GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can spot that stuff in seconds. And I'm sure they are sick to death of 'em. And GH isn't that smart to start with....

The professionals can, that's for sure.

I'm just reminiscent of the Jodi Arias trial & Ms. LaViolette's infatuation with JA. ;)

The custody attorney finished direct and then cross. IMHO, the defense managed to dig GH's hole a bit deeper.

This is Dr. Ginger Calloway. She's now on cross. I'm thinking the end results will be the same.

None of this will keep GH from being convicted. He's done. Toast. Count on it.

And, how much do you want to bet that re-direct will wipe all that out with some of the good stuff about her and bad stuff about GH.

Omg, I'm watching livestream now, what is this defense lawyer doing over there?? Pause, pause, pause, waiting, waiting...

Omg, I'm watching livestream now, what is this defense lawyer doing over there?? Pause, pause, pause, waiting, waiting...

Stumble through words. No strike that. Um, well, and.

Hell, I can't follow his questions 1/2 the time.

Did that defense team believe they would be successful in not getting any of the shrink's testimony admitted? They seem ill prepared. As if they are reading the report for the first time. This has happened with this same group before where the atty seems to be forming questions based on what he is gleaning off of the papers in front of him.

I think the judge should time out that atty for not being prepared.

I guess when ya ain't got nothin' to work with, this is what you do. ;)

So True.......on another note I find both sides to be unprepared for keeping the questions going, there is so many long breaks in between each question. I guess I am use to JA trial and it moved along much quicker. Not so quick when Nurmi brought up JA life from childhood until present though.:floorlaugh:

Lack of assertiveness, poor judgement, immaturity, sense of helplessness....these were terms the doc used to describe Laura.

All signs of poor past relationships. Hello GH. Father of her children. Person who told her they were married.

Laura realizing that those boys needed her---- Needed her to be strong. Needed her to be a role model. Needed their mommy to be stable. THAT's what changed her. Yes, it may of took her a little while to realize that, but she was on her way. She was now charging ahead & driving in the fast lane to make the best Laura she could be. Getting to know herself for probably the first time in her life.

Gosh I'm sitting here at work in tears thinking of this. I went through this myself. It is quite possibly the most empowering thing that's ever happened to me. GH SAW THIS. He knew he was losing control of Laura. He knew she was caring less & less about him. She was caring about those boys, not him. He knew he would lose those boys at the next custody hearing. He had to stop it.

I was thinking I might get to the courtroom tomorrow, I was there for several days in Brad Cooper trial and one day in the Jason Young trial. This looks like the same courtroom but I do not remember what courtroom that was. Does anyone know or able to steer me to info. on what courtroom this trial is being heard.

AnonymousNC is corrrect, it is in the new Wake County Justice Center. If you go to the back door of the old courthouse you will be on Salisbury St. Cross Salisbury street, and the Justice Center is the building on the right.

The trial is on the 7th floor, but I'm not sure of the room number. There is an electronic display in the 1st floor lobby that you could check. There are only 4 courtrooms on the 7th floor, and they are all on one long hallway.

FYI, the new building has the criminal trials, but there are still civil trials in the old building. The new building has separate elevators for staff, defendants, and the public--a big improvement over the courthouse. The non-public elevators are behind the scenes, so you won't bump into GH or the judge in the hallway.

I love how she says "Judge, I need some guidance..." Lol!

I love how she says "Judge, I need some guidance..." Lol!

I like that. She is a pretty smart cookie. I would bet she has testified many, many times before, but uses the judge as her own personal check/balance. Kudos!!! :drumroll:

Yeah she's very much cognitively alert regarding the Defense's poor attempt at cross examining her.. I assume that's why she's the professional.

She called him out directly like 2 or 3 times. I think she's the only witness so far to claim "Objection" to questions from the defence and have all of them sustained..

"I need some guidance"

Yeah she's very much cognitively alert regarding the Defense's poor attempt at cross examining her.. I assume that's why she's the professional.

She called him out directly like 2 or 3 times. I think she's the only witness so far to claim "Objection" to questions from the defence and have all of them sustained..

"I need some guidance"

I like her. Apparently she knows her way around a court room. I give the State attys a minus grade on this one. The State should have been objecting. You don't leave it up to the witness to fend for herself on the stand.

I don't know if I am projecting but I sense some serious dislike coming off this lady towards GH. I don't blame her a bit. I think she was secretly applauding Laura becoming more confidant and assertive. Poor Laura, she didn't stand a chance against that animal because IMO he likes his women afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member