GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Acutally, I think the murder took place on 7/13....but your point still holds.

Yes, thanks for the correction. And per the subsequent post, that may be a baby registry. Does anyone have the actual date of their marriage?

At any rate, I'm left wondering, as I'm sure you are, how exactly someone welcomes a new life into the world, composes a lullaby, and posts a sappy daddy video on Youtube, and then proceeds to snuff out another life out a month later -- or ever for that matter.

What on earth gives people the mindset and entitlement that it takes to murder someone? And how do they find each other? How can you make it okay to kill someone in your mind?

Furthermore, as a mom, I cannot imagine what this woman was thinking....I would sooner cut off both my arms than do anything that has the potential to separate me from my child.

Agree, it's HARD to imagine a mother of a newborn participating in something like this...makes me sick & heartbroken for all the loss....

According the "Ashmoulder" on the first page of this thread, " GH married his current wife in April 2010"

I don't know about you all but if anyone asks me to help them clean a bloody ice chest, I'm going to do some serious due diligence as to what kind of animal they have been storing in that ice chest, particularly when they've come from across the country and one of their former girlfriends has been reported missing. Just sayin'....

No kidding! I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps I'm a bad relative, but I would have defriended my sister after that too and she'd have been on her own with the coolers. ugh

Though kudos to them for multi-tasking---gas prices are high, might as well visit the inlaws, show them the new baby and dispose of a body out of state all at the same time.

This is interesting. The N&O is reporting this afternoon that LE thinks LA was murdered on July 13---so this FB conversation was the day before. He had 24 hours to think about a plan, a move to the VI, his career, his money--and decided that killing LA was easier.

BBM -- Yep, NCEast -- been there done that on this forum before, haven't we?? Arrrrgggghhh.
icon8.gif
Is it testosterone or just what that makes this route even remotely appealing to some spouses??? And of course it's not always the dad/husband/male.

And the results are bad for everyone involved. Not every time, but mostly, this methodology has a bad ending for the offender. I'm glad I've never been close enuff to a situation that would help me understand it. Arrogance, greed, and just plain meanness. But we'll have to wait probably quite a while to see what the LEO's have found that's good enuff to make arrests and then take to the DA's office for prosecution.

No kidding! I was thinking the same thing.

Perhaps I'm a bad relative, but I would have defriended my sister after that too and she'd have been on her own with the coolers. ugh

True, No one drives that far to go fising in a creek and takes their own bait. So what did the sister think she was cleaning. Human blood has its own smell!

Though kudos to them for multi-tasking---gas prices are high, might as well visit the inlaws, show them the new baby and dispose of a body out of state all at the same time.

You left out one thing..........get them to clean up after your mess! What a guy! (and gal!) AND drag you into the middle of a horrible murder!

Dear Wake County:

Please let me have jury duty for this case. Thanks.

Well, Bless Your Heart for that, Boodles. :lol: I just had to laff, and I still am chuckling. I know you meant it, but I think I just really needed to relax a bit and smile. :floorlaugh:

I know we hear about these cases more now because of all the talking head shows.......but I swear, I honestly don't think this type of murder was in epidemic proportions just a few years ago. Seems like about 10 or 12 years ago they began and have just gotten worse and more frequent.
If they don't stop, I'm going to weigh 3,000 pounds by the end of the year. I stayed on the live stream coverage of the doctor and the ballerina trial in Raleigh, NC, the Brad Cooper trial in Raleigh, , the Jason Young trial in Raleigh, NC and the Casey Anthony trial in Fl. just since March of this year. I don't need to lose but 20 pounds--and had lost 7 of those--and have gained them back plus a couple. Just from being glued to the live stream of the trials and the posts here on WS.
I'm trying to stay on top of the disappearance of Jacque Rawson Waller case--she disappeared after last being seen with her husband.... they were in the early stages of a divorce. Mother of 5 year old triplets, very sad too. Missouri case.

Well, NCEast, make room for me in your Hefty TV Room. I watched the same trials as you -- didn't miss much of any of them since I could catch back up in the pm...I also watched the Ryan Hare trial on WRAL as well. So, let me see: For me, each trial put on about 4 pounds ... yep, 5 trials = 20 pounds. Dammit. If there were a treadmill or a stationary bike in here, I would use one of 'em, but they just aren't around this house. This has got to stop.

And I'm glad you're on here, fellow WS'er!!

I want to say a personal thank you to the wonderful mods who refused to be bullied by the likes of GH. Obviously, he thinks he can manipulate everyone by using his fear tactics.
The fact he was on here trying to run down this site, that is dedicated to being the voice for helpless victims, and trying strong-arm the people who care about the mother of his little ones shows the true character of this man.
I don't think that smirk on his face will last long, WS friends.

Sorry...but I am so angry about this crime. Heartbreaking.....cruel.

when was he here??

if you're referring to an earlier post about his threats to a forum mod., that was a different forum IIRC

The news stories coming out this morning are worse. I don't have time to link so I won't go into detail. I'm just frustrated that the media stories present the custody battle as the motive for the murder and seem to present the custody battle as a kind of he said she said. They quote what Haze/Hayes accused Laura of, but very little of what she accused him of. So either she didn't accuse him of much, and she wasn't the one making this battle nasty, or she did, but they're fine with only printing the parts that make her look bad.

In a way, the custody battle could be explained as the motive for murder. But in reality the murder and the custody battle are effects and a narcissistic, entitled, abusive personality is the cause, IMHO. How many cases before the media gets that? The assumption that these are just two people who can't get along and they must both be acting badly is why so few victims get justice - and so many abusers get custody - in family courts in the first place.

It's going to be up to the prosecutor to show the truth at trial. I'm going to start praying for the prosecutor in this case every day, and I would urge anyone of faith to join me.

Most recently, Harrison said he received an e-mail from Ackerson “out of the blue” on July 11. The two exchanged several e-mails over the course of two days before her July 13 disappearance. Harrison shared those e-mails with NBC-17.

In the e-mails the two caught up. Ackerson said she was living in Kinston and explained how she ended up there.

“Well, I traveled with Grant a bit, had two beautiful boys, lived in the Virgin Islands for about a year. I came back to the states to get my youngest some better health care and Grant and I have been in court ever since. I'm in school and have been for a while. I started an advertising business in an ity bity town and am looking forward to getting back to a bigger city very soon. I've heard that your twenties are the hardest compared to the rest of adulthood and I can definitely say mine have been rough but good!,” she wrote at 10:53 a.m. on July 11.

The next day, July 12, she wrote at 10:01 a.m.: “ I came to Kinston to hang out with Grant's parents while I got our youngest surgery for a kidney issue. Been here about a year and a half now.”

In the e-mail exchange, Ackerson describe a recent time she spent with her sons.

More at link: http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/jul/26/ex-boyfriend-shares-e-mails-memories-laura-ackerso-ar-1239076/

You would have to know Laura to understand that email. Laura stood by Grant while he PUBLICALLY cheated on her. She never once said a bad word about her "friend" who was sleeping with him or Grant. When Grant followed the "friend" to the Virgin Island, Laura said okaym let's pack up. She never once believed rumors about him, spoke badly about him regardless of the things he said publicly about her WHILE they were together. She was much older than she looks in how she carried herself. She never let anyone know there was marital discord; never defended herself. She always had a smile on her face. So much so that when Grant left her for another woman; she followed his instruction to live with his parents so that he could "help" aka have complete control over her. When Laura's not saying anything about how hard it has been for her, it's not because things haven't been hard; it's because she's the type of person that doesn't complain. She is constantly thankful and loving. What a tragedy that a person like that is no longer here.

I looked at it last night before he changed the settings. Not that I expected him to put "My aunt was arrested as his status". The last post I saw was about going to the beach with a friend.

I can't imagine what her family is thinking!

The nephew has since "privatized" his Facebook wall postings.

I also notice that AH's sister, "Karen Berry", is no longer on her Facebook friendlist, although she was earlier this afternoon. Her "defriending" might indicate that either she just doesn't want the added attention or she really does not appreciate a surprise visit from her lil sis being used as a pretext for a macabre burial in her very own neighborhood.

What is really bizarre is that one news article noted that the Berry family assisted in cleaning the ice chests but were, presumably, unaware of the circumstances. I don't know about you all but if anyone asks me to help them clean a bloody ice chest, I'm going to do some serious due diligence as to what kind of animal they have been storing in that ice chest, particularly when they've come from across the country and one of their former girlfriends has been reported missing. Just sayin'....

There is a lot to this story that people aren't telling partially because no one wants to get involved. Everyone that knows Grant, knows that he cheated on Laura and treated her like a servant. The story of their relationship is so absolutely crazy that it is stranger than fiction. In time, i'm sure their relationship history will come out and how dependent she was on him. I was there through most of it watching until it became unbearable and had to distance myself. Sadly, most of the information will not be hearsay but rather Grant gossiping about himself because he enjoyed attention, albeit good or bad. Their romance was short lived and while he did take her down to the Virgin Islands, it wasn't to make money but to follow another woman who he broke up with while he was there and prior to getting married to amanda. He had the entire town or Raliegh believing he married Laura. He asked her to go along with so that after only one week of dating; they told everyone they were going to the justice of the peace. Come to find out; most people didn't know they never married until he married Amanda. When folks got the invitation; many people thought it was the official wedding and reception laura had hoped for.....like i said....the details will come out and the truth will cast a further shadow of guilt on grant so that even if he didn't do it his previous behavior will cause doubt in the "preacher's son" card the lawyers are bound to play.

:wagon: Rockit

Thanks for giving us your insight into their relationship dynamic. I can very well imagine this relationship. I read the brother's words regarding the family being estranged; and it sounded very familiar. My first marriage was to a man that estranged me from my family and friends. He didn't want me to have relationships with anyone but him. When we got married, he told me that he was my family now. He didn't want me to have other relationships so that I wouldn't know that our marriage was not normal or right. He didn't want me to talk to my family and tell them how he was behaving.

I work pretty close to where the body was found and even all day yesterday there were helicopters flying over Oyster Creek. My boss lives right down the street from there. Can't believe they drove her all the way to Texas from NC in an ice-chest! Did they really think they could get away with this? So very sad for the children!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double