GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost time for court to end today, hopefully tomorrow somebody will remind Becky H. and Boz to turn their mic on. I believe that's the problem with the audio on their side.

Quoting myself: When the camera panned out and then back in I saw the State's microphone and it is swung over as far away from BH as it can be. That's probably why we can barely hear her.

Is that Judge Stephens presiding? And where is the usual crowd, I wonder?

Coming in late, have I missed much?

Was wondering where you were????
Nope, this is only the second witness. The first was LA's business partner who reported her missing, etc. and laid all the groundwork for LE to get involved. This witness is LA best friend who, apparently, did not like GH at all. The defense's opening statement is blaming AH solely for the murder.

Is that Judge Stephens presiding? And where is the usual crowd, I wonder?

Yes, it's Judge Stephens and he's so fine.
Born is MIA--I'm hoping she is in the courtroom. Mad74 has been in and out today. Boodles too.

Quoting myself: When the camera panned out and then back in I saw the State's microphone and it is swung over as far away from BH as it can be. That's probably why we can barely hear her.

It's driving me nuts! Can't hear Becky.

Hi honey!!!! :wave:

You are just in time. Witnesses are credible, decent and polished. You couldn't ask for better ones.

:seeya: Hi chicqui, I saw you too! Does anyone know who the children are living with? Man, I hope it's not someone in Hayes/Haze family. :please: This witness sounds extremely credible, calm, precise, great witness. Saw Grant on the local news last night, schmoozing the courtroom, dressed casually. I was shocked he wasn't cuffed and could touch and hug. :banghead:

:seeya: Hi chicqui, I saw you too! Does anyone know who the children are living with? Man, I hope it's not someone in Hayes/Haze family. :please: This witness sounds extremely credible, calm, precise, great witness. Saw Grant on the local news last night, schmoozing the courtroom, dressed casually. I was shocked he wasn't cuffed and could touch and hug. :banghead:

Hate to tell ya, but the children are with his mother/parents in Kinston.

I know. :(

He looks like he's been smoking weed, i.e., stoned. Seriously, doesn't he? He also looks bored. Probably because they're talking about Laura and not him.

All 3 of the children are still with GH's parents as far as I know. He makes me sick.

Hate to tell ya, but the children are with his mother/parents in Kinston.

I know. :(

I hate to hear that. Is there anyone else who wanted them? Might there be an eventual custody battle?

Well, I'm just thinking here. The defense opening statement included remarks that 'Grant and Amanda began a series of stupid mistakes' or something to that effect with respect to their not calling the police upon LA's demise. Instead, they chopped her up and drover her to TX. So what is the name of that law, I think it's a national law, that even if you didn't commit a bank robbery but drove the get away car, you are still charged with the same thing as the person who held up the bank? Why wouldn't that law play in this case?

I hate to hear that. Is there anyone else who wanted them? Might there be an eventual custody battle?

LA's dad has already begun legal proceedings to get custody of them as far as I know. There was an article about that and him a few months ago.

What? We're done? :(

This judge's normal schedule is to begin at 9:30, lunch from 1:00--2:30, quit for the day at 5:00. With a morning break and an afternoon break. He's pretty good about staying on schedule.

This judge's normal schedule is to begin at 9:30, lunch from 1:00--2:30, quit for the day at 5:00. With a morning break and an afternoon break. He's pretty good about staying on schedule.

Oh, ok --- good to know and bravo judge!

Sounds like Laura planned well in case of her death! Sad but such a good idea.

yes she did, I guess she felt at least she could preserve some evidence. Very smart girl. I wish she would have gotten a concealed carry permit too! All others going through this kind of situation, preserve evidence but also arm yourself! The police won't be able to help you. Evidence after the fact will just help ensure prosecution, but it cannot save your life.

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

Posted: 10:05 a.m. today (8/29/13)
Updated: 7:08 p.m. today

Raleigh man's defense blames wife for ex-girlfriend's murder

Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh man on trial for the grisly murder of his ex-girlfriend and the mother of his two sons was involved in a bitter child custody dispute that drove him and his wife to plan and carry out her death in an effort to rid her from their lives, Wake County prosecutors said Thursday.

But defense attorneys for Grant Ruffin Hayes said it was his wife, Amanda Hayes, who killed Laura Jean Ackerson at the Hayeses' northwest Raleigh apartment on the evening of July 13, 2011, and then took charge of the situation to hide evidence of the unplanned attack

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-man-s-defense-blames-wife-for-ex-girlfriend-s-murder/12830920/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95