen in the US.

Our country seems to be in violent chaos on so many fronts now.

Please be extremely careful Dockins. I am hoping and praying for the best for you and all of those in Charlotte tonight. It has to be a very tense time.

IMO

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 17m17 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
There are several different groups of #KeithScott protestors uptown now. Am told the one right outside the Epicentre has about 300 people

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 13m13 minutes ago
Police are here uptown at the Omni in riot gear

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 11m11 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
Katie Peralta Retweeted Ely Portillo
Crowds running

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 9m9 minutes ago
It's hard to breathe after tear gas deployed. It's getting violent uptown

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 8m8 minutes ago
SWAT, more police arriving

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 7m7 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
People are now throwing water bottles at and hitting police cars uptown

Katie Peralta ‏@katieperalta 1m1 minute agoCharlotte, NC
Police telling us to move. "They're throwing explosive. Guys, your life is in danger"

OMG that is horrifying. WTH???? What does this accomplish???????????? So senseless.

Our country seems to be in violent chaos on so many fronts now.

Please be extremely careful Dockins. I am hoping and praying for the best for you and all of those in Charlotte tonight. It has to be a very tense time.

IMO

I'm safe inside, but I see a lot of children and people with strollers in the streets. I cannot imagine what the parents are thinking.

Damn. Did anyone see that officer hit the male protester?

I'm safe inside, but I see a lot of children and people with strollers in the streets. I cannot imagine what the parents are thinking.

What? Surely you are kidding. Why in the world would any parent have their little children out in this violent mess?

NBC Charlotte ‏@wcnc 5m5 minutes ago
MEDIC says 1 person taken to CMC with life-threatening injuries after suffering an apparent gunshot wound

Michael Graff ‏@michaelngraff 14m14 minutes agoCharlotte, NC
"Someone has been shot. Clear the area. We cannot guarantee your safety." -- what an officer at College and E. 4th just said.

No, I do not believe LE shot someone.

I don't think the police shot anyone either but I wouldn't be surprised if they are accused of doing it.

The facts don't seem to matter to some.

I'm watching WCNC. Really frightening.

I had to turn it off. I abhor violence of any kind. I cant take looking at all of this and I don't even know why I was watching it tonight. I usually refuse to watch the riots as they are happening. It not only makes me want to burst into tears for my country which has been in such violent turmoil for the past couple of years but it makes me too jittery to watch it. I am always afraid I am going to witness someone being seriously hurt or worse.

People need to get their little toddlers and children inside instead of being out on the streets. I worry about them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member