GUILTY NC - Kelly Morris, 28, Granville County, 3 Sept 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm glad Kelly's father and step-mother got custody of her youngest daughter, but I hope they see to it that she still has contact with her half-sister.

Wow. I just read thru this case tonight for the first time. Am so glad he was finally charged and that she was finally found...
Does anyone know what is going on with trial, I guess I can google that. Also about custody? Do Kelly's parents get to keep her older daughter? It is a shame they have to be split up though...
What a hideous case...what a twisted evil man this is...I hope his dad did not knowingly cover for a murder like this...
am looking forward to the conviction and death sentence and I am not even a DP person...

PS- I did find where her parents did receive perm. custody of one daughter...and that NC is seeking death penalty, but trial motions are going slowly and no trial date in sight...but also no bail, thank God.

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the "Currently Awaiting Trial" section?

Not sure how I missed this June 30th report on Kelly:

"The state's top medical examiner said he couldn't determine how a Stem woman died two years ago but that she "most likely" was killed, according to an autopsy report released Wednesday."

More at WRAL:

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7882969/

Does anyone know if there is a trial date for this case?

I can't find anything that states the trial date. It's been over a year since it was decided he would be facing the death penalty. I suppose that slowed things down a bit as the attorneys will do everything they can dream up to put it off as long as possible.

I can't find anything that states the trial date. It's been over a year since it was decided he would be facing the death penalty. I suppose that slowed things down a bit as the attorneys will do everything they can dream up to put it off as long as possible.

Thanks, I can't either.. this is only an hour away from me.. different county.. It was all over the news a while back and then he was arrested and poof.. nothing else has been announced. This happened the same time frame of Cooper and Anthony case too.

Thanks, I can't either.. this is only an hour away from me.. different county.. It was all over the news a while back and then he was arrested and poof.. nothing else has been announced. This happened the same time frame of Cooper and Anthony case too.

What worries me is that (I think!) there was no COD determined. :( I really doubt he will get the DP, but we can hope for LWOP.

Please anyone let me know if you see anything in the news about what is going on with this case. I can't find anything. Maybe he is doing a plea and I just missed it somewhere?

Please anyone let me know if you see anything in the news about what is going on with this case. I can't find anything. Maybe he is doing a plea and I just missed it somewhere?

I just emailed A Lamb with wral to see if she had any info.
I searched court documents and found nothing so I thought I would try her.

I just emailed A Lamb with wral to see if she had any info.
I searched court documents and found nothing so I thought I would try her.

AL has no info, but is sending to someone who may know. Will post as soon as I hear something.

Thankyou Crime Addict

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Wral shows an update. Looks like he is going to appear in court Monday-and they are going for death on this one so I bet we will have a child before trial starts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingcampbell97
Back