GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just said on the news that Laura's two little boys are in the custody of his parents. They didn't mention his baby girl.

I have to say, if those boys had my sisters' blood running through their veins, it would be a COLD day in he!! before I would stand by and let the parents of the person that murdered her raise those boys.

But, that's just me and my mean mama bear coming out !

I agree that it could be money for that trip. I believe the asking price was $1,000. However, I felt like it might also contain evidence, which I'll leave to your imagination. If they sold it - it would be hard for police to find it and test it. It's just a guess.

Also, has anyone thought about the fact that if she died on the 13th and they arrived in Texas on the 18th - they had a dead body with them for that many days. They ate meals, went to bed, took care of their kids, posted on craigslist and facebook, made their horrible plans - all while they were concealing a dead body. What an awful thought.:(

I have to say, if those boys had my sisters' blood running through their veins, it would be a COLD day in he!! before I would stand by and let the parents of the person that murdered her raise those boys.

But, that's just me and my mean mama bear coming out !

Totally agreed! I DO NOT WANT THESE BOYS WITH GH'S PARENTS!

I wonder what the Haze's previous spouses would have to say about this case.

Grant Hayes was married at age 18 to "ballerina" named Emily. I met her a couple of times many years ago but have no idea why or when she and Grant divorced.

From research I found that Amanda married N<modsnip> M<modsnip> S<modsnip> in 1998 but he died at age 41 in 2000 while still married to Amanda. He owned a electric company in Hale County, Texas.

I wonder how he died at such a young age?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8273159&rss=rss-wtvd-article-8273159

Friend says that GH and wife are not "monsters." Oh really? They sawed up the body of a young mother (while her little ones were in their care) and plotted to dump her parts in a creek all the way across the country...hauling said parts in coolers, while their little children rode along.
While I appreciate someone for speaking up for their friends.....I have to say, if they aren't "monsters," then monsters aren't real.....

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8273159&rss=rss-wtvd-article-8273159

Friend says that GH and wife are not "monsters." Oh really? They sawed up the body of a young mother (while her little ones were in their care) and plotted to dump her parts in a creek all the way across the country...hauling said parts in coolers, while their little children rode along.
While I appreciate someone for speaking up for their friends.....I have to say, if they aren't "monsters," then monsters aren't real.....

I hate to reply to my own post...but everyone should read this article. It just infuriates me the way that this friend compares LA with the wife. GRRR....

Not nice. Not nice at all.

All his friends are saying the same thing. What does it take for someone to be a monster "in their eyes". If it were their friend MURDERED AND DISMEMBERED what would they say? How can they possibly justify that statement after what GH and AH have done.

This was premeditated and in a big way involving both, days in advance at least. MOO

Custody arrangements
*In the initial stages of the legal war, the court ruled in favor of Grant Hayes, granting on June 29, 2010, under an “emergency status” his request for temporary custody of the two children.
The arrangements of the agreement were:
— Ackerson would have custody of the boys beginning at 5 p.m. on Friday and ending at 5 p.m. Sunday.
— The two were ordered to swap the children in Wilson at the Sheetz gas station near the U.S. 301 exit for Downing Street off U.S. 264.
— Neither party could make derogatory comments about the other in the presence of the two children, nor could they allow anyone else to, as well.
— They could not discuss the case or involve the children in the case.
— The parent with the children must allow “reasonable” telephone contact twice a day for 15 minutes between the hours of 10 a.m. and 8 p.m.
With the agreement, the court ordered the two parents pay for and complete a forensic psychology evaluation with Dr. Ginger Calloway in Raleigh. Calloway declined comment, directing The Free Press to the couple’s civil suit case file.
On Dec. 9, Ackerson asked the court to modify temporary child custody arrangement in Hayes’ name to one of primary care in her name.
She said Hayes was “intentionally delaying completion of the child custody forensic psychology evaluation, in order to keep temporary custody” by failing to schedule home visits, and to meet other requirements.

These arrangements should have allowed for a safe exchange of the kids, with no arguments allowed. Hayes narcissitic sociopath ways could not stand the lack of control he had over LA and the truth she was exposing in court about him. He didn't want to give her the satisfaction of seeing the kids. He got AH brainwashed enough to consider LA crazy and an awful mom. He thought he could get away with this and they plotted their stupid plan. He must have strangled her at the gas station, and she drove his car while he left with hers.

Good work to those detectives.

There are alligators from eastern NC to eastern Tx. They could have left her just about anywhere to be eaten by gators. Why take her all the way to AH's sister's house in Tx. Why not just stop by the Dismal Swamp in NC?

Louisiana would of probally been the best bet! :sick: I cant wait to hear why they picked that little creek behind sisters house. Im telling you just plain bizarre. moo I hope they get DP! very gruesome crime.

So maybe not stupid, per se. Perhaps just over confident in their ability to stay ahead of law enforcement. Maybe they purposely came completely clean about the Uhaul / trip to Texas, thinking the body was long gone from the work of wild animals.

This, my friend, is the downfall of almost every criminal. Yep. But I'd still say stupid too. :crazy:

Like someone said earlier, there was an alligator in the water next to the relative's home so maybe they were hoping the body would be eaten. That's a lot of hope though in my book. Too risky for me.

This, my friend, is the downfall of almost every criminal. Yep. But I'd still say stupid too. :crazy:

Like someone said earlier, there was an alligator in the water next to the relative's home so maybe they were hoping the body would be eaten. That's a lot of hope though in my book. Too risky for me.

Yep, one lone alligator in that creek when millions in the next state over. I guess they didnt watch the show swamp people. shivers!!!! dumb criminals and i hope they pay! :twocents:

Thanks, Kat -

Well, well, he IS just full of himself, huh?!

A little bit of self-love is necessary & healthy, but, like nearly all things, moderation is the key.

"I'm too sexy for my hat, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for one woman,...." excuse my paraphrasing here, but I just had to sing a little....

I got a bit carried away.
icon11.gif

LOLOLOL! Love your singing first thing this morning!

RALEIGH, N.C. &#8211; Texas officials called off the search for the rest of Laura Ackerson&#8217;s remains after they were positively identified as that of the missing Kinston mother.

On Tuesday, officials determined that the remains found in Oyster Creek, Texas were Laura Ackerson&#8217;s using dental records. Officials say they called the search for the rest of the remains off because they say there is nothing more they can do.

http://www2.wnct.com/news/2011/jul/19/64/police-need-help-locating-missing-kinston-woman-ar-1220116/

This morning's article in the N&O that has a tiny bit of information in it that I had not read previously.
http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/07/27/1371794/murder-dismemberment-suspects.html

Thanks. The motive just clicked for me while reading that. They wanted to move but were tied to those custody arrangements. The items they were selling on CL is also evidence they were preparing to move. I bet they had given notice where they were renting. My guess is they wanted to go to NY.

Thanks. The motive just clicked for me while reading that. They wanted to move but were tied to those custody arrangements. The items they were selling on CL is also evidence they were preparing to move. I bet they had given notice where they were renting. My guess is they wanted to go to NY.

Geez, why didnt he just give the boys to her? If he wanted to move? He still would of had to support them either way! stupid!!!

I am wondering about the dismemberment. Do you think possibly that GH & AH had several motives for this? Possibly...

1 - "lose" parts of the body quickly to help avoid the determination of the cause of death.

2 - Easier "transport" of body - easier to move and dispose?

3 - Alligators take care of body.

But, what if, what if... What if they are looking for notoriety? What if they killed her in a rage; then the dismemberment was for attention? What if they want a high-priced attorney to represent them because it might turn in to a high profile case because of the dismemberment? What if they will then as others have noted, finger-point each other in order to try to "get off"??

Grrrrr.... These two BOTH better at the very least spend the rest of their lives behind bars.

Geez, why didnt he just give the boys to her? If he wanted to move? He still would of had to support them either way! stupid!!!

Stupid for sure. But also, a tremendous amount of power and control involved, IMO.

Plus, I wonder how hard AH was fighting to keep those boys at that point. She's been involved with Grant since the boys were very young (a few have purported perhaps since before the youngest was even born), and has heard over how unfit and unstable LA is as a mother.

If she has any shred of decency in her body, she likely felt pretty protective of those children, especially in light of all the allegations GH was throwing out there. Hence, another problem for Grant. He knows he was full of it, but can't just pull a 180 and relinquish custody. How would he explain that to AH? "False alarm - things are better now!" doesn't quite work, and you can't exactly admit to the mother of your newborn daughter that you were manipulating the system to interfere with your ex's custody rights.

I just wonder how that would work. Assuming there were a time that AH truly believed they were acting in the best interest of the kids, how could GH change that view without showing his true colors? Just a thought...

Laura posted the following on a Gmail help forum on 11/3/2010:

"My ex, whom I have children with, got into my current email account and started using my email to slander me. I need the past account activity to prove it in court and to our court ordered psychological evaluator, for our child custody suite. How can I achieve this?
Also, he deleted a gmail account of mine almost 9 months ago. Is there any way to retrieve the messages or restore that account? I had photos and a ton of evidence in that email account that would make proving myself in this case very easy."

http://www.google.com.cy/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=53de719e3a90e52c&hl=en

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member