GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
for the longest time grant decided not to play for money however he began buying jewelry watches and other expensive hobbies.........................
I understand your statement about pre-med but when we are talking about Grant we are talking about someone who does dedicates a lot of time to something and then walks away so if he was pre-med...he was really pre-med unless of course that was another lie he told everyone lol You just never know with him. I think they blew a lot of money. She had quite a bit when she got here...liquidated not invested in property etc. She had said in passing that she invested well. They both talked about her hollywood career but as far as i know she was only in the stepford wives ....ironically.
She owned some type of business in NY and her daughter was in school there. They didn't want to move down here until it was right time for the daughter. I'm not sure what type of school she was in but i think when the issues with custody began, it became necessary.

BBM
Hi, Rockit -- Somehow I missed this business with her being in The Stepford Wives. What version was she in, please, and what name did she use, if you know, in that production? This little tidbit has me very curious. I would like to see if her picture is shown along with the cast listing.

TIA, and thanks for all your previous info that had really helped us along in our sleuthing!
icon7.gif

I'm stuck on the mugshots.

If you were arrested for murder, and you were innocent, wouldn't you look terrified? If you were arrested for murder, and you were guilty, wouldn't you look terrified?

In what scenario do you look smug?

eta: well unless you are SP, ICA, JVS, etc...

I thought she looked awful. her eyes were red like she was crying. First thing that came to my mind was drugs! She was really skinny and awful looking compared to other photos. yuck!

Amanda's mugshot stats:
Name: Amanda Perry Hayes
Height: 5' 9"
Weight: 130
Sex: Female
Arrested: Jul 25, 2011, 2:15 p.m. in Kinston by RPD-Raleigh Police Dept.
Charge: Murder 14-17 (Felony)

5'9" and 130 lbs a month and a half after having a baby? Perhaps she is an addict. Is that height/weight normal?

ETA: Good, no high powered defense lawyers have rushed to their aid, at least yet. http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9910196/

Detectives also seized 124- and 75-quart ice chests from the house, and Brady said it appears Grant Hayes purchased five coolers in North Carolina in the days after Ackerson was reported missing

Amanda Hayes' sister lives about 100 yards from a wooded area that includes Oyster Creek, and Texas authorities said that Grant and Amanda Hayes arrived in Richmond last Monday.

Why in the world would they dump her remains so close to a relative's home?

Such a beautiful young lady, I haven't followed this case who have her children? TIA

About the arrest warrant. If it originated in NC--I don't know if they make it public, someone from that state might come by and answer.

If the arrest warrant originated in TX then yes sometimes they do make those available online.
\
But I think this crime happened in NC so I think that would be the state that issued the warrants if I'm not mistaken.

BBM
Hi, Rockit -- Somehow I missed this business with her being in The Stepford Wives. What version was she in, please, and what name did she use, if you know, in that production? This little tidbit has me very curious. I would like to see if her picture is shown along with the cast listing.

TIA, and thanks for all your previous info that had really helped us along in our sleuthing!
icon7.gif

You know I don't really know...never checked, that's what they told everyone. I would look it up but i didn't realize she had so many last names lol.

I have to say that pre-meditation only requires a moment. Its not like they had to plan this for days or weeks.....just the decision to do it is all that's required to meet pre-meditation. I think the severity of their actions after the death show that this was an "intentional" murder. A crime of passion would most likely be reported by the other spouse (out of fear? concern for the children?)....or the crime of passion would be hidden without such extreme measures as dismemberment and transportation of the deceased to another state on the other side of the country. A lot of thought went into how to dispose of LA. Think of the shear work involved in carrying out this crime over several counties and states. Think of the money required, the planning required...all while taking care of 3 young children.

This GH must be a classic narcissist. He is truly hung up on himself. Quite sickening.....

After reading so many of these stories where ex's murder the Mother of their children or vice versa I can't imagine what my face would look like if my Husband came home and said "Kat, I just murdered "so and so" and I need you to help me cut up the body so I can get rid of it".

WTH?

Why in the world would they dump her remains so close to a relative's home?

Such a beautiful young lady, I haven't followed this case who have her children? TIA

They just said on the news that Laura's two little boys are in the custody of his parents. They didn't mention his baby girl.

About the arrest warrant. If it originated in NC--I don't know if they make it public, someone from that state might come by and answer.

If the arrest warrant originated in TX then yes sometimes they do make those available online.
\
But I think this crime happened in NC so I think that would be the state that issued the warrants if I'm not mistaken.

The news said tonight that the warrant came for NC and all evidence from Tx would be brought back to NC for the trials.

Assuming GH and/or AH are responsible for Laura's murder:

Either GH and AH are extraordinarily unintelligent or they were on drugs. Is there any adult on earth that doesn't know the police can typically trace your purchases, that most retail stores that sell large coolers have surveillance cameras, that providing U-Haul with your driver license or valid ID, as required, makes it very easy for LE to determine you rented one? If it wasn't premeditated, panic only explains so much glaring ignorance; this is pure lunacy imo.

What's really bugging me is why the dismemberment? Takes time, takes equipment, leaves tons more physical evidence to clean up... Cruel too. I'm not sure this wasn't premeditated by someone(s) who's thought process was highly impaired. I can't see someone being able to saw up the body of a person they know and never intended to kill unless they had no regard for the person whatsoever in the first place, which may sadly be the case here. Why not take the body somewhere completely unconnected to you and bury it or burn it? Maybe these two came up with the "alligator by the sister's house" plan right off and figured the body would be eaten quicker in pieces. Or maybe they thought a portion of a body would be harder to find/identify than a whole body. Hard to imagine the reasoning behind such callousness and idiocy.

It's hard to believe that the suspects are two intelligent and manipulative people. If that description is accurate, then this pair (assuming they are guilty) were definitely on something when they made their post-murder plans. Talking about leaving an arrow pointing to a clear trail of physical and circumstantial evidence. JMO...

RIP Laura: one day, your children will understand just how hard you were willing to work and fight for them...

Food for thought..............maybe GH didn't actually commit the murder. Maybe it was AH..... This could turn into another circus of "whodunit". Great escape for the death penalty and in some cases as we all well know......a guilty verdict.

As far as how they went about everything, dismemberment, moving her remains......I have to agree with one news article that quoted LE as saying something about "dumb criminals".

Assuming GH and/or AH are responsible for Laura's

What's really bugging me is why the dismemberment? Takes time, takes equipment, leaves tons more physical evidence to clean up... Cruel too. I'm not sure this wasn't premeditated by someone(s) who's thought process was highly impaired. I can't see someone being able to saw up the body of a person they know and never intended to kill unless they had no regard for the person whatsoever in the first place, which may sadly be the case here. Why not take the body somewhere completely unconnected to you and bury it or burn it? Maybe these two came up with the "alligator by the sister's house" plan right off and figured the body would be eaten quicker in pieces. Or maybe they thought a portion of a body would be harder to find/identify than a whole body. Hard to imagine the reasoning behind such callousness [/B]

(respectfully snipped) Ya know, now that you mention it, I do kind of understand the dismemberment in this case. I think there is a verrrrrry common perception right now that without clear evidence on a body, it is possible to get away with murder. I wouldn't be surprised if their prevailing thought was that the more they could hide the body, the faster it decomposed, the better chance they'd have to be in the clear. If investigators had gone to AH's family's house, and hadn't found anything (maybe, perhaps, if they thought they were cutting into small enough pieces for gators to do their work), they might still be walking around in a cloud of suspicion a la Desiree Young... or acquitted of murder like our "friend" Casey.

So maybe not stupid, per se. Perhaps just over confident in their ability to stay ahead of law enforcement. Maybe they purposely came completely clean about the Uhaul / trip to Texas, thinking the body was long gone from the work of wild animals.

I thought she looked awful. her eyes were red like she was crying. First thing that came to my mind was drugs! She was really skinny and awful looking compared to other photos. yuck!

Hi to ya, Luckyme - In the "before" picture, AH looked very pretty, young, healthy & happy. Seeing the "after" picture, I, too, immediately thought "meth." Those sunken cheeks, and her height/weight just said meth, or at least some sort of speed or upper. She doesn't have the meth-y complexion, but maybe it's a matter of time -- I don't know much about that drug at all other than the horrible pictures of meth freaks. But, yes, she looks way too thin. JMO.
icon9.gif
And meth, speed, or something similar can lead someone to do horrible things along with hyper-activity & paranoia. It can also make you make mistakes....

http://www.granthaze.com/workinprogress/

I apologize if this is already posted.

I searched quickly and I can't find any references to Amanda's work.

Thanks, Kat -

Well, well, he IS just full of himself, huh?!

A little bit of self-love is necessary & healthy, but, like nearly all things, moderation is the key.

"I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for one woman,...." excuse my paraphrasing here, but I just had to sing a little....

I got a bit carried away.
icon11.gif

I copied (not knowing how to do a screen capture and the copy link wouldn't work) the following info (see below) from Clark County, Nevada's marriage certificate records. Of course, you know, that is Las Vegas. In just over a year, they'd see a new baby born, Amanda's mother die and themselves in prison facing murder charges. :shakehead:

Record Date : 4/28/2010 12:32:24 PM
# of Pages: 1
Book Type: MAR
Document Type: (MC) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Modifier
Groom: HAYES, GRANT RUFFIN III
Bride: SMITH, AMANDA
Acknowledgement Date: 4/19/2010
Marriage Date 4/19/2010 12:00:00 AM
Marriage Certificate #: 20100419000263260

Assuming GH and/or AH are responsible for Laura's murder:

Either GH and AH are extraordinarily unintelligent or they were on drugs. Is there any adult on earth that doesn't know the police can typically trace your purchases, that most retail stores that sell large coolers have surveillance cameras, that providing U-Haul with your driver license or valid ID, as required, makes it very easy for LE to determine you rented one? If it wasn't premeditated, panic only explains so much glaring ignorance; this is pure lunacy imo.

What's really bugging me is why the dismemberment? Takes time, takes equipment, leaves tons more physical evidence to clean up... Cruel too. I'm not sure this wasn't premeditated by someone(s) who's thought process was highly impaired. I can't see someone being able to saw up the body of a person they know and never intended to kill unless they had no regard for the person whatsoever in the first place, which may sadly be the case here. Why not take the body somewhere completely unconnected to you and bury it or burn it? Maybe these two came up with the "alligator by the sister's house" plan right off and figured the body would be eaten quicker in pieces. Or maybe they thought a portion of a body would be harder to find/identify than a whole body. Hard to imagine the reasoning behind such callousness and idiocy.

It's hard to believe that the suspects are two intelligent and manipulative people. If that description is accurate, then this pair (assuming they are guilty) were definitely on something when they made their post-murder plans. Talking about leaving an arrow pointing to a clear trail of physical and circumstantial evidence. JMO...

RIP Laura: one day, your children will understand just how hard you were willing to work and fight for them...

ITA, ylleK - Yep, you mean kinda like a roadmap, huh? Like Hansel & Gretel dropping their little crumbs, except Bonnie & Clyde here left receipts and body parts. Dayam. Follow the yellow brick road...

And we haven't heard anything about what may have been left at the residence -- maybe nothing -- but maybe something. And we may not know about that for quite a while. The search warrant "items seized" lists should give us a clue, I hope. But they had lots to do in a hurry, you're right. Haste makes waste, to use an old one.

And body parts do wash up, even in the midst of alligators. And the odor? I mean, if she was killed on the 13th, we are talking days here, in July in NC and July in Texas. It's HOT.

Yeah, knowing you were on the way to Texas, just wrap her up in a shower curtain or a rug & dump her in the Big Muddy on the way. Or pull over & throw her in a swamp in Louisiana somewhere. Lotsa swamps. Lotsa bridges. Lotsa night-time. Maybe it was some kind of lark for them....

I also agree about their smarts... This is the stuff that LEO's & prosecutors dream about, IMO...

And those children. Pearls without price. Sleep well, babies, you are loved and prayed-for by many, many.

I copied (not knowing how to do a screen capture and the copy link wouldn't work) the following info (see below) from Clark County, Nevada's marriage certificate records. Of course, you know, that is Las Vegas. In just over a year, they'd see a new baby born, Amanda's mother die and themselves in prison facing murder charges. :shakehead:

Record Date : 4/28/2010 12:32:24 PM
# of Pages: 1
Book Type: MAR
Document Type: (MC) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Modifier
Groom: HAYES, GRANT RUFFIN III
Bride: SMITH, AMANDA
Acknowledgement Date: 4/19/2010
Marriage Date 4/19/2010 12:00:00 AM
Marriage Certificate #: 20100419000263260

jmt you don't have to do a screencapture. What you did is just fine. All you need to do is just add the link of the webpage you got the info from...:)

If you use a PC (windows) and have the paint program if you want to do a screen cap 1. find the page you want to capture (or part of video..etc) hold down the ctrl + Alt buttons and hit print screen.

Open your paint program and just hit the Paste button and the screen capture will pop up in the program. then if you want you can crop. :) HTH in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010