GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boodles, just from the tiny bit we've learned so far about these two, I don't think they'll be able to turn on each other fast enough. I do think, however, as much as GH seems to love himself, he'll be the first to flip and probably has told his version of what happened, to the detail, already. I bet he couldn't wait to start talking in an attempt to save his sorry skin.

Maybe being seperated from her newborn will encourage some cooperation from AH. At any rate, I don't see this a case that will drag on for years and years. Somebody will make a deal quick, IMO, and be the star witness against the other.

Rockit, what would your opinion be? Think they'll turn on each other? If so, who do you think will sing (pun not intended) first?

I totally agree. If you look at their pictures on his FB account (titled Haze family I think - they are added to his wall, but not in the photos section at the top), they look so normal and she looks like a VERY loving mother and step mother.

I totally agree. If you look at their pictures on his FB account (titled Haze family I think - they are added to his wall, but not in the photos section at the top), they look so normal and she looks like a VERY loving mother and step mother.

I agree, but I wonder where all of that maternal instinct was when she was participating in, a. the murder, b. the dismemberment, c. the trip to Texas, d. the disposal of the body parts in the creek.
I just cannot imagine that she was so consumed with getting rid of LA's body that she never gave a moment's thought to her own future if/when they got caught. To include the futures of her weeks-old baby and the two little boys. There are SO many unanswered questions so far and I hope some answers will start to surface soon. I don't think I can wait 3 or 4 years for this to go to trial before we find out the details.
If her love for her new baby and her 21 or so year old daughter is what it should be, I can see her trying to plea deal even as I type....turning on him in a heartbeat.

A little off topic, but does anyone have additional info about the location of the dump spot? I know we're talking about 60 miles south of Houston, but I'm looking for more specifics.

Search <modsnip> Skinner Lane, Richmond, TX

Her family might not have known....maybe they did it at night or something. Maybe they told them the coolers were from hunting or fishing, or food they purchased on the way down.

BTW I've heard some here say it's a 20 hour trip...If that's what the maps say, fine, but they had to probably stop every few hours to feed and change the baby. So I think it probably took much longer, JMHO.

Search 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, TX

I used Google maps and then switched to the earth mode and it's a satellite view from above showing the house, the creek and the surrounding area. Looks somewhat secluded.
Thanks for sending the street address, I couldn't remember if it had been posted or not.

I am very curious about the death of AH first husband. They lived in a very little town near Lubbock. She's been long gone from there for quite some time, but it made me wonder if they even know about this case? Since they knew her as either AE or AS, and since I haven't seen this story on any national coverage.

I am very curious about the death of AH first husband. They lived in a very little town near Lubbock. She's been long gone from there for quite some time, but it made me wonder if they even know about this case? Since they knew her as either AE or AS, and since I haven't seen this story on any national coverage.

ME TOO...and I am looking, believe me.

The NS husband you refer to was her 2nd husband. SE of Farmington NM, then Burnet, TX was the first. This is the one she had a daughter with and then divorced.

NS of Lubbock/Olton was her second. He founded and owned a utility company and was well to do. Amanda Smith started a company called "Kind Animal Toys" - didn't do too well. Then she moved to NY so pursue a career in acting after NS passed away at the young age of 41. NS's brother Ricky took over the business.

That AS claim to have been in the Stepford Wives remake is BS, as is any claim she made to having been in Hollywood.

Someone with the last name Perry in the VI was her third husband I presume, since her name changed from Smith to Perry, and Perry is not a family name of hers from her mother (Abernathy per AH's father Jesse Abernathy), or her mother's 2 other prior husband (Tucker and another name not Perry).

GH is her 4th husband I believe.

Search 4336 Skinner Lane, Richmond, TX

Thanks Boodles! Really helps to get into their heads a little bit to see what they were dealing with. That secluded, murky creek did probably seem like a good option, and they were likely at least somewhat confident that LE would not show up there and find the body.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone had mentioned the gator(s) at some point (maybe as a reason they wouldn't go near the water). Maybe someone in sis's family even mentioned that the creek often smelled (JMO).

I gotta say I was in respectful disagreement w/ ya about AH's family knowing something, until I checked this out on google maps. I was picturing more of a body of water running through a wooded property; somewhere they felt would be easy stay undected doing the deed, or at least have a "peaceful picnic down by the water" excuse to be there.

I'm sure it's "prettier" in the summer (things always look so barren in winter google map shots), but this just looks like a muddy hole across the street from the house. Not somewhere anyone visiting family with a new baby would venture for recreational activities, especially with those gators swimming around!

I'm still having a hard time grasping how so many people ended up going along with this whole scheme, whether by the coercion of one master manipulater (GH) or two. But now I'm also struggling with how the heck they would position their reasoning for driving all the way out there with a newborn, UHaul and all. You'd think a normal person in sis's position would just say "you're crazy. I'll just fly to NC to see you guys."

Laura posted the following on a Gmail help forum on 11/3/2010:

"My ex, whom I have children with, got into my current email account and started using my email to slander me. I need the past account activity to prove it in court and to our court ordered psychological evaluator, for our child custody suite. How can I achieve this?
Also, he deleted a gmail account of mine almost 9 months ago. Is there any way to retrieve the messages or restore that account? I had photos and a ton of evidence in that email account that would make proving myself in this case very easy."

http://www.google.com.cy/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=53de719e3a90e52c&hl=en

Wow.

This could explain a few things. Once you have control of someone's email account you can make it look like they are involved in some pretty unsavory things in the eyes of a judge.

I wonder if LA discovered and documented drug use, drug distribution or something similar?

ME TOO...and I am looking, believe me.

The NS husband you refer to was her 2nd husband. SE of Farmington NM, then Burnet, TX was the first. This is the one she had a daughter with and then divorced.

NS of Lubbock/Olton was her second. He founded and owned a utility company and was well to do. Amanda Smith started a company called "Kind Animal Toys" - didn't do too well. Then she moved to NY so pursue a career in acting after NS passed away at the young age of 41. NS's brother Ricky took over the business.

That AS claim to have been in the Stepford Wives remake is BS, as is any claim she made to having been in Hollywood.

Someone with the last name Perry in the VI was her third husband I presume, since her name changed from Smith to Perry, and Perry is not a family name of hers from her mother (Abernathy per AH's father Jesse Abernathy), or her mother's 2 other prior husband (Tucker and another name not Perry).

GH is her 4th husband I believe.

hmm! 4 husbands? That seems like alot for her age! She has no criminal history at all? not saying having 4 husbands is bad but she was only 39. :twocents:

Thanks Boodles! Really helps to get into their heads a little bit to see what they were dealing with. That secluded, murky creek did probably seem like a good option, and they were likely at least somewhat confident that LE would not show up there and find the body.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone had mentioned the gator(s) at some point (maybe as a reason they wouldn't go near the water). Maybe someone in sis's family even mentioned that the creek often smelled (JMO)."

I am 100% sure the Oyster Creek remains disposal was Amanda's idea. She either knew firsthand or through her relative that is is a dark, muddy, murky waterway where things sink and get entagled or eaten by gators.

I am 100% sure she told GH "I know where we can get rid of her remains where no one will ever find them".

Problem is... (1) they did not expect the RPD to react so fast and be at the relative's house the day after learning where they went, (2) one of the coolers was left at the creek shore, (3) the torso became entangled in weeds due to the lower than average water levels.

The FBC Sheriff (God bless him) talked about the 40 miles of LA swamp and no mans land they drove through to get to TX, but I can easily envision GH or AH thinking that dumping in a place they think is remote could also be a place hunters or others frequent....or that if someone saw them pull off the road they would remember.

If i was her family i would be ticked off that they came and dumped a body in my back yard! :sick:

Its kind of telling about AH. She might not be so innocent in this murder. She dumped a dismembered in her sisters backyard creek! moo

I am 100% sure the Oyster Creek remains disposal was Amanda's idea. She either knew firsthand or through her relative that is is a dark, muddy, murky waterway where things sink and get entagled or eaten by gators.

I am 100% sure she told GH "I know where we can get rid of her remains where no one will ever find them".

Problem is... (1) they did not expect the RPD to react so fast and be at the relative's house the day after learning where they went, (2) one of the coolers was left at the creek shore, (3) the torso became entangled in weeds due to the lower than average water levels.

The FBC Sheriff (God bless him) talked about the 40 miles of LA swamp and no mans land they drove through to get to TX, but I can easily envision GH or AH thinking that dumping in a place they think is remote could also be a place hunters or others frequent....or that if someone saw them pull off the road they would remember.

That is exactly what I've been thinking! I bet they did consider a ton of places they passed, as the sheriff suggested, but didn't know for sure how "safe" a dump site each was.

This creek, they were sure of: it's seclusion, it's use, and as I said before, possibly even it's gator. And they could have gotten away with it, if not for some fast acting LE.

The leaving behind of the cooler is interesting though, as was the alleged blood found in the boat. I wonder if perhaps they were interrupted mid-cleanup - maybe by someone who wasn't supposed to know...

This is a list of items GH and AH were trying to unload on craigslist to build up some cash right around and after Laura's murder:

Continental walnut Halltree 1880 - $2000 (Raleigh, NC ) Date: 2011-07-11, 9:57PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/atq/2489510897.html

Awesome Leather Living room set! - $1000 (Raleigh, NC) Date: 2011-07-14, 11:45AM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/2493826660.html

2 Studio Monitors HSM80 - $450 (Raleigh, NC) Date: 2011-07-14, 3:16PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/2487699159.html

15in Macbook Pro - $1200 (Raleigh, NC). Date: 2011-07-15, 12:55PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/2495718497.html (was deleted by poster)

the 2 studio monitors were new info to me today, but the other 3 listings have been posted in this thread already.

I bet he sold the Macbook and that was enough for them to split town for the time being.

I actually inquired about the Living Room Set, not that I wanted to buy it - just curious to see what the response would be. Never heard back.

Re: the Uhaul. They could have told TX relatives they were selling/picking up furniture along the way or some other reason. Remember, LA wasn't "missing" yet or in the news. If a relative showed up at my house with a Uhaul and an explanation, I'd buy it. I wouldn't for a minute think anything sinister or nefarious. We are a normal family - maybe they were too?

This is a list of items GH and AH were trying to unload on craigslist to build up some cash right around and after Laura's murder:

Continental walnut Halltree 1880 - $2000 (Raleigh, NC ) Date: 2011-07-11, 9:57PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/atq/2489510897.html

Awesome Leather Living room set! - $1000 (Raleigh, NC) Date: 2011-07-14, 11:45AM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/fuo/2493826660.html

2 Studio Monitors HSM80 - $450 (Raleigh, NC) Date: 2011-07-14, 3:16PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/2487699159.html

15in Macbook Pro - $1200 (Raleigh, NC). Date: 2011-07-15, 12:55PM EDT
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/sys/2495718497.html (was deleted by poster)

the 2 studio monitors are new info to me, but the other 3 listings have been posted in this thread already.

I bet he sold the Macbook and that was enough for them to split town for the time being.

I actually inquired about the Living Room Set, not that I wanted to buy it - just curious to see what the response would be. Never heard back.

Wonder why u never heard back? :floorlaugh:

Anybody have an account on ancestry.com? Or want to sign for a free trial? (I am over my free trial period and just had to cancel my account to cut back on spending - ugh...so my husband would kill me.

Anyhow, I'm trying to sleuth something re: AH and hoping someone can help.

Per poster Rockit (BTW WELCOME! ... your insight and personal relationship with LA/GH is invaluable) and others who were somewhat fooled by GH, I read an interview conducted with him by the local Carolina12 Magazine May - June 2008. here is an interesting exchange:

Interviewer: What are your long term goals?

Grant Haze: Number one, I want to be a good father. If I do end up bagging groceries I want my children to like me and when they're my age I want them to think that their dad was the coolest guy. (*my comment: I assume he is going on to 'Number two' at this point...*) I would also like to give my friends the opportunity to see the world the way I've seen the world, and my friends that play music I could set them up, put them on and get them out there.

I guess Laura didn't make the cut for long term goals, even back then after their first child.

First off, I think GH's self-stated #1 long term goal is out the window at this point. The "coolest guy" doesn't murder and dismember your mother and then try to feed her to gators.

As for #2, isn't it amazing how he assumes that the world through his eyes is something to be treasured?! THAT, right there sums him up IMO. What an egotistical sociopath.

I also think IMO, that his mother PH has played a role in this whole thing - at least indirectly. Based on her comments the week LA was missing she probably reinforced in her son that his relationship with LA was beneath such a artistic genius former pre-med renaissance man (even after 2 children and her supporting his career) and that he deserved much better...maybe a Hollywood Actress!

Per poster Rockit (BTW WELCOME! ... your insight and personal relationship with LA/GH is invaluable) and others who were somewhat fooled by GH, I read an interview conducted with him by the local Carolina12 Magazine May - June 2008. here is an interesting exchange:

I guess Laura didn't make the cut for long term goals, even back then after their first child.

First off, I think GH's self-stated #1 long term goal is out the window at this point. The "coolest guy" doesn't murder and dismember your mother and then try to feed her to gators.

As for #2, isn't it amazing how he assumes that the world through his eyes is something to be treasured?! THAT, right there sums him up IMO. What an egotistical sociopath.

I also think IMO, that his mother PH has played a role in this whole thing - at least indirectly. Based on her comments the week LA was missing she probably reinforced in her son that his relationship with LA was beneath such a artistic genius former pre-med renaissance man (even after 2 children and her supporting his career) and that he deserved much better...maybe a Hollywood Actress!

Did you watch his You Tube "interview"? It is unbelievable. He talks about himself as "perfect" and about how much everybody loves him. It is very painful to watch this interview (4 or 5 parts), but quite enlightening. Someone on another forum called it "the most awkward interview in the history of You Tube." This guy adores himself.

Also, I did not understand the many people dissing Grant's mother until today. Now, I have come to agree that she was no advocate for Laura, and her statement about "kids get over things..." (paraphrasing) as though Laura was never returning, is haunting. And the children are with her!

Unless she has changed a lot her picture has been on the news in Tx. She lived outside of Houston in Incs Lake, tx when she was married to Nicky Smith.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8271256

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8269452

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8268981

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics