GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Must work again this morning, but I will be watching this afternoon.

Heavens to betsy. Can't someone get the microphone situation fixed in this courtroom?

My audio is surging in and out. And then it's very loud with the Judge, can't hear with anybody else.

Prosecution is batting 1000. The psychologist, Ginger Calloway will be allowed to testify to some degree. We will be hearing a summary of the report which is 59 pages long. The defense is objecting to parts of it. Right now, they are trying to get the recommendations at the end, mentioning that GH was very forthcoming about his drug use. He says drugs are not a part of the case.

Once the jury comes in, we should be hearing from the custody lawyer on cross, I think.

We all know the psychologist report was the catalyst that drove GH to murder LA. This report is 100% relevant.

The judge says that he doesn't know who did what to whom in this case, but the report may give a clue to them about motive. He mentions a lot of the recommendations, such as GH not be able to leave the state, change custody often which would limit his work.

The report would put significant restrictions on everyone.

In summary, the judge doesn't want to exclude anything from the report. He will give a limiting instruction to the jury as to how it may be used.

It is both prejudicial and highly probative at the same time.

THIS IS HUGE!

I also think this report will put into perspective the extreme actions that LA had to take to vindicate the allegations he made against her. It totally put into perspective both LA and GH state of mind at the time leading up to her death. POW, objection overruled!

Judge Stephens gettin' down this morning.

Objection overruled to the suggestion of removing the paragraph about the recommendation of GH being evaluated for mental health issues & her thoughts on GH substance abuse.

The more the defense tries to defend GH, the more despicable he appears, although he has exceeded the max of the despicable scale already. They should know better than to slime Laura and infer things about her. Nothing can justify this crime.

I have a feeling that when LA signed that consent agreement, she still was working on getting out from under GH's domination and control. She certainly sounded confident and sure of herself in her later e-mails and the recordings we heard yesterday.

Sorry for the back-to-back posts!

Defense shouldn't ask questions for which they don't know the answers. In this case, the defense managed to put foot in mouth by asking about the contempt motion. I don't think that it was mentioned that GH was not giving important paperwork for the evaluation besides the $$.

$200/hr. is not much for a custody battle. Wonder how much this PD makes per hour?

I think the defense makes their client look worse by their cross. They are not going to trip up this witness!

and BAM. It's in.

"one of the recommendations is that Mr. Hayes get a full psychological evaluation by a psychiatrist. Bc/ they noticed that Mr. Hayes had some illogical, disturbed thinking"

"Intense anger and rage that Mr. Hayes had towards Laura."

From Laura's custody lawyer.

I think the defense makes their client look worse by their cross. They are not going to trip up this witness!

For sure! Like, they asked about the recommendation about 50/50 custody. Then, on cross, objects to other recommendations not good for their client. They opened that particular door wide enough for a Mack Truck to drive through.

This testimony by Mr. Seargent is very, very favorable to LA and very compelling IMO!!

I have a feeling that the prosecution will rest with Dr. Ginger Calloway's testimony. End on a high note for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024