GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the Uhaul. They could have told TX relatives they were selling/picking up furniture along the way or some other reason. Remember, LA wasn't "missing" yet or in the news. If a relative showed up at my house with a Uhaul and an explanation, I'd buy it. I wouldn't for a minute think anything sinister or nefarious. We are a normal family - maybe they were too?

I was thinking the same thing about the Uhaul - that in and of itself isn't nefarious, and I agree that any normal family wouldn't think twice if given an explanation.

I even think the concept of visiting with a newborn might not be construed as that odd - when you consider what AH likely looked like to her family: the free spirit artist who's lived all over the place and never seems tied down. Maybe they assumed having a kid wouldn't change that wanderlust (though I might add that I'm fairly adventurous, and I'm pretty sure mine hadn't even been out of the house yet at that age!)

It's the other factors that are really turning my opinion of the either the family's involvement, or even just their discovery that something was way off:
  • The driving that far and only staying for less than two days. I don't know how AH brought that up as a valid plan without someone advising against it. I'd voice concern over something like that, even with the older sons. It's just a long time to be in a car for kids, with pretty much no break before turning back around. I wonder if they'd given the image to the family of staying longer, but made up an excuse to take off.
  • The showing up, and then spending a good deal of time away from the kids (I sincerely hope at least!) toiling around in the muddy creek. "Here sis - watch the kids. We're, what, going boating?" "Now we're cleaning coolers, wanna help?"
Just seems so, so odd to me. IMO, either they sprung it on sis in advance, or got caught (or at least questioned) and asked them to cover. The latter still seems viable, as someone in that house immediately cracked and lead LE right to the body.

LA hadn't been reported missing yet, but she hadn't shown to pick up the kids. Was GH pretending she'd be watching them while he took this little family vacation? If so, I wonder if the fam was just expecting the three of them? They might have been a bit surprised to see the other two kids. I wonder how the H's explained that? "Laura didn't show for some reason. Be right back, gotta dump this cooler." Just seems so, so, OFF, IMO.

That is exactly what I've been thinking! I bet they did consider a ton of places they passed, as the sheriff suggested, but didn't know for sure how "safe" a dump site each was.

This creek, they were sure of: it's seclusion, it's use, and as I said before, possibly even it's gator. And they could have gotten away with it, if not for some fast acting LE.

The leaving behind of the cooler is interesting though, as was the alleged blood found in the boat. I wonder if perhaps they were interrupted mid-cleanup - maybe by someone who wasn't supposed to know...

I wish every law enforcement agency would work together as quickly and as well as the NC police and Tx Sheriff did. A few days could have been a whole different story.

Did you watch his You Tube "interview"? It is unbelievable. He talks about himself as "perfect" and about how much everybody loves him. It is very painful to watch this interview (4 or 5 parts), but quite enlightening. Someone on another forum called it "the most awkward interview in the history of You Tube." This guy adores himself.

Also, I did not understand the many people dissing Grant's mother until today. Now, I have come to agree that she was no advocate for Laura, and her statement about "kids get over things..." (paraphrasing) as though Laura was never returning, is haunting. And the children are with her!

Do you have links of those You Tube videos? Any links for video of Patsy Hayes? Did his father speak publicly at all? Is his father still a minister? And where?

If i was her family i would be ticked off that they came and dumped a body in my back yard! :sick:

Its kind of telling about AH. She might not be so innocent in this murder. She dumped a dismembered in her sisters backyard creek! moo

IMO Its a very selfish person(s) who would even consider dragging their family in the middle of something so horrendous! Think of all the negative things they are having to endure because of it!

I can find them later, but look on You Tube, look for MrGrantHaze channel.

This case is on Jane Velez Mitchell now.

IMO Its a very selfish person(s) who would even consider dragging their family in the middle of something so horrendous! Think of all the negative things they are having to endure because of it!

Right! and another thing that bothered me about her was that if she was made to go along with this, why in the heck would she tell him lets take her to my sisters backyard!!!! quite telling to me!;)

Respectfully snipped:

It's the other factors that are really turning my opinion of the either the family's involvement, or even just their discovery that something was way off:

Just seems so, so odd to me. IMO, either they sprung it on sis in advance, or got caught (or at least questioned) and asked them to cover. The latter still seems viable, as someone in that house immediately cracked and lead LE right to the body.

Forgive me if I am wrong but imo the family might not have known beforehand but they had to suspect something when they showed up with all those coolers and they helped clean them. As I have said previously human blood has its own smell.

I can find them later, but look on You Tube, look for MrGrantHaze channel.

This case is on Jane Velez Mitchell now.

I had jvm on and turned it because they were talking about casey! :innocent: I want to see nancy about the little girl missing in NH. I wish nancy would do a update on this case. moo

Right! and another thing that bothered me about her was that if she was made to go along with this, why in the heck would she tell him lets take her to my sisters backyard!!!! quite telling to me!;)

Ooooh, great point! Not exactly the reaction of a frightened abuse victim forced into compliance. There's no way she'd volunteer to bring her sister down if she were remorseful or terrified.

I'd also be curious to hear, from the family's perspective, how she was acting those few days. You'd think sis would be able to tell right away if something seemed off (she's nervous, jumpy, scared, etc), at least in hindsight. That would be a HUGE difference, IMO between someone forced to play along vs. someone dead-set on hiding evidence from a murder she fully supported, and as such, pretending that everything is fine. JMO.

Here is the link to the You Tube interview, Part 1 - there are 5 parts to the interview. I apologize in advance that this link results in displaying his face in this post. I can't seem to paste the link without it showing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvTHX_EhJ_0

ME TOO...and I am looking, believe me.

The NS husband you refer to was her 2nd husband. SE of Farmington NM, then Burnet, TX was the first. This is the one she had a daughter with and then divorced.

NS of Lubbock/Olton was her second. He founded and owned a utility company and was well to do. Amanda Smith started a company called "Kind Animal Toys" - didn't do too well. Then she moved to NY so pursue a career in acting after NS passed away at the young age of 41. NS's brother Ricky took over the business.

That AS claim to have been in the Stepford Wives remake is BS, as is any claim she made to having been in Hollywood.

Someone with the last name Perry in the VI was her third husband I presume, since her name changed from Smith to Perry, and Perry is not a family name of hers from her mother (Abernathy per AH's father Jesse Abernathy), or her mother's 2 other prior husband (Tucker and another name not Perry).

GH is her 4th husband I believe.

Inks Lake appears to be in Burnet County. I searched the district court but found no probate filed there (was hoping to find some info on will, heirs, etc.) I also searched police incident reports for that date, but I don't have an address. I have a report of a DOA in Inks Lake village that day (which isn't very big) at 7:15 pm but I can't confirm the address to say it's him. He is listed in SSDI, but did not appear to be recieving SSI benefits prior to his death. Ancestry has past addresses and name of ex-wife (they married in 1980 at 22), but I can't see them because my membership ran out. So pretty stuck. Olton appears to be in Lamb county but Lamb county records aren't searchable online from what I can tell.

Unless she has changed a lot her picture has been on the news in Tx. She lived outside of Houston in Incs Lake, tx when she was married to Nicky Smith.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8271256

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8269452

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=8268981

Inks Lake is up NW of Austin, so I'm not sure if they would get Houston news. And his family is from Lubbock area - way across the state.

I am wondering about the dismemberment. Do you think possibly that GH & AH had several motives for this? Possibly...

1 - "lose" parts of the body quickly to help avoid the determination of the cause of death.

2 - Easier "transport" of body - easier to move and dispose?

3 - Alligators take care of body.

But, what if, what if... What if they are looking for notoriety? What if they killed her in a rage; then the dismemberment was for attention? What if they want a high-priced attorney to represent them because it might turn in to a high profile case because of the dismemberment? What if they will then as others have noted, finger-point each other in order to try to "get off"??

Grrrrr.... These two BOTH better at the very least spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

I agree, coco, that these two numb-nuts (JMO) owe Laura and her sons, the baby girl, other family members and friends, and the State of NC, the rest of their lives till Death parts them from this earth. But I don't see a high-profile private defense attorney jumping in to help them out. Possibly some young up & comer who hopes to build his/her rep on a case like this, but I don't know... Plus, the attys. in the Capital Defender's Office are very fine and quite capable -- they could do a lot worse for losta money.

You do offer a theory that is possible for those two, who, IMO, don't have a nickel or a good IQ between them. Arrogance can get not-so-smart folks in a lot of bad, bad trouble. All, JMHO.

Further, another question we WS'ers might discuss is whether they will be tried separately or not. Hmmmm. When will the he-said-she-said part of this start? :waitasec:

I also searched police incident reports for that date, but I don't have an address. I have a report of a DOA in Inks Lake village that day (which isn't very big) at 7:15 pm but I can't confirm the address to say it's him. He is listed in SSDI, but did not appear to be recieving SSI benefits prior to his death.

The obit reports "He died Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2000, at his home." (which jives with the DOA report, then "The family suggests memorials to the Christopher Reeves Paralysis Foundation".

OK, his mother's actual words:

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/19/65/police-need-help-locating-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/

When we asked Patsy Hayes how the boys were handling the disappearance of their mother she said, "They get over things a lot faster and they could probably not be affected by things as much as adults are. You know because they are small and they're very resilient so they probably figure they're just staying with Dad now."

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/texas-59398-department-richmond.html

Patsy Hayes, Grant Hayes’ mother, declined comment when contacted by The Free Press, but had the two boys, ages 1 and 3, that Hayes fathered with Ackerson, as well as the month-old daughter of Grant and Amanda Hayes, in her care.

The obit reports "He died Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2000, at his home." (which jives with the DOA report, then "The family suggests memorials to the Christopher Reeves Paralysis Foundation".

Ur the bomb! They were not married very long before he died. I take it he must of been paralyzed or maybe someone close in the family.

OK, his mother's actual words:

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/19/65/police-need-help-locating-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/
When we asked Patsy Hayes how the boys were handling the disappearance of their mother she said, "They get over things a lot faster and they could probably not be affected by things as much as adults are. You know because they are small and they're very resilient so they probably figure they're just staying with Dad now."

Here is what bothers me about this quote: it was made TUE 7/19...only four days after LA had initially been reported missing. No signs of foul play, her car had not been located yet. Yes, it was abnormal for LA to go a day without speaking to her sons, yes, her co-workers and friends were worried...but at that stage for the mother of GH to imply this was a long-term or permanent situation they would need to "get over" is pretty odd. Its as if she knew LA was dead.

I agree, coco, that these two numb-nuts (JMO) owe Laura and her sons, the baby girl, other family members and friends, and the State of NC, the rest of their lives till Death parts them from this earth. But I don't see a high-profile private defense attorney jumping in to help them out. Possibly some young up & comer who hopes to build his/her rep on a case like this, but I don't know... Plus, the attys. in the Capital Defender's Office are very fine and quite capable -- they could do a lot worse for losta money.

You do offer a theory that is possible for those two, who, IMO, don't have a nickel or a good IQ between them. Arrogance can get not-so-smart folks in a lot of bad, bad trouble. All, JMHO.

Further, another question we WS'ers might discuss is whether they will be tried separately or not. Hmmmm. When will the he-said-she-said part of this start? :waitasec:

Im sure its already starting. :rolleyes: Do u know if they were arraigned together? I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62