GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if she knew about the song?

she did know about it he played it around town...many people have heard it but grant is all talk so i'm sure, just like everyone else she didn't put a lot of stock into it.

I'm guessing that RPD got the song off his computer files? Or did someone give them a tip? I need to look back at the article.

Where does LA's brother live? Her father and brother in law are Michigan. Is her mother deceased?

Someone gave them the tip.

I'm guessing that RPD got the song off his computer files? Or did someone give them a tip? I need to look back at the article.

Where does LA's brother live? Her father and brother in law are Michigan. Is her mother deceased?

Her mother and father are divorced; they both reside in MI.
Her brother lives in Raleigh area.

You are not the only one who feels this way by any stretch. The reason AH is not being discussed "too" liberally is that some of her past issues would require conjecture about and sleuthing people from her past who are not involved in this case.

AH has done a really good job of concealing her past to some degree, even in the digital era. People usually do this for a reason, nothing to fear - nothing to hide right?

I have to agree with you totally on this. Even when she moved to Raleigh, she did a wonderful job of staying below the radar. What she told to people was that she was a hollywood star who made it big in her role in the "stepford wives" movie. I never looked it up to see at the time because she had a really nice flat (from what my friends say) in NY. I stopped hanging out wtih Grant and distanced myself from Laura after an anniversary event prior to him packing up his family to follow a raliegh chic to the st. john.

BBM. I'm still unsure of her involvement (whether it was fully willing or coerced), but either way I don't think she was controlled through overt fear at this point. Sociopaths manipulate in a variety of ways, and I think in Amanda's case (and likely Laura's before her), Grant was at the stage of manipulating through the strongest feeling of "unconditional love" they'd ever felt from a man. "I can't possibly lose this man who loves me this much" can be just as strong a psychological control tactic than being fearful of one's safety / scared to leave.

The video below confirms that for me (just in my opinion only). Check out the 1:16 mark (but turn your sound down b/c the song is horrible!). To me, that is someone creating a situation where their "love" controls everything - eventually to the point where the victim only feels secure in an environment where the abuser is present. Would he have eventually turned outwardly abusive and/or violent? I'd venture so... But I think what you're seeing here is that first stage of "loving manipulation" that sucks so many women in.

Still not sure, however, whether AH was also a manipulator in her own right, or whether she got in over her head. Maybe she was so scared of losing Grant that she went along with hiding a body. Or maybe, she wanted Laura gone just as much as he did. I'm still on the fence on that.

Anyway, here's the video:
‪Hello Thursday Grant Haze‬‏ - YouTube

The more I think about how low on the radar she was...it's almost inapp b/c she really didn't go out to any of his functions. She wasn't out socializing but rather sent her daughter out with grant to IMO watch him because he was a womanizer. Very odd I think. More and more, I think she played a very large role in this. I just can't shake that feeling. I don't think he manipulate her. She was very very strong and independent; tell you like it is kinda gal. Laura was the exact opposite.

Where do you see this stuff? Is it Grant Haze or Hayes? When I'm on his Haze FB the last thing I see posted is from 7/13 about CSI.

Hi BrownRice, the FB page is under Grant Haze, and the amount you can see is based on your connections. Since I am a friend of one of his FB friend's, I can see the entire page. If you are not GH's friend or mutual friend, you have limited visibility.

Interestingly, there are a few comments about GH talking about doing this prior to the murder. There is also mention of a song called "Broomstick Ride"? about LA in which he talks about violence towards her.

However, I have not found that song....it would be interesting if anyone can find it or find the lyrics.

The more I think about how low on the radar she was...it's almost inapp b/c she really didn't go out to any of his functions. She wasn't out socializing but rather sent her daughter out with grant to IMO watch him because he was a womanizer. Very odd I think. More and more, I think she played a very large role in this. I just can't shake that feeling. I don't think he manipulate her. She was very very strong and independent; tell you like it is kinda gal. Laura was the exact opposite.

I don't know her, but I won't judge her on not being at all his functions. I dated a guy that played in several local bands for 3 years but I think that I probably went to maybe 10 shows the whole time. And unlike Grant (IMO) my ex is a very talented musician. Going to all his shows just isn't/wasn't my scene, plus I had a 8-5 job which makes hanging out at a bar until the wee hours not so appealing. Add my absolute hatred of cigarette smoke and the fact that Kings, Cats Cradle, The Brewery and Local 506 seem to pump smoke in through their air vents and I only went to the ones that were in Raleigh or Chapel Hill and on a Friday or Saturday night.

But I never had to send a family member to watch over him as my ex was very trustworthy.

Off topic! I just saw wear jason young was released on bond yesterday!:innocent:

she did know about it he played it around town...many people have heard it but grant is all talk so i'm sure, just like everyone else she didn't put a lot of stock into it.

BBM

Oh, I wish he was all talk. Sadly, that doesn't seem to be the case.

What a horrible song. On so many levels.

Hi BrownRice, the FB page is under Grant Haze, and the amount you can see is based on your connections. Since I am a friend of one of his FB friend's, I can see the entire page. If you are not GH's friend or mutual friend, you have limited visibility.

Interestingly, there are a few comments about GH talking about doing this prior to the murder. There is also mention of a song called "Broomstick Ride"? about LA in which he talks about violence towards her.

However, I have not found that song....it would be interesting if anyone can find it or find the lyrics.

Oh, gotcha. I didn't realize you were his "friend." :great:

ETA: - that song is referenced in this thread - try the previous page.

Quote: jrb0124
"it was an accident that snowballed out of control..."

Its gotta be something better than that! He would prob get life for that and dismemberment. jmo

~~~~~~

I believe that was a tongue in cheek comment and was borrowed from the Casey Anthony trial.

I don't care how now nice his friends say he was, GH is one sick puppy.

Its gotta be something better than that! He would prob get life for that and dismemberment. jmo

The other day I had a thought that this case kind of reminded me of the Tom Capano case from the 90's - just in raw similarities of course: the coolers, the completely callous and self-serving decision to involve family members (whether knowlingly or not) in the disposal of the contents of said coolers, the narcissist who was so used to controlling everything that he couldn't cope when not in control, etc.

But even more so now, I would almost expect this case play out similarly in court. Not sure what AH will decide to do, but I have this odd feeling that GH will plead not guilty, take the stand in his defense, and seriously beleive that he'll be able to use the "charm" and "guile" that has worked for him in the past to try to talk his way out of the situation. Just a thought...

The other day I had a thought that this case kind of reminded me of the Tom Capano case from the 90's - just in raw similarities of course: the coolers, the completely callous and self-serving decision to involve family members (whether knowlingly or not) in the disposal of the contents of said coolers, the narcissist who was so used to controlling everything that he couldn't cope when not in control, etc.

But even more so now, I would almost expect this case play out similarly in court. Not sure what AH will decide to do, but I have this odd feeling that GH will plead not guilty, take the stand in his defense, and seriously beleive that he'll be able to use the "charm" and "guile" that has worked for him in the past to try to talk his way out of the situation. Just a thought...

I kept thinking of the Capano case as well!!!

Any chance we will find out information on the cell phone records and the locations of those cell phones during the days in question?

My guess is the cell phone data will be damning. I doubt either GH or AH could go very long without their smartphones. And LA had to have one for her business meeting...plus the alleged change of plans which brought her to Raleigh.

LA's dad is seeking custody of the children, according to recent news. I have a totally different opinion then most about her family gaining custody of the children. for several reason.
# 1. Laura said very little about her family and was out of contact with them for many years. I don't buy that GH was the sole reason that she stayed away. I read somewhere that she had not been in contact for 5-10 years. She DID NOT reconnect after the relationship with Grant ended. WHy? LA lived with her brother and sister in law when she was a teen, according to her sister in law in a recent interview. Why? She did not make a relationship between her parents and the grandchildren. Who would keep their own parents out of their kids lives without good reason? IMO we have evidence that LA was keeping her children from her parents even after she was away from Grant.

#2 I do not agree that GH's mother is a bad person just because of the interviews. Laura was missing. Whether or not she knew LA had been killed, she was scared out of her mind for her son and grandkids. She knew if something happened to LA it would fall back on GH and then she would lose her son and possibly her granbabies. No matter what,your automatic response as a parent is to protect your own. This does not make her a terrible person. LA and the kids lived with her for a year or so. I think they should be with who they know. They have been through enough trauma already. IMO.

Another thing...

Women who are drawn to controlling, abusive, manipulative men, many times have a father who was much the same way. Just a thought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member