GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are ya'll able to hear Becky Holt (the prosecutor)? I can barely hear her on the live feed, although I can hear the witness perfectly.

I'm struggling to hear Becky H. too.

I know but with her testimony and now Laura's picture's, I am teary eyed.

It's easy to tell that she and Laura were very good friends. This testimony is difficult for her, her pain shows all over her face.
Laura was a very pretty woman.

This witness seems very credible to me,wonder what they'll be able to do on cross?Being new to this case,there's probably lots that I don't know.

and.... cross examination.

I have no idea why this witness testified except to say Laura said (hearsay?) of something happened to her, HG did it. Hmmmm. Am I missing something?

Pic of Laura shown in court:

LauraA_zps383e1aaf.jpg

I'm mostly only able to listen to the stream, could someone identify for me the male and female voices? i.e., defense/prosecution?

and.... cross examination.

I have no idea why this witness testified except to say Laura said (hearsay?) of something happened to her, HG did it. Hmmmm. Am I missing something?

She sets the timeline. If not for this woman, who knows when Laura would have been found, if ever? Laura didn't seem to have other people ho would notice her missing. :( It's pissing me off that the police depts kept sending her to other PDs (Kinston=>Wilson=>Raleigh). Thank god she persevered! She's key. She filed the missing persons reports. Bless her soul!

I can feel it...the defense is tip-toeing, but they want to slime Laura. Oh, they had better be careful!!

I've chatted with both Boz and Becky in the past (not at the same time). Boz is very young but yes, he's brilliant and he's dedicated and I think he has a bright future ahead of him. He's not a warm/fuzzy kind of lawyer and his style reminds me a bit of Arizona's Juan Martinez (of Jodi Arias fame)--kind of a pit bull but not nearly as intimidating as Mr. Martinez. Anyone who thinks Boz runs roughshod over witnesses should check out some of the direct and cross by Martinez in the Arias case, available on YouTube. Boz is like a cute little kitten in comparison. (hey kitten references... drink!)

Becky's closing arguments in the Jason Young trial were some of the very best I've seen (and I told her that).

I've chatted with both Boz and Becky in the past (not at the same time). Boz is very young but yes, he's brilliant and he's dedicated and I think he has a bright future ahead of him. He's not a warm/fuzzy kind of lawyer and his style reminds me a bit of Arizona's Juan Martinez (of Jodi Arias fame)--kind of a pit bull but not nearly as intimidating as Mr. Martinez. Anyone who thinks Boz runs roughshod over witnesses should check out some of the direct and cross by Martinez in the Arias case, available on YouTube. Boz is like a cute little kitten in comparison. (hey kitten references... drink!)

Becky's closing arguments in the Jason Young trial were some of the very best I've seen (and I told her that).

Gotcha. For the record, I do not appreciate JM's style. It got me very few friends, but I find him and a bully.

As for Becky, I remember that closing. Flawless!

She sets the timeline. If not for this woman, who knows when Laura would have been found, if ever? Laura didn't seem to have other people ho would notice her missing. :( It's pissing me off that the police depts kept sending her to other PDs (Kinston=>Wilson=>Raleigh). Thank god she persevered! She's key. She filed the missing persons reports. Bless her soul!

I can feel it...the defense is tip-toeing, but they want to slime Laura. Oh, they had better be careful!!

Hi Boodles :wave: ----wondering where you were!

Thanks for the background. Gives me a new perspective on the importance of this witness!

Gotcha. For the record, I do not appreciate JM's style. It got me very few friends, but I find him and a bully. As for Becky, I remember that closing. Flawless!

Martinez's style is not for the faint of heart, that's for sure. Boz is aggressive but nowhere near to the level of JM and certainly not with his own witnesses. Martinez, by comparison, is aggressive with everyone, including his own witnesses.

Becky's closing in the JY case really was a work of art. She was focused and articulate and I was very pleasantly surprised at how well it went.

what is the deal with GH's fingernails? I just saw him when he came back in the court room and was talking to his lawyer (with lawyers arm around him, yuck) and his fingernails look like a woman's, all filed pointy and all. What in the world? people who know him, has he always kept his fingernails like that??

what is the deal with GH's fingernails? I just saw him when he came back in the court room and was talking to his lawyer (with lawyers arm around him, yuck) and his fingernails look like a woman's, all filed pointy and all. What in the world? people who know him, has he always kept his fingernails like that??

I kind of noticed that too,thought ,also think it's kinda strange his lawyers don't have him in a suit.

But he is dressed in all white, just like an angel. (barf) is that some kind of subliminal message he's sending, white=innocence. not going to work!

It's almost time for court to end today, hopefully tomorrow somebody will remind Becky H. and Boz to turn their mic on. I believe that's the problem with the audio on their side.

Sounds like Laura planned well in case of her death! Sad but such a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95