GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PDF of court papers filed:

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/20090330144509.pdf

From link provided by GrayRock (updated?)

Kelly's husband's parents were no-shows in court Monday, but their attorney made it clear the case is over, at least in Durham.
"We filed voluntary dismal and termination in the action," Morris attorney Jill Burton said.
Because the case was dismissed, no other motions were heard in court. The Currin's attorney has not commented on what course of action they will take next. But it is likely the case will move to Granville County.

Family of Kelly Currin Morris Seeks Custody of Granddaughter

Pat and Kelly A hearing to determine custody of Kelly Currin Morris's 5-year-old daughter was dismissed by a Durham County, N.C., judge on Monday after Kelly's father, Pat Currin, showed up at the hearing with a team of high-profile attorneys.

Monday's hearing was instigated by an attorney representing Kelly's husband, William "Scott" Morris.
At Monday's hearing, the Currin family filed a motion to vacate the current order. They also asked for emergency custody of their grandchild. The Currins' attorney cited several factors, including the fact that Morris had filed the custody action in a county adjacent to the one where both he and his daughter lived. The Currins believe that Morris did so in an attempt to keep them from having knowledge of the hearing.

The motion also contained police documents regarding Kelly's disappearance, the arson fire that destroyed her home, and the relationship that she had had with Morris in the months leading up to her disappearance.

"The defendant, William Scott Morris, was named a 'person of interest' in the pending investigation according to Granville County Sheriff David Smith," read court papers filed by the Currin family. "…During the months prior to Kelly Currin Morris's disappearance, the Defendant engaged in a pattern of emotional abuse directed toward Kelly and both her children ... Based upon information and belief, William Scott Morris is the primary suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Kelly Currin Morris, and may be arrested on charges related to her disappearance at any time. It will not be in the best interest of the minor child for her to be present when this occurs. Based upon facts and circumstances set out in the search warrant application, there is at least some probability that Jimmy Morris, the father of the Defendant, with whom the Defendant is residing, was also involved in Kelly's disappearance."

The motion further stated that Morris was "mentally and emotionally unstable" and that there was substantial risk that he might remove the child from the state for the purpose of "evading the jurisdiction of North Carolina Courts."
Neither Morris nor his parents showed up at Monday's hearing. His attorney agreed to a voluntary dismissal of the case; however, he would not comment on whether he would renew the action in Granville County.

Attorneys representing the Currins have also refused to comment on their next course of action.

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/william-scott-morris.html

no new news. I hope she is found soon.

Please keep this post going. I look for updates every day and hope their is justice with what has happened to Kelly Morris. Every time I see a photo in the news of her house all burnt my heart jumps.

As for the Grandparents seeking custody Kelly Morris's father is the director of Duke Raleigh Hospital's surgical services in NC-- so I hope he has the money and pulls out the big guns (lawyers) and gets custody of Kellys 5 year old daughter. They already have custody of her other daughter..this way the sisters can be together and safe.

Please keep this post going. I look for updates every day and hope their is justice with what has happened to Kelly Morris. Every time I see a photo in the news of her house all burnt my heart jumps.

As for the Grandparents seeking custody Kelly Morris's father is the director of Duke Raleigh Hospital's surgical services in NC-- so I hope he has the money and pulls out the big guns (lawyers) and gets custody of Kellys 5 year old daughter. They already have custody of her other daughter..this way the sisters can be together and safe.

You can bet this thread will always go on until Kelly has been found,i assure you that.I participate every weekend in the search for Kelly but unfortunately there has been nothing new to report. If there is ever anything,i will definately let it be known.

To the best of my knowledge Grayrock, the husband ran the construction business, and I presume he is Mr. Morris. However, it has been a while since I followed this case, so I am relying on memory. At any rate, I hope answers come soon for Kelly's family, this is such a sad case.

this article says dad has construction business.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/10/daddys-little-g.html

The husband ran the tow truck business.
The Duke Raleigh Health Site says she was daughter of. That could refer to mom stepmom or stepdad.
It does not really matter but a least it is something to generate some interest.
Jump in and help if anyone in the area knows . I think of Kelly everyday and pray she will be found.

Her dad owns a construction business which since Kelly came up missing,his son has taken over. Scott did own a towing company but has since sold the truck. The Medical field is her stepdad.

My prayers are with Kelly Morris every day.

I have a question. I read on the "Criminal Report Daily" web site that there is at least some probability that Jimmy Morris, the father of the Defendant, with whom the Defendant is residing, was also involved in Kelly's disappearance.

The only thing that I have read so far that suggests that Scotts father my have been involved is that
the night Kelly went missing Scott and his father were exchanging phone calls.

Scott told LE that he slept through the night. But "The call records indicated Scott called the residence of his mother and father [Carolyn and Jimmy Morris]...at 9:45p.m. on the evening of September 3, 2008."
"Also according to the records, at 10:59 p.m. Scott received a call from [redacted name], which was the work cell number of his father, Jimmy Morris. The call records indicated Scott made an outbound call to [redacted name] at 11:56 p.m."
"The cell site records indicated Scott's cell phone utilized a Creedmoor, NC, cell tower during a 10:59 p.m. incoming call from Jimmy; further indicating Scott was not at his residence at that time."

So Scott was talking with his father the night Kelly went missing. This is the only indication so far that I have read that his father might have been involved.

I wonder if LE knows anything else about Jimmy Morris - Scotts father-involvement with Kellys disappearance.

Was Scotts father at home the whole night? Does Scott usually call his father late at night or get calls from his fathers work cell number at 10:59pm ? I am just thinking out loud here..

Resources:

http://www.ncwanted.com/ncwanted_home/story/3993826/:

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2009/04/william-scott-morris.html

There is more but im not at liberty to say. The thing that infuriates me the most is the things we do know but LE will not move forward with it. I know that they want Kelly to be found and i do realize that this will help alot but still he walks around free as can be,sees their child that Kelly thought the world of and so much more and yet still nothing has been done.

Since there are two suspects that might have been involved with Kellys disappearance one of them has to slip up sometime.? Hopefully this makes the odds greater at finding Kelly and getting a conviction if both Scott and his father were involved. More for LE to work with.

What is also suspicious is that the car, the dogs and maybe other valuables where moved OUT of the house before the fire occurred. A true sign that someone cared about these items and did not want them to get burned- arson.

Tonia I agree with your frustration -what is taking LE so long- ? Is it a small LE department from a small town? Is the F.B.I involved? There has been no new news from LE...

The arson has been proved actually just supposedly no proof as to who set it so they say. Actually the FBI is not involved,another thing i can't seem to understand.

One of the early search warrants stated Scott had called his Dad to come watch the kids that night so he could go look for Kelly because she was cheating on him. If he was in the house that night he knows something. I hope this link still works.
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/09/25/3612270/warrant.swf
Tonia I think it's great that you help in the search. Have you heard the rumors Scott has a girlfriend? If yes what have you heard about that?

Yes he does have a girlfriend,nothing to say really about it.

One of the early search warrants stated Scott had called his Dad to come watch the kids that night so he could go look for Kelly because she was cheating on him. If he was in the house that night he knows something. I hope this link still works.
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2008/09/25/3612270/warrant.swf
Tonia I think it's great that you help in the search. Have you heard the rumors Scott has a girlfriend? If yes what have you heard about that?

Thanks GrayRock-I did not know this. There are a lot of holes in the story that Scott gave to LE the night Kelly went missing.

Also its funny that Scott said that he called his dad to come watch the kids that night so he could go look for Kelly BUT then Scott does not participate in any of the current searches for Kelly...

I am really curious what Scotts father said to LE IF he was interviewed or not...??! I hope he was...

Tonia I think it's great that you help in the search as well. My prayers are with you and Kelly and her children.

I ran into Kelly's parents tonight at the store and talked to them both,they are doing good considering. You can see the pain clearly though as they talked about how they were doing and the kids and all. There is a search this coming weekend if any of you want to help out,we need it pretty bad. They do these searches every weekend if weather permits. Her mom e-mailed me this little ribbon so i could add it to my signature on here. I really don't want Kelly forgotten. Prayers for this family and these little babies without their mother. Her friends are selling t-shirts and decals for a fund they have set up for the girls. Just wanted to share.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97
Back